Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,129 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Bonny Island/ Ndoki - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonny Island/ Ndoki (13373 Views)

Labour Party Holds Inaugural Meeting In Bonny Island (Photos) / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery / FEC Approves N1.7bn For Construction Of Jetty At Bonny Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by afonjaheadhunts: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
Parachoko:
I never knew I was exchanging words with an !diot. You can tell your foolish trash to your dumb friends not on Nairaland.
You will be fully ignored now by me boy.

Daft boy that does not know Adaka Boro fought against the Nigerian state. grin

grin grin grin

Cry baby, stick to romance section if you cant stand the heat grin ask grandma for the full gist, I don't have time to school you, I bet you don't even know grandma is Igbo. cheesy
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by caleboxylic: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
PHijo:

We own Imo and we own parts of Abia and Anambra.

No court ruled that Igbos own Bonny or Opobo. You Igbos are a bunch despicable liars that more truth is found in the mouth of devil or Lai Mohammed than the average Igbo.

You are the only ethnic group Nigeria sandwiched between other ethnic groups in Nigeria. The closest to you are Fulani, in their case they tried to integrate in Yoruba and Hausa society. In your case you greedy being are trying to steal the identity of those who accommodated you.

The one they deported you from Lagos or attacked in the North will be a tip of the iceberg when the Ijaw nation starts.

The one Akwa Ibom and Cross river did to you is child's play.

Don't worry, the hour is fast approaching. We will be so ruthless and unforgiving towards you people. Ijaw people ba, the hour dey approach small small. You all we be returned to the creek. We won't forget.
God bless Alaigbo.

3 Likes

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by afonjaheadhunts: 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
PHijo:

That you keep on mentioning Igodomigodo just shows you know next to nothing when it comes to the Nri people, the Ijaw or Benin.

I think some years the Enugu people were not Igbo enough! Why the sudden change in opinion? It is because you think integrating them will further strengthen IPOB's claims on territories in the Middle belt.

Those your shrine dem never born dem! How can mere mortals sacrifice a god? It is not possible!

You deserve a Noble peace prize for your stupidity and a National award for being the Dumbest Ijaw man alive if only you had any idea how foolish you sound with every post, you would have taken my advice long ago and stick to weaving nets now it is clear for all to see that Baba no get sense.

Lemme sha help you small the Enugu-Ukwu he was referring too is a community in Anambra state boy you are dumb and you have no one to tell you, is it that you are stupid, dumb and arrogant all pack in one or you have been left to wallow in this stupidity induced madness because you are to arrogant to let your stupidity take a nap when told.

7 Likes

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2021
caleboxylic:

Don't worry, the hour is fast approaching. We will be so ruthless and unforgiving towards you people. Ijaw people ba, the hour dey approach small small. You all we be returned to the creek. We won't forget.
God bless Alaigbo.

You already did it in the 50s and 60s. While Northerners were killing you from the 40s till the early 2000s before you finally had sense to leave their place.

We pitied you and allowed you to run from their place to ours. God helping us we will turn you to piriangala.

Useless ingrates!

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

Igbo's fought world war 3, 3 solid years of fighting all the known world powers Britain, France, Russia etc, Egypt, Morrocco, Saudi Arabia etc and terrorist nations like Niger, Chad, Cameroon just to name a few, all on the Nigerian side. The war is declared the most sophisticated war in Africa till date, and Igbo's never lost the war because the war ended on the premise of No victor, No vanquish, how do you win a fight and still call it a draw grin

If Nigeria won the war why tag it no Victor no Vanquish, heck even the Uli Airport was never captured. So those of you waiting for a Global world war 3 it has been fought on Biafra soil and ended in a no Victor no Vanquish stalement if not the war would have raged on till this day because Igbos would accept nothing less, that is why the Nigerian government settled for a draw. We did not even notice that fishermen participated in the war? grin However Ojukwu Over ran fishermen tribe in 10days Ask Adaka or Barcanista grin

Forget Opobo guy that one is a lost case Supreme court said it is an Igbo man's personal estate grin

The Bravest Ijaw man Asari is an Igbo man so what's your point, he has said this countless times and this is the person you depend on for your history? You see why we are your god's ask timaya, ask Goodluck, we even rule immigrants Ijaws in Rivers and Delta tongue boy you have no Idea how Igbo's determine the fate of Ijaws if I were you I would ditch that smart phone and stick to weaving fishing nets leave politics section for Barcanista with small sense.

