Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? (22992 Views)

Nigerian Man Buys A Horse Because Of Lingering Fuel Scarcity (pics/video) / No Passport Booklet Hold Up From Bayelsa State Immigration Office? / When Will International Passport Booklet Be Available Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by hahn(m): 8:04am On Apr 17, 2021
CocoaOla:
For the past 20 years now There is always booklet passport scarcity

They are doing it on purpose to hike the price and scam their citizens

All government agencies in Nigeria are scammers

Don't force one Nigeria on US

I swear na old problem.

Especially when you do it in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by TheInventor: 8:05am On Apr 17, 2021
No entirely true, I applied for a 32page booklet last two weeks and I got my booklet 2weeks later
fernandez1:

Even with ur express the answer u will get is no booklet

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 17, 2021
LeeSantos:

The Tobacco Industry
Around 6.5 trillion cigarettes are sold around the world each year, which translates to roughly 18 billion cigarettes per day. It is a lucrative industry and one that makes its fortunes largely off the backs of the poorest people in the world, both in terms of supply and demand.

Of the estimated one billion smokers in the world

https://www.verywellmind.com/global-smoking-statistics-2824393

your matter hard, can you produce 6.5 trillion passport booklets per year in the world?
You keep shooting yourself, what’s the demand for passport? is it as much as cigarettes?, if it is yes it is possible.

Is passport scarcity a common trend in other countries, countries with even larger travelers than Nigeria?

for fck sake even cars get mass produced to meet demand and you making ordinary paper production seem like rocket science.

I’m done with you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2021
ruhu:
What's happening with the Nigerian Immigration Service?. I applied since December 2020, up till now in April 2021, they are saying no booklet. What kind of a country is this. I can't afford to lose the opportunity I want to use the passport for. Anyone with the same issue?

I paid 120k each for me and my gf for passport in gwagwalada[VIP service here in Abuja]. I got it in 24hrs. Na people wey no way dey get passport �

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by hahn(m): 8:07am On Apr 17, 2021
ceaser:
Probably their is no money again to pay the printer. The country is cash strapped. Politicians have looted it dry.

Omo these politicians no get joy

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by PureMe01: 8:07am On Apr 17, 2021
Wettoid123:

you did yours and get it within 4 days abeg na for which state and the year u did it
November last year

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Alejobs: 8:08am On Apr 17, 2021
Buhari, Osinbajo, Nigerian Immigration Service, Femi Falana, Efcc, Nigerian Police Force, raufaregbesola are you aware of the open corruption at the NIS passport issuing offices and the passport booklet scarcity. I am asking this question with teary eyes even though i don't need a passport now. Institutional corruption should not be this brazen. Pls do something!
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by TheOnlyTruth(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2021
emperordelis:
Try port Harcourt,I got mine last week..I know someone that started the process last week too and by Friday,he had gotten his passport..
bro abeg can you help me with your link up there for pitakwa I need to cut out ASAP thanks in advance make we link up plz

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by PureMe01: 8:10am On Apr 17, 2021
CELEBRITIZ:

I paid 120k each for me and my gf for passport in gwagwalada[VIP service here in Abuja]. I got it in 24hrs. Na people wey no way dey get passport �
I told them same, they said I'm encouraging corruption as if say no be same Nigeria all of us dey since
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:10am On Apr 17, 2021
macho44:

The thing weak me sef, mine na RE-ISSUE, and na ABUJA i go do am, dem still dey tell me say no booklet. Well, according to my source, dem say na for MALAYSIA dem dey print the Booklet, and powers that be are trying to USURP & HIJACK the deal, cuz it's worth billions of dollars. Truly truly I say to you, there was a COUNTRY sad sad sad sad sad

It doesn't make sense that we outsource stuff like passport printing. Let us give it to a local company to produce. Why did anyone sign some kind of "lifetime" agreement with a foreign company? This can't be usurp and hijack. Every damn thing is imported. It is crazy.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Maski87: 8:12am On Apr 17, 2021
Biafra passport very easy to ,get,I got mine in aba,I don japa since through libya.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by ogbonti: 8:13am On Apr 17, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Buhari want to prevent pipu from running out of Nigeria. grin

and prevent those outside Nigeria from sending money directly to their Nigerian bank account and preventing them from renewing their passport so they can not visit Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 8:14am On Apr 17, 2021
PureMe01:
grin grin Are you not a Nigerian?
bros
enlighten me na
as I dey so japa preparation dey 4 top gear
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by TheOnlyTruth(m): 8:15am On Apr 17, 2021
notoriousbabe:
I got mine that same day, so keep quiet
pls where was that? Can you help a brother out? Let’s link up abeg,thanks in advance
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by prof2007: 8:15am On Apr 17, 2021
Which passport office did you use?

