Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? (21152 Views)

As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) / How To Handle Confrontations With A FRSC Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by xavuv: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
Brother, they will do you NOTHING, i repeat NOTHING!. I taught an idiot a painful lesson few years ago when he called me a boy, in the presence of my wife and kids.

At first the idiots ganged up, they will do shakara for me when i meet them on the road (like 'where is your touch light? Don't you know u need touch light at night in an emergency' grin ) i be laffin in my mind, but later on they calmed down, they be looking at me whenever i drive pass, i always notice them when i look at my center mirror. grin

Kelvin30286063:
A road safety officer just slapped me and I slapped him back. Now he is saying they will impound my car last last. He took the number Plate down.

I went to their office to submit a receipt for making payment on a booking. On getting there he came out to meet me and starting showing a lot of aggression. First he said I can't make the payment online, I need to go to the bank. I asked him what the bank use to make payments, he said remita, I said what is this receipt, he said remita receipt. I was like so what's the issue. He said he wants to see the teller.

When the argument continued, my father who was sitted in my car had to come down. He spoke to him calmly and asked what happened. He started insulting my dad. This is a guy that could actually be my younger brother. My father said consider my age, he said what's my business with your age.
I got angry and said you're stupid for that statement, before I know it, he slapped me. Then I gave me a few slaps.
All the officers in all other offices came out and it was obvious they are backing him. Things eventually died down and we were told to bring the receipt later. Apparently their boss at the office said the receipt is acceptable.

PLS what should I do could I would want to be targeted by them everywhere I go.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why will you slap a uniformed officer?

Even if he is younger than your last child, that uniform makes him your superior. I admire your balls and would have advised you to join a neighborhood wrestling group to improve on your slapping but from all indications you are a coward.

Why are you this jittery because you slapped a mere FRSC officer?
You've paid the fines, gotten a nod from the boss there and gotten your car back, yet you are bothered that they may come after you.

I know someone who drove off with an armed Mobile policeman who got into his front seat to extort him. Guess what, the mopol ended up begging and he still drives freely till this day.

If you want to be so sure you won't encounter them again, ditch your car and switch to public transportation.
Lastly, never slap anyone if you know you'd be bothered over the aftermath of that slap.

Please I need to know, does the officer reserve the right to slap or insult the man because he is in uniform?
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by DarkCaesar(m): 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Even if he is younger than your last child, that uniform makes him your superior. I admire your balls and would have advised you to join a neighborhood wrestling group to improve on your slapping but from all indications you are a coward.

You've paid the fines, gotten a nod from the boss there and gotten your car back, yet you are bothered that they may come after you.

I know someone who drove off with an armed Mobile policeman who got into his front seat to extort him. Guess what, the mopol ended up begging and he still drives freely till this day.

If you want to be so sure you won't encounter them again, ditch your car and switch to public transportation.
Lastly, never slap anyone if you know you'd be bothered over the aftermath of that slap.
I’d say he did well by resetting his brain with those slaps, wtf would you disrespect my father in my very front and to cap it all you slapped me. Well if I were in his shoe his uniform would be his only grace not to get hospitalized cos I’ll brutally teach him the greatest lesson of his life. He needs more balls cos FRSC is more like OYES of aregbe to me

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by jaxxy(m): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
Government officials are not even civilized or professional except maybe their bosses. Complete rubbish
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by litaninja(m): 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
Superior because what exactly??

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by bnovative(m): 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
One of the most unreasonable set of people is frsc officials.
In 2017, my director, a level 17 officer and I were heading to the office when we encountered frsc officials who were operating a mobile court. Now the director is one whose car documents are always complete and up to date. So we had no reason to worry meeting them.
Two cars in front of us were flagged down and we had to wait on the cue. Two officers went attending to those cars and we were about to move when an officer from no where jumped to the front of our car and asked that we parked.
My director obeyed and the officer came straight to the passenger's side where I sat and commanded that I move behind.
I asked the reason and he said he is charging us for obstruction of way.
I told him to sit behind if I must join us but he insisted and tried to use force since I refused to stand up.
My director came down from the car and was trying to locate the leader to the team to sort things out, when the officer blocked him and demanded for car keys. This is an elderly man whose rank is equivalent to no1 corpe Marshall. The boy went physical, trying to forcefully collect car keys from this man. I stepped in and took the car keys. While they come at me, the director started recording the incident with his phone.
These officers realising they were being recorded, descended on the old man, wrestling the phone from the man's hand.
They later called in SARS who picked us up and charge us for instigating a mob action against officers.
They later release the director on self recognition and impounded the car.
We sue frsc and when the most senior officer learned that they couldn't erased the video recording, showing their assault on us, he came begging through our lawyer.
It was shocking that our lawyer was the one telling us to resolve issues amicably, how the case could drag for longer than necessary, how the officer could lose his job etc.
At the end of two months, They released the car with an apology through and without taking a dime.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Ybaby: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Just want to say you did the right thing to have slapped him back. Have NO regrets!!

