Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? (47761 Views)

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? / Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? / Advice : Is Lexus The Best Car To Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Bobxin: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
CodeTemplar:
There a town called ondo inside Ondo state. Same too for Bauchi, Kano, Oyo, Kebbi, and Kaduna.
Wow!
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by JohnBullMySon: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
Over the last 2 years, I have seen over 8 accidents that involves a Lexus IS 250, I don't want to pin this down to anything but it's obvious that most yahoo Boys like the car and they buy it every now and then.

Knowing the wayward life of yahoo Boys, they are always reckless when they drive and most are either high or drunk thus the number of accidents involving this car. But one thing I've noticed in all of these accidents is the level of damage on that car every time.

You have your answer already. Considering that Yahoo boys are the highest patronizers, with the way they speed like deranged people, once they crash their car, it's always a write off.

BTW hope you know that cars are deliberately built to destroy extensively following a crash? It's for a very good reason.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
You have your answer already. Considering that Yahoo boys are the highest patronizers, with the way they speed like deranged people, once they crash their car, it's always a write off.

BTW hope you know that cars are deliberately built to destroy extensively following a crash? It's for a very good reason.
What could that reason be?
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by JohnBullMySon: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

What could that reason be?
The front and rear parts of a car are designed to break apart following a crash, this dissipates energy and reduces the chances of the middle section suffering serious damages and killing occupants.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by worldman(m): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
Engine horse power is too high for that small car
Is250 uses a 4GR engine
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by akinshola962: 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

That's an Acura but you can't compare since I'm sure you have no idea what happened to that car. That is probably an accident that involved a truck. I'm talking of lone accidents that still rendered IS250 useless.
Some months ago, some boys were driving fast at night in Ondo here. Some say they were being pursued by police, some said no one was chasing them but what I know is they crash the car into a pole and sent it tumbling a few times. That IS250 was moved to a dump site at the same location I visit when I want to repair my car. The vehicle is a write off. I looked closely and I can tell you, there is absolutely nothing that's still useful in that ride.
Before you ask, the boys didn't die but even till now, all three are still in the hospital with multiple broken bones.
Now another scenario, 4 boys, driving a benz, coming from Lagos. Met the accident along Benin road, car was hit by a truck from being and the force sent the car tumbling several times. I met the 4 boys there, looking at the damages on the car. They are fine. Yes the car took a hit everywhere but it stood and they could still get out.
this one is lonely accident
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Funflipper: 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
Gravatar:

Just look at this guy

Sometimes I go see topic for this cartalk and I go wan join talk, give my opinion

But over time I don notice say many people wey dey post things here, no really sabi much about cars and how they work, most things they post, na from ignorance

You, na good example.

So you no sabi say IS350 and IS250 na exactly the same shape and size?

SMH

He no know lol.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by kingreign(m): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
The front and rear parts of a car are designed to break apart following a crash, this dissipates energy and reduces the chances of the middle section suffering serious damages and killing occupants.
You're right. But the front and rear arent designed to beak apart, rather, they're designed to crush or crumple progressively and in a controlled manner whilst dissipating the force of impact around the body, this leaving the safety shell largely unaffected.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Bobxin: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

Hmmm undecided
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by JohnBullMySon: 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2021
kingreign:

You're right. But the front and rear arent designed to beak apart, rather, they're designed to crush or crumple progressively and in a controlled manner whilst dissipating the force of impact around the body, this leaving the safety shell largely unaffected.
Alright smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Richthekid: 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
All cars can right off depending on the level of accidents
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Olifiz(m): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

I was wondering where they got 300hp too. Obviously the size of that car can't carry a 300hp engine.

Really!!??

Most is250 carry a 4gr engine which is better and bigger than a venza v6 engine with 2GR. Is250 is a heavy car and very fast. I own a Camry 010 v6 with 2GR engine and with 256HP and also driven a 2008 is250 v6 with 4GR engine is just faster and heavier than the Camry.

Back to OP more frequent accident with that car is due to its speed which relates to the body weight compared to the engine. It’s a fast car
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by ikuku(m): 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
sexyto:
May be too much speed and weak roof structure.

No such thing as weak roof structure, every car around the world almost use the same material. You should have left it at "too much speed". The poster should also ask why does gun kill people? People always want to apportion blame on something else leaving out the real culprit.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by slimmoney(m): 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
and Nasarawa
CodeTemplar:
There a town called ondo inside Ondo state. Same too for Bauchi, Kano, Oyo, Kebbi, and Kaduna.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by ono(m): 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
Anyone know where I can get a Lexus IS 350? - Please note, I did not say IS 250 o o. Very clean one o - urgently needed.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by drakeskull(m): 12:18am On Apr 18, 2021
Wickedfacts:
Not only ls250, do you know how many people that useless RX330 has killed along that Benin Ore Rd?

On the contrary, the drivers are mostly useless, not the cars. I saw one 2 days ago driving one like a track car almost causing multiple accidents. Driving a lexus like a Bugatti, that's foolishness

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by drakeskull(m): 12:39am On Apr 18, 2021
Olifiz:

Really!!??

Most is250 carry a 4gr engine which is better and bigger than a venza v6 engine with 2GR. Is250 is a heavy car and very fast. I own a Camry 010 v6 with 2GR engine and with 256HP and also driven a 2008 is250 v6 with 4GR engine is just faster and heavier than the Camry.

