Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” (19286 Views)

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / Husband Catches His Lingerie-clad Wife Waiting For 'date' In Hotel / At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by moscobabs(m): 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
shocked
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by takimsipho(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
The fact is this, we africans don't get married for just the sake of love and companionship. We get married to raise families strictly. Howard Webb (48) got married to his wife (42), tell me which African man will do this. Theresa May former PM of the UK is still married to her husband Philip despite being confirmed to be unable to conceive. We africans don't marry cos of emotional support, intimacy and connection, na just to born pikin. After the woman don born finish, no more love, na to start to call each other mama Tunde and papa Tunde

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Iwantpeace: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
I can totally relate..last year by this time I was in the same shoes for a marriage less than 6 month old .. started getting pressures from my sisters in law, my brother in law who was living with me , even my mom I became prayer point.. anytime I meet with my husband it was only for the sole purpose of procreation instead of enjoying ourselves first.. I will meet with my husband at least 2 times a day for a straight one week of my ovulation (days before n after).. hence it causes me waist pain n all. I avoided social media esp WhatsApp because of questions from friends who make comments like ' by now you should be heavily pregnant o ' bla bla. I hated myself anytime I see my monthly flow but thank God it's now history.i can only imagine those who are waiting for more than 3 years upward.. If u are able to read this my comment pls never u whether u are joking or not ask a couple abt their fertility status few weeks, months or years after wedding infact never ever ... keep ur curiosity to yourself..

11 Likes

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by emonis88: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
saphiere:
Don't live to please the society.

The FUTURE is FEMALE
when this future u keep saying is female has so many females, na d males weh remain go become scarce commodity o! na 10 wives I go carry when d time come. The future is female for certain o!
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Calitoscassius(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
This long article is irrelevant to me, as i ve aready had six kids from 4 different women. cool

Maybe the article would be relevant to the guy below me. grin

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Liposure: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
takimsipho:
The fact is this, we africans don't get married for just the sake of love and companionship. We get married to raise families strictly. Howard Webb (48) got married to his wife (42), tell me which African man will do this. Theresa May former PM of the UK is still married to her husband Philip despite being confirmed to be unable to conceive. We africans don't marry cos of emotional support, intimacy and connection, na just to born pikin. After the woman don born finish, no more love, na to start to call each other mama Tunde and papa Tunde
true talk

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by johncallidon(m): 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
may God answer us (me & wify) soonest. may we never end this year without our Twins being delivered unto us. Amen..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Chuknovski(m): 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
thank God for blessing me with a child, I remember how people monitored my wife for a year plus, but thank God for not shaming us

4 Likes

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by praiseneo(m): 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
saphiere:
Don't live to please the society.

The FUTURE is FEMALE
ok
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Liposure: 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
Calitoscassius:
This long article is irrelevant to me, as i ve aready had six kids from 4 different women. cool

Maybe the article would be relevant to the guy below me. grin
i'm on my sixth babymama

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by otokx(m): 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
Is this just an African or Nigerian thing?
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Calitoscassius(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2021
Liposure:
i'm on my sixth babymama
Good! I am behind i will catch up with you soon. grin
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by oloyedewaris(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2021
MIMOSAXY:
May Almighty Allah make it easy for everyone trying to conceive
Aameen ya Allah
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Slimsly100(f): 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
When unu go get belle........

The one wey dey taya me na who don born one pikin before, u go dey here yen yen yen....this pikin don reach to senior another one o. When unu go born another one?
Yeye people everywhere angry

3 Likes

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Iwantpeace: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
johncallidon:
may God answer us (me & wify) soonest.
may we never end this year without our Twins being delivered unto us. Amen..
Amen n Amen ..

3 Likes

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by BRATISLAVA: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
saphiere:
Am I child giver?

You have given the right response.

If what that guy posted is what you really said about your past, it is impressive that you can share it so freely.

Don't mind him mocking you:
he may be responsible for abortions himself or making a woman a mocked person due to single motherhood in Nigeria.

Hopefully other ladies will learn from you.
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by BRATISLAVA: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
GboyegaD:
Blame the husband. He has the right to protect his family from externalities and whoever tried that with them should be cut off.

Cutting them off is a little extreme.

Besides, this is a Nigerian problem that starts the moment a lady gets to 25. They plague her with "when will you get married", they conclude she's bad that's why it has not happened. There's a lot of pressure.

So if she gets married and can't get pregnant it's even more pressure, because children are the ultimate in the setup. Pressure, pressure, pressure.

I've always wondered how couples who finally have children after 15 or 20 years coped. Must be hell on Earth for them, especially with other people flaunting their children.

If only alternate conception methods were not seen as bad things...

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by jamesbridget13(f): 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Even though I n hubby was not really concerned about womb watchers d fact still remains dat were trying n it wasn't clicking. In d fourth month we even had to visit d doctor n he told us until after one year of trying without result can any case of infertility be established.

We were given some medications that cost almost nothing then I d woman was asked to do hormonal imbalance test n my hubby was to do that of sperm count.