This your Akwa cross gist please can you provide a link, I see Akwa cross as brothers so your petty lies will not sway me, provide your usual wiki links for that cause I know the Obong of Calabar recently refuted a lie made by Ijaw fishermen.

France and many countries you listed as supporters of Nigeria supported Biafra.

The war wouldn't have lasted for 3 years if the fishermen were not neutral initially. You Igbo drew the Ijaw into conflict and you got what you deserved.

Since you like quoting Asari-Dokubo why don't you quote where he said Igbo are Ijaw people's slaves and will always remain Ijaw slaves?

He also said Biafra is Ijaw so the Ijaws have to take the name back with its territories and the attendant Igbo slaves.

People who dropped their 'chi' to adopt several Ijaw men as their gods can only rant. Your fathers that have worshipping my ancestors for centuries. Even you guys can't help it, look at how you worship Asari . Trying re-label him in a bid to justify your obsession.

When Asari was arrested our movement was stronger than ever before. We don't lack strong women or men in Ijawland. Even babes are not left out, we are born soldiers.

Just like Ojukwu, Nnamdi Kanu ran away. Cowardice is a trait you Igbos share in common.

Opobo have never been and will never be the the private property of an Igbo man. No Igbo is connected with history of Opobo. Several Ijaw chiefs left Bonny to establish Opobo. Just as Igbo slaves do own America, Ecuador or Colombia, you do not own anywhere in Ijawland.

In the history of Southern Nigeria no group was sold as much as the Igbos were.

You remain an irrelevant, ungrateful group of savages.

There is nothing to ask Timaya and Goodluck Jonathan. Maybe you should ask Empress why she wanted to kill herself because of Timaya.

Ask Stella Oduah, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Bart Nnaji how it felt saying " your excellency sir", " Mr President sir".

In Delta and Rivers we don't have immigrant Ijaws. You Igbos from the 5 landlocked states should think of how deal with the gully erosion, baby factories, kidnappers and herders in your place.

Igbos have never ruled Ijaws, will never rule Ijaws and can never rule Ijaws.

Stop poking your big nose into issues that do not concern you.

5 Likes

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

Do you remember King Jaja of Opobo? Are you familiar with that name? Yes he was the one that founded Opobo he went with Ijaw Servants and slaves to the newly found island with some Annang and Ibibio chiefs, well Opobo is not in dispute as Igboland even on Nigerian linguistics map it is labelled as Igbo it has never been disputed, even the supreme court did not need to have 3 court sitting to declare it an Igbo man's personal estate.

Now for Bonny it's the same story Ijaws who were slaves to the Portuguese met the eboes as the Europeans and Portuguese would like to refer to them when the Europeans left the left behind their Ijaw slaves who in turn continued to serve as servants to Igbo's and after years of faithfully serving as slaves they would seek freedom and marry an Igbo woman to affirm the newly attained Freeborn status. You can ask Barcanista to shed more light on this. grin

Edited wiki link pages is not Ijaw history educate yourself or ask your Igbo grand mother for your true history. grin

Yes I remember king Jaja of Opobo, the 1st Amayanabo of Opobo.
Igbo are around world for being a slave ethnic group. Your attempts to rewrite history just makes you stupid.

The only Igbo man that was known beyond the shores of Igboland 400 years ago was a freed slave.

For Ijaw man to marry an Igbo woman is a downgrade. For Ijaw woman to marry an Igbo man was an abomination.

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
caleboxylic:

God bless Alaigbo.
we all know igbo dont have what takes to war against mighty Ijaw... even ibo combine with their fulani masters cant wage war against super power nation like Ijaw..

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by afonjaheadhunts: 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
PHijo:

Igbo are around world for being a slave ethnic group. Your attempts to rewrite history just makes you stupid.

The only Igbo man that was known beyond the shores of Igboland 400 years ago was a freed slave.

For Ijaw man to marry an Igbo woman is a downgrade. For Ijaw woman to marry an Igbo man was an abomination.

You mean Oluadah Equiano? the first black famous writer of international repute, who was also at the forefront of Slave liberation, I bet you did not know all of this, now call any Ijaw of repute or relevance within that period locally or internationally, do not even bother calling any Igbo man like King Jaja or Oko Jumbo, Asari an Igbo man who now doubles as an Ijaw god was born yesterday so don't even call him too.

Downgrade ko, upliftment ni. Have you spoken to your grandmother today ask her to tell you a story. Better still ask her if she is Igbo. You have Igbo genes my brother you have been liberated, your grandfather served well to buy you this freedom you enjoy today hence you have that Igbo grandma today to prove that you have been liberated, but don't abuse it so that it is not shortlived or Do you want to go back to living on Gun boats on the high sea my fisherman friend.

