Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision (2948 Views)

Qualitygod Return Back My Money - Lg Led 43 Inches For Sale By Qualitygod.(pics) / Fraud Alert! Please Who Know Mayorall, Scammed Me Of Huge Amount / SCAM ALERT!!! Please Beware Of Abayomi Tajudeen Muse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by ipobarethieves: 7:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
Duru9:
Still haven't seen the scam yet
sad
Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by ipobarethieves: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2021
sad
NemB:
Final posts. Please what do I do? Can nairaland make these people refund me?
Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by impeccablephili: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2021
NemB:
Please I missed one screenshot in set 5 I'll put it here. I would have boned it and continued but I want to put the whole story here so that this guy won't twist any hidden part.
Thank God you have resolved the matter, but I think it's all misunderstanding between the two of you. Pointstore is a good guy I've had dealings with him before, and he treated me well.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by remi2good: 7:56am On Apr 20, 2021
NemB:
Okay guys, good morning. Obviously this @pointstores vendor is changing the timing of our conversation to suit his narrative. At this point I have to post the whole screenshots from beginning to end so that you will see exactly how it happened. Please bear with me, it's plenty.
1. First of all, I transferred 80k not 78k.
2. Secondly, the argument on battery started because, first he told me I'll get 2 types batteries (lithium and gel) if I buy solar, then the next day after I already paid, he came and said I'll get only gel. But I prefer lithium so I insisted that he should return the deposit for solar. Please see the screenshots to see how it went. So all this one he is saying that he told me that he has bought material before I told him to send 24k is just a lie. Please see screenshots for how he twisted everything
3. Now time to deliver my device, I sent balance of 24k (which he forgot to mention) then he said I shouldn't plug high load. I said no problem, shebi it is 300w, I won't do more than 275. (Me sef I won't be silly enough to overload and spoil what is so expensive nah) and that's where trouble started as you guys saw in the screenshots before. He first said I shouldn't plug more than 120w. Ah! When I was asking why, he said because 300w = 300 divided by 2 = 150 usable. Ah! This one was just insulting because obviously this guy was taking me for a fool.
4. Then, I was still arguing with him that he should either give me my 300w or return my money that how this guy said that delivery is already on the way. I deleted my address immediately just in case delivery is not on the way. Because how can I be telling you I don't want something and you are saying delivery is on the way??
5. See where he said that before work started, I wanted 1 tv and after work started, I said 3 systems, 1 tv, 1fan. Please I want all of you to check our conversation from beginning to end. And see if I said that.
@pointstores you are not only a scammer, you are an exponential liar and a manipulator. See how you are twisting timing and even saying things I didn't say to make your point!
oga calm down small and learn, an inverter or back up system of 300w should not be loaded above 120 or 130 depending, it's an electrical mechanical device, first it will use about 100w or more to power it's self and generate the power you need for your appliances that is what the seller means by dividing by two so you're now left with about 150w, and to be on a safe side you shouldn't do more than 120w because of the health of the Device, I use 1000w inverter, the working power is 200w so the actual rating is 800w and I've never plugged more than 200w load on the inverter and I've been using the inverter for more than five years now. From the post of you guys I can see he was trying to explain to you not to do more than 150w inverter but you were insisting on doing up to 275w on a 300w setup and still claiming you know what you're doing and up till now you've not still realized that it is never and can't be done, so there's no scam here. The issue here is about refund which is dicey here because from posts he says he collects money from clients based on needs, buys materials and build based on the need and believe me welding those batteries together one by one is a heculian task, you guys should reach an amicable settlement

8 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by Lokonga: 6:01am On Dec 16, 2021
eghos12:
one thing pointstores you should always educate your customers first because solar systems is not electronics you just plug and play.. they are rules, guidelines that owners must know before venturing into solar system... we are talking about voltage here it can kill.

I think anybody who wants to put solar system need to first learn the does and don't of it.

