Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? (21168 Views)

As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) / How To Handle Confrontations With A FRSC Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by GodisFirst: 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
Op, you did well. I will do the same. I rather forgo the car than taking the insult on my father lightly even in my presence.
I tell you, don't worry about the plate number they collected, just ensure your car papers are all ok. Some will be afraid of you from now hence forth knowing that you are a no nonsense person.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by frozen70(f): 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
A road safety officer just slapped me and I slapped him back. Now he is saying they will impound my car last last. He took the number Plate down.

I went to their office to submit a receipt for making payment on a booking. On getting there he came out to meet me and starting showing a lot of aggression. First he said I can't make the payment online, I need to go to the bank. I asked him what the bank use to make payments, he said remita, I said what is this receipt, he said remita receipt. I was like so what's the issue. He said he wants to see the teller.

When the argument continued, my father who was sitted in my car had to come down. He spoke to him calmly and asked what happened. He started insulting my dad. This is a guy that could actually be my younger brother. My father said consider my age, he said what's my business with your age.
I got angry and said you're stupid for that statement, before I know it, he slapped me. Then I gave me a few slaps.
All the officers in all other offices came out and it was obvious they are backing him. Things eventually died down and we were told to bring the receipt later. Apparently their boss at the office said the receipt is acceptable.

PLS what should I do could I would want to be targeted by them everywhere I go.

For the fact that he slapped you first he has committed an offence

Just obey all traffic rules and make sure your papers are OK

Alternatively, pack your vehicle for one month so that if they don't get to see or sight you they will give up
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by shedy03(m): 7:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elsueno:

shedy03

I attended one workshop like that where this was explained, only the police can request for vehicle documents & license, VIO can only request for Vehicle documents as they are the ones who issue it & check validity, while FRSC is drivers license.

Always wear ur seat belt & obey all traffic laws , especially when they are around the corner. when stopped for an offense, let them tell u what & then book you.

Sometimes when thier time wasting juju is around, they would even ask for first aid kits grin
Thanks.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by McLizbae: 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kingsdave:

Thank God it was resolved... Please sir try and tint your car... It will save you unnecessary stress and issues .... Had a similar issue last year.... Had to tint my car afterwards ....

Tint ke!? What about whining up and down for police on the road (or maybe you don't drive tru such police ridden paths frequently).
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by alasan007(m): 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

They actually asked me for that doctor's report for tinted permit before. We dragged back and forth then I settled them. As soon as I left, I called a friend at General hospital and asked him to prepare one for me sharperly. Just 2k, now they can't say jerk anymore.

Lol lucky you imagine you don’t have a dr friend na so you go de settle o so I always advice ppl who intend to tint dere car to include it too
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Henri8: 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
Go back and beat him up.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by xtivin(m): 1:07am On Apr 18, 2021
thelinguist:
This happens when we don't think before acting, what happens to turning your other cheek when slapped? Just make sure you don't commit another offense, because na that time your matter go pass water
you dont know what you are saying. Insult ia allowed but assault is bad. The officer should loose his job but op is nice.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Ukeme8: 6:03am On Apr 18, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why will you slap a uniformed officer?

Even if he is younger than your last child, that uniform makes him your superior. I admire your balls and would have advised you to join a neighborhood wrestling group to improve on your slapping but from all indications you are a coward.

Why are you this jittery because you slapped a mere FRSC officer?
You've paid the fines, gotten a nod from the boss there and gotten your car back, yet you are bothered that they may come after you.

I know someone who drove off with an armed Mobile policeman who got into his front seat to extort him. Guess what, the mopol ended up begging and he still drives freely till this day.

If you want to be so sure you won't encounter them again, ditch your car and switch to public transportation.
Lastly, never slap anyone if you know you'd be bothered over the aftermath of that slap.

You are a coward. Common sense is not common with you. Because he is on uniform, he should behalf any how with people. I just hope one day you will face what he faced with you see how it feels. Coward.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Jubrilv(m): 7:24am On Apr 18, 2021
If his boss ask you to go doesn't mean checking of vehicle document is not part of his job since you can be booked for vehicle license violation is part of there job bro

FRSC are very very rude, one even had the audacity to ask for my car documents, I plainly told him, that is not part of his job, naso argument start, till thier boss told me to just go. Anytime I see FRSC for road I just get pissed off no matter how happy I am, arrogant time wasters![/quote]
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by Adesolomon2014(m): 8:32am On Apr 18, 2021
GIDIBANKZ:

Boss, make dem help me with job plss...I can fit in anywhere

Can u slap? Your role is to slap uniformed men especially FRSC men dem....apply within
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by skedy1(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2021
As reactive as I am, if you raise your hand on me first...na death body you be bros!
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by TPound(m): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
seedgreen:
*Public Notice: Lagos State Residents.*

If you have ever suffered extortion at the hands of LASTMA officials, here is a public survey form for you to fill: Kindly do so here: http:///LASTMAPublicSurveyForm

Survey ends on April 30th, 2021. Please share to all Lagos State Residents that are frequent road users (drivers). Cheers!

Your thoughts and opinion is needed to bring about a desired change the citizens have clamoured for.

LASTMA should be the one posting this message,not you
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by seedgreen(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
TPound:

LASTMA should be the one posting this message,not you
and why should it be lawma.

How on earth do you expect them to post such ? One of the most corrupt agencies in Nigeria.
Re: What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? by TPound(m): 9:15am On Apr 20, 2021
seedgreen:
and why should it be lawma.

How on earth do you expect them to post such ? One of the most corrupt agencies in Nigeria.

Leave trash for Lawma and leave petition for LASTMA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Top 10 Auto Mechanic Workshop In Lagos / Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy / Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.