Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi (26000 Views)

Buhari’s Wedding: Three Months Later, FFK Says Pantami Is His Friend / Father Mbaka MUST Be Defended Regardless Of His Perceived Faults - Nnamdi Kanu / Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Noblejay7: 11:45am On Apr 17, 2021
That means the DSS didn't do it job well.

Pantami with this kind of baggage should have been screened out at the senate confirmation base on DSS recommendations assuming he was rightly profiled.

This whole saga clearly shows we have weak institutions.
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by buckeyemedia: 11:53am On Apr 17, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

You still have mouth to talk now because CAN is silent on this sensitive issue.

If this terrorist sympathiser fails to resign,CAN should call for nationwide protest.We cannot afford the risk of our data falling into the hands of Boko Haram, Taliban or Al-qeada
What will Boko Haram do with your valueless information? After failing, you people are still looking for what to wail over? Go get a life, the sooner the better for you, cry cry Babies.
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by buckeyemedia: 11:55am On Apr 17, 2021
Noblejay7:

Pantami with this kind of baggage should have been screened out at the senate confirmation base on DSS recommendations assuming he was rightly profiled.

It just shows wailers are wailing over nothing as usual, he is not resigning so do not waste your time over heating the polity.
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by TeraHawks: 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
What a narrow-minded perspective.

I presume you are a young man.

Do well to be more objective in your reasoning.

helinues:
Pantami is the new target for wailers to wail on.

The Buhari you people called a terrorist has been your president for almost 6 years, what would this wailing, gnashing of teeth bring? Absolutely nothing..

Even if Pantami resign, what different would that make? Is Buhari going to appoint Wailers as Pantami substitute?

Farooq claiming to be Panatami's friend.. Would read friends give their friends out?
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by naija1stnigar(m): 12:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

The Buhari you people called a terrorist has been your president for almost 6 years, what would this wailing, gnashing of teeth bring? Absolutely nothing..

Even if Pantami resign, what different would that make? Is Buhari going to appoint Wailers as Pantami substitute?

Farooq claiming to be Panatami's friend.. Would read friends give their friends out?
try get small sense na, at least for today, in saner climes this so called minister should be under probe but here in Nigeria he will only earn more popularity with this revelation, many of those who supported obvious evil like you have paid the big prize even with their lives under the this evil administration but it's a pity you are yet to incline your heart unto wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Awoleesu(m): 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
Fernandeswagger:

grin grin grin Diaspora things I guess...badt guy.

Anything is possible jare.

Very cerebral of you!
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
seunmsg:
To be honest, Pantami’s views on issues relating to terrorism and non-Muslims before he became a minister are troubling. Initially, I felt it was fake news but with credible video evidences, I’m really worried that someone with such views is holding a sensitive national position.

He should resign or publicly repudiate those extremist views he once held.

The only option is for him to resign. Repudiation of views previously held is for private citizens and not a federal Minister in charge of a very sensitive portfolio that should never ever be compromised by extremism of any kind.

Now, knowing what we know, no objective Nigeria can confidently insist 100% Pantami will not abuse his substantial powers to abet those he has shown ethno-religious preference, bias and love for.

You are an educated man I assume is fairly exposed. In which serious nation, that does not play with the lives and security of her people, will Pantami be allowed to continue in his job even for a second longer?

Is it the UK where sport broadcasters are sacked for being 'throwbacks' i.e borderline racist?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Tecno66: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
Racoon:
This is a man made the minister-for communication and digital technology in charge of citizens sensitive national bio-information by Buhari(another terrorist lover and sympathiser) for goodness sake.This is enough for them to resign and leave our national life.

When it is said all headslammers supports Jihad that encourages bloodshed and killings in the name of a god, they called us extremists with islamophobic view even when the truth is glaring from their holy book-Koran.
When you have extremists like this in government, how do you expect such government to speak up against bandits and killer herdsmen? Moreover, is Mr. Buhari not aware of this man's antecedent's before appointing him into his cabinet?

3 Likes

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
buckeyemedia:
What will Boko Haram do with your valueless information? After failing, you people are still looking for what to wail over? Go get a life, the sooner the better for you, cry cry Babies.

It is people like you, with blind, clannish and unobjective support of your own kinsmen, that are making the agitation for secession louder.

I must say that I don't wish to share a nation or citizenship with you as we obviously have nothing in common since you cannot even see the wrong in an extremist and fundamentalist heading such a sensitive portfolio.