EdoBoy90:
I did mind 21st December 2020 and I got it same day.

It is because many Nigerians want to Japa. Country don red.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Reelmii: 8:15am On Apr 17, 2021
Coldie:

That means she bribed
the guy said EXPRESS.. u are still asking if he BRIBED, wat is the difference between the two, or are u not a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by zadokchidi: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2021
Oga there is booklet..this is Nigeria..it happen to me the officer said passport is 45k but there is no booklet..I said I no there is no booklet but I will pay 70k for it due to my urgent need of it ..he said hmmm I should come ..I went that day and have my passport..guy this naija

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by BAZ001: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2021
Carlyscales:

The booklet can all not finish at the same time in all locations. There are definitely some1 hoarding some somewhere. But there's a general scarcity of booklets in d country right now.
My contacts in Osun and ibadan confirmed that they received some booklets this week. But because it's not enough, the hausa-fulani guy incharge in ibadan was just insulting and fighting every one that came into his office for passport. He was just feeling too important because of the yeye scarcity.
And was cornering the few for his cronies I believe
Even when it was available everywhere, we still paid for express to get it fast with minimal stress

I know it’s generally scarce according to them but some people are still getting it in two weeks, it’s sad when you pay express and then still wait for months
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by prof2007: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2021

PureMe01:
I did mine same time and I got it within 4 days...na express do am
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by prof2007: 8:17am On Apr 17, 2021
Which passport office did she use?

ictjobber:
Express.. My mom got hers in less than 3 days
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by castins(m): 8:18am On Apr 17, 2021
Passport is available, they are only hording it, I did mine 29th December 2020 -express , got it same day before 4:30pm, while those that applied over a month before me are still lurking around there office complaining.

This country is a shame, I have to path with huge some to get what I wanted because I I needed it urgently at all cost.

ruhu:
What's happening with the Nigerian Immigration Service?. I applied since December 2020, up till now in April 2021, they are saying no booklet. What kind of a country is this. I can't afford to lose the opportunity I want to use the passport for. Anyone with the same issue?
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by prof2007: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2021

notoriousbabe:
I got mine that same day, so keep quiet
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Qoko: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2021
CocoaOla:
For the past 20 years now There is always booklet passport scarcity

They are doing it on purpose to hike the price and scam their citizens

All government agencies in Nigeria are scammers

Don't force one Nigeria on US

You’re saying the truth.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by fineboynl(m): 8:19am On Apr 17, 2021
buhari is truly fighting corruption. express indeed.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by prof2007: 8:20am On Apr 17, 2021

marcus0123:
Thank God I renew immediately it expired last year September 2020.I got my passport the same day I applied without stress.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by prof2007: 8:21am On Apr 17, 2021

hedonido:

Stop being unnecessarily belligerent. I also got mine renewed recently, and I got it within three days. Like others here have said, the so-called scarcity is a ploy to extort those willing to pay heavy.

By the way, you have to travel to some other smaller state (rather than Abuja or Lagos or the other big cities).
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by prof2007: 8:22am On Apr 17, 2021

2shaw:
I paid 32k,got mine within 2weeks. U must know someone thr t least,if u go there randomly,those immigration guys go chop u well.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by prof2007: 8:23am On Apr 17, 2021

MISSCONGENIALITY:
I think your money entered the wrong hands. Some people if that immigration office will just collect your money and be telling you no passport till you give up. Maybe you should meet another person. Did mind January and got it within 3days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Update On Yaba-Oyingbo And Ebutte Metta Flyovers For Lagos Rail Line (video) / Bridge Collapses In Bauchi, 4 Students Killed, 8 Others Injured (Photos, Video) / Man Dies After Being Knocked Down By A Car In Sango Ota, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.