Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos (33817 Views)

Soldiers Threaten To Shoot RRS Officers Over Covered Number Plates / Soldier Driving Against Traffic Beats A Man After Bashing His Car In Lagos / RRS Officers Administer First Aid Treatment To Two Hawkers Who Got Into A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by richeeyo(m): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
swimnigeria:

Oga, what exactly did I lie about?

I don enter and out....

I repeat... Lagos State traffic law, particularly the On-way law, na for who no get connect.....

One call, I'm out...... Na u Sabi if u no gree shocked

Just shut up okay

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by wiseoneking: 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
PigTormentor:
Try this with US police and you are DEAD already.
Not what you think.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Kent2020: 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
incogni2o:

Before my next response, If I may ask, Do you Drive? Or rather do have have your own Car?

Be honest with me pls
Yes bro,I have my car.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by DonX001: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
arsenal33:
You heard the full story. Why pretending?
Lol, the full story is not yet narrated.
All we heard is the Twitter person saying they were driving one way and were caught and started ranting. Chikena.
While that's possible, it's not very likely given the amount of rage the boys were exhibiting.
I'll like to hear from the boys at the very minimum, we need to hear their version of events before you can judge.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by dederocs(m): 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
Mumu boy
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Oju4190: 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
Haaaa d police fall my hand.....He for fire the guy straight away....Sending him back to his creator
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by IbnBattuta1960: 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
shanktang:

It's an assault against the police or law enforcement officials and not battery, no harm, just to let you know.
Thanks. It was just to give an idea...
Glad you got the drift.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2021
jeruba:
you fool!!!...if something had happened now,you same bastard will still say “and police see am but dem no stop am”....foolish idiot...hypocrite...that’s what you all are,ungrateful hypocrites

Thank you.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
PLEASE!
Who has the details of this assaulted NIGERIAN POLICE OFFICER....
Contact details or Email Address.
I really need to reach out to him.
I want to pay the SCHOOL Fees of any of his 2 kids at least for 3years.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Police have the right by law to stop drivers committing traffic offences, they are also within their rights to ask for drivers license or car insurance when they deem fit. Nothing wrong with this

Ok. Thanks.
I raed otherwise.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by damosky12(m): 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
incogni2o:
Is it only me that heard "You go loose your JOB"

Or did i hear JOB or Car

Seem as if they just entered Lagos.

Nevertheless, the forfeiture punishment is still too severe

No matter what the reason is, Forfeiture of your Vehicle is wrong.

Banning the person from driving for a time would have been more Logical.

IMO It is Heartless and Wicked to ask someone to forfeit his or her Vehicle due to a traffic offence and more so, sell it.

Corruption itself gradually creeping into our Laws.

I wish I can take the government to Court on that.

Edited

To you guys quoting me and giving reasons why the Cars should, I refuse to respond to you because its obvious you don't sound reasonable but rather bitter envious, wicked and hateful and without empathy.

All I sense is that you are not different from the wicked ones who lobbied for that that inhumane law.

Sooner or later, I hope life teaches your naive and myopic minds that "Cutting the head off doesn't cure Headache".

Absolutely. Thank God we have sane people around.

Corruption is indeed creeping into our laws. Taking over someone else's property just because they disobeyed traffic laws is rather barbaric. It's like the kind of punishment you expect of a 15th century tyrant. Whoever passed such laws is either plain stupid or insensitively cruel.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by damosky12(m): 7:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

cheesy He would have been shot by the American police. Their training and right extends to defending themselves in danger. They have killed for far less.

You wouldn't hear this happening often because it's become a culture to teach even teenagers how to interact with the police, especially in communities with people of color. Even those guys will know better than to misbehave in that fashion.

Let's even assume he could have gone free by assaulting the officer. Returning to his car would have had him shut dead because with his level of hyperactivity, he could be reaching for a weapon or a gun. Again, the American police would defend themselves. It takes being alive to defend your nation.

The fit beat the guy like idiot for station o. I no dey dispute that one. BTW, you only see the ones that go viral in the US. Many other killings aren't as loud.

grin Too much CNN.

Ideally, American police would only shoot if the suspect has a weapon on them or if they are attempting to fetch a weapon.

It would be a crime for a US officer to shoot a criminal even for just pushing them. There are several options they have to deal with that. They jointly overpower them, use pepper spray, or use tasers on them.

It's cruel to think it'd be right for an officer of the state to shoot an unarmed citizen. That is rather barbaric.