I have been use laptop power bank 96mah for 7 years now any minor fault it had like burnt plugs I was the one change it my self. why could it last for me, because I research how to maintain lithium power bank and follow the guidelines
Please where did you get yours?
Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by eghos12(m): 1:20am On Dec 17, 2021
Lokonga:

Please where did you get yours?
Bought it from this guy Nkadoj but he is no longer active on nairaland
Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by bodee(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
pointstores:

Thanks boss

I ask him about load first that ,what he wants to power

He told me 32inches and blender

I told him blender will not work a blender is about 800watts

32inches tv plus decorder 70watts max

He never told me anything about 3 laptop and 1 fan when i ask

Different customer with different attitude
The guy is basically ignorant. I think that his 78k is like millions in his eyes. Talking of using a 78k 500 watts rated inverter to power 3 laptops, TV and fan... Haba!

And pls don't feel bad, what happened could be a blessing in disguise. At the end, many of us here are able to see the real picture of things that transpired.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by pointstores(m): 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
bodee:
The guy is basically ignorant. I think that his 78k is like millions in his eyes. Talking of using a 78k 500 watts rated inverter to power 3 laptops, TV and fan... Haba!

And pls don't feel bad, what happened could be a blessing in disguise. At the end, many of us here are able to see the real picture of things that transpired.

Thanks boss
Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by sofiscatedmoron: 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
NemB:
Please see what I am going through in the hands of pointstores and solar vision.
I paid 78k for a 300w power bank and they are trying to cheat me. Help me beg them to return my money or give me what I asked for.
Oga
A 300w device, u should not load up 100w on it's,
300w is peak not working load
If u need to use constant 300w load u can go fo 2.5kva inverter with 200ah battery x2
Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by dacool1(m): 11:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:

Oga
A 300w device, u should not load up 100w on it's,
300w is peak not working load
If u need to use constant 300w load u can go fo 2.5kva inverter with 200ah battery x2

I disagree with your views.

I believe both the peak and constant ratings should be clearly spelt out before payment was made. You can't let me commit myself to a contract then begin to explain its terms afterwards. That's why people trust brands like Binatone, Haier tec, etc, because they try to give something close to their ratings. Must everyone be an engineer?

Just glad they were able to resolve, and as for the OP, you need to learn to make research and also ask questions and make sure you fully understand before transacting. Avoid altering the terms of your agreement as it will in most cases create confusion and or loopholes in the execution of the agreement. The truth is the laws guiding most transactions is "CAVEAT EMPTOR". He was only trying to advice you on how to prolong the devices' live span.

As for the the vendor, you messed up your goodwill a little, you need to address some issues in a better way. Avoid issues like this getting to public forums before getting it resolved. I know you have utilized the money sent to you on acquisition of materials, but u know the internet hardly forgets. To some people when they make a kind of research about your business name, scam related topics has been indexed by Google. How many of them would see through, the conversations. Work on your aftersales services, especially for your kind of business. On a final note try to be plain. Discuss with your clients in clear terms they would understand.

Goodluck to both parties in thier future endeavors.
Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by sofiscatedmoron: 11:16pm On Jun 12, 2022
dacool1:

I disagree with your views.

I believe both the peak and constant ratings should be clearly spelt out before payment was made. You can't let me commit myself to a contract then begin to explain its terms afterwards. That's why people trust brands like Binatone, Haier tec, etc, because they try to give something close to their ratings. Must everyone be an engineer?

Just glad they were able to resolve, and as for the OP, you need to learn to make research and also ask questions and make sure you fully understand before transacting. Avoid altering the terms of your agreement as it will in most cases create confusion and or loopholes in the execution of the agreement. The truth is the laws guiding most transactions is "CAVEAT EMPTOR". He was only trying to advice you on how to prolong the devices' live span.

As for the the vendor, you messed up your goodwill a little, you need to address some issues in a better way. Avoid issues like this getting to public forums before getting it resolved. I know you have utilized the money sent to you on acquisition of materials, but u know the internet hardly forgets. To some people when they make a kind of research about your business name, scam related topics has been indexed by Google. How many of them would see through, the conversations. Work on your aftersales services, especially for your kind of business. On a final note try to be plain. Discuss with your clients in clear terms they would understand.

Goodluck to both parties in thier future endeavors.
Baba that is the way it is unless you don't know about inverter
Re: Fraud Alert. Please Return My Money Pointstores And Solar Vision by dacool1(m): 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:

Baba that is the way it is unless you don't know about inverter

Good luck to you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brand New Google Android Epad 7 Inches For Sale : N28,000 / Hp 640g3 I5 7th Gen For Sale / New Arrival New/slightly Used Blackberry Phones Available In Enugu And Beyond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.