Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion (54589 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / The Glory Dome: New Dunamis 100,000 Seater Journey (Pictures) / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kazim88:

First, I am a core capitalist. I strongly believe welfare handout does not help the receiver, infact it is detrimental.

It is written in all spiritual book to work hard and earn a living and reinvest.

What we should be talking about is early childhood and primary education.

The elderly should be supported consistently, children educated, factory built and youth engaged.

But it's all our responsibility collectively, If Bishop Oyedepo choose to build University or 100,000 capacity church, perfect.. business around Ota would be celebrating by now because of the tourism it would attract.
Companies that would supply the steel, gravel, labour and other building and finishing materials are already made

I can choose to build a factory and employ 100 youths.

You can choose to build low cost school, wow.

Sadly, most people crying that they are spending 160 billion naira, let them have 100 million naira... They would squander it on cars and women untill till it turn zero.

Your I'd seems your not a Christian.

Sorry, I only discuss Kingdom issues with pure Christians only please
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Vulcanheph(m): 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2021
Lamzykay:

This is not what Jesus would have wanted ...you ere because you don't know the scriptures nor the power of God ...check the story of mary and her sister,who was,busy serving when Jesus came visiting....
I've read the Bible probably more than you and the annoying thing with us Africans is that when once religion is involved should our common sense flies out of the window.

First of all the story of Jesus, Lazarus, Mary and Martha happened a long time ago so there's no way we have authentic proof that it really ever happened ( that is if it ever happened)... So simple because it came from the Bible dies not rule out the possibility that the story could be false.
Secondly, Jesus was trying to tell Martha that even though she's doing something important as cooking, it was preventing her from learning the wisdom Jesus was teaching Mary.
Finally, Use your common sense, in a country where unemployment , poverty and hunger is high...is the opening of new churches the best way to help out remember that the Bible says " whatever you do for your fellow man, see it as if you're doing it to me", I know you'll say it's the job of the government not the church to cater for the citizens but if the government fails to do what's right , what's stopping the church from doing just that.... Before you say anything just remember that there is a church in virtually every nook and cranny in Nigeria, so building more churches isn't much of a nessesity to the country....
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

I've read the Bible probably more than you and the annoying thing with us Africans is that when once religion is involved should our common sense flies out of the window.

First of all the story of Jesus, Lazarus, Mary and Martha happened a long time ago so there's no way we have authentic proof that it really ever happened ( that is if it ever happened)... So simple because it came from the Bible dies not rule out the possibility that the story could be false.
Secondly, Jesus was trying to tell Martha that even though she's doing something important as cooking, it was preventing her from learning the wisdom Jesus was teaching Mary.
Finally, Use your common sense, in a country where unemployment , poverty and hunger is high...is the opening of new churches the best way to help out remember that the Bible says " whatever you do for your fellow man, see it as if you're doing it to me", I know you'll say it's the job of the government not the church to cater for the citizens but if the government fails to do what's right , what's stopping the church from doing just that.... Before you say anything just remember that there is a church in virtually every nook and cranny in Nigeria, so building more churches isn't much of a nessesity to the country....

Apt and brilliant

Now this is a true Saint by the letter and the spirit. Rightly dividing the word of truth.

Funny how people use circumstance of 2500 years ago to accurately judge the present
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by chijokz(m): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2021
ezlubo:

You are entitled to your bias, but at least try to be informed and reasonable. The man already runs more than 3 services every sunday with population far in excess of the capacity of the new building being put up. so this is hardly a case of expansion for increased revenue but more of convenience, ease of workload and maybe improved fellowship experience.
It is even more exciting that the project is being handled by local firms. A huge lot of that money still gets to rotate in our local economy, fueling productivity and human capital development. No one is stacking up humongous amounts of cash to erect an edifice!
I'm not biased but rather objective and well enlightened. I'm seeing it from a business standpoint. For the record - I'm NOT against Oyedepo or any other pastorpreneur expanding their empire and making more money. I'm a business man just like them.
But you do raise valid points though.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Kazim88: 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2021
salford1:

Greatest lie ever. Nigeria is one of the most religious country in the world. Irony is that it is also one of the most corrupt and wicked in the world.

We appear religious, we attend meetings upon meetings, mass upon mass but we do not believe in what we apparently bow to.

Most Christians don't even know Jesus they claim to worship. They can't tell you 7 Jesus quote know talk less of adhering to such quote. They have not taking to read him from their own Bible and try to follow his teaching.
Many Muslim fanatics have similar problem.