What's fast about an IS250? A meagre 204hp.. how can it be faster than the Camry or even an Avalon if thosr cars aren't faulty. Maybe you drove an is350

Back to OP more frequent accident with that car is due to its speed which relates to the body weight compared to the engine. It’s a fast car
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Hallabee1(m): 1:00am On Apr 18, 2021
Aje ...

You can go for Peugeot 504... I saw it this morning after how many years with this word written at the back....SHOGUNLAYE (this world no be war). twitch it, lobatan .Since you don't know what to go for

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by ekene101: 1:06am On Apr 18, 2021
Offpoint1:

Lol, there's Ondo Town in Ondo State... Don't be confuse bro
no mind me o,that's why when he replied back I didn't respond because I knew something like that may exist.thanks anyway.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by ekene101: 1:06am On Apr 18, 2021
Offpoint1:

Lol, there's Ondo Town in Ondo State... Don't be confuse bro
thanks for clarifying my ignorance, person no dey know finish..
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by ekene101: 1:08am On Apr 18, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Ok sir,now I understand because d tin do me like say person dey travel from edo to benin city..e dey funny for my ears b4..
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by ekene101: 1:09am On Apr 18, 2021
Rocktation:

There is an Ondo town in Ondo.
now I get,wetin person no know senior am.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by ekene101: 1:11am On Apr 18, 2021
davidque:

Seems you didn't know that there is a town called ondo inside ondo state. Ondo town is the second largest city after akure in ondo state
bros I no know o,na sobe I don waka reach, that's from benin to akure and back to Owan west, which is part of edo state again,so d tin funny me for ear.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by ekene101: 1:13am On Apr 18, 2021
Wickedfacts:

There is a city in Ondo State called Ondo Town. Akure is the state capital.
na now I dey hear am so o,but for those wey no know,d tin funny for ear o,just like person say he dey travel from asaba to delta, people go look u chinese eyes o.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Rolexjerry(m): 7:18am On Apr 18, 2021
Personally I don't think a car should be severely damaged if a big truck is not involved.
This assertion is wrong. Normal cars too involved in accident can cause damage beyond recognition if both collided with great enough speed(velocity).
Remember in Newton's second law of motion (momentum law), two things can cause this kind of accident:
large masses or high velocities.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Offpoint1: 8:16am On Apr 18, 2021
ekene101:
thanks for clarifying my ignorance, person no dey know finish..
You're welcome bro... Nobody is an island, we learn every day.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by lebete3000: 8:16am On Apr 18, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

That's an Acura but you can't compare since I'm sure you have no idea what happened to that car. That is probably an accident that involved a truck. I'm talking of lone accidents that still rendered IS250 useless.
Some months ago, some boys were driving fast at night in Ondo here. Some say they were being pursued by police, some said no one was chasing them but what I know is they crash the car into a pole and sent it tumbling a few times. That IS250 was moved to a dump site at the same location I visit when I want to repair my car. The vehicle is a write off. I looked closely and I can tell you, there is absolutely nothing that's still useful in that ride.
Before you ask, the boys didn't die but even till now, all three are still in the hospital with multiple broken bones.
Now another scenario, 4 boys, driving a benz, coming from Lagos. Met the accident along Benin road, car was hit by a truck from being and the force sent the car tumbling several times. I met the 4 boys there, looking at the damages on the car. They are fine. Yes the car took a hit everywhere but it stood and they could still get out.

Which model & year of Benz be that abeg? As I'm of the thought only old Benz model are strong...
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Kingnonny(m): 8:26am On Apr 18, 2021
Reasons for that is because Is250 is a Spoty car with relatively smaller body size but with a heavy body weight. Most of the points made here can be said to be true, the car has a very high powered engine hence the over speeding by the drivers. My personal experience with the car is that you could overtake someone on 120-140 speed with ease without noticing that you're on a high speed. Mind you the car has both back and front aisle ie 4 wheel drive so imagine the power in a smaller body size. Another factor is that the car has a relatively smaller interior space in fact this is a major reason why I sold mine last year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by kingreign(m): 8:38am On Apr 18, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Guy, no dey talk anyhow,
Below pictures I just uploaded are benz, I'm sure fatalities or serious injuries occurred to the occupants.

I uploaded the pictures to buttress the point that any car can get seriously damaged, cause fatalities or serious injuries in an accident and become a write off.

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by kingreign(m): 8:44am On Apr 18, 2021
lebete3000:

Which model & year of Benz be that abeg? As I'm of the thought only old Benz model are strong...

This is the remains of a Lamborghini huracan 2018 MY.
It goes to prove a point that any car given the right condition can shatter on impact.

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by kingreign(m): 8:52am On Apr 18, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
OP, you get small point,most Lexus sedan accident I see the car is always a write off,there was one posted in nairaland that happened in ekpoma and the driver was a car dealer,he was driving an es330,omo when I see the car I shock.the car split and separate in multiple places,it was a total wreck.but I know lexus to be strong car,dnt knw why it's so mangled up easily.maybe na scrap Lexus dem dey ship come naija,maybe

Any car can get mangled up.

Below picture is a truck.

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by dangervu(m): 8:55am On Apr 18, 2021
that lexus i250 its an all wheel drive car ,its not for kids ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.