Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? (46272 Views)

How Can I Answer These Job Interview Questions / How Best Do I Answer These Interview Questions / How Would You Answer This Interview Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by felixedet(m): 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
GeneralPula:
The eggs..

Place the egg on your foot, like placing ball on the foot, then drop them on the floor gently.. The eggs will touch the floor and won’t break..

How many kids

I’ll just simply say the numbers of kids born daily are of 2 genders..
M & F..

U get sence Jo......weed for life

I don score 2 over 4..

God bless weed..
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Wilespo: 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
Psoul:
I saw this Interview Questions on Glassdoor and I just felt it might be very useful to some of us given that most companies especially in Nigeria like copying these big tech guys. We all know that Apple is one of the biggest Tech companies in the World and to get a job there wouldn’t be so easy.

Glassdoor decided to make this easy by providing some questions Apple Inc uses to select their employees – I would be revealing 3 questions here that I feel are more brain tasking and require more brain knowledge. Is your brain equipped to answer these Apple’s Job Interview Questions? If Yes? Let’s do this smiley

1. How many children are born every day?

2. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what’s the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What’s the optimal solution?

3.You have 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can’t feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.”

4. There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?

So who can answer any?
...they are mad....when i wan use their phones how many of these questions dem dey ask me....rubbish company!

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by AgainstIslam(f): 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
Psoul:
I saw this Interview Questions on Glassdoor and I just felt it might be very useful to some of us given that most companies especially in Nigeria like copying these big tech guys. We all know that Apple is one of the biggest Tech companies in the World and to get a job there wouldn’t be so easy.

Glassdoor decided to make this easy by providing some questions Apple Inc uses to select their employees – I would be revealing 3 questions here that I feel are more brain tasking and require more brain knowledge. Is your brain equipped to answer these Apple’s Job Interview Questions? If Yes? Let’s do this smiley

2. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what’s the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What’s the optimal solution?

3.You have 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can’t feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.”

4. There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?

So who can answer any?

m
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by PAWG(m): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2021
Timetravel88:
Number 4
Oranges makes apples go bad when stored together. This deterioration on the apple makes it easier to know what box has both fruits together.

Are you kidding me?
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by eakenbor: 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2021

ANSWER: Uncountable. It can only be estimated. That's why we have surveys and statistics.

ANSWER: Egg will always break. The optimal way is not to try at all so as to save the eggs.

ANSWER: Don't bother too much. Split the coins into 2 piles 50:50. No matter how many heads or tails are facing up in each pile, the total number of heads or tails will be the same because all the coins have 1 head and 1 tail each.

ANSWER: Open the one that is labelled Apples and it must either be Oranges or Mixed. If it is Oranges, then the one labelled Mixed actually contains Apples and the one labelled Oranges actually contains Mixed. But, if it contains Mixed, then the one labelled Oranges actually contains Apples and the one labelled Mixed actually contains Oranges.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by PAWG(m): 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2021
usah4:
Let Say
Box 1 is labeled Oranges (O) box 2 is labeled Apples (A) box 3 is labeled Apples and Oranges (A+O) and that ALL THREE BOXES ARE LABELLED INCORRECTLY" Pick a fruit from box 1, 1) if you pick an Orange: - box 1's real label can only be O or A+O - box 1's current label is O - since ALL LABELS ARE INCORRECT then box 1's real label cannot be O - box 1's new label should then be A+O by elimination - since ALL LABELS ARE INCORRECT - box 2's label is changed to O - box 3's label is changed to A - SOLVED 2) if you pick an Apple: - box 1's real label can only be A or A+O - box 1's current label is O - since ALL LABELS ARE INCORRECT then box 1's real label cannot be O - this still leaves us with the choice between label A and label A+O - which would both be correct - FAILURE Solution: The trick is to actually pick a fruit from the A+O labeled box Pick a fruit from box 3: 1) if you pick an Orange: - box 3's real label can only be O or A - box 3's current label is A+O - since ALL LABELS ARE INCORRECT then box 3's real label cannot be A+O - box 3's new label should then be O by elimination - since ALL LABELS ARE INCORRECT - box 1's label is changed to A - box 2's label is changed to A+O - SOLVED 2) if you pick an Apple: - box 3's real label can only be O or A - box 3's current label is A+O - since ALL LABELS ARE INCORRECT then box 3's real label cannot be A+O - box 3's new label should then be A by elimination (not O) - since ALL LABELS ARE INCORRECT - box 1's label is changed to A+O - box 2's label is changed to O

You get the logic

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by tunjijones(m): 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see so many Nairalanders unable to answer the questions yet they will claim that there are no jobs. This I have seen.

If you wan give person job give am already.

