Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos (33810 Views)

Soldiers Threaten To Shoot RRS Officers Over Covered Number Plates / Soldier Driving Against Traffic Beats A Man After Bashing His Car In Lagos / RRS Officers Administer First Aid Treatment To Two Hawkers Who Got Into A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by tribalmall: 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
Which of the 2 can you dare in the UK n USA we all admire ? Pls no de glorify your foolishness where I de. The forfeiture stand as passed by the Lagos state assembly. You wailing to death won't change it. Don't drive against traffic or on one way in Lagos. When you get to your state you can drive like lunatics all you like. E no concern nobody.

Lifted1:

Educate yourself.
there is a difference between driving against uncoming traffic on the opposite lane; and taking a one way street ( especially one without a one way sign).
The draconian forfeiture law is intended for the former

2 Likes

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Lucas4903: 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
You have no point. Zero point. You are only a crime apologist finding a way to justify lawlessness. The law is only created for would-be offenders and from ur rubbish u typed u only proved you are a would-be offenders in the future.

incogni2o:
Is it only me that heard "You go loose your JOB"

Or did i hear JOB or Car

Seem as if they just entered Lagos.

Nevertheless, the forfeiture punishment is still too severe

No matter what the reason is, Forfeiture of your Vehicle is wrong.

Banning the person from driving for a time would have been more Logical.

IMO It is Heartless and Wicked to ask someone to forfeit his or her Vehicle due to a traffic offence and more so, sell it.

Corruption itself gradually creeping into our Laws.

I wish I can take the government to Court on that.

Edited

To you guys quoting me and giving reasons why the Cars should, I refuse to respond to you because its obvious you don't sound reasonable but rather bitter envious, wicked and hateful and without empathy.

All I sense is that you are not different from the wicked ones who lobbied for that that inhumane law.

Sooner or later, I hope life teaches your naive and myopic minds that "Cutting the head off doesn't cure Headache".

2 Likes

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by richeeyo(m): 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
swimnigeria:

You're wrong. I live in Lagos and I don't just comment FYI.

cool

Alaye you lie
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by airsaylongcome: 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2021
brosom:
Look at what inpatient/lack of control has caused this one,

This one no be village ppl but him himself.

Now his car will be auctioned!!

Abeg its impatience in case of next time. I was wondering what an in-patient had to do with this
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by incogni2o: 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kent2020:
My brother, on no ground should a sane person drive one way,think about the pedestrians..

I get you Bro.

But this is not a question of did he do wrong?

Rather does the wrong warrant the penalty
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by incogni2o: 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
Lucas4903:
You have no point. Zero point. You are only a crime apologist finding a way to justify lawlessness. The law is only created for would-be offenders and from ur rubbish u typed u only proved you are a would-be offenders in the future.

You saying i am trying to justify lawlessness shows you either did not think before replying or your emotional sense controls you rather then logical sense which makes you someone difficult to reason with.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by crafteck(m): 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
incogni2o:

Or did i hear JOB or Car

IMO It is Heartless and Wicked to ask someone to forfeit his or her Vehicle due to a traffic offence and more so, sell it.

Edited

To you guys quoting me and giving reasons why the Cars should, I refuse to respond to you because its obvious you don't sound reasonable but rather bitter envious, wicked and hateful and without empathy.

All I sense is that you are not different from the wicked ones who lobbied for that that inhumane law.

Sooner or later, I hope life teaches your naive and myopic minds that "Cutting the head off doesn't cure Headache".

It shall not be well for the family and generation of anyone opposing you, how you go auctiin person sweat off, if the roads are good and traffic well controlled, would there be one way takers this much
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Petyprince: 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2021
[s]
incogni2o:

Edited

[/s]Trash

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by swimnigeria(m): 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
richeeyo:

Alaye you lie

Oga, what exactly did I lie about?

I don enter and out....

I repeat... Lagos State traffic law, particularly the On-way law, na for who no get connect.....