Be wise don't destroy what your father's laboured for. May the slavery of your ancestors not be in vain.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
Nigercity:

I knew, you have comprehension problem
I never knew it has gotten to this extent,

Lolz do you even know my family
Do you even know who is who in Oru
Or you just believe anything your ogogooro drinking old men tells you,
Guy abeg severe!
Just like I said
I love the praise you are showering on us,
We are great people, not just found in all part of Africa
But every part of the world,

We are also the pride of igboland
Most of our sons are big names in the pharmaceutical industries
ibos are all over everywhere was a handwork of Ijaws.. Ijaws sold ibos as a slaves to the europeans.. but the sold in turn favour the ibos..
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

Jaja from Bonny your brain dey pain you, your level of desperation dey learn no wahala Jaja na Bonny Igbo kapish grin
Jaja is an Ijaw man.. king Jaja has no connection with igbo..
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
u just type trashes.. same Adaka in turn chase ojukwu igbo most brave warrior to ivory coast. and slaughter igbos like chickens... coward tribe. are you even not ashamed?? a tribe full of weak and coward people.. imagine igbo from 5 tiny landlocked states coming to rivers state to drag land with Izon..
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
Parachoko:
I'm not understanding you bro. Is it the Nigerian army that fought against Adaka Boro or the Biafran army?
the two armies fought Boro..
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
you good at talking trashes.. king Jaja is an Ijaw son..
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Parachoko: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
the two armies fought Boro..
Only the Nigerian army did so. The Eastern region was still part of Nigeria back then.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
Parachoko:
I never knew I was exchanging words with an !diot. You can tell your foolish trash to your dumb friends not on Nairaland.
You will be fully ignored now by me boy.

Daft boy that does not know Adaka Boro fought against the Nigerian state. grin
brother he is an highly dumb person.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
Parachoko:
Only the Nigerian army did so. The Eastern region was still part of Nigeria back then.
brotherly.. u correct..
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Parachoko: 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
brother he is an highly dumb person.
Very dumb! I've stop reading his senseless reply.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
Parachoko:
Very dumb! I've stop reading his senseless reply.
he talk out anything that just come into his brain.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Ekealterego: 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
he talk out anything that just come into his brain.
Dey here dey find land to grab... Look at your Bayelsa village is on front page.

So, Bayelsa is suppose to be your homeland but look out how painfully backward even the most developed town, (the state capital) is.
Shame on you... Don't go and concentrate on how to move your polluted advanced village forward.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by afonjaheadhunts: 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2021
PHijo:

France and many countries you listed as supporters of Nigeria supported Biafra.

The war wouldn't have lasted for 3 years if the fishermen were not neutral initially. You Igbo drew the Ijaw into conflict and you got what you deserved.

Since you like quoting Asari-Dokubo why don't you quote where he said Igbo are Ijaw people's slaves and will always remain Ijaw slaves?

He also said Biafra is Ijaw so the Ijaws have to take the name back with its territories and the attendant Igbo slaves.

People who dropped their 'chi' to adopt several Ijaw men as their gods can only rant. Your fathers that have worshipping my ancestors for centuries. Even you guys can't help it, look at how you worship Asari . Trying re-label him in a bid to justify your obsession.

When Asari was arrested our movement was stronger than ever before. We don't lack strong women or men in Ijawland. Even babes are not left out, we are born soldiers.

Just like Ojukwu, Nnamdi Kanu ran away. Cowardice is a trait you Igbos share in common.

Opobo have never been and will never be the the private property of an Igbo man. No Igbo is connected with history of Opobo. Several Ijaw chiefs left Bonny to establish Opobo. Just as Igbo slaves do own America, Ecuador or Colombia, you do not own anywhere in Ijawland.

In the history of Southern Nigeria no group was sold as much as the Igbos were.

You remain an irrelevant, ungrateful group of savages.

There is nothing to ask Timaya and Goodluck Jonathan. Maybe you should ask Empress why she wanted to kill herself because of Timaya.

Ask Stella Oduah, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Bart Nnaji how it felt saying " your excellency sir", " Mr President sir".

In Delta and Rivers we don't have immigrant Ijaws. You Igbos from the 5 landlocked states should think of how deal with the gully erosion, baby factories, kidnappers and herders in your place.

Igbos have never ruled Ijaws, will never rule Ijaws and can never rule Ijaws.