My hubby had done his but I will have to wait till immediately after my next cycle to run mine. My people na day fifth month d thing click. I didn't have to run mine again till today

Womb watchers can make u feel like 5 months is 500 months Sha. N d mind self may be as Africans as we are follow worsen d matter. Ur mind go dey tell u plenty things. grin

7 Likes

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Frales6(f): 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
honestly e no dey easy for couples without children, but God dey

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by BruncleZuma: 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Couples who do not advertise their lives to strangers on the internet, do not have these issues and we are perplexed.

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by mayor1814: 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
Very good and sensitive piece. appreciate u OP
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by ddeola: 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
Na so our people dey o, dem no dey mind dier business. From the time dey notice you and the woman dey parole dem go don dey watch. Even when you do intro/engagement and wedding, dem ge dey watch even if dem no dey close enough o ask you.

It's all because our culture celebrate children in marriages but it can be very serious if you are at the receiving end.

May God bless all marriages with wonderful children (That is for those who choose to have children).

3 Likes

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Iwantpeace: 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Couples who do not advertise their lives to strangers on the internet, do not have these issues and we are perplexed.
Whether you advertise or not ooo.. what of neighbours, in-laws or friends around u who are offline

2 Likes

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by RIDOO: 2:39pm On Apr 18, 2021
Slimsly100:
When unu go get belle........

The one wey dey taya me na who don born one pikin before, u go dey here yen yen yen....this pikin don reach to senior another one o. When unu go born another one?
Yeye people everywhere angry

Years back due to situation of things after wedding... l and hubby decided to space our 2nd born..so for over 3 years we didn't have another baby... that was how one of my friends sister told me point blank that she she would get agbo for my hubby that she feels he can't perform perfectly... infact l was short of words.
Despite the fact that it was a mutual decision bet hubby n l ...l felt very bad n insulted.If it was to be a natural delay ...l don't know how sad it could have caused me that day.Some people don't have manners at all..even if you wanted to ask or comment on things like that it must be done with wisdom so that the person involved won't be offended..Why should you even ask?My prayers goes to people looking for the fruit of the womb that as the lord put a new song into Hannah's mouth...so shall He put to your's in no time IJN AMEN.

9 Likes

Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
takimsipho:
The mama Tunde and pap Tunde thing can be very annoying. That alone is enough to kill the love between husband and wife.
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Iwantpeace:
I can totally relate..last year by this time I was in the same shoes for a marriage less than 6 month old .. started getting pressures from my sisters in law, my brother in law who was living with me , even my mom I became prayer point.. anytime I meet with my husband it was only for the sole purpose of procreation instead of enjoying ourselves first.. I will meet with my husband at least 2 times a day for a straight one week of my ovulation (days before n after).. hence it causes me waist pain n all. I avoided social media esp WhatsApp because of questions from friends who make comments like ' by now you should be heavily pregnant o ' bla bla. I hated myself anytime I see my monthly flow but thank God it's now history.i can only imagine those who are waiting for more than 3 years upward.. If u are able to read this my comment pls never u whether u are joking or not ask a couple abt their fertility status few weeks, months or years after wedding infact never ever ... keep ur curiosity to yourself..
They won't stop asking. A friend of man's who's barley one year into marriage was lamenting to me how everyone keeps asking her what's keeping them from getting pregnant. She has started frequenting the hospital and having sleepless nights. I didn't even know how to advice her to stay calm. Because she didn't seem to be listening to me. The only thing I told her was that if since you are sure she and her husband are medically healthy, she should calm down and relax her mind so that she can take in.
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by Iwantpeace: 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
They won't stop asking. A friend of man's who's barley one year into marriage was lamenting to me how everyone keeps asking her what's keeping them from getting pregnant. She has started frequenting the hospital and having sleepless nights. I didn't even know how to advice her to stay calm. Because she didn't seem to be listening to me. The only thing I told her was that if since you are sure she and her husband are medically healthy, she should calm down and relax her mind so that she can take in.
Anxiety too contribute to it .The best thing is to stay calm, have a strong mind against naysayers and most importantly put your trust in God Almighty.. one thing that episode thought me is that people must talk in this world no matter what you do or don't do .. just be yourself and be happy and forget about people.. every situation no matter how ugly it is will pass away
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
Iwantpeace:

Anxiety too contribute to it .The best thing is to stay calm, have a strong mind against naysayers and most importantly put your trust in God Almighty.. one thing that episode thought me is that people must talk in this world no matter what you do or don't do .. just be yourself and be happy and forget about people.. every situation no matter how ugly it is will pass away

people must talk o. The moment we understand that no matter what we do, people must talk, we will stop bothering about what people say about us anymore. Give birth few months after marriage, they will ay you used the pregnancy to tie the man. Wait for sometime after marriage, they will say the babe aborted all her babies. They don't even know if the couple want to settle somethings before bearing children.
Re: Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” by sweetrace(f): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2021
A number of Nigerians are not only womb watchers, but people watchers. They live their far from perfect lives and hound others who are minding their own business. A woman who is not married, mocking a newly married one fornot having kids. A housegirl mocking the very educated neighbor who probably lost her job. A Mai guard mocking tenants for their inability to pay rent on time. Smh!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

K-legs Or Bow Legs; Which One Is More Sexy To You? / My Mom Doesn't Appreciate Me. How Do I Handle This? / 7 Tips To Help First-time Parents Prepare Financially For A Newborn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.