Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? (47757 Views)

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? / Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? / Advice : Is Lexus The Best Car To Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by 9icetoo(m): 10:40am On Apr 18, 2021
kingreign:

Any car can get mangled up.

Below picture is a truck.
You have tried and I give you that but recall what heavenlybang wrote.

It's a bloody stupid thread. Try as much as you want, opinions have been formed and an agenda is being pushed. Even if you show them the picture of a totalled rolls royce wraith, the following won't change:
1. IS250 was poorly designed
2. The car cannot handle 300 horsepower
3. The car has 0 crash rating
4. It has poor driving dynamics
5. It can only be purchased by yahoo boys
6. All IS250 drivers are yahoo drivers who can't drive and it's their first car.
7. They all know better than Lexus.

I still applaud your efforts though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by kingreign(m): 10:42am On Apr 18, 2021
9icetoo:

It's a bloody stupid thread. Try as much as you want, opinions have been formed and an agenda is being pushed. Even if you show them the picture of a totalled rolls royce wraith, the following won't change:
6. All IS250 drivers are yahoo drivers who can't drive and it's their first car.

This cracked me up real hard. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:41am On Apr 18, 2021
9icetoo:

grin grin
Pretty much summarized this garbage thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by alphabbey1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2021
PAQ:
You already stated some reasons why you see alot of written off IS250's. i am sure you are talking of the second generation IS250 (2005 - 2015), be mindful that the car is a compact sedan with alot of power; a V6 with top speed of 230 kph (143 mph) and and 0 - 100km in 7.6 seconds (a little bit faster as the years go by). It has a perfect 5 star rating in terms of crash tests done by NHTSA (National Highway Traffic System Administration) so that rules out any structural defects.

The reasons why you see them in such accidents are because:

- Is250/ 350 target audience are young people unlike its big brother ES350
- its the first car to some of its owners
- Its a fast car compared to your average commute
- The owners are the out going type & single, unlike ES350 whos owners are the conservative type & mostly family people
- The drivers are usually drunk or on drugs (intoxicated)

Now when you have a combination of a single, intoxicated, inexperienced driver with no responsibilities behind a fast machine feeling untop of the world because he has some money, what do you expect apart from beta accident??
This your post is just full of practical wisdom cheesy. Truly, IS250 is majorly for singles that are just handling fast cars for the first time in there life, so they tend to accelerate at any express road they hit grin
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
alphabbey1:
This your post is just full of practical wisdom cheesy. Truly, IS250 is majorly for singles that are just handling fast cars for the first time in there life, so they tend to accelerate at any express road they hit grin

The IS250 isn't even a fast car. It's slow as hell.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by oride: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
So much ignorance on one thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by yungboss(m): 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
oride:
So much ignorance on one thread.
It's a shame...
So many ridiculous comments about a car that went through safety tests before mass production. This is one type of thread that can be used for statistical sampling in academic studies, to understand the character or intelligence of a people relative to a specific subject.
At least if you (Op) want to present an observation of this kind, make your presentation intelligently.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by kingreign(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
yungboss:

It's a shame...
So many ridiculous comments about a car that went through safety tests before mass production. This is one type of thread that can be used for statistical sampling in academic studies, to understand the character or intelligence of a people relative to a specific subject.
At least if you (Op) want to present an observation of this kind, make your presentation intelligently.

Simply put, they should go ask for a refund for the school fees paid or their schools should simply put a disclaimer to them as alumnus and withdraw their certificates. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by yungboss(m): 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
kingreign:

Simply put, they should go ask for a refund for the school fees paid or their schools should simply put a disclaimer to them as alumnus and withdraw their certificates. grin grin
cheesy So true. This isn't really about whether they are car people or not, but the pattern of reasoning can be seen in the comments.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by kingreign(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
yungboss:

cheesy So true. This isn't really about whether they are car people or not, but the pattern of reasoning can be seen in the comments.

It's actually very sad and shameful to see such comments in an international forum which projects the image of active Nigerian internet users to the world. They don't research, but they don't study, they do not even have the second thought to use Google or other search engines to get knowledge on anything. They just ignorantly pour out anything they heard as rumours or that just comes to their limited mindset. cry cry
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by yungboss(m): 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
kingreign:

It's actually very sad and shameful to see such comments in an international forum which projects the image of active Nigerian internet users to the world. They don't research, but they don't study, they do not even have the second thought to use Google or other search engines to get knowledge on anything. They just ignorantly pour out anything they heard as rumours or that just comes to their limited mindset. cry cry
Absolutely! cheesy cheesy they even posted a crash test video without even analysing or showing a proof as to why the car is not safe...seems the Op expected the car to rebound without damage after the crash, he was shocked to see the car damaged. Funnily enough, in all his claims...he never said passengers died grin.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by kingreign(m): 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
yungboss:

Absolutely! cheesy cheesy they even posted a crash test video without even analysing or showing a proof why the car is not safe...seems the Op expected the car to rebound without damage after the crash, he was shocked to see the car damaged. Funnily enough, in all his claims...he never said passengers died grin.