Deep inside many apparent religious people assume that religion is just self deceit, so when they see people taking it serious they smell foul.
They conclude it must be fraud but at over 65, what does someone like Oyedepo stand to gain in spending 160 billion in Ogun state Nigeria when people with just 10million are relocating to abroad in droves.
A man of normal sense should retire and eat his money or at most maintain status quo till he his old.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by chijokz(m): 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2021
Angelmichael63:
you know,gods of this earth have his ways of covering people's HEART with his veil so that he will keep them in DARKNESS forever

KEEP CALCULATING.....
What darkness are you talking about? I guess you didn't understand my assertions.
For the record - I'm NOT against Oyedepo or any other pastorpreneur expanding their empire and making more money. I'm a business man so I understand.
Hypothetically, If any of these mega churches should go public in any of the stock exchanges, I'll be the 1st to invest and buy up shares because it'll be a very lucrative investment with great returns.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by spyglaxx: 2:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
LordReed:

LoL! Who is saying anything about entitlement? Empowering people is way better than paying them a salary. And those contractors or suppliers will not pay their workers what a million naira empowerment will. I repeat 160,000 people empowered will surpass anything those contractors and suppliers will gain or distribute to their workers.

BTW 160,0000 is 10,000 more than the seating capacity of the current auditorium. Think about that.

Ok i understand your situation. You want the people to be given sewing machine and grinding machine that they will immediately sell and use the money to buy the next owanbe cloth.

Your politicians have the custody of the poor man's comonwealth and have been extremely busy empowering them.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by hollah123: 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2021
soulpeppersoup:

Please stop making noise. How many times have you asked the national assembly to share money for buying expensive bullet proof cars to Nigerians?

You only get your voice when money is attached to church.

How would Jesus had done what your small mind just conceived because I remember when Judas suggested such he told him, " you always have the poor with you".

Stop waiting for who will share 150 million naira. Federal government has shown that you can start with 10,000 naira.
so in essence u are saying Oyedepo n those politicians are d same?

u mean we should equate known thieves to someone who claim to b d representative of Christ?

how do u donate huge amount of money to building with hungry members?

have u heard d line "build d people n they build d city".....in my area I have many of his church members jobless n they are faithful believers,what about telling them to write a business proposal of 1 million then u sponsor them n they pay their tithe?

at d end of the day it will b a win win situation,a win for the members n a win for the church,

y can't they have Oyedepo financial upliftment programme where they will give out loans to their church members n those people pay back?

it's shameful that one of his jobless church members had a baby n people had to gather funds for them when their G.O is allocating billions for building.

what impact is this your G.O having in d life of that person except motivational words that is nothing without money?

in a Nigerian setting where the government have failed,the church have a very big role to play instead of these irrelevants.

The rule should b bless one n remind him to bless another financially n with that everyone will escape d poverty line

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by hollah123: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2021
spyglaxx:

If you give the hungry believers 1 billion they will use the money to create more problems that will eventually consume them. Some will drink themselves to stupor till they pop their kidneys. Some will even forget God patapata.
that's a big lie,tell them to write a business plan n guide them then give them loan.

Don't justify evil by saying people will waste d money,u yourself know the rate of unemployment n poverty in Nigeria,isn't it a shame if majority of d youths in your church are jobless n u are building churches worth billions.

Apart from the motivational words u tell them which they can get everywhere,what do they stand to gain as a member?

isn't it a shame that an unbeliever is paying d hospital bill of his church members?
isn't it a shame that it's an unbeliever that is feeding his church member n he's here spending billions on what will have no impact in his member's life.

if only u know they have made Christianity a laughing stock where Daddy G.O will b living like king's n members will b living in penury

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by honeybobo69: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2021
if the aim is to win more souls for Christ, I pray it's a success, but if the aim is for monetary gains, then I leave it to God to judge.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2021
spyglaxx:

Ok i understand your situation. You want the people to be given sewing machine and grinding machine that they will immediately sell and use the money to buy the next owanbe cloth.

Your politicians have the custody of the poor man's comonwealth and have been extremely busy empowering them.

What is a good idea is a good idea no matter who is executing it.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by papazizii(m): 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Abeg make I hear word, this is the line that there use to continuously enslave religious fanatics like you.....
Isn't there enough churches already in nigeria?
The simple truth is that He's building a church that will attract more members who will pay more tithes and bring in more money for him.
U have the energy to even counter ppl that thinks like this,one thing is sure about these type of ppl..its either they are brainwashed and lost forever or they are the ones brainwashing ppl in jesus Industry(churches) it must be one.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by God2man2again(m): 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
We should be optimistic about the Ark, it depends on the way we see it.

The Biblical principle is to give to the construction of the Ark and God will open a new door of blessings for his people.

