Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

"It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" (8367 Views)

Who Wrote The New Testament ? / Who Wrote The New Testament? / Who Wrote The Bible And Why It Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by DeepSight(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2011
Lol, you dey mind me sef?
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by UyiIredia(m): 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2011
@ Deep Sight >>> cheesy cheesy cheesy yes o ! i do
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by PastorAIO: 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

correction. It's more of a paradox. I am just as guilty. hence my next quote

"Human beings are irrationally rational and rationally irrational. We have an innate means of contradicting ourselves."
- Uyi Iredia

I got this one after musing on a piece by Einstein that i have memorized. Here goes:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

BTW, I see nothing wrong with quoting myself. i use it as a means of expressing myself succinctly.

Sir, you have a fan. Imitation being the best form of flattery I shall start to do the same myself. What a brilliant way to express yourself.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by vescucci(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
It's difficult to learn anything from this section these days. Sigh.

Does it matter who wrote the bible? Well, if you're gonna treat it like Aesop's fables then of course not. But if you're gonna hang on every word dogmatically and hinge your life and afterlife on what it says then hell yes, it matters. It is my belief that God is not unreasonable and not everyone who rejects Christianity, for instance, because it's too fantastic for him does so because he is 'proud' as is often the favourite phrase. Faith comes from a foundation of proof and all the people I know who have genuine faith in something got that faith from a PERSONAL experience. Not because of some book or some Gandhi. It may well be from a passage in a book after all but that passage would resonate with the individual the way it wouldn't with anyone else.

The article was well written and it has a valid point. Scholars are the same with us. They just have plenty of scripture to back whatever hunch they have. It's by no means an exact science. If it was, they'd all be in agreement. The lesson here is we cannot tell beyond a shadow of a doubt that this and this are additions based on differences on writing style. The probability may be very high but it is not complete. Also here's a thought: we often think the bulk is the original and the tiny anomalies are the impurities, additions. What if the 'editors' wrote a whole lotta stuff around these 'impurities' leaving almost no trace of the original? Just a thought. The 'impurity' may be the original.

P.S. Does it occur to anyone that the author seems to be Jewish? I dunno. Is he?
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by PastorAIO: 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2011
vescucci:

It's difficult to learn anything from this section these days. Sigh.

Does it matter who wrote the bible? Well, if you're gonna treat it like Aesop's fables then of course not. But if you're gonna hang on every word dogmatically and hinge your life and afterlife on what it says then hell yes, it matters. It is my belief that God is not unreasonable and not everyone who rejects Christianity, for instance, because it's too fantastic for him does so because he is 'proud' as is often the favourite phrase. Faith comes from a foundation of proof and all the people I know who have genuine faith in something got that faith from a PERSONAL experience. Not because of some book or some Gandhi. It may well be from a passage in a book after all but that passage would resonate with the individual the way it wouldn't with anyone else.

It is those resonances that are my key points of interest. I think I said this previously on the thread but can it be a coincidence that the 2 things that have most often caused man to excel himself (in good things as well as in evil things) have been Love (or lust) and Religion. And I am not even sure that the 2 things are that different sef.
Look at all the great architecture from around the world, they were either built because someone had the hots for someone (eg the Taj Mahal) or due to someone's religious devotion. Listen to all the greatest music, look at all the greatest art. It is either erotica or religious devotion.

My question is, What is it about religion that causes man to excel himself in this way?

P.S. Does it occur to anyone that the author seems to be Jewish? I dunno. Is he?
Seems to have escaped a number of people. Yes he says he is Jewish. And yes, that fact has a bearing on what texts exactly it is that he calls the bible.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by vescucci(m): 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
Mein Gott! It is so easy to communicate with you, Pastor.

I agree with the point that love (I discount lust and class religion as love too , merely of some deity) causes man to excel himself. Or debase himself. Inasmuch as they can be factors to bring out the best in us, they're also the same things that bring out the worst in us. For instance, I find it that the only time I'm capable of hate is in defense of someone I love. I can easily dislike someone who doesn't like someone I like. I digress.