Stop poking your big nose into issues that do not concern you.

A tribe of fishermen and net weaver would not know anything about modern warfare so shut up, I repeat fishermen tribe were overrun in less than 10 days by Ojukwu and you dare speak of who was on what side, how would you know when you were trying to stable your fishing boat on the high sea. cheesy

Asari was only licking his wounds of a generational banishment from Igboland, Igbo's don't hesitate to banish efulefus and that is the man Ijaws now worship as god and Ijaw modern day historian.

Who dropped their "Chi" for trash? an average Igbo man does not even know what Ijaw calls God in their local parlance I bet Wike does not know either, but your Jonathan prays using Chukwu, Timaya sings using same so what are you talking about.

What Ijaw movement exactly do you speak off? Biafra? Niger Delta, Mid-west or Izon nation, confused lots better stick to your 8LGA in Bayelsa you have been rejected by all hence the reason you fishermen keep fluctuating like unstable power supply in the quest for a independent nation.

Do you know what it means to run away Ojukwu was given a National Burial, Adaka (Gorilla) was shot in the head he died a coward and a shameful looser. You think your militants did not run? Militants who shamelessly settled to be the watching over pipelines, Tueh.

What better way to define cowardice and running when the owner of the house sits at the security post while others enjoy the luxury of his struggle. I don't understand is it just you or Ijaws in general don't have sense. Guy you dense sha. Oh so you think Kanu or Ojukwu ran away no bro your brain did the running.

Thesame empress that was there to oversee the whopping of Timaya by Igbo boys, gangsta chick even Igbo babes run Ijaw boys ask Timaya, Lol. Immigrant Ijaws should warm up for another Igbo speaking governor in River state. Igbo's don't have time for negotiation with immigrants, turn militants, turn watchmen cheesy If you want to be governor go to Bayelsa where nothing happens and manage 8LGA.

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ekealterego:

Dey here dey find land to grab... Look at your Bayelsa village is on front page.

So, Bayelsa is suppose to be your homeland but look out how painfully backward even the most developed town, (the state capital) is.
Shame on you... Don't go and concentrate on how to move your polluted advanced village forward.
i have said it that aba, the ibo finest city cant be compared to yenagoa..
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by afonjaheadhunts: 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
Jaja is an Ijaw man.. king Jaja has no connection with igbo..

Your brain is fried, get a smart phone download Google and use it, tueh
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

Your brain is fried, get a smart phone download Google and use it, tueh
google wetin
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Idiko1: 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
ChinenyeN:

I don’t know who the OP (original poster) is, so I won’t offer up any opinions on them per se. But it’s possible you mean OP as in “original post” (the post itself). In that case, I can say a few things about it.

To begin with, I can’t say I disagree with the writer’s premise. Anyone who casually examines the ethno-linguistic history and traditions of origin in the area will find it near impossible to claim beyond a doubt that Ndoki and Bonny don’t have ancestral, non-slave, Igbo-speaking origins. So that part is agreeable. It’s just that a lot of what the writer says to support the premise in this write up is questionable.

Truthfully, I think the original post is rather “Ijaw-phobic”, if I can use that term. The writing is so heavily anti-Ijaw that it ends up discrediting itself at times. If you dig even a little, the write up shows a lot of inconsistencies and even some outright wrong things.

If this is limited to the Umueze clan, then I can understand where the writer may be coming from. One of the oral traditions in Umueze claims a long-winding history of migration from Benin or Central Delta, entering “Igboland” from the south and then cutting northeast towards Oguta, etc. However, Umueze has never claimed Oguta as its homeland. Even before this “Ijaw vs Igbo” saga started, the Umueze never mentioned Oguta as ancestral homeland. It’s always been either Benin or Central Delta Ijaw. The writer could possibly be making a supposition here that Ndoki (Umueze) are part of that set of Ndoni-Abo-Oguta communities near the Central Delta. It’s not a bad supposition. However it is not a claim that has ever been made by Ndoki people, not even in early intelligence reports.

Now, if the writer is not limiting this to Umueze and is instead referring to all of Ndoki, then this would simply be wrong. Ndoki is not from Oguta. Their traditions do not trace them to Oguta.

The writer got this wrong and ended up confusion themselves in the process. It is actually the ethnonym “Ogoni” (and not Ibani) that refers to a “guest” or a “stranger”, derived from the Ijaw word “igoni”.

