Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion (54613 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / The Glory Dome: New Dunamis 100,000 Seater Journey (Pictures) / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Image123(m): 6:06am On Apr 17, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah your god directed him to build a N160billion ediface that y'all will abandon when Jesus comes. Right. LoL!

How much is okay for a Christian to spend or invest? Someone who doesn't understand or believe God or spiritual things should not be quick to offer advice on them.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 6:59am On Apr 17, 2021
Image123:

How much is okay for a Christian to spend or invest? Someone who doesn't understand or believe God or spiritual things should not be quick to offer advice on them.

I dunno, you guys are the ones who believe Jesus said to not lay treasures on earth but in heaven so you tell me.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Image123(m): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
LordReed:

I dunno, you guys are the ones who believe Jesus said to not lay treasures on earth but in heaven so you tell me.

Like i said, you don't understand God or spiritual things. Building a church is not the translation of laying treasures on earth. Jesus Christ said His followers should be occupied till He comes, not idle. Waiting for the coming of Jesus Christ doesn't stop a believer from living a good, profitable, productive and achieving life. Some with your understanding refuse to marry, have children, go to school, work but God never sent them such message. What He says is to set our affections above, make eternity your priority.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2021
Image123:

Like i said, you don't understand God or spiritual things. Building a church is not the translation of laying treasures on earth. Jesus Christ said His followers should be occupied till He comes, not idle. Waiting for the coming of Jesus Christ doesn't stop a believer from living a good, profitable, productive and achieving life. Some with your understanding refuse to marry, have children, go to school, work but God never sent them such message. What He says is to set our affections above, make eternity your priority.

LoL! Ok o, tell the people like you who believe in Jesus that.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by chijokz(m): 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
Angelmichael63:
you know,gods of this earth have his ways of covering people's HEART with his veil so that he will keep them in DARKNESS forever

KEEP CALCULATING.....
What darkness are you talking about? I guess you didn't understand my assertions.
For the record - I'm NOT against Oyedepo or any other pastorpreneur expanding their empire and making more money. I'm a business man so I understand.
Hypothetically, If any of these mega churches should go public in any of the stock exchanges, I'll be the 1st to invest and buy up shares because it'll be a very lucrative investment with great returns.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Image123(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
LordReed:

LoL! Ok o, tell the people like you who believe in Jesus that.

They don't argue against building or expanding churches. undecided
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
Image123:

They don't argue against building or expanding churches. undecided

They'd oppose this particular one though. Even here on this thread your fellow believers have spoken against it.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Image123(m): 9:29am On Apr 18, 2021
LordReed:

They'd oppose this particular one though. Even here on this thread your fellow believers have spoken against it.

It's okay for people to have different opinions and preferences. Like this colour, model, size, style, budget etc. Nothing wrong with that. Where it becomes wrong is "spiritualizing" it or claiming Holy or godly over it, or twisting Bible over it.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 9:46am On Apr 18, 2021
Image123:

It's okay for people to have different opinions and preferences. Like this colour, model, size, style, budget etc. Nothing wrong with that. Where it becomes wrong is "spiritualizing" it or claiming Holy or godly over it, or twisting Bible over it.

Exactly. My suggestion had nothing to do with spirituality.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
hollah123:
so in essence u are saying Oyedepo n those politicians are d same?

u mean we should equate known thieves to someone who claim to b d representative of Christ?

how do u donate huge amount of money to building with hungry members?

have u heard d line "build d people n they build d city".....in my area I have many of his church members jobless n they are faithful believers,what about telling them to write a business proposal of 1 million then u sponsor them n they pay their tithe?

at d end of the day it will b a win win situation,a win for the members n a win for the church,

y can't they have Oyedepo financial upliftment programme where they will give out loans to their church members n those people pay back?

it's shameful that one of his jobless church members had a baby n people had to gather funds for them when their G.O is allocating billions for building.

what impact is this your G.O having in d life of that person except motivational words that is nothing without money?

in a Nigerian setting where the government have failed,the church have a very big role to play instead of these irrelevants.

The rule should b bless one n remind him to bless another financially n with that everyone will escape d poverty line

What I am trying to tell you is that no one. Let me repeat, no one own you anything.

The money you seeing was a product of his ingenuity. If you think I am lying, go open a church. And as such, where he puts it is his decision not yours.

Those whose employment are tied to the church building should loss it because your small brain believe you know better how to spend his money for him?

Abeg go take your drug.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Image123(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
LordReed:

Exactly. My suggestion had nothing to do with spirituality.

It has everything to. You linked it to going to Heaven and the coming of Jesus.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
Image123:

It has everything to. You linked it to going to Heaven and the coming of Jesus.

This was my suggestion:

LordReed:

160,000 people empowered with a million each would have way more impact than this project in my opinion.

Where in it do I mention Jesus or heaven?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Image123(m): 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
LordReed:

This was my suggestion:

Where in it do I mention Jesus or heaven?

Here and there

You talked about going to heaven and laying treasures in Heaven so therefore no need to build here on earth.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 5:45am On Apr 19, 2021
Image123:

Here and there

You talked about going to heaven and laying treasures in Heaven so therefore no need to build here on earth.

Those were not suggestions.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Image123(m): 11:40am On Apr 19, 2021
LordReed:

Those were not suggestions.

undecided undecided What are they?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2021
Image123:

undecided undecided What are they?

I was responding to various posts not making a suggestion. My first suggestion is the suggestion I am concerned with.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by picklighthouse: 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ever8090:
when the true followers of Christ came into Africa, they built schools, hospitals and other facilities for free...so you can see that what we have now as men of God are bunch of business men but I am.not suprise they are succeeding, what surprises me is how they manage to convince educated men and women to believe and contribute money for their business....read your Bible you will know the difference between men of God and those who are serving their belly....

Believe me I've read it and still do. And I can say we should be grateful to God we have the likes of these men in Nigeria at the moment, helping out with the deficit in our educational sector that our government can't meet.

Check the list of the private Universities in Nigeria and can't miss the obvious presence of Church owned institutions, all trying to put up world class standard facilities that our aged government institutions lack. Are they expensive? Well yes. But are they stiving for excellence in research and providing a propitious learning ambience for students? Yes!

Nigerians love good things and wants to have them. And infact believes they deserve them. But atimes we forget good things comes at a price. We have charlatans parading as real men of God. But we also have real men of God, people we should be proud of. Bishop Oyedepo is one of them. His criticism and stance may be hard atimes. But he truly loves Nigeria and wants to see her take her bride of place in the world.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
soulpeppersoup:

Please stop making noise. How many times have you asked the national assembly to share money for buying expensive bullet proof cars to Nigerians?

You only get your voice when money is attached to church.

How would Jesus had done what your small mind just conceived because I remember when Judas suggested such he told him, " you always have the poor with you".

Stop waiting for who will share 150 million naira. Federal government has shown that you can start with 10,000 naira.
Just replied your mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum / Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.