Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos (33820 Views)

Soldiers Threaten To Shoot RRS Officers Over Covered Number Plates / Soldier Driving Against Traffic Beats A Man After Bashing His Car In Lagos / RRS Officers Administer First Aid Treatment To Two Hawkers Who Got Into A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by SarkinYarki: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
PigTormentor:
Try this with US police and you are DEAD already.

I swear you go chop like 30 rounds of hot lead

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by ojun50(m): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
give me names of the po@ice officers they must be promoted

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by CasNova: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
Some Nigerians take delight in doing the wrong things.

Say no to illegallity.

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Wickedfacts: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
Can he try this nonsense with Mopol guys?

I swear, RRS guys have disciple and restraint. This is not the first time I'm noticing this about them.

3 Likes

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by SarkinYarki: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
micflo28:
I love the officers composure. That guy in America would have been wrestled to the ground and cuffed. His car needs to be auctioned as a stiff warning for stupid kids who feel everything and everyone is beneath them. Daddy’s wealth can’t always save you. Samwo olu ensure the officer gets justice

In the US he would have been shot at least 30 times as he approached that commander
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by goshen26: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
incogni2o:
Is it only me that heard "You go loose your JOB"

Or did i hear JOB or Car

Seem as if they just entered Lagos.

Nevertheless, the forfeiture punishment is still too severe

No matter what the reason is, Forfeiture of your Vehicle is wrong.

Banning the person from driving for a time would have been more Logical.

IMO It is Heartless and Wicked to ask someone to forfeit his or her Vehicle due to a traffic offence and more so, sell it.

Corruption itself gradually creeping into our Laws

The punishment too severe wahala

But when are they gonna start arresting yellow bus

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by tribalmall: 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2021
In other words if the police did anything wrong in the course of an arrest pushing n shoving the officer is the next thing to do. Make I know add any other thing many who reason like you need brain check n that's coming from me that dislike
Nigeria police.

DonX001:
And I must commend the policeman's level of restraint despite provocation.

Though it's likely to be for 3 reasons:
1. The most important one is that he knew he was being videoed. And any mistake could likely cost him his job and even worse, land him in jail, maybe for life. Cos if he kills the guy, people will forget about the fact that he was driving one way, and focus on his excessive use of force and police brutality.
And it can trigger another EndSars.
So he had to keep calm, because he knew he was being videoed.

2. And he also knows that if he keeps calm and the video gets out, he will be hailed massively by the public for his restraint, and possibly rewarded and promoted for being a very example of good policing, and go still chop plenty money from the car owner for assault.
Plus he knows he or his colleagues can still beat heaven and hell out of the guy when they get to police station and there are no prying eyes or video cameras.
So he keeps calm.

3. It's also possible that he knows they've done something very wrong or bad to the guy while trying to arrest him, something they shouldn't have done.... that's why they're calm and gentle when the guy is reacting the way he did.
Cos they know if they attempt to retaliate, people around there might side with the guy because of what they've done, and join hands in beating them.
Police can be gentle when they know dem don fuckup, especially when they know they're being videoed.
That's why it's important to know the full story of exactly what happened before the guy assaulted the policemen, and before the video recording started.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by kingthreat(m): 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
Giltexo:
This officer deserves promotion....O boy his name na Endurance.. if na me be the officer we for don dey exchange blows...

If na me be the officer, I for throw one shot for air make he know say I get right defend myself.

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by PhilipReigns(m): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/Equityoyo/status/1383697416155668486?s=19

The driver has been arrested and his car impounded pending court proceeding. He risks jail time and his car auctioned according to the laws of the state worse is that the guy's friend even admitted that they passed one-way

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1383725084175572997?s=19
Chai see finish from civilians to police too much. Can those two guys dear confront an army man like that? They nor born them well!