This is not, actually. To begin with, Ogoni traditions actually acknowledge that they are not the aboriginal settlers in the area. Much of what is “Ogoniland” was acquired bloodily through conquest and the absorption of already existing communities. There are two main Ogoni traditions of origin. The tradition that has the most support claims that they migrated east to west, crossing the Imo (from present day Akwa Ibom) to settle in the area. The second tradition claims that their ancestors arrived on trading ships that would visit Bonny. They lived in Bonny for a while and later felt the need to move further inland to settle (Bonny traditions I believe suggest that this is how they got their name). Regardless of which tradition is the “correct” one, the dating for both of these (as far as I see it) can at best be justified at the 17th/18th century or so. This is centuries after Bonny was founded. There would have been no Ogoni to interact with at the time and when you survey the oral traditions of the entire Niger Delta, you’ll notice the absence of Ogoni in the communities’ early traditions. Early Asa traditions and early Ngwa traditions make no mention of Ogoni. Early Bonny traditions make no mention of crossing through Ogoni communities to settle. Okrika and Kalabari traditions show no early memory of Ogoni, and (to the best of my knowledge) even the Ogoni themselves have no traditions that mention how the other communities arrived and settled, meaning they could not have been in the area during those formative periods.

If we take a survey of ethnonyms within the Niger Delta region, we will notice some ethnonyms that are used exclusively by Ijaw.

Where the natives will call themselves “Obolo” and others will call them “Andoni”, only the Ijaw will call them Idoni.

Where the natives will call themselves originally as “Khana”, others will call them “Ogoni”, but only the Ijaw will call them “Igoni”.

Where they natives called themselves “Okoloma”, and others call them Ubani or Obani, but only the Ijaw will use “Ibani”.

There is a clear pattern of derivation here and a clear pattern of consistency in Ijaw usages. It suggests that the name “Ibani” (like "Ogoni" and "Andoni" ) is likely derived from Ijaw. While I do agree with the writer in that I am suspicious of Alagoa likely having fabricated some stories and migrations during the Ijaw re-authorization period, there nothing to suggest that this is one such fabrication. The term “Ibani” likely comes from Ijaw and was derived into Ubani, Obani, etc. by others.

This is incorrect on a number of points. One, “Ndoki” is a collection of clans that do not claim a common ancestor. Eze is only the progenitor of Umueze clan. The Umueze clan are noted by other Ndoki clans as recent arrivals. They arrived in the late 18th century in the company of Ijaw people. Azumini is also one of the youngest settlements in the area, established by Kwokwo Eze (a son of Eze). Umueze first settled at Obunku Okwanku. That said, the writer is correct on one count. All of the founding/early communities in Ndoki seem to have been Igbo-speaking.

More or less correct. Apparently, it is corroborated that there were two other communities in the vicinity during Bobby’s early days, Abalama and Inyong Okpon (what later came to known as Finima). However, contact between these communities was not during initial settlement. According to one tradition by Finima, their boundaries grew into each other and that is how they became aware of each other. Fixing a chronology for their interactions has been a little difficult, because some claim they were there since the 12th century, but some specifics in oral traditions hint as a later date of a perhaps the 15th century or slightly later. I suspect that they all more or less arrived at the same time and that they likely became aware of each other a bit late in their early histories. However, that is just a suspicion. Until the oral traditions can be thoroughly untangled and a chronology can be reasonably established, I will tend to just go with the current orthodox traditions that Inyong Okpon was likely there first, followed by Abalama and then Bonny. So, if we want to follow hard ethno-linguistic lines, Ibibiod (Inyong Okpon), Ijaw (Abalama), and Igbo (Bonny, though contested) were all in the area during that formative period.

No. Once the social-political culture shifted in the 18th century, so did the lingua franca. The lingua franca of the controlling Conoe Houses was Ijaw. The language used by Bonny leadership, used for official rites, ceremonies, festivals, music, and all sorts of culture, was Ijaw. Igbo-speaking was for commoners and trade as things were shifting into the Palm Oil trade era (dominated by Ngwa, Asa and Ndoki).

More or less correct. Except Ikuba is from Andoni, not Ndoki, if I recall correctly. And Tolofari is Ijaw.

Mostly correct on this account. The version of Nwotam practices by Bonny and Andoni comes from the one from Mkpuajekere. Other variants of the masquerade exist in Ngwa and Asa (as Nwutam), but not the guild form developed by Mkpuajekere and consequently spread to Bonny and Andoni.

This is more or less in line with most of the traditions of origin.