Kelvin30286063:
A road safety officer just slapped me and I slapped him back. Now he is saying they will impound my car last last. He took the number Plate down.

I went to their office to submit a receipt for making payment on a booking. On getting there he came out to meet me and starting showing a lot of aggression. First he said I can't make the payment online, I need to go to the bank. I asked him what the bank use to make payments, he said remita, I said what is this receipt, he said remita receipt. I was like so what's the issue. He said he wants to see the teller.

When the argument continued, my father who was sitted in my car had to come down. He spoke to him calmly and asked what happened. He started insulting my dad. This is a guy that could actually be my younger brother. My father said consider my age, he said what's my business with your age.
I got angry and said you're stupid for that statement, before I know it, he slapped me. Then I gave me a few slaps.
All the officers in all other offices came out and it was obvious they are backing him. Things eventually died down and we were told to bring the receipt later. Apparently their boss at the office said the receipt is acceptable.

Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by mkoabiola: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
Ordinary frsc with no rifle and u are jittery
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Opeyemiebun: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
alasan007:

Really checking car document is not part of their job but first thing they ask is car document n driver linces I’m surprise to hear you say that they will even book you if your widescreen is crack
I got a booking for a cracked widescreen.
These idiot said I had many offenses and I would pay 10k......
After all said, they said I should drop the 10k with the booking paper that they wwoukkd help pay.
Told them to sign on the copy that I glance paid to them, they refused and I took my money and paper from them....
It was later when I got home that I knew my offence was actually 2k.

One officer Jingi at Zuba bridge.... Told him I would be the one to break his leg next time I see him... This idiot booked me because the only offence was that my extra tyre is expired.
Even when his superior was telling him it was minor, he whispered something to his ears..

Now I don't even care to wait for them even if they flag me over.
If them born them well, let them stand in my front... Very annoying thieves

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Originalsly: 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

The issue has been resolved.

Well, after apologies here and there, I got my vehicle papers back and I'm back to my office.

The real issue has not been resolved. In matter like these.... in Naija... when you have connections... use it. Your issue has been resolved because you let them know you have connections. Tomorrow your father be the one stopped... or your wife... more slaps will be dished out. Do you really believe you are the first person he ever slapped?... or will be the last? DO NOT LET THIS MATTER REST. He already has a reputation..a difficult person .... try your best.. use your connections to get that guy fired. Your father is a witness... start by having him charged for assault.... your striking back will be self defence. The reason these guys do such is because they face no consequences. Go after him with everything you can... it will serve as a deterrent to others.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

You did good bro ride on

No mothafucker can impound your car so far you made the required payment already. To get some measure of assurance though you should write a petition to SERVICOM detailing the encounter and also incident the matter at the police station with jurisdiction over that particular FRSC office.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by shedy03(m): 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elsueno:
angry

FRSC are very very rude, one even had the audacity to ask for my car documents, I plainly told him, that is not part of his job, naso argument start, till thier boss told me to just go. Anytime I see FRSC for road I just get pissed off no matter how happy I am, arrogant time wasters!
Is it really not part of FRSC's job to check for vehicles papers?
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by GerogeI(m): 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Just change your number plate in another state.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by merits(m): 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Don't worry they can't target you,they don't have record cuz our data base is not working.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by greatbuc(m): 3:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
toh you should have all your documents intact.. don't tint.. police will arrest you. sometimes terrible things happen. your number plate will ring in their heads for a long time so keep your phone in your bag while driving. whenever you see the same officer.. smile.. its a sign of maturity. ADR is always best when dealing with people who can possibly mess up your day, everyday.. so keep your precious hands to yourself and go to court. I have a plan with my wife that I'll faint when been physically harassed.. she knows how to identify the money bag and plan good settlements. we even have a medical condition to help yaw the case towards our accounts.. its not cowardice or weakness.. I've just learn how to make money every way. hope I no talk too much
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by greatbuc(m): 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
shedy03:

Is it really not part of FRSC's job to check for vehicles papers?
maybe he meant import documents. they still check vehicle license