Their case is different. That's all I can say. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by space9880: 4:36am On Apr 19, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

I was wondering where they got 300hp too. Obviously the size of that car can't carry a 300hp engine.
is350 is same size with 304hp
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by slex(m): 4:52am On Apr 19, 2021
ono:
Anyone know where I can get a Lexus IS 350? - Please note, I did not say IS 250 o o. Very clean one o - urgently needed.

I have at ajah.

I have at ikeja..

Contact me
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by slex(m): 4:55am On Apr 19, 2021
kingreign:

This cracked me up real hard. grin grin

LOL.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by slex(m): 5:01am On Apr 19, 2021
In my own opinion...

In ondo state, the car is just getting popular and because of that, you will see its mostly young guys that drive that car. You Knw how it is with young people that car go still de shack them for head. Anything new or in Vogue is what they will use to impress and oppress.

Young people like speed and that route (ondo town to akure expressway) is very very tempting.

Driving there with a hilux is so sweet not to talk of with the Lexus IS.

I think it all boils down to the drivers and how they feel the Lexus is like a Ferrari in their sights. Lol.

The IS is a lovely car and fun to drive, trust me.

The ISF, hmmmm very very powerful. I think I've only seen one guy in Nigeria that actually owns one.

Ps.. I saw someone saying the IS is Awd, not all of them sir.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by kingreign(m): 6:13am On Apr 19, 2021
slex:
In my own opinion...

In ondo state, the car is just getting popular and because of that, you will see its mostly young guys that drive that car. You Knw how it is with young people that car go still de shack them for head. Anything new or in Vogue is what they will use to impress and oppress.

Young people like speed and that route (ondo town to akure expressway) is very very tempting.

Driving there with a hilux is so sweet not to talk of with the Lexus IS.

I think it all boils down to the drivers and how they feel the Lexus is like a Ferrari in their sights. Lol.

The IS is a lovely car and fun to drive, trust me.

The ISF, hmmmm very very powerful. I think I've only seen one guy in Nigeria that actually owns one.

Ps.. I saw someone saying the IS is Awd, not all of them sir.

My 2 cents.

I've seen 5 different units of them at different times in Abuja.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Graciafun(m): 10:40am On Apr 19, 2021
chronos00:

Lol

Bros, you say I can't make comparisons, but its obvious that the entire purpose of your posts and this thread, is to compare the IS250 to other vehicles, Mercedes Benz models, for instance.

Those pictures I posted are pictures of 2012 Acura TL, the same model you own and drive, all mangled up, I strongly doubt that anybody survived those wrecks.

You're trying to create the impression that the IS250 is an unsafe vehicle, based on wrecks you claim to have come across. I could also make the same claim for the Acura, based on those pictures.

There are several factors that affect structural integrity. Prior collisions, unsafe handling, are a few of them. If the IS 250 were a structurally unsafe vehicle, that would have been revealed a long time ago by the people who buy these vehicles new, and who use them for hundreds of thousands of miles, before we receive them.

So bros, avoid the fallacy of hasty generalization. Anecdotes sound good, but aren't always factual.

A wonderful submission sir

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by slex(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
kingreign:

I've seen 5 different units of them at different times in Abuja.

Not surprised. Tge one I saw was also at Abuja
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by BamBamK: 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2021
retweet

HeavenlyBang:

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Bobxin: 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
9icetoo:

Number 2. is wrong undecided
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Bobxin: 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
yungboss:

It's a shame...

True, but some folks have made it clear to the OP there are some intelligent reasons outlined here that has educated the OP I guess.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by aumusa: 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
Funny enough i still love this car

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by 9icetoo(m): 11:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
Bobxin:

Number 2. is wrong undecided
Go through the posts. Then you will understand.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by alphabbey1(m): 7:01am On Apr 20, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Drive corrola, then drive the IS again.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by ono(m): 7:47pm On Apr 23, 2021
slex:

I have at ajah.

I have at ikeja..

Contact me

Send your contact details.
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by slex(m): 6:05am On Apr 24, 2021
ono:

Send your contact details.

Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 24, 2021
Shegzycoded:
This thread is this, the thread is that, but you've commented like 50 times stupid hypocrites, if you're really that knowledgeable you won't be here on this same ignorant thread, very foolish human beings

People dey comment base on intelligence and facts, you dey use emotions dey tackle. Oga how you feel about what he said doesn't change anything.
It is what it is.
Peace
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
Re: Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? by Blankstare(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2021
Kingnonny:
Reasons for that is because Is250 is a Spoty car with relatively smaller body size but with a heavy body weight. Most of the points made here can be said to be true, the car has a very high powered engine hence the over speeding by the drivers. My personal experience with the car is that you could overtake someone on 120-140 speed with ease without noticing that you're on a high speed. Mind you the car has both back and front aisle ie 4 wheel drive so imagine the power in a smaller body size. Another factor is that the car has a relatively smaller interior space in fact this is a major reason why I sold mine last year.

Will you advise one to buy a Naija used if I happen to get a good one, and how much can it cost?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.