Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? (22984 Views)

Nigerian Man Buys A Horse Because Of Lingering Fuel Scarcity (pics/video) / No Passport Booklet Hold Up From Bayelsa State Immigration Office? / When Will International Passport Booklet Be Available Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by buzorcharles(m): 6:49am On Apr 17, 2021
So they can perpetrate corruption. Corruption yields more in disorganised organisations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Anaerobi(m): 6:50am On Apr 17, 2021
hmmmm
thanks for this information.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Polyglot7pointO: 6:50am On Apr 17, 2021
ruhu:
What's happening with the Nigerian Immigration Service?. I applied since December 2020, up till now in April 2021, they are saying no booklet. What kind of a country is this. I can't afford to lose the opportunity I want to use the passport for. Anyone with the same issue?
it has been scarce since years due to immigration officials corruption and government inability to pay the Malaysian company printing them .. our problems in Nigeria is enormous and for lack of a better word “pathological “

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by PureMe01: 6:50am On Apr 17, 2021
fernandez1:
I guess it’s not in lagos

Lagos gan ikoyi to be precised
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by PureMe01: 6:51am On Apr 17, 2021
fernandez1:

Even with ur express the answer u will get is no booklet
Baba knock on the right door
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by LeeSantos(m): 6:52am On Apr 17, 2021
The big brother Naija Geng.

booklet as always been scarces_ NgFG.
plus Many people applied this time for the next big brother show

this is what you get when thousands are applying, 12k+ only in Lagos. what do you expect... and some person have applied since late last year cus of this upcoming show

you guys should try Appling in the northern states, there are relatively few person who need passport overthere.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by chiedozie198100: 6:52am On Apr 17, 2021
My relation in the US applied since February and same issue.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by SarkinYarki: 6:52am On Apr 17, 2021
Anywhere you see such scarcity in Nigeria it is usually organized crime going on

6 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 17, 2021
Got mine in February at Ikoyi Lagos, applied and was captured same day, took only one week to get it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by fernandez1(m): 6:54am On Apr 17, 2021
PureMe01:
Baba knock on the right door

Oya give me right door number bros
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Alexmecury4: 6:54am On Apr 17, 2021
Oga shut up abeg, you did what when.
Where's the proof. Booklet is scarce
PureMe01:
I did mine same time and I got it within 4 days...na express do am
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by marcus0123: 6:55am On Apr 17, 2021
Thank God I renew immediately it expired last year September 2020.I got my passport the same day I applied without stress.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Franzinni: 6:56am On Apr 17, 2021
Nah format..

We be legal maga

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by ceejayluv(m): 6:57am On Apr 17, 2021
Ask buhari
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Sterope(f): 6:57am On Apr 17, 2021
The Nigerian factor?
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by nemynely(m): 6:57am On Apr 17, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Because Nigeria is not truly independent

Our Election materials others print for us
Our Naira others print for us
Our international passport others print for us

How then can we pretend to be independent

Imagine USA, UK, France, Canada etc Not printing their own currencies, election materials, International passports etc

They will be subject to foreign or external manipulation

This is part of the reason we are "third world", "failed state", "banana republic" etc.

Partly true.
The need for immigration officials to enjoy the proceeds of booklet fraud in perpetuity ranks highest for me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by xperiencelove(m): 6:58am On Apr 17, 2021
Because FG want to terminate the contract of the company/organization that is printing the passport.
The contract was signed with no expiry year or time. The organization claimed they have invested so much on printing of the passport and they will recoup their invested fund after many years of printing as they will be getting back their money in particular percentage on each passport sold to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by wayodude(m): 6:58am On Apr 17, 2021
Na today?
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Mrlola: 6:58am On Apr 17, 2021
Alexmecury4:

I did mine in Abuja back in February. I got it less than a week. My wife got hers two months after she captured. I am aware some people have captured since August that are yet to get theirs.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by zoghys: 7:00am On Apr 17, 2021
ruhu:
What's happening with the Nigerian Immigration Service?. I applied since December 2020, up till now in April 2021, they are saying no booklet. What kind of a country is this. I can't afford to lose the opportunity I want to use the passport for. Anyone with the same issue?

The NIS is having legal issue with the Malaysian company printing the booklet. The FG want it done here by our local company, while the Malaysian company is having nothing of that since they have a valid contract with the FG which may even last forever from the report we are getting. O boy, this country na comedy all through.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by yassinattah(m): 7:01am On Apr 17, 2021
even our forefathers had similar issue when they were travelling with horses and camels in those days

that is the most stupidest excuse an immigration officer told me.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by hedonido: 7:02am On Apr 17, 2021
Alexmecury4:
Stop being unnecessarily belligerent. I also got mine renewed recently, and I got it within three days. Like others here have said, the so-called scarcity is a ploy to extort those willing to pay heavy.

By the way, you have to travel to some other smaller state (rather than Abuja or Lagos or the other big cities).

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by ictjobber: 7:03am On Apr 17, 2021
notoriousbabe:
I got mine that same day, so keep quiet
Faceless forum don give people guts..I don't blame you atall

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Punstar: 7:03am On Apr 17, 2021
@Anonpoet. You can investigate and write on this
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 17, 2021
LeeSantos:
The big brother Naija Geng.

booklet as always been scarces_ NgFG.
plus Many people applied this time for the next big brother show

this is what you get when thousands are applying, 12k+ only in Lagos. what do you expect... and some person have applied since late last year cus of this upcoming show

you guys should try Appling in the northern states, there are relatively few person who need passport overthere.
It’s simple supply chain, u supply more to where there’s high demand. It’s just gross irresponsibility and inefficiency on the part of the government as usual.

People pay for these passports not like it is free. People smoke and drink beer more than they apply for passports, have u ever heard of scarcity of beer or cigarettes?

Your excuses don’t follow please

6 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Geenosko: 7:05am On Apr 17, 2021
Where una dey run go?
Stay back and fix Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 17, 2021
fernandez1:

Even with ur express the answer u will get is no booklet

It's not possible, use correct plug , na them go dey beg you come collect.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Update On Yaba-Oyingbo And Ebutte Metta Flyovers For Lagos Rail Line (video) / Bridge Collapses In Bauchi, 4 Students Killed, 8 Others Injured (Photos, Video) / Man Dies After Being Knocked Down By A Car In Sango Ota, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.