Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks (8162 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Northerners In NEPC Gang Up Against Segun Awolowo / See The Condition Of The 3 Battalion Nigerian Army Barracks In Effurun(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by yarodin: 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2011
namfav:

i'll punch the first ibo i come across if these reprisal attacks happen in onitsha, so far i haven't gotten any news

aboki catchi nama, go and kill, go and die. You and your people are cowards.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by MaziUche0(m): 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2011
fstranger is the biggest fool on Nairaland. He gloats about Igbos being killed in the North, but doesn't realize his people suffer as well. In Jos, they suffer the most. undecided
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by ayusman16(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2011
Let them slaughter like 500 mallos to send a signal to the north that people wont fold their arms and watch their people being killed in the north.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by beloveeed: 3:45pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ok so they now know that they can be touched abi?
in kaf too and surrounding villages, reprisals took place yesterday when the mallams attacked overnight.
so if the hit hit them hard that is the messgae they understand.

And point of correction not ALL pple in the north are HAUSA MUSLIM, even in katsina we have hausa christians, so if we are being attacked and retaliate, how much more the other tribes, will u seat down and alow aboki finish u?
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by johnjoel(m): 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2011
Eko ILE cool shocked sad just dey yan nonsense oge one ga enulu na nsogbu di na east,.mumu dull brain
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by adconline(m): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2011
Nothern PDP members were targeted in their towns and if you are Igbo and PDP,it does not change anything.Most of the big houses burnt belong to the Northern elite.

So these northern PDP members own churches and shops in the north?
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by ufumes(m): 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2011
Its purely a religious ^ ethnic violence, they felt that the Christians should not be in power. Why should we still continue this uncivilized game, Southerns in the north being killed and the retaliatory killings of the Northerners that resides in the south. All this should pls stop!
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2011
See all the tribalsitic comments on this thread.

Very small minded, bigotted and ignorant , yet most of you are quick to label Northern rioters illiterates angry

Check your behaviour people , demonstrate you are educated and enlightened.

@ topic
It is the responsible thing to protect all citizens in all parts of the country.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by bisiaet: 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2011
Why are they fleeing but I think the North forget that there 100 of thousands of North people all over SW, SE, SS

Here we are "when a foolish man think is the most wise person he ends up being more foolish and even silly

A man who has gone to battle or a fight and he is calling himself a strong man is a s i l l y man that is what tese people are.

Now they are afraid after MASSOB warned them and gave them 24 hours ultimatum to stop the violence in the North or retaliate I think the Hausa was thinking before that they have total Monopoly of Violence Oh so sorry for a foolish man pity them so much for lack of wisdom.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by donpeluchi(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2011
What do we want in this country. we cant live anywhere peacefully. What a shame
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by xavier3g(m): 4:17pm On Apr 20, 2011
Its such a big shame to see grown up south-easterns and south-westerns arguing about such. I have one question for the westerns, do U think it was only Igbos copers that were killed? The North has no preference over whom they kill, Igbo or Yoruba, its the same thing. Keep on deceiving yourselves till its time to carry Aks and M18s then we'll see who laughs last.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by bishopman: 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2011
the northerns are not born to rule. what heppened in the north got nothing to do with election disput is simply mean we can not be together.come to think of it north has nothing to offer nigeria,no mineral resources what they have is polio and bad mind.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by nagoma(m): 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2011
I can see that NL is fully utilized to fuel the embers of hatred and war cries are coming from all and sundry. I thought a southner who is obviously civilized being the president will use his mandate , ability and vast knowlegde and other resources to fish out the culprits and treat them according to the rule of law. This will of course include the death punishment and we welcome real punishment for the first time in our nation. However if repraisal and war is a better option then JEG will have to be ready to lead the south. His all Nigeria victory will be shortlived.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by phreakabit(m): 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2011
This guys are fools! Why carry out reprisal so sudden? Revenge is a desert best served COLD!!!! They should have waited for a time when no one expected it! You might see me as inhumane, but who cares?
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Cuteclem: 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
onlx one solutn divide this country since north wants to rule nigeria forever let every body rule themself illitrate northerners always engaging a aimles war mheew
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by FLORAC1(f): 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2011
Genbuhari,ohh jst shut up !!! D pasn wey dy tawk say make igbos fold der hands watch der brodas die,jst lyk dat,u dy craze.itz kalm here in enugu nd oda states,buh d real masscre wl sn begin, nd mnd u guys accrdn 2 gadaffi,ds country nid 2 be dividd!! Let dm rule der crazy self nd i knw dat dy wl stl fight dmselves.dafts
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2011
1. Divide
Easier than done. Along what lines and on what principles?

