Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? (9634 Views)

Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? / How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Ugaboy: 10:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Trustedpronet: 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2021
Buy 2 litres of Chelsea...drink it gently and forget your sorrow.
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
helinues:

Can't really count how many letters I mailed or email sent while looking for job/opportunities..

Along the line, I realized that life plenty than to be stuck with job/opportunity rejection
Did you apply to APCheat?

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by helinues: 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2021
imhotep:

Did you apply to APCheat?

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3

That's all what you could think of or come about it

Tochukwu, Trolling is not good for your health
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
helinues:

That's all what you could think of or come about it

Tochukwu, Trolling is not good for your health

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Goodness34:
it hurts and feel very bad to be turned down after so many interviews.

I feel like I offended the gods, I feel low bad and it's making me lose confidence.

business is my line of work that I will prosper with but you know getting the capital is not easy unless you get a job and work for few years. but this rejection is too much it's giving me depression. how do you deal with it ?

Keep pursing don't give up. I was rejected and humiliated for different jobs for many years. But right now , I have a job. And the management begged me for it. They have been doing all they can to keep me. They don't even believe that i will stay with them for long , so they had to employ a fresh graduate to start learning from me.
I will look for a time to share the testimony here.
Don't give up

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Enceladus(m): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2021
The question is do you have the skills? Often times when I get a rejection mail I always laugh because I know they just missed a great asset, and that is their loss. Sooner or later a far better opportunity will come.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by efficiencie(m): 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Find out where you goofed. Find out where the employer goofed. Adjust your application strategy based on what you have learned. Improve your soft and hard skills. Follow GOD's direction at all times...and soon enough you will be smiling at your new work place!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Tokotaya: 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
I no go kill myself

But frankly speaking ..I barely fail in an interview

It’s either the amount or condition that turns me off

What is this one saying? Is this an opportunity for chest-beating. A depressed person is seeking counsel and all you can do is gloat? SMH

OP take it easy, jare. Rejection and job applications are 5 and 6. It's just like finding a wife or husband. You go through so many before you land the one. Keep applying and showing up at interviews. One day, your own job will land.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2021
I don’t I just move on ...and buy the business later
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Tokotaya: 11:06pm On Apr 14, 2021
NamelessOGBENI:

Dear OP,

I like you for being honest, you said business is your line of work and getting capital is not easy unless you have a job. I'm glad you're realistic enough not to follow the plethora of motivational speakers and emotional folks here who will jump on this thread and say 'entrepreneurship is bae', 'life of an entrepreneur', 'I don't know what you're passing through because am self-made'.
Listen man, that rejection (in my own world, I believe the employee missed out on hiring a great hand, so it's there loss and I move on to the next) is a spring board for you to keep pushing more and more, keep trying and don't forget to scout the internet for relevant information that could speed up the process for you, mind you, I'm referring to grants, sponsorship etc and another thing don't be shy to take up menial jobs, we all start from somewhere. All in all, I wish you all the best, man.

You be beta person! Sound counsel.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Stanleyville(m): 11:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
grin

Smoke one!.
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Goodness34: 11:26pm On Apr 14, 2021
it hurts alot na so I just broke like tomorrow no dey
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
Shoot yasef
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
Kenoxman:
How can you say that capital is your problem in starting a biz? The fact remains that u hav never been passionate about starting a biz. You prefer the easier route which is a paid job. So quit blaming lack of capital
Na Wetin be his challenge if its not capital?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Goodness34: 11:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
Joysticks:
Na Wetin be his challenge if its not capital?
help me ask am abeg.
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Goodness34: 11:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
PatriotExact:
Shoot yasef
I'd prefer to shoot you
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Olawalejeremy18(m): 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2021
G
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by tubetv: 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
Just go house, cook rice by drink chop and sleep then listen to this #dmx quotes to keep u motivated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=socHaX-JuLM
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Olawalejeremy18(m): 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr...
Hey son
Relate the issue with the rest of your niggarrrr

Those ones will book hotel for you..supply you with enough weed, enough pussy(paid runs babe) and some bottles

After that they will advise you to stop looking for job...
Just join them and bomb
Sure they will supply you with enough tools and format

Bro i just emailed you. Pls DM me with you whatapp number. We need run package. Hustle pays!
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
Goodness34:
I'd prefer to shoot you

Ubanka
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by hollah123: 11:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Kenoxman:
How can you say that capital is your problem in starting a biz? The fact remains that u hav never been passionate about starting a biz. You prefer the easier route which is a paid job. So quit blaming lack of capital
how do u expect him to raise capital bro?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by blinkz4real: 11:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
There will always be someone who cant see your worth.

Don't let it be you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Harpyeagle(m): 11:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
smiley

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by topiiiiiiii(f): 12:13am On Apr 15, 2021
Kenoxman:
bis it his teeth he will use to get what he requires to strt up, can passion buy biscuit, guy let not sugercoat anything money is needed to start anything even to learn is money

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by jaxxy(m): 12:24am On Apr 15, 2021
Goodness34:

I feel like I offended the gods, I feel low bad and it's making me lose confidence.

business is my line of work that I will prosper with but you know getting the capital is not easy unless you get a job and work for few years. but this rejection is too much it's giving me depression. how do you deal with it ?

When u get the wrong outcome continuously step back and check urself, if Ure doing anything wrongly, check every aspect. U can be getting rejected every time just like that if Ure doing the right thing. Do progress to the final stages? What do feel is the reason based on ur experiences sofar? Analyze ur self sir.

Be selective in ur application and interviews. There are some jobs u shudnt even go far if u have the right yardsticks.
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Olawalejeremy18(m): 12:26am On Apr 15, 2021
topiiiiiiii:
bis it his teeth he will use to get what he requires to strt up, can passion buy biscuit, guy let not sugercoat anything money is needed to start anything even to learn is money
I swear. Even to learn yahoo yahoo, na money.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by PhillyA: 12:52am On Apr 15, 2021
Goodness34:

I've had my fair of interviews in Nigeria and other countries I've worked. You might not believe it, but Nigerian interview screening is most merit-based out of the three countries (Nigeria, Gulf country and N American country). I know there are many graduates pursuing little opportunities out there, but rest assured you'll get something if you did everything you're supposed to do and don't let up. Ten years ago, I was in your position, my interview experience were long and drawn out and took nearly 6 months to land my first in-person interview after aptitude test. So it's actually a good thing you're getting interviews. The more rejections you get, the better you'll be at interviews, and if you take the learnings from each interview and implement in the next, you'll be employed soon.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by bamasite2: 1:15am On Apr 15, 2021
What gives you value as a person?

Answer that question for yourself and you'll be free!

PS:It is not as simple as it sounds

Goodness34:

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:17am On Apr 15, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
I no go kill myself

But frankly speaking ..I barely fail in an interview

It’s either the amount or condition that turns me off

You're either an egoist or super dumb. How does this answer or help the OP ? Self wanking prick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Goodness34: 1:18am On Apr 15, 2021
hollah123:
how do u expect him to raise capital bro?
perfect question sir
Re: How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? by Goodness34: 1:19am On Apr 15, 2021
topiiiiiiii:
seriously you're right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PZ Cussons Graduate & Non-Graduate Recruitment 2019 / Vacancies by Meerahbel 1.0 / KPMG Nigeria Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.