I see the construction of the Ark as another way of God blessing his people.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by GosSolar: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2021
Some of you just like to criticise blindly, the project is to accommodate more members during their program, he said the old auditorium will serve as overflows for the new one. How has that become a crime to embark on a project for the purpose of church expansion, if you are asked to contribute just say no to that. Stop infringe on people's right, mind your business. Have you see the reason why people can not do good things in life because whenever they see one they always kick against it. Is it your money busy bofy
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Obakoolex(m): 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

MY POINT EXACTLY !!!!

You too go far self.
If he shared 160 billion naira with 160,000 people each person will have 1 million naira.... Even if he shared it with 1.6 million people everyone will still have 100 thousand naira which will still go a long way.
Will go a long way in what exactly??
Sidown dea no go make your own money na another person own make una dey share imaginary
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by sandra50(f): 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2021
Well for those they can brainwash..if I respect you it's because you are older than me not because you are a pastor
neyohh:

Well those same hungry idiots donated the money.

Who is more foolish, the con artist pastor or the dullards who go to church for quick blessings.

It's a case of a scammer scamming other scammers grin
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Lomprico2: 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2021
his followers will donate 70% of it
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Lomprico2: 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Its a Church being built, not a night club. What is the vanity in it when its to save souls.

with the evolution of satellite tv, internet streaming its vanity.
that amount could be put into reaching more souls worldwide.
well, his money, his business.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by christipikz: 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Its a Church being built, not a night club. What is the vanity in it when its to save souls.
don’t be naive my friend. We’ve had enough church in Nigeria
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Aarenaija: 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Na wah oh.... Can't he do something beneficial for the members instead of building this contraption.
150 billion can change the life of a lot of people in many ways or look around for one of the project that our wicked leaders have refused to do and do it.
Before you quote me remember that this is what Jesus would have wanted.

Well said. I look at ot.from the this angle. Let's assume it is the government that wants to embark on this project, what would have been the cost?

Yes we can think that it should be used to creat jobs however, some people would work there as well and at completion, some would also be employed for maintenance and other things. For me it is a win - win.
Suppliers would benefit, the communities would, the professionals, artisans and tradesmen would make a lot of money from the project also.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Emperor4tune(m): 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
CodeTemplar:

Shut it pls.
if u are pained kiss a hot iron i dont care
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by AllenSpencer: 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

Your I'd seems your not a Christian.

Sorry, I only discuss Kingdom issues with pure Christians only please

In 2021 grin grin grin

Tell me more about the Kingdom issues?

I am sure you believe Tom and Jerry are real life characters
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by maasoap(m): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
Oyedepo had recently said members of the church would not be tasked to contribute for the project.

But they will surely pay for it over a period of years to come
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by kayphyzee(m): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2021
This title is misleading and sensational. The Building will be owned by the Church and not Bishop Oyedepo.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by vRendoh(m): 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

How does a building saves soul?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Jacksparrow7(m): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
DUNKA:
Vanity upon vanity. All is vanity. Too bad
Man is vanity. Whether a man of high degree, even the man of low degree is vanity. Riches must surely increase but set not your heart on them.
So stop condemning a wonderful thing
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Jacksparrow7(m): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
DUNKA:
Man is vanity. Whether a man of high degree, even the man of low degree is vanity. Riches must surely increase but set not your heart on them.
So stop condemning a wonderful thing. It's in the scripture
DUNKA:
Man is vanity. Whether a man of high degree, even the man of low degree is vanity. Riches must surely increase but set not your heart on them... Read, it's in the Bible
So stop condemning a wonderful thing.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Bruno3000(m): 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Abeg make I hear word, this is the line that there use to continuously enslave religious fanatics like you.....
Isn't there enough churches already in nigeria?
The simple truth is that He's building a church that will attract more members who will pay more tithes and bring in more money for him.
... so that he can buy more private jets and build more schools that 99% of his church members can't afford to pay for their wards. Business must be good for oyedepo.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by paix(m): 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
Why not build factories to create jobs for our teeming youths?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Jacksparrow7(m): 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kudos. A great project
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Ifyz0001: 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2021
Imagine what this 160billion will do for empowerment for the youths in his church?

160billion will reduce the rate of unemployment in Nigeria a critical percentage, but our pastors keep going for buildings.

Poverty can lead people to doing bad things to earn a living sending them to hell, why don't they want to empower people instead they build iconic buildings.

If only these our spiritual leaders can see beyond building iconic buildings and solve the people's problem, Nigeria will be a better place in all ramifications.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Never Skip These Before You Marry As A Christian / Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.