Let's speak with knowledge abeg.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Mpanyi: 7:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
lekki1444:
you guys keep talking about in america he would be shot. OK granted he may be shot, not all american police officers shoot people. the ones who shoot people are the ones who make the TV but kkeep in mind that for every one police officer capable of killing you in america there are a thousand who do their jobs pprofessionally. so a country with about 1 million police officers and we only get a case of police shooting like once a week ? you get me ? so the USA is sane

now this guy however ? the RRS officer did not shoot him but what he would face behind the scenes ? he would be better off if they had shot him. like 10 officer will beat him with planks, and they will remove almost all his teeth, and on top of that ? they will not give him the option to buy back his car because he assaulted an officer. its straight to auction straight and the proceeds put in LASG coffers. so he may end up being disabled from all the beating and then he has no car. maybe someone will take pity on him and buy him a disabled wheelchair cheesy

You just didn't get it. I don't think anybody is saying policing in America is bad. No. Rather, people are trying to say there's enough justification to shoot the guy death. If I were a police officer in this case I don't think the guy would walk away alive. There are many reasons to have him shot. At least from the video. But what happened before that could also play roles in action I would take.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
damosky12:

grin Too much CNN.

Ideally, American police would only shoot if the suspect has a weapon on them or if they are attempting to fetch a weapon.

It would be a crime for a US officer to shoot a criminal even for just pushing them. There are several options they have to deal with that. They jointly overpower them, use pepper spray, or use tasers on them.

It's cruel to think it'd be right for an officer of the state to shoot an unarmed citizen. That is rather barbaric.

Let's speak with knowledge abeg.

Talking about knowledge, I expected you'll know there is no ideal situation anyway. Ideal represents the theoretical way it should be. There is no ideal system anywhere in the world.

Now that you know that, you should also know the American police is far from being perfect. If I can't count on evidences provided by mainstream media as CNN to make informed decisions about police indiscretion in the US, would you care to tell me which other I should bank on? Which news media do your get you ideal American Police news from?

It is common knowledge everywhere in the world, and not only in America, that no officer should shoot for being pushed and other options should be explored but there have been several killing by the police provoked by far less actions.

Daunte Wright, about 5 days ago, was shoot by a woman police for resisting arrest and jumping into his car to drive away. He was unarmed and just being silly. One would have thought it was because he was black.

There is a fresh police shooting of a 13 year old white boy in Chicago. He had a weapon but dropped it and had both hands raised. He was still shot dead about 24 hours ago. In your usual hypocritical habit, you blame CNN for reporting the news or anyone available and make the police the victim.

These two cases in just a week should teach you there is indeed no ideal situation anyway, not even in America. It should also teach you that the police are not robots and act based on instinct and discretion.

It's not right for the police to shoot an unarmed citizen but it could happen. It doesn't matter whether the police loses his job or goes to jail. The dead remains dead and it doesn't stop the next shooting of unarmed civilians if they feel threatened. If you don't understand this by now, it's mean you simply want to have your cake and eat it. Believe me, you can't.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Iykediallo: 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
U can't try this with a US police officer. Try it nd die
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Lifted1(m): 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
tribalmall:
Which of the 2 can you dare in the UK n USA we all admire ? Pls no de glorify your foolishness where I de. The forfeiture stand as passed by the Lagos state assembly. You wailing to death won't change it. Don't drive against traffic or on one way in Lagos. When you get to your state you can drive like lunatics all you like. E no concern nobody.

In the UK and US you're yapping about, a one way street will have a traffic sign prohibiting driving in a specific direction or indicating the right direction of travel. But you're too id!otic to process that.
Just another dingbat from some backwater hamlet, chest thumping on social media.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by thinkmoney(m): 11:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
othermen:
First, by taking one way, you put others life at risk.

But a female witness says no wrong, that it wasn't so.

The fellow (driver) doesn't admit_ but says even if there is a wrong, that doesn't justify the threat to their lives.
(What threat though? Perhaps before the video recording, perhaps in the apprehension of the culprit.)
He continues to mention this and lividly so, that he physically engages the police. Only someone who has been pushed towards death would be courageous to push back at a Nigerian police officer. The driver keeps asking if it is because of a traffic offence that he should be killed.

The law enforcer shows restrain, but perhaps...it is the sanity that often comes after doing a terrible wrong like shooting at an individual for traffic offense.

Assuming a mute audio, me say - kudos to the RRS official's'. Just doing the job really and goodly that some commendation is deserving.
Hopefully, more information comes in so that better judgment can be made.
I love u. I hope u are a lady anyways. U know I have taken time to analyse the major problem of Nigeria, and I have come to see that mumus are in the majority. The majority help bring about bad government and they still tacitly or in some cases actively egg them on
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Tycyborg(m): 4:51am On Apr 19, 2021
Yes it does... I was a victim of one way hit and run but thank God it's not a deadly one... Charity busstop he ran away and I was left with wound on my leg and my back.
Trust me if you are once a victim you will support it and know it's worth it... Another almost happened to me in Port Harcourt.... Amechi drive area close to Agip roundabout... I hate Port Harcourt for this stupid one way drive thing

incogni2o:

I get you Bro.