Which one be all this questions whey no get ansa whey u dey ask...

I bet you will not apply the answer to any of these questions on the job.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Finger5(m): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
Question1.
Average of 385,000 children are born everyday.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by joegigs(m): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
1. Babies are born not children
2.no matter the height the eggs will crash
3.you can't split without touching them

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by soundOsonic: 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
Psoul:

So who can answer any?
1. You can't know the exact number for sure, but babies are born daily not children so the answer is 0.

2. The optimal solution is by not dropping any of the eggs. Dropping it from all floors will break the egg.

3. This one is simple just split them into the two pile randomly you will still have thesame number of heads. How? They asked you should split so as you will have thesame number of head not thesame number of head ups.
4. This one is impossible. My answer will be Apple cannot be incorrectly labeled.
They didn't say it was apple fruit, I am writing an exam in Apple and I would rather choose to identify the Apple as a product and not a phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by sharpchap: 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
1. Babies are born. Children have already grown.

2. An egg will. Break from virtually any height except the floor

3. Sort each pile into 50/50. Notice they didn't say the heads side must be facing up! ( U just assumed that) grin grin grin

4. U must open the box labelled apples&oranges first then U can easily figure the others out without opening.

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by stayclearofme: 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see so many Nairalanders unable to answer the questions yet they will claim that there are no jobs. This I have seen.
Why didn't you see the answer?
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Dharniel600(m): 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Our educational system is whack so i no know am. I could be a genius abroad but here, still submitting yeye cv
those questions has nothing to do with our educational system but the genius in us and how smart we are individually
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by PAWG(m): 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2021
Kokaine:
1. no child is born daily

2. an egg will break from whatever height floor. so there's no need finding that out.

3. if the 10 heads and 90tails are separated, the share 90 in to two(45 each), share 10 into 2 (5each) add each group of 5 to 45. and you have two groups of 50 coins. 5 heads and 45 tails.

4. I'll put my hand in each box five times, if the same fruit comes out, then it's that fruit. and if a different one comes out, then that's the mix bag

you’re female right?
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
1. At least zero

2. Once it is broken you can't have it again. However if you insist, a little ladder and some measurements could help.

3. Each sides have at least a head, just take 50:50

4. Old method, deep your hand and scramble around. If most items feels the same. (Apple is smooth, oranges are rough). Then you've gotten the clue, since all boxes are labeled incorrectly.

E.g. Box A = Tag (A and O)

Box B = Tag O

Box C = Tag A

Box B is touched and scramble around, having both smooth and rough. (Apple and oranges). It simply means it should bear tag (A and O). In that case Box C is incorrect (since the question says all boxes are labeled incorrectly) and will be given to Box A, the left over will be given to Box C
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by olisefom: 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
This is one of the reasons I turned an employer. Look at questions!
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Athemisia: 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
My Fellas this is a plain mathematical question and it's all over the internet...

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by PAWG(m): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
eakenbor:

ANSWER: Uncountable. It can only be estimated. That's why we have surveys and statistics.

ANSWER: Egg will always break. The optimal way is not to try at all so as to save the eggs.

ANSWER: Don't bother too much. Split the coins into 2 piles 50:50. No matter how many heads or tails are facing up in each pile, the total number of heads or tails will be the same because all the coins have 1 head and 1 tail each.

ANSWER: Open the one that is labelled Apples and it must either be Oranges or Mixed. If it is oranges, then the one labelled Apples actually contains Mixed and the one labelled Mixed actually contains Apples. But, if it contains Mixed, then the one labelled Apples actually contains Oranges and the one labelled Oranges actually contains Apples.

Copy and Paste angry

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by SweetCunt97(f): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
Dharniel600:
those questions has nothing to do with our educational system but the genius in us and how smart we are individually
ngwanu answer am na
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2021
cutiedave:
There are no correct answers to these questions...

These questions are meant to observe your thought process and how you approach problems...

Some people are deductive thinkers.... their approach to these questions would be different from an inductive thinker...

When you face these types of questions, just relax and answers casually...

The interviewers already know what they are looking for...and it definitely isn't a correct answer...

For instance, on that egg question, the first thing that came to my mind was to start calculating different height, gravitational force and all...
This might show I'm not a deductive thinker...

As i scrolled through the pages on these thread, i saw some deductive thinkers...

Someone said the egg would break at any height so there is no need to test...
This is deductive thinking...

And if apple needs a deductive thinker they would choose that guy over me...

That's not true. I'm quite sure a particular one has a correct answers.
The one with the apples and oranges.