2. Reprisal attacks
Are you ready to go through a civil war?

Amalgamation : the process of combining or uniting multiple entities into one form.

Are we of one form yet? Do all Nigerians believe in the same principles? Do we have a national identity? What does it mean to be Nigerian?

Nairaland.com is an accurate reflection of Nigeria. WE BECOME ONE WHEN OUR NATIONAL TEAM PLAYS, ARE MANY IN OTHER ASPECTS OF LIFE.

Whom to blame? Not the followers, but the 'leaders',

The center holds because those who share the 'ego' have one aim: 'hOW MUCH BE My own?',

The people are expendable.

How much are the Southerners going to keep swallowing? We keep waiting and setting up committees to investigate riots, but how many committees have been able to profer and implement working solutions to these issues? Now every region has its criminal groups, The OPC, The Militants, The Kidnappers, The Almajiris,

If the majority no longer believe in one Nigeria, then the long overdue SNC has to be called. The people would have to be the ones to request for this by all peaceful means. What was once a little spark, has become a great fire, we can't keep trying to put it out but pouring water from cups,
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by THEAMAKA(f): 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2011
SO THOSE EHI PEOPLE FLED OVER THE ONITSHA BRIDGE INTO ASABA? LoOoOoOoOoOoL
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2011
ppl talking about war make me laugh, do you knw wat a war is?? it is easier said than done, we only know the beginning of war, but the ending, ahhhh no one knows, maybe be4 the end, 99% of sum tribe will have been wipe out, now who are  yhu fighting for??
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2011
nigeria is a case of an idol worshiper sharin the same room with a dedicated christian, the room will surely remain a battle field
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by MMM2(m): 5:40pm On Apr 20, 2011
Bastard una never begin run
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by chidyke77(m): 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2011
no one is after them afterall.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by dano123: 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2011
lets all pray for Nigeria. that is the only solution. these politicians are ineffective, divine intervention is sure the only best way out
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2011
chidyke77:

no one is after them afterall.
and no one will be!!!!!  but i pray that soon nemesis wld catch up with them in the north
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2011
dano123:

lets all pray for Nigeria. that is the only solution. these politicians are ineffective, divine intervention is sure the only best way out

We continue to pray while the northerners continue to southerners in large numbers.For how long do we continue to exist like this even when I still want the country intact ?
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Afam4eva(m): 6:35pm On Apr 20, 2011
Running from Onitsha(Igbo city) to another Igbo city(Asaba). Does that make any sense.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by THEAMAKA(f): 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2011
afam4eva:

Running from Onitsha(Igbo city) to another Igbo city(Asaba). Does that make any sense.
same thing i was thinking. Looooooooool, maybe most of them are illiterate, so what do you expect? grin cheesy
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Diligence: 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2011
The north needs real individual independence from an independent nation.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by lepasharon(f): 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2011
haha lool its payback time!! grin
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by mbatuku1: 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2011
afam4eva:

Asaba is a less volatile place than Onitsha.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Reggie2(m): 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2011
Post election massacre in Nigeria was for-shadowed by a foiled attempt by the north to push Jonathan out of office when Yar' adua died. The argument was that it is still the turn of a northern president to govern the country. Those who continue albeit pathologically to castigate the PDP have derailed completely. Has PDP done more damage in the north? Do we have running water and electricity in the south? What is the opinion of an average almajiri regarding Nigerian politics? How can one justify the wanton destruction of human life and property in the guise of fighting for your right? What efforts have these guys made to reach out to their southern counterparts since they are so keen on politics? When Ojukwu spoke of a national conference, it was another Ibo plot to divide the country. If things continue this way, the country will self divide. My advice to northern politicians is that the era of using the united Islamic north to ascend presidency of Nigeria is over. Candidates should sell themselves on merit. Period.
Re: Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks by Afam4eva(m): 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2011
mbatuku1:

Asaba is a less volatile place than Onitsha.

Anywhere can become volatile in a matter of seconds if provoked. I remember the last reprisal killings in Onitsha where the northerners were being chased towards Asaba from Onitsha and another set of Igbos were coming towards them from Asaba. You can guess what happened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timi Frank Urges AGF Malami To Resign Over Invasion Of Justice Odili’s House / CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot / Biafra Map Saga: Kate Henshaw Denies Opposing IPOB, Nnnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.