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by alasan007(m): 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Lol the last time they stopped me for expired tyre I just went to their car n check there tyres too all expire so I told if your car can have expire tyre n still working who am I all of them just de laugh but I have stopped my widescreen cracked tho so they didn’t notice it they r always more concern about extra tyre n fire extinguisher yeah if the road is clear I don’t always bothered to stop either cos u can’t win them
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by alasan007(m): 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
greatbuc:
maybe he meant import documents. they still check vehicle license

Yeah that’s what I thought but the duty is non of their business they r not custom might be unregistered car tho
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by alasan007(m): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
greatbuc:
toh you should have all your documents intact.. don't tint.. police will arrest you. sometimes terrible things happen. your number plate will ring in their heads for a long time so keep your phone in your bag while driving. whenever you see the same officer.. smile.. its a sign of maturity. ADR is always best when dealing with people who can possibly mess up your day, everyday.. so keep your precious hands to yourself and go to court. I have a plan with my wife that I'll faint when been physically harassed.. she knows how to identify the money bag and plan good settlements. we even have a medical condition to help yaw the case towards our accounts.. its not cowardice or weakness.. I've just learn how to make money every way. hope I no talk too much

Lol u n ur wife want to extort money from hungry Nigeria personal OYO yes you can tint your car once you have the tinted permit it’s just 10k but now police don’t de ask for doctor report as per say dere mouth is dry like sand of the desert �
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by alasan007(m): 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
Originalsly:

The real issue has not been resolved. In matter like these.... in Naija... when you have connections... use it. Your issue has been resolved because you let them know you have connections. Tomorrow your father be the one stopped... or your wife... more slaps will be dished out. Do you really believe you are the first person he ever slapped?... or will be the last? DO NOT LET THIS MATTER REST. He already has a reputation..a difficult person .... try your best.. use your connections to get that guy fired. Your father is a witness... start by having him charged for assault.... your striking back will be self defence. The reason these guys do such is because they face no consequences. Go after him with everything you can... it will serve as a deterrent to others.

Lol oga e no worth the stress na haba
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Kaypeeboss(m): 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

My advice, never allow tempers fly
Good evening fellow nairalanders,I have never had the cause to do something like this on Nl,but the urgency of the situation on ground has forced my will,please and please i need your support to procure medications and foot the hospital bills of a brilliant young girl I taught while I was serving in one of the northern states,the family can really not describe the ailment,but they have spent their all trying to save their daughter.it was when I visited my former PPA this week,that I discovered she has been seriously ill for a while now,she was one of my favorite students, then because she stood out as one of the best students in her class,please i just want us to donate the little we can as it ll go a long way to making her situation better,a total sum of 400k is needed,but whatever we can raise for her will go to her ,so at least something can be done at all,please let our little contributions ,help save her life,for some reasons and how gory the situation is ,I am not posting her pictures all donations should go to her account .Mohammed zainab 3176350308 first bank plc, Thanks and God bless you all
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Skullano(m): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
Does he have any prove that you were using your phone bro?.

Nah you give am the leg to dey misbehave in the first place.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by pimper24: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Almost my experience this very yesterday at the Lake Chad crescent Maitama. I don't know where yours happened. I do not know what's becoming of those guys lately. I'm a lawyer anyway, already pressing charges. I was not touched but I was wrongly booked and my car roughly towed spoiling the fender and the break components cos the leg break was matched down when I was pulled over.

What happened? They were obviously on road eforcement. VIO, Civil Defense, Police and FRSC. I was a bit bored cos it was a long wait due to the obstruction they caused in the ensuing commotion of arrest of motorists with policemen and women brandishing their rifles in menacing ways.
I changed the car stereo from FM to one of my favorite songs and sang along. The FRSC guy obviously overzealous for reasons I could not immediately fathom, made straight to my car looking very livid. He just stood in front of my car while the police sorounded me. I was a bit scared and demanded for my offence. I was just hearing park park park. I simply pulled off the road and before you say jack straw, my car is already hanging at the back of a crane.
They just said I should go to the VIO office at Mabushi and pay.
I paid and got back the car same day. They superior officer there said they car would not have been towed if I was not bragging that I was a lawyer.
My goodness. I tell you it is a zoo that soneone called it.
I then decided that I will now show truly that I am a lawyer since they vigorously demanded it.
I have demanded a refund of the wrongly billed penalty, the cost of repairs of my damaged car and damages of 10m.
I am warming up for court if they fail to comply within stipulated time
I am a lawyer but let me ask this question here again. I have gone through the traffic laws and the regulations pursuant to the FRSC Act. Are motorists forbidden from using phone while stationary and not moving waiting for the traffic light to turn green. this is relating to a separate incident involving other Nigerians cos in my case, I dis not even touch my phone, but assuming I did while waiting for the light to turn green, is it a traffic offence?
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
pimper24:

Almost my experience this very yesterday at the Lake Chad crescent Maitama. I don't know where yours happened. I do not know what's becoming of those guys lately. I'm a lawyer anyway, already pressing charges. I was not touched but I was wrongly booked and my car roughly towed spoiling the fender and the break components cos the leg break was matched down when I was pulled over.