My point is this: coincidence or not, it doesn't prove anything because evil is also resultant of religion. I think man has achieved some great things in spite of religion and not because of it. If you think of the ancient Egyptians and their mummies and pyramid, you still will be awed. No one knows how they did those things. It is due to religion. But algebra and many breakthroughs made in Arabia did not happen because of Islam any more than Christianity helped Farraday or Judaism/pantheism/whatever-the-dude-was-into helped Einstein. It is a bitter pill to swallow but most of the contemporary scientific breakthroughs are made by atheists, agnostics, skeptics and nominal whatevers. The progress due to religion is apparent but the regress is not, for you cannot miss what never was. The world is changing. The middle east is clamoring for secularism. Religion will soon be what it ought to be, a deeply personal affair. We may be heading towards that apocalypse. We may be heading towards utopia. No one knows how much better the world would have been without religion. It may well be worse. But I doubt it.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by zataxs: 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2011
@Sweetnecta unfortunately, the quran is just a bastardized version of the christian bible. And even though it is supposed to be more recent, the idea of keeping to the original text and language has meant it has escaped the benefits of revision.

Satanic verses is a work of fiction. Is there anyone else here who has actually read this book? You'd need to be covered by the blindness of religion not to see it is just a simple book. If you take everything you read so seriously and you verify and compare you would not wait for people like me to reveal the overwhelming errors in the Quran, and you'd clearly see how it has a poor sense of morality and clearly no logical way of right from wrong. Much like its fore-bearers.

it doesn't matter who wrote the bible?? of course it does. Because without putting it to its historical period and the location where those barbaric peasants and herdsmen plagiarized from other texts, then you'd obviously not understand why it is so badly written and it is so barbaric.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by DeepSight(m): 6:24pm On Apr 29, 2011
Supposition:

Pastor AIO:

My question is, What is it about religion that causes man to excel himself in this way?

Rebuttal:

vescucci:

My point is this: coincidence or not, it doesn't prove anything because evil is also resultant of religion.

Supposition:

Pastor AIO:

Yes he says he is Jewish. And yes, that fact has a bearing on what texts exactly it is that he calls the bible.

Rebuttal:

It is the simple fact that even if he was referring to the Torah only, he is still elucidating a principle. That principle is that scholastic criticism of the identity of scriptural authors is inessential. . . . That principle is what I have stated to be a wrong principle:. . . . .[size=20pt]And this remains true whether the scripture referred to in the OP was even from the Holy Quoran or the Bhagavad Gita![/size]  

Chai, YOU NO DEY HEAR?
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by PastorAIO: 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2011
vescucci:

Mein Gott! It is so easy to communicate with you, Pastor.

Some would disagree, but I won't mention Deepsight's name otherwise he will accuse me of picking on him!  (and it's been a while since I've been addressed as God or Gott, but hey ho)

vescucci:

I agree with the point that love (I discount lust and class religion as love too , merely of some deity) causes man to excel himself. Or debase himself. Inasmuch as they can be factors to bring out the best in us, they're also the same things that bring out the worst in us. For instance, I find it that the only time I'm capable of hate is in defense of someone I love. I can easily dislike someone who doesn't like someone I like. I digress.

But by love I didn't just mean the Agape love, I meant Erotic Love.  Lust.  Quite possibly it has a part to play in almost every aspect of human behaviour.  
(shades of Freud's Id perhaps).

vescucci:

My point is this: coincidence or not, it doesn't prove anything because evil is also resultant of religion. I think man has achieved some great things in spite of religion and not because of it. If you think of the ancient Egyptians and their mummies and pyramid, you still will be awed. No one knows how they did those things. It is due to religion. But algebra and many breakthroughs made in Arabia did not happen because of Islam any more than Christianity helped Farraday or Judaism/pantheism/whatever-the-dude-was-into helped Einstein. It is a bitter pill to swallow but most of the contemporary scientific breakthroughs are made by atheists, agnostics, skeptics and nominal whatevers. The progress due to religion is apparent but the regress is not, for you cannot miss what never was. The world is changing. The middle east is clamoring for secularism. Religion will soon be what it ought to be, a deeply personal affair. We may be heading towards that apocalypse. We may be heading towards utopia. No one knows how much better the world would have been without religion. It may well be worse. But I doubt it.