Better you have your own nation where the likes of Pantami leads you while I have my own where Muslims liker Fashola Tinubu and others, like them, lead me and the Yorubas.

The North is what it is today, whether you will admit so or not, because extremists and terrorist sympathiser are in very powerful positions in society and able to use those position to abet terror and insecurity.

3 Likes

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Tecno66: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
Noblejay7:

How do you expect a dss headed by a Fulani man to screen out an extremist like Pantani. They all have a common mandate.

4 Likes

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by poseidon12: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

Check your grammar. I hope the fasting has not disoriented you.
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by seunayantokun(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
Farooq has done a good job for his friend urging him to address a world press conference. Will that change Pantami's terrorist heart? And after that, we should be okay that he is not a terrorist? I laugh.

Also, does Western education make terrorists to abandon their way? I am aware many terrorists in Europe, dead or alive were well educated (western way). Even Bin Laden was trained in US. Many of the supporters of boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, bandits, in the current government of this country have university degrees obtained here in Nigeria and/or overseas. Farooq himself is well-read and has a PhD, and here he is laundering Pantami's terrorist image.

I don't want to say his write up has a lot of fallacies, but it does.

In short, Farooq has shown his tacit support, implicit or explicit, to Pantami's past though he is quick to condemn it. If you condemn evil acts and then go ahead to give excuses for their occurrence, what are you doing? Nigerians need to fear this Farooq. Trusting him will be too risky.

2 Likes

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Emotionss: 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
helinues:

As long as Nigerian politicians still have people like you will to defend them regardless of their offense, things can only get worse.

1 Like

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by legba1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
I wonder how some shameless folks here try simrlessly to defend a man like PATANI... His past and most likely present has come to hunt him and so he must face th music

Iam not sorry to to call him a terrorist.. He's not fit to hold pu lic/national office

2 Likes

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by ddippset(m): 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
seunayantokun:
Farooq has done a good job for his friend urging him to address a world press conference. Will that change Pantami's terrorist heart? And after that, we should be okay that he is not a terrorist? I laugh.

Also, does Western education make terrorists to abandon their way? I am aware many terrorists in Europe, dead or alive were well educated (western way). Even Bin Laden was trained in US. Many of the supporters of boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, bandits, in the current government of this country have university degrees obtained here in Nigeria and/or overseas. Farooq himself is well-read and has a PhD, and here he is laundering Pantami's terrorist image.

I don't want to say his write up has a lot of fallacies, but it does.

In short, Farooq has shown his tacit support, implicit or explicit, to Pantami's past though he is quick to condemn it. If you condemn evil acts and then go ahead to give excuses for their occurrence, what are you doing? Nigerians need to fear this Farooq. Trusting him will be too risky.
Farooq himself is a fool. Everybody wants to trend.

Despite knowing the history of Pantami over the years, and his support for terrorism and all that, how does he still consider Pantami a friend?

1 Like

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Ikinternational: 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

all this irrelevant rubbish. instead of you seeking/caring for the truth. smh
God forbid i only reason with my left brain
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Noblejay7: 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
Tecno66:
How do you expect a dss headed by a Fulani man to screen out an extremist like Pantani. They all have a common mandate.

You are correct.
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Nasir123(m): 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

My friend get out!

1 Like

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Housing(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
His past is really hunting him, and I of the believe that he is not fit to be a political appointee in a secular nation like ours.

That being said, our fellow brother should learn how to condemn evil or anything bad without raising consciousness of religious nor tribal identity.

This Helinues guy comments and contributions most often are not but that of a lost soul. But referring to him as Yoruba Muslim will only earned him sympathy of fellow Muslims. Call him out as an individual with any appendage of tribal nor religion identity.
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Yusman316(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
runningriot:
Muslim should re write the Qur'an because it is very obvious that it is not all about extremism alone to me the QURAN needs total overhauling because why is it that from children and adult, rich and poor from America, to Europe, Asia, and Africa all the religion people knows is to kill and destroy how to conquer and rule. If it is an Almajeri or stack illiterate from the village that makes this remarks we would have said that him or her is not educated but for a sound and intelligent man like PANTAMI to say this then we have a long way to go. It clearly shows ISLAM endorsed KILLINGS. This has shown clearly without otherwise that ISLAM is a religion of WAR and destruction.
My guy the difference between u and Muslims is that they are thought to say things as they see them, not being hypocritical about things as some of u do, all in the name of sounding political correct. When a Muslim condemns a particular U.S action in a particular country, say in the middle East, that doesn't mean he/she hates the U.S. A Muslim can come out and say he/she supports Osama Bin Laden's actions, that doesn't mean the person will go into the street and start killing people. Remember talk is cheap they say. If we start judging people by what they say, believe me every single human being will be found guilty of one form of intolerance or the other
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Yusman316(m): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
BERNIMOORE:

You will wonder why our Yoruba Muslims brothers don't criticize radicals holding extreme views leading to terrorism

The act of their silence and even diverting attention from such is seen as Protecting Islam, they will further tell you that you don't understand because criticism is Not allowed, rather an act of looking elsewhere when action is needed is classified aa (Protecting Islam)

They simply see you that is pointing out a wrongdoing in a sercular society as a threat trying to devide Islam, and remind themselves of the fact that you are an unbeliever and shouldn't be reckon with

They are reminded to adhere to comply with Taqiyyah
| religious doctrine | Britannica
www.britannica.com › topic › taqiyyah

Taqiyyah, in Islam, the practice of concealing one's belief.......
Derived from the Arabic word waqa (“to shield oneself”)

So our Yoruba Muslims brothers with rather Shield their Faith or conceal the dictates of their belief rather than criticize openly radical views of their religious brethren in a common circular society

When u finish lying to yourself and others, clap for yourself. Taqiyya ni taqqiya ko
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Angrymode: 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
In a sane country, this terrorist loving minister will either be sacked or will shamefully resign in the light of this. However, there is nothing sane about Nigeria with insane Buhari as president.

As for Mr Kproogi, he still ended being the hypocrite he tried not to be. This is the result of trying to defend the indefensible. He should have left the defense aspect for BMC and Zombies that can defend anyone in any scenario.

2 Likes

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by jaxxy(m): 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
doggedfighter:
When a friend says that about you,it means you are a lost cause. undecided

What kind of biased misinterpretation is this? undecided

Are u sure u read it well?
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by writeprof(m): 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

resigns... difference...real
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Invitationn: 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
zombieHUNTER:

I find it hard to understand Yoruba Muslims...

This is a man whose extreme Islamic teachings are all over the internet... He was even seen with the founder of Boko Haram..

The same northern journalist who opened the lid on kemi Adeosun was seen waving this away just like you are doing...

Kemi was sacked and replaced by you know who because of Nysc certificate...

I don't seem to understand Yoruba Muslims on this forum... It's no longer about hypocrisy..
I think it goes deeper than that..
Something is definitely wrong
Nicely said...He should resign like Kemi if the allegations are true.
However, basing part of your argument on Pantami being seen with Late Boko Haram leader discredits your argument.
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Invitationn: 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
capitalzero:
It is only fools that will think isa pantami is not on terror watchlist. Many top muslim politicians are also in that list.
Be calming down.
The watchlist is not a secret list.
Joke is on you grin
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by nedu666: 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
zombieHUNTER:

I find it hard to understand Yoruba Muslims...

This is a man whose extreme Islamic teachings are all over the internet... He was even seen with the founder of Boko Haram..

The same northern journalist who opened the lid on kemi Adeosun was seen waving this away just like you are doing...

Kemi was sacked and replaced by you know who because of Nysc certificate...

I don't seem to understand Yoruba Muslims on this forum... It's no longer about hypocrisy..
I think it goes deeper than that..
Something is definitely wrong

Hielinus is not yoruba but aboki. Try read most of his threats on yorubas during lbarapa and sasha crisis. Does a yoruba man threaten to kill yorubas for fighting hausas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by nedu666: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
zombieHUNTER:

A Yoruba guy said you're a fulani...

I think I believe him

Of course he is fulani pretending to be a yoruba man but couldn't hold it any longer during ibarapa and sasha.
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by abeggnow: 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

Even if Pantami resigns, what different would that make? Is Buhari going to appoint Wailers as Pantami substitute?

are you saying his speeches are right?? and are you also saying a friend who see wrong should not say it??
Re: Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi by Gandollaar(f): 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
Houstency:

Did you read through the beautiful piece by Prof? You are pathetic and irredeemable!
Helinues the curses don too much for your head ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Moment Pat Utomi Endorsed Peter Obi (Video) / Josephine Faborpregha Dickson Weds Ogbere Michael (Photos) / Obiano's Light Up Projects Across Onitsha Mega City- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.