What happened? They were obviously on road eforcement. VIO, Civil Defense, Police and FRSC. I was a bit bored cos it was a long wait due to the obstruction they caused in the ensuing commotion of arrest of motorists with policemen and women brandishing their rifles in menacing ways.
I changed the car stereo from FM to one of my favorite songs and sang along. The FRSC guy obviously overzealous for reasons I could not immediately fathom, made straight to my car looking very livid. He just stood in front of my car while the police sorounded me. I was a bit scared and demanded for my offence. I was just hearing park park park. I simply pulled off the road and before you say jack straw, my car is already hanging at the back of a crane.
They just said I should go to the VIO office at Mabushi and pay.
I paid and got back the car same day. They superior officer there said they car would not have been towed if I was not bragging that I was a lawyer.
My goodness. I tell you it is a zoo that soneone called it.
I then decided that I will now show truly that I am a lawyer since they vigorously demanded it.
I have demanded a refund of the wrongly billed penalty, the cost of repairs of my damaged car and damages of 10m.
I am warming up for court if they fail to comply within stipulated time
I am a lawyer but let me ask this question here again. I have gone through the traffic laws and the regulations pursuant to the FRSC Act. Are motorists forbidden from using phone while stationary and not moving waiting for the traffic light to turn green. this is relating to a separate incident involving other Nigerians cos in my case, I dis not even touch my phone, but assuming I did while waiting for the light to turn green, is it a traffic offence?
I can't believe it too. I was a little confused cuz we were inside a very heavy traffic and they were the ones that caused the traffic. I was not even on my phone like making call or anything. I simply checked my phone and saw that I had a whatsapp message so I dragged it down to check. Next thing I hear oga park to one side. I was like since when is it wrong to use phone when the vehicle is not moving. And what is the difference between what I did and me parking beside the road and receive a call. As you know, they started shouting. That very day I wasn't in the mood cuz I was already tired from work so I just said oga book me and let me go home in peace!
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
alasan007:

Lol u n ur wife want to extort money from hungry Nigeria personal OYO yes you can tint your car once you have the tinted permit it’s just 10k but now police don’t de ask for doctor report as per say dere mouth is dry like sand of the desert �
They actually asked me for that doctor's report for tinted permit before. We dragged back and forth then I settled them. As soon as I left, I called a friend at General hospital and asked him to prepare one for me sharperly. Just 2k, now they can't say jerk anymore.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Richthekid: 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
Why
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Elsueno: 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
katchycouture:

Please where can I quote this from because the next time they stop me to ask for car documents I will boldly stand and tell them it is not their job, but I need to quote it from somewhere for them to know that I know what I am saying.. nonsense people tried to enter my car, I just jumped out from the driver's seat, opened the back door, carried my baby while shouting thief thief thief, people gathered last last and they almost beat up the man for harrasing a nursing mother.
shedy03

I attended one workshop like that where this was explained, only the police can request for vehicle documents & license, VIO can only request for Vehicle documents as they are the ones who issue it & check validity, while FRSC is drivers license.

Always wear ur seat belt & obey all traffic laws , especially when they are around the corner. when stopped for an offense, let them tell u what & then book you.

Sometimes when thier time wasting juju is around, they would even ask for first aid kits grin
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by LyfeJennings(m): 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
So what exactly do U want to do?
Do U want to settle it the violent way, I mean REVENGE OR U WANT SOMETHING WAY MORE VIOLENT THAN A SLAP?
I can help U either ways so long U can swear that he messed U first
Let's have a chat out of here
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Last week I was in a standstill traffic and the frsc officers were moving round in the traffic, I decided to check my whatsapp. One of the officers saw me and booked me for using my phone while driving. Immediately he saw me, I apologized and accepted the booking
just pay and pretend nothing happened, get everything you require by law in your car, if they confront you again! Double the slap for them yet again, Nothing will still happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy / "C" Caution Sign A Must In Every Vehicle - FRSC / Letters On Windscreen Of Auction Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.