One call, I'm out...... Na u Sabi if u no gree shocked
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
Tadeus:
Lagos State government actually worked on RRS team. They are the best police unit in NPF. Well trained officers
if you dont getat of here.... Same idiots that extorted me and my colleague for overtaking them on admiralty way Lekki on friday afternoon. They were just cruising and were expecting me to cruise behind them (one trailer sounding RRS sedan with 4 police men). Which kain nonsense worked on were they worked on?
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by ZaramT: 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
If nah for South East now una for talk say nah IPOB/ESN boys. Next one whole barack will be released to go after them.

Police can't do anything because they know them (dem be one big oga boys).....dem no wan lose their job nah
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by incogni2o: 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2021
Petyprince:
[s][/s]Trash
Thanks
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
lekki1444:
you guys keep talking about in america he would be shot. OK granted he may be shot, not all american police officers shoot people. the ones who shoot people are the ones who make the TV but kkeep in mind that for every one police officer capable of killing you in america there are a thousand who do their jobs pprofessionally. so a country with about 1 million police officers and we only get a case of police shooting like once a week ? you get me ? so the USA is sane

now this guy however ? the RRS officer did not shoot him but what he would face behind the scenes ? he would be better off if they had shot him. like 10 officer will beat him with planks, and they will remove almost all his teeth, and on top of that ? they will not give him the option to buy back his car because he assaulted an officer. its straight to auction straight and the proceeds put in LASG coffers. so he may end up being disabled from all the beating and then he has no car. maybe someone will take pity on him and buy him a disabled wheelchair cheesy

cheesy He would have been shot by the American police. Their training and right extends to defending themselves in danger. They have killed for far less.

You wouldn't hear this happening often because it's become a culture to teach even teenagers how to interact with the police, especially in communities with people of color. Even those guys will know better than to misbehave in that fashion.

Let's even assume he could have gone free by assaulting the officer. Returning to his car would have had him shut dead because with his level of hyperactivity, he could be reaching for a weapon or a gun. Again, the American police would defend themselves. It takes being alive to defend your nation.

The fit beat the guy like idiot for station o. I no dey dispute that one. BTW, you only see the ones that go viral in the US. Many other killings aren't as loud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Kent2020: 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
incogni2o:

I get you Bro.

But this is not a question of did he do wrong?

Rather does the wrong warrant the penalty
yes it warrant more than the penalty. They should seize another of his property self..If you drive along cele mile 2 in the evening you will understand why I said the penalty is not enough

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by incogni2o: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kent2020:
yes it warrant more than the penalty. They should seize another of his property self..If you drive along cele mile 2 in the evening you will understand why I said the penalty is not enough

Before my next response, If I may ask, Do you Drive? Or rather do have have your own Car?

Be honest with me pls
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Blackdisciple(m): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Driving against traffic issa norm thing in Lagos. Anyone who doubt me come to Victoria Island or Ajah na.
The only reason why they arrested him was because he assaulted officer of the law.

We in Lagos know how it goes.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by brosom(m): 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Abeg its impatience in case of next time. I was wondering what an in-patient had to do with this
ok I hear u.
Thanks!! grin
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by brosom(m): 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2021
[quote author=nowhere post=100900595][/quote] thank u grin
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Theta1: 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2021
I have seen Lagos commissioner driving against the traffic just to go and Bleep his side Chick. If he can drive against the traffic, these guys can also drive against the traffic.
Let the example begin with our leaders.
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:
some foolish people here talking dont even know what transpired even by watching the video. until you hear the account of all partirs involved dont judge. because some people come to an area for the first time and dont know its one way traffic plus there is no signs to show them so, even if there are sometimes its always very small and almost impossible to see. i am saying this from experience. on two occassions i have been accousted by police and taskforce. one of which was i did not know it was one way and i have not even entered my vehicle was just at the entrance of the street. the second time was that the road i knew very well was a double way street became one way and i had no single clue this has changed and the sign was very amidst obstructions making it impossible to see, na so these people jump on me.

Totally understand this, and this should be an ongoing discussion as I have been a victim too, however in the context of this video it was all shades wrong to assault a police officer
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by drmikeadams(m): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

So it is a license to burn down.