I'm obviously not including the "deductive answer" question. Which, in all honesty, as a definite answer too. Which is no floor
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by kessjames: 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2021
1: Zero children born everyday
2: Take one egg to the first floor and drop it, if it breaks then you have your answer, i.e it will break at every other floor. If it doesn't break then you move on to the next floor until it breaks and you have your answer.
3: Divide the coins equally as there is no way to know which is heads or tail.
4. Since all the boxes have been mislabeled, yes I can label the other boxes after picking a fruit from one of them and visually identifying it.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
Answer to question 1 is two children; male and Female. At least I got this one
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Athemisia: 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
Stephenmoka4:
1. At least zero

2. Once it is broken you can't have it again. However if you insist, a little ladder and some measurements could help.

3. The side of the head is going to look different from the tail, hence feeling them with fingers. All head are design the same (same coin type). The head of a coin is usually a shape of a head or profile (rough and uneven surface), use your hand to feel it and face that part on the left side. The tail should feel different, blank (smooth) or just side writing.

4. Old method, deep your hand and scramble around. If most items feels the same. (Apple is smooth, oranges are rough). Then you've gotten the clue, since all boxes are labeled incorrectly.

E.g. Box A = Tag (A and O)

Box B = Tag O

Box C = Tag A

Box B is touched and scramble around, having both smooth and rough. (Apple and oranges). It simply means it should bear tag (A and O). In that case Box C is incorrect (since the question says all boxes are labeled incorrectly) and will be given to Box A, the left over will be given to Box C
WRONG

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by TeraHawks: 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
- Babies are born everyday not children.
- Boil one egg and drop it starting from the lowest floor. The floor that breaks the boiled egg is the answer.
- For every head you pick, line up 9 tails behind it.
- You open the first box and feel the fruits inside; you can tell if its one or both fruits inside the box. If the box contains one fruit say orange, it means the other box labeled orange actually contains apples and as such the other box contains both apples and oranges. If the first box contains both oranges and apples, then the other boxes labeled orange and apple actually contain the opposites.

QED.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by olawonder(m): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
Xiaomi1:
I never eat. Solving these rhetorical questions required a stomach full of food, abeg.

These are not rhetorical questions!
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by West2019(m): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
I can only answer number 1 , numbers of children born everyday are 50m
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Najdorf: 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
People are really overthinking number 1 Sha

The rest are logic questions
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Starchy7(m): 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Psoul:

So who can answer any?
How all these take relate to technology?
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by 9ty4our: 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
1. atleast one child is born every day 2. Tire the egg to a thread. 3. Dividing into 2 you'll have 45 tails and 5 heads
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Angrymode: 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2021
1. Impossible for anyone to give an accurate value.

2. I will set up my design such as attaching the egg in a mini shute to descend it or a balloon containing an egg that will descend slowly with it. This will be done from the highest floor available.

3. Simply sharing the coins into two equal parts.

4. I will select a fruit from the box wrongly labelled as orange. If I'm lucky to still pick an orange, it will be correctly labelled as apple/orange. Then the box labelled wrongly as apple will be corrected as orange and the third box wrongly labelled apple/orange corrected as apple.

This is what I will go with in the heat of the interview grin
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Godful: 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2021
No 3, divide the coin into two, that's is 50 50 , they will surely contain the same number of heads
Psoul:

So who can answer any?

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by firstratedcitiz(m): 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2021
These are purely AI tests that are meant to challenge your brain and see how you would respond to critical challenging issues that would require more than just academic intellect to handle. There's usually no Yes or No answer to these kind of questions. You just let your brain solve the puzzle.

Interestingly, these are also the type of examinations that intelligence organizations give to people newly recruited into espionage, especially for those in field operations. Though theirs are usually in the form of practical or demonstrative tests, not necessarily written tests.

And one is expected to pass such tests before they're even considered eligible for enlistment as field agent. I was reading the other day of how Mossad of Israel recruits its operatives. In one such practical examination a Mossad candidate for recruitment was ordered to approach a team of six heavily armed soldiers stationed at a military base and to, without risking his own life in the process or attracting attention to his mission, abduct one of the soldiers and deliver him safely to a Mossad safe house. Carrying out this mission successfully means that the candidate passed the test and therefore would be recruited as a Mossad officer. Failing on the mission, on the other hand, means automatic disqualification.

This was a particularly dangerous mission, one that could have led to him being killed by the team of apparently well trained special forces soldiers.

But he indeed succeeded and had the target abducted and brought safely to his handlers at the Mossad house. It turned out the soldier being abducted was in fact a member of the Mossad recruitment team and knew of the mission all along. But the young Mossad trainee did not know this.

I was left in awe reading how he had plotted the very delicate but intelligent moves that helped him succeed on the mission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NIRSAL National Microfinance Bank Recruitment (NNMFB) / Who Else Got This Message From Idisco? / Qi Group Of Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.