Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,397 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says (1926 Views)

Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
OkCornel:

Oh, that was what your English teacher thought you that “Us” means?

How many people does “us” refer to? Singular or plural? So basic thing to comprehend.

Let us create man in our image and likeness. So “us” and “our” on that sentence represents one person abi?

You need a bigger lie to cover up a smaller lie, but ride on.
You keep contradicting yourself. The first commandment is " Hear o Israel, the Lord our God, is one ". And for you to say that "US ", you are implying that there are three gods. This automatically will discredit the first of God's commandments cheesy
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by OkCornel(m): 5:54pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Bros we are talking about the situational context here biko. When God uses "US", it implies just one thing :

To make decisions and to bring together The Father, Word and Spirit to agree on an action. (See Genesis 1 and the story of the Tower of Babel.).

Please study your bible and stop this silliness

Thank you, so the Father, the Word (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit is one person abi? Keep it up.

“us” and “our” refers to multiple persons and not one person as basic comprehension of English makes it. Unless you have own special interpretation of English.
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by OkCornel(m): 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You keep contradicting yourself. The first commandment is " Hear o Israel, the Lord our God, is one ". And for you to day that US implies three gods already discredits the first of God's commandments cheesy

Again, that oneness is clearly explained by Jesus in John 17 v 21. Very straightforward to grasp.
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
OkCornel:

Thank you, so the Father, the Word (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit is one person abi? Keep it up.

“us” and “our” refers to multiple persons and not one person as basic comprehension of English makes it.
Oga, you are reading a translated version of the bible so English words will not give you a total understanding of hebrew situational contex. The bible was written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. The word "US", was found the old testament which was in hebrew , and it was written as "Elohim " (God plural) . This meaning is different from "Eloha "(God singular). See, this is another subject that I do not want to touch because it would be digression
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by OkCornel(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga, you are reading a translated version of the bible so English words will not give you a total understanding of hebrew situational contex. The bible was written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. The word "US", was found the old testament which was in hebrew , and it was written as "Elohim " (God plural) . This meaning is different from "Eloha "(God singular). See, this is another subject that I do not want to touch because it would be digression

It’s actually very interesting. Now you’ve touched on something I’m also hesitant to discuss too. Especially considering English is not the original language of the scriptures. Although this same English is still too straightforward that you’re arguing over self explanatory terms.

Bring up that creation story of Genesis in Hebrew or Greek or Latin language, “us” and “our” still refers to more than one person anyhow you want to twist it.

The key question to ask yourself is why the Father, word and Spirit referred to “us” and “our” rather than “me” and “my”. Very basic thing to think about, but no...you’d rather believe in unscriptural doctrines.

Anyways, if you want to discuss this in Hebrew, Greek, Latin or Aramaic on this thread or somewhere else another time. That’s fine by me.

Insults asides, I really enjoyed the dialogue. Thanks for your time.
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by OkCornel(m): 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] More cluelessness. Jesus had two natures : a divine nature and a human nature. Which is why sometimes He spoke as man, and other times He spoke as God.

Lastly how will Jesus find fault in me when it is His own words I read? Bros keep your judgment to yourself and fight for your own salvation

I’m still looking for where I judged you though. How does explaining your understanding to Jesus on the last day connote anything bad happening to you on the day of judgment? Or whenever you see him face to face? Na wa for you ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out The Top 10 Biggest Churches In Nigeria 2024 / God Is A Mistake Converter. He Can Turn Any Mistake Into A Miracle. / Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.