So if u wear uniform wit outdated guns , its a licence to beat people up,bundle them into korope and rob them?
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by arsenal33: 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
DonX001:
Unfortunately, we don't know the full story here.
I don't trust police guys when it comes to recording. They may have started recording from the part where it favours the police guys story, and ignored the things the police guys did that triggered that response. And then released that part of the video alone to skew public opinion in their favour.

For example- if a policeman shoots someone or some people senselessly like they do sometimes, and is being beaten by the crowd, and someone starts videoing the situation only from where they are beating the policeman, you would be inclined to side with the policeman just from seeing that part of the video.

Though I'm not holding brief for the guy o.
The guy's action is unacceptable and should not be tolerated on any count, however, something must have likely happened to get them enraged to that extent.
It is not just a regular case of "you pass one way and were stopped by police".
I can hear the guys shouting "you wan kill us", "you've damaged my car", "we've been here since yesterday", etc....so it's obvious something happened that triggered that extent of rage from the 2 boys.

I will like to hear the full story and the guys side of the story before passing judgement.
Cos I don't trust police and their recordings, they can easily manipulate things to suit their narrative and get public sympathy.
You heard the full story. Why pretending?

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by drmikeadams(m): 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
incogni2o:

Before my next response, If I may ask, Do you Drive? Or rather do have have your own Car?

Be honest with me pls
grin grin

From his comment, u know d answer already grin

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by drmikeadams(m): 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
Originalsly:

That's like entrapment. In cases like this.... it is done on purpose. People need to like call up a TV station.... they're always looking for news.... let them know the area and the problem.... they will broadcast it and seek interview with the authorities. The person in charge will feel pressured to do something because he doesn't know who else above him watched the news and will be waiting to see if he will take action. If he doesn't his job may be in jeopardy and that he wouldn't want happen. The TV media is a veryyyy effective tool because it can put a spotlight on problems for all to see. Should you make a One Way sign... and place it at the beginning of the road where it should be... I can bet my life it will be pulled down ... by RRS .... and they will launch an investigation to find out who was responsible. Let's not go into the chargess that will follow.

Great suggestion
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by mich2012: 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
Dangerous thing to do...fighting a Nigerian policeman with a gun.

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
Be like na only RRS be the only law enforcement agents with normal head... I have been observing
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by joungblood(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
My brother you are so right, how can they just take someone's car and sell it because they break traffic law, this is so stupid and unheard of, this government are just crazy, yes they should be punished for breaking the traffic laws, either few weeks jail time, or payment of fine, but nit saying they forfeit a vehicle of millions, come on, how does it even make sense, this is very bad, smh, but then again, when have the government ever made a law that ever favor the people (never) smh

The policemen really deserve a raise or some accolades, that is how a police officer should act, with all the power they have and could have easily shot the guy because he attacked them first, they didn't and they maintained their composure. They are a good example of hoe the police force should be, not the ones way be say if u just even talk back at them, them go don dey shoot. Smh.. The driver guys sef are stupid o, you in the wrong and still fighting untop your wrong, smh. Somehow they deserve any punishment, smh

incogni2o:

Or did i hear JOB or Car

Edited

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by PoshTraveler: 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
incogni2o:

Or did i hear JOB or Car

Edited

they are all loosers. only a looser will support them to take another persons car for defaulting traffc

1 Like

Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by PoshTraveler: 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
Bouz:
As in ehh i shock too oh, e behaves like portharcourt brought up. That guy get luck he should come and try that nonsense at ikeja. he would regret why he was born. That guy is a fool. walaihi.
shut up there, ikeja that i slapped a police for delayign me?
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Dessy96: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
brosom:
Look at what inpatient/lack of control has caused this one,

This one no be village ppl but him himself.

Now his car will be auctioned!!

As in the guy is a big fool.... They'll sell his car ,still bill him heavily before they release him from panti.... In life only do gra gra where necessary
Re: Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos by Dessy96: 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
Aden777:
Idiots boys... una don buy market... Na that same policeman wey dey humble go first rush am blow for station.
Walai ���

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers Shoot 15-year-old Boy, Keke Operator Dead In Lagos / Parents Refuse To Press Charge Against Their 2-Year-Old's Rapist In Jos. See Why / Airport Official Arrested Over Attempt To Smuggle Suspected Drug Onboard Ibom Ai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.