But this is not a question of did he do wrong?

Rather does the wrong warrant the penalty

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Powersurge: 5:26am On Apr 19, 2021
Can you imagine the immunity. If I carry gun and you pushed me like that, I will hit you with the gun so hard you could land in coma. What rubbish! You broke the law you still dey form Bruce Lee.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Unrated900(m): 6:16am On Apr 19, 2021
Them born your father to push SARS like that

Na tako tako tako for their head bastard

Warri boys wey just come Lagos

Lagos nor be Warri oooooo

This na Lagos where we respect the law
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by 3DCRL(m): 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
Shameless people ,they should be locked up and the key thrown away for driving on a one way .
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by 3DCRL(m): 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
Which kain wahala be this nah. RRS is now LASTMA?

The RRS/POLICE maintain law and order and I support them

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by egunna(m): 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2021
incogni2o:

Or did i hear JOB or Car

IMO It is Heartless and Wicked to ask someone to forfeit his or her Vehicle due to a traffic offence and more so, sell it.

Edited

To you guys quoting me and giving reasons why the Cars should, I refuse to respond to you because its obvious you don't sound reasonable but rather bitter envious, wicked and hateful and without empathy.

All I sense is that you are not different from the wicked ones who lobbied for that that inhumane law.

Sooner or later, I hope life teaches your naive and myopic minds that "Cutting the head off doesn't cure Headache".
u think the countries with capital punishment don't know what dey are doing abi?check those countries then check Nigeria
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by incogni2o: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
egunna:
u think the countries with capital punishment don't know what dey are doing abi?check those countries then check Nigeria

Offpoint.

Are we talking about capital Purnishment here, Or I don't Get.

OK Let them sentence anyone who passes One-way to death.

Are you happy now?
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by GerogeI(m): 9:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
I just passed that route few days ago, thank God one Lastma official waved me on, I was waiting for traffic light.

For a road that was initially two lane, if you come from sand fill on Ozumb, there is no way to know it is now a one way route, why should someone forfeit his or her car for that? Forfeiture should be based on deliberate intention to drive against traffic, not the many invisible one way traps littered on Lagos Island and Ikeja, which are usually after thoughts to manage very poor city plans.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
incogni2o:

Or did i hear JOB or Car

Edited

grin grin grin grin grin
A dumbass trying to sound smart
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by 3ljay: 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2021
power drunk with small change..small connection..small position..small fame..small control..

All Nigerians are oppressive...point blank period!
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Skepticus: 12:03am On Apr 20, 2021
DonX001:
And I must commend the policeman's level of restraint despite provocation.

Though it's likely to be for 3 reasons:
1. The most important one is that he knew he was being videoed. And any mistake could likely cost him his job and even worse, land him in jail, maybe for life. Cos if he kills the guy, people will forget about the fact that he was driving one way, and focus on his excessive use of force and police brutality.
And it can trigger another EndSars.
So he had to keep calm, because he knew he was being videoed.

2. And he also knows that if he keeps calm and the video gets out, he will be hailed massively by the public for his restraint, and possibly rewarded and promoted for being a very example of good policing, and go still chop plenty money from the car owner for assault.
Plus he knows he or his colleagues can still beat heaven and hell out of the guy when they get to police station and there are no prying eyes or video cameras.
So he keeps calm.

3. It's also possible that he knows they've done something very wrong or bad to the guy while trying to arrest him, something they shouldn't have done.... that's why they're calm and gentle when the guy is reacting the way he did.
Cos they know if they attempt to retaliate, people around there might side with the guy because of what they've done, and join hands in beating them.
Police can be gentle when they know dem don fuckup, especially when they know they're being videoed.
That's why it's important to know the full story of exactly what happened before the guy assaulted the policemen, and before the video recording started.

Your analysis was on point.

No. 2 happened!

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by charlesucheh(m): 12:57am On Apr 20, 2021
When I first heard ''you go lose your job'' I thought they have strings to pull at ASO rock o! Not until I discovered they were just useless uneducated bunch of novice looking for sympathizers thinking a minor charade of #Endsars might happen.

Them camera uña when assaulting those officers ahbi?

But they will switch off all cameras when kobokolizing your Butts in police cells. and you will still do the time in jail. stupid boys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Gives Up His House To Appease A god After Raping Pregnant Lady / Woman Stabs Husband To Death During Argument In Adamawa State (graphic Photos) / Kidnappers Arrested In Isiala Mbano In Imo State - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.