3 Likes

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by lekki1444: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
micflo28:
I love the officers composure. That guy in America would have been wrestled to the ground and cuffed. His car needs to be auctioned as a stiff warning for stupid kids who feel everything and everyone is beneath them. Daddy’s wealth can’t always save you. Samwo olu ensure the officer gets justice
you guys keep talking about in america he would be shot. OK granted he may be shot, not all american police officers shoot people. the ones who shoot people are the ones who make the TV but kkeep in mind that for every one police officer capable of killing you in america there are a thousand who do their jobs pprofessionally. so a country with about 1 million police officers and we only get a case of police shooting like once a week ? you get me ? so the USA is sane

now this guy however ? the RRS officer did not shoot him but what he would face behind the scenes ? he would be better off if they had shot him. like 10 officer will beat him with planks, and they will remove almost all his teeth, and on top of that ? they will not give him the option to buy back his car because he assaulted an officer. its straight to auction straight and the proceeds put in LASG coffers. so he may end up being disabled from all the beating and then he has no car. maybe someone will take pity on him and buy him a disabled wheelchair cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Asquare84(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
Police is going through alot in Nigeria
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by AfonjaConehead: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
incogni2o:
Is it only me that heard "You go loose your JOB"

Or did i hear JOB or Car

Seem as if they just entered Lagos.

Nevertheless, the forfeiture punishment is still too severe

No matter what the reason is, Forfeiture of your Vehicle is wrong.

Banning the person from driving for a time would have been more Logical.

IMO It is Heartless and Wicked to ask someone to forfeit his or her Vehicle due to a traffic offence and more so, sell it.

Corruption itself gradually creeping into our Laws

What's does IMO stand for?
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Komu1048(m): 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2021
DonX001:
Unfortunately, we don't know the full story here.
I don't trust police guys when it comes to recording. They may have started recording from the part where it favours the police guys story, and ignored the things the police guys did that triggered that response. And then released that part of the video alone to sleep public opinion.

For example- if a policeman shoots someone or some people senselessly like they do sometimes, and is being beaten by the crowd, and someone starts videoing the situation only from where they are beating the policeman, you would be inclined to side with the policeman just from seeing that part of the video.

Though I'm not holding brief for the guy o.
The guy's action is unacceptable and should not be tolerated on any count, however, something must have likely happened to get them enraged to that extent.
It is not just a regular case of "you pass one way and were stopped by police".
I can hear the guys shouting "you wan kill us", "you've damaged my car", "we've been here since yesterday", etc....so it's obvious something happened that triggered that extent of rage from the 2 boys.

I will like to hear the full story and the guys side of the story before passing judgement.
Cos I don't trust police and their recordings, they can easily manipulate things to suit their narrative and get public sympathy.

I hate this new one way law ehn. Did you know that you can enter a lot of road when you see people entering and the you are bombed that it is one way. Some might be as a result of the position you enter the road. Some of these roads don't have a sign to warn you off. My car have been arrested like 4times for this one way thing n I am always hurt to the bone but las las you just have to beg. U drop between 30- 10k as settlement and move. The only time I stood my ground and enter their stupid mobile court I regretted my action. They finish my account that day.

I didn't see all this your assumption coming to play here. Cox the guy is irritated by the sight of the officer and wouldn't even allow them get close to his car. All this. You want kill us? Since yesterday. Are normal Nigeria rant to gain pity

3 Likes

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by EasternActivist: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
tamdun:

It is the law, drive one way and ur car is gone

Too extreme.

All these are foundation to corruption.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by lekki1444: 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
iamademola:
That’s 4 points area in Oniru . They just reconstructed that road. Now it’s one way if you want to head out to lekki express

2 weeks ago I was apprehended there.

I finished a meeting in tec Expert , in a haste to attend another meeting in lekki . I headed in the one way

Immidiately I noticed it’s one way I tried to reverse and turn but those task force are already chasing my car with their truck , Las las they hold me

Drove me to ilasan Jakande , that lastman office Omo I paid 50K cash before they release my vehicle. After 2 wasted hours
omo that 50k for feed you for 2 weeks nicely. even 1 month. dem just collect food from your mouth grin

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by AfonjaConehead: 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Wickedfacts:
Can he try this nonsense with Mopol guys?

I swear, RRS guys have disciple and restraint. This is not the first time I'm noticing this about them.

Have you also noticed and counted all the skyscrapers in Lagos??

