Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,613 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student (22161 Views)

Survival Tactics You Must Know / How To Apply For OPM Oversea Scholarship Free / Survival Fund Clarification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Adex2442: 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
BigDawsNet:

$8:00

Which country sir
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Yungstallion: 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Una no get j*y at all. You want OP to be seeing imaginary ghosts during lectures grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by alexsoftwork(m): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
WalkerMichael:
I plan to learn how to drive forklift b4 japa. already got some IM skill for online jobs

I go like learn ooo, where u learn, and how much??

If o learn finish, na which country I fit apply??
Pls advise.
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by alexsoftwork(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
WalkerMichael:
I plan to learn how to drive forklift b4 japa. already got some IM skill for online jobs

pls where do u learn, how much, which country can I apply for jobs for forklift driving
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by shegzhkn: 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
Firstorderwizard:
While schooling in Kabul here in Afghanistan, I was servicing defective machine guns and bombs for Talibans and got paid $5 per hour

Really ?? and the Naval special warfare development group never paid you a visit ??
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Cocao(f): 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
horlarleecon:
Good morning Halimah, I would really love to talk to you about the Canada stuff please, I would really love to if you can message me or WhatsApp 08108155667 or drop your number for me please. My name is Taofeeq Galadimoh. Please I would really love if you can help please.

You must not be bright at all. Remove your phone number from this public site right now!

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by BigDawsNet: 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
Adex2442:

Which country sir

States
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Nicoswit(m): 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Seniorwriter:

No I can't ....moreso it's not a link thing but a practical process approach and there are rules here that don't allow for such expose....reach me if need be on facebook...check my profile for fb ID.
Howbeit cheers

@Seniorwriter
Bro I don send you friend request on Fb, i wan learn too
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Didi2d(m): 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2021
styles2009:

Learn German, search for work from here, go to German embassy website and search for visa to get work or training in Germany.

If you are smart, I told you all you need.

OK thanks, really appreciate.
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Didi2d(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
MERCHANDISER:

Pls Sir,I am interested in the forklift driving school.
Can you give me your number,I reside at Iyanoba axis

Drop you number, I will text you.

But remember I don't work in a driving school, but I can link you sha
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by BlessedOne259: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by kriss27(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
WalkerMichael:
What is IM please? Are forklift drivers well paid overseas?
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Richthekid: 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
Factory job
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by MERCHANDISER: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
Didi2d:

Drop you number, I will text you

But remember I don't work in a driving school, but I can link you sha
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by austinelex: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
Nicerazor:
If you are in US and can drive. Dm me I will give you a good hustle that will make you thousands of $$$.
Note : you must have someone in Lagos coz I will do a background check on you so you don’t run with people’s money.
how una take dey enter US self
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Adex2442: 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
BigDawsNet:

States

Oh nice. I wish to visit someday
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by BigDawsNet: 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
Adex2442:

Oh nice. I wish to visit someday

Apply for a visit visa

Hopefully you will be considered...

Goodluck
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by sulaak(m): 8:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
jeyem:
This is a success story! It make my day!

You are much welcome.
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Shancca: 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
Educationalserv:
Am new in Brandon canada and I have been choosy about available part time job and depending on my saving and income from Nigeria but the exchange rate is hitting me bad and am thinking of getting a job

Check out care and support jobs. The pay faster with more shifts available, but you must be ready to work. No sleeping on duty
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by JIREN01: 9:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Online Remote jobs anywhere anytime is better
You can get to earn as much as $30000(thirty thousand ) monthly or yearly depends on time spent and jobs completed because of your location doing transcribing or voice over. It's a lil harder from Africa especially Nigeria because of Online scams associated to such regions though some of us still find our way around the challenges!

@Seniorwriter
30K monthly? For an individual? Stop exaggerating bro
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Seniorwriter(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
JIREN01:
30K monthly? For an individual? Stop exaggerating bro

How is $30k monthly or a year for an individual an exaggeration....SMH @you.

Deep Quote
Smart people ask the right questions but assumption is for the low minded

@Seniorwriter
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by lereinter(m): 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
WalkerMichael:

What does IM mean
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by calcal: 10:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
Search for the nearby industrial sites, ask fellow local students, take a walk to the place, knock on their door, ask if they need help.

you might be given a job application right away to complete.

You don't need a certificate for a factory job in Canada, just high school and no one will check
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Tinyemeka(m): 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Contango:
Back then in UK, Manchester to be precise, I did the following. Not that I did not have money (I was on full scholarship all through), I just wanted extra bucks. tongue
1. Amazon (warehouse operations)
2. JD Sports (warehouse operations)
3. Ethiad Stadium (Steward)
4. Old Trafford stadium (Ball boy) angry

We suffer no be small in those days but it is rapidly paying off now cheesy

What's the current hustle now? smiley
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Tinyemeka(m): 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2021
RALPHOW:

However I later discovered that there were many other jobs like Software Testing, Forex Trading etc

Wouldn't that require highly skilled knowledge and qualification?

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Yaks02(m): 12:04am On Apr 18, 2021
Obinnau:
Truth be told. I usually think that I would be able to work whenever I leave Nigeria for studies abroad. But I am here now and sometimes I wonder how I would be able to have supported myself if I was not sponsored by the school. To even find time for oneself after project reports, assignments and reading for exams is too hectic.
Thank God for scholarships.

NB: if you have to work abroad you may have to sacrifice your academic results for the cash. If you're for your academic pursuits, you better leave the job thingy.

Which country?
And how can one apply the schorlarship pls?
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Yaks02(m): 12:16am On Apr 18, 2021
Nicerazor:
If you are in US and can drive. Dm me I will give you a good hustle that will make you thousands of $$$.
Note : you must have someone in Lagos coz I will do a background check on you so you don’t run with people’s money.

Damn.....
I fit migrate illegally oh
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Yaks02(m): 12:19am On Apr 18, 2021
mrdharkchild:
Use a VPN. I mean for we here in Nigeria

Can I pm u??
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Yaks02(m): 12:21am On Apr 18, 2021
Didi2d:

No wahala, But you must live around agbara or probably know someone you can stay with around here.
There are lots of manufacturing companies here, so my jurisdiction is agbara.

As am typing now, am seated on a forklift.. Lol

I fit get job around dat una side??
just dropped out of school, I need something to do to earn a living
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Nicoswit(m): 12:25am On Apr 18, 2021
Seniorwriter:

How is $30k monthly or a year for an individual an exaggeration....SMH @you. Deep Quote Smart people ask the right questions but assumption is for the low minded
@Seniorwriter
Bro is ur fb account the one without profile pic?
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Yaks02(m): 12:30am On Apr 18, 2021
sulaak:

I worked as a Kitchen Porter, washing pot and pans in a hotel kitchen for over 6 months, then graduated to working in a warehouse for a further 2 years when I returned to the UK in the 1990s.

At the same time, I completed a part-time degree in Physic and another Degree in aerospace Engr and 15 years later I am now a director of a software company with homes in the Caribbean, Spain and London.

I will do what it takes to pay my bills, I never ask for a handout or take loans except from a bank.

I hope I succeed like you, I just dropped out of school
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by 360command: 12:53am On Apr 18, 2021
austinelex:
how una take dey enter US self
na from Mexico.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FUNAAB Students Beat A Thief Who Stole Tecno Phone (Photo) / Olamide Samuel, The First African PhD Holder In National Security At 25 Years / Why The Discrimination Between Hnd Holders And Bsc Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.