This curlew tradition is independently referenced and corroborated by Ngwa, Ndoki and Bonny-Ijaw communities. This is not a fabrication but instead an actual oral tradition shared by multiple communities in the region. As stated earlier, the first settlement of Ndoki (Umueze) was Obunku Okwanku. The Okoloma in Ndoki are a recent settlement part of a reverse migration that occurred in the 19th century as a result of the civil war (Bonny vs Opobo) and ongoing conflict with other Niger Delta trading states .

It would take a lot to respond to this effectively, so perhaps I’ll leave much of it for another day and just say that yes. For the most part, the writer is correct here in that Bonny is an admixture of people, and the political shift in the 17th - 18th century introduced the Canoe House system and feudal system into Bonny. However, since then, Ijaw houses have controlled the commerce, not "Ndoki".

The remote suggestion that Ogoni gave the name "Ndoki" is laughable. Ogoni were migrants. By the way, Ndoki is pure abbreviation of the full name. The same goes to Asa. "Ngwa" was never a person's name but slang out of contingency. There was nothing such as "Ijaw". There were two schools of thoughts which gave rise to "Ijaw" which is even Anglicized. One plank favored the Portuguese while the other points to Ndoli Oru. There was nothing such as Bonny but Ubani which was never an Ijaw word. The same goes to Opu Obu (Opobo). In fact, Opu Obu had never been in the same province or division with Ijaw until 1945 or later.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by waterbrown24: 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
ibos are all over everywhere was a handwork of Ijaws.. Ijaws sold ibos as a slaves to the europeans.. but the sold in turn favour the ibos..

how can you sell those who where superior to u? u have forgoten so soon what is ijaw today where pioneerd by great igbo men..

a butterfly thinking himself a bird fcking creek rat.

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
waterbrown24:

how can you sell those who where superior to u? u have forgoten so soon what is ijaw today where pioneerd by great igbo men..

a butterfly thinking himself a bird fcking creek rat.
it is a disgraced for any africa race to start getting history for just the coming of whitemen.. ibo is disgraced to africa, because its europeans that tell them their histories.. though they was so local and primitive at that time. they were even IJAWS slave at that time..
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by afonjaheadhunts: 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
google wetin

I knew I was dealing with an illiterate from get go, chai. At least this shows you are ready to learn. grin also try to get a life outside the ocean tide everyday must not be about fish and Ogogoro, improve and develop yourself, do something meaningful with your life.

Google is an App download it or use a web browser, it will save you alot of embarrassment, don't be like that PHIjo that have so embarrassed himself on the web space he will need to create another handle to redeem himself.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Idiko1: 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
fool. Ijaws occupied more than 60% population in rivers state..

Any so-called "Ijaw" who lives in Igweocha Mbara Ama is a bona fide tenant. I stated this without malice or prejudice.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Ekealterego: 6:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
i have said it that aba, the ibo finest city cant be compared to yenagoa..
When you drop that ogogoro and sober up, you can come forward let's have a civil discussion...
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by waterbrown24: 6:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
it is a disgraced for any africa race to start getting history for just the coming of whitemen.. ibo is disgraced to africa, because its europeans that tell them their histories.. though they was so local and primitive at that time. they were even IJAWS slave at that time..

lol e pain you die slum dweller, we were more organised and superior than you when the europeans came in contact with us.

u ugly species were referred to as savages,uncivilised neanderderthal humans and very repulsive in looks our great forefathers the aros used your women to keep dicks oiled and there backs scratched, u fools were just tools used by great rìch ìgbo men during atlantic slave trade era nothing more nothing less.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Idiko1: 6:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
PHijo:

I guess delusion is a character. What is known as "Ijaw" is grass-rooted by Igbo, Ewe, Europeans, Filipinos and Indians.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

I knew I was dealing with an illiterate from get go, chai. At least this shows you are ready to learn. grin also try to get a life outside the ocean tide everyday must not be about fish and Ogogoro, improve and develop yourself, do something meaningful with your life.

Google is an App download it or use a web browser, it will save you alot of embarrassment, don't be like that PHIjo that have so embarrassed himself on the web space he will need to create another handle to redeem himself.
imagine people that have used their brains to exchange yam want to teach us.. Jaja is an Ijaw man that reign as Ijaw king.. he grew up as an ijaw son.. he speak only ijaw language.. he fought for ijaw.. he died as an ijaw king.. so what is this yam brain talking na?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Buhari, Ministers, Wale Tinubu, Dangote, Others To Depart For Saudi Arabia / Nigeria’s Outlook Raised To Stable By S&P On Tinubu’s Reforms / Tinubu Approves Appointment And Management Team Of FERMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.