UsmanDanBokoyiboOkoyibo grin
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by incogni2o: 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

In My Opinion
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
Imagine an unarmed civilian assaulting a police officer with gun.... Omo madness get level. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

The RRS guy should be commended.

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Wickedfacts: 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Have you also noticed and counted all the skyscrapers in Lagos??

UsmanDanBokoyiboOkoyibo grin

How is this related to the post? When they refuse to feed you people well at infancy, you grow up showing all shades of stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Govocrete: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
The government should install one way sign everywhere
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Wickedfacts: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Lmaoooo. Olodo

There is nothing inside your head.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by incogni2o: 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
lekki1444:
and whats the logic in that ? i drove for a year in nigeria before getting my drivers license.

That doesnt make what you did Legal, or is it?

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
some foolish people here talking dont even know what transpired even by watching the video. until you hear the account of all partirs involved dont judge. because some people come to an area for the first time and dont know its one way traffic plus there is no signs to show them so, even if there are sometimes its always very small and almost impossible to see. i am saying this from experience. on two occassions i have been accousted by police and taskforce. one of which was i did not know it was one way and i have not even entered my vehicle was just at the entrance of the street. the second time was that the road i knew very well was a double way street became one way and i had no single clue this has changed and the sign was very amidst obstructions making it impossible to see, na so these people jump on me.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by DonX001: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Imo state nau, lol.

Actually, they're just abbreviations.

IMO= In my opinion
IMHO= In my humble opinion.

Cheers.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Originalsly: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
iamademola:

That’s 4 points area in Oniru . They just reconstructed that road. Now it’s one way if you want to head out to lekki express

This is a problem. If the road was a two way... and now made a One-Way ... how should motorists know if no signs are posted? The driver shouldn't even be charged... and even if charged... it should be dismissed in court.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by lekki1444: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
incogni2o:

That doesnt make what you did Legal, or is it?
yes but where is the punishment ? if he can still drive his car illegally ? but if you take his car he cant drive it
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Angrygoat: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
Edo boys. Dem get action. Unlike afonjas
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by dizzzzy14: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
This happen here because we are all afraid to take a strong step, I have seen where lastma and police make people take one way or wrong way and their fellow in front will stop u why the one that said u can follow there disappear, God know the day any one will mess up with me, I will get a very cheap car, ring it will gas and fuel in the trunk and purposely take one way so that they take the vehicle to their office and the rest I history. In america a man was oppressed by police and a lot of police pay with their life. I will kill ur kids, ur family and leave u alive to let u know u have killed ur generation by been stupid.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by lekki1444: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
Komu1048:

I hate this new one way law ehn. Did you know that you can enter a lot of road when you see people entering and the you are bombed that it is one way. Some might be as a result of the position you enter the road. Some of these roads don't have a sign to warn you off. My car have been arrested like 4times for this one way thing n I am always hurt to the bone but las las you just have to beg. U drop between 30- 10k as settlement and move. The only time I stood my ground and enter their stupid mobile court I regretted my action. They finish my account that day.

I didn't see all this your assumption coming to play here. Cox the guy is irritated by the sight of the officer and wouldn't even allow them get close to his car. All this. You want kill us? Since yesterday. Are normal Nigeria rant to gain pity
grin grin grin grin
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by incogni2o: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
lekki1444:
yes but where is the punishment ? if he can still drive his car illegally ? but if you take his car he cant drive it

Please dont respond naively, be thoughtful for goodness sake.

If I follow your logic, cant he get another car to Drive too and that in turn wouldn't be Illegal or would it?

You may decide to go down that rabbit hole, but I'll not spend my time replying

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by iamademola(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
lekki1444:
omo that 50k for feed you for 2 weeks nicely. even 1 month. dem just collect food from your mouth grin

God pass them my brother
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by lekki1444: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
Angrygoat:
Edo boys. Dem get action. Unlike afonjas
afonja get wisdom. that edo boy go chop beating for police station from afonja police grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Travelers Defeat Zamfara Bandits, Kill One, Retrieve 2 AK-47 Rifles / Man Gives Up His House To Appease A god After Raping Pregnant Lady / Woman Stabs Husband To Death During Argument In Adamawa State (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.