But it does prove something.  It proves that while it might not affect a person's moral compass, it will have the effect of turbo-boosting his activities in whatever direction he is orientated in.  
I think I've failed to properly express what I meant when I said that religion and sex drives us to excel.  I think a distinction should be made between activities such as discoveries, and activities of self-expression, especially through art.  

The technologies used to build the pyramids may not have been acquired via religion, but the building of the pyramids themselves are an expression of religion.  
Yet having said that, I do not think that the discoveries of science are an altogether unspiritual experience.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by DeepSight(m): 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Some would disagree, but I won't mention Deepsight's name otherwise he will accuse me of picking on him!

LOL! Actually, i don't disagree. Your communication style is easy to follow, I have no problems with that. I just wish you wouldn't shut down and then explode in fits and starts.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by zataxs: 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2011
@Pastor AIO

If Islam is what made muslims build Dome of the Rock does it make it Islam a good thing. What then of the Aztec religions?

So even if, though I disagree, that religion may have resulted in progress (religion has an uncanny tendencies of trying to attribute credit to itself when it is clearly not due), We need to ask ourselves, at what cost? , Ask Galileo.

It is too expensive. we cant just sit down and force ourselves to give the church credit on some pieces of art and ignore the atrocities and outright blocking of progress e.g stem cell.

religion is at odds with science. and with progress.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by PastorAIO: 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
zataxs:

@Pastor AIO

If Islam is what made muslims build Dome of the Rock does it make it Islam a good thing. What then of the Aztec religions?

So even if, though I disagree, that religion may have resulted in progress (religion has an uncanny tendencies of trying to attribute credit to itself when it is clearly not due), We need to ask ourselves, at what cost? , Ask Galileo.

It is too expensive. we cant just sit down and force ourselves to give the church credit on some pieces of art and ignore the atrocities and outright blocking of progress e.g stem cell.

I never said Islam was a good thing, or any religion for that matter. I said it would give a turbo-boost to your orientation, I didn't say it would give you that orientation. ( I don't know the dome of the rock, I know the Kaaba stone though, but I'll google dome of the rock later).

I never said religion resulted in progress.

I'm not sure if stem cell is progress. In fact on the issue of progress one must first establish a goal and then (only then) can we say whether we are progressing towards the goal or not.

"Religion is at dods with science. and with progress.", so you say. Can you back this statement up?
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by DeepSight(m): 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2011
Passion is what I would say gives a turbo boost. Religion does ignite passion in many people. . . through the ages it probably is true that more havoc has been wrought by religiously inspired passion, than good.

Terribly high amount of havoc, infact.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Sweetnecta: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2011
[Quote]« #137 on: Today at 06:46:09 PM »

Quote from: Pastor AIO on Today at 06:39:31 PM
Some would disagree, but I won't mention Deepsight's name otherwise he will accuse me of picking on him!

LOL! Actually, i don't disagree. Your communication style is easy to follow, I have no problems with that. I just wish you wouldn't shut down and then explode in fits and starts.[/Quote]and he denied worshiping him. you dont have to bow down to your idol before you worship it. you only have to revere and exaggerate the actual status of what is your idol. example; cheistians to jesus. catholics to mary in addition. a wife who says yes to every thing, including the evil her husband may commit. the same goes for the husband. if you love money to pieces you are worshiping it. like the jews who cant let a kobo go without wanting to pocket it. i see the youth in your misbehavior. so i overlook everything.

@zataxs « #138 on: Today at 07:20:37 PM »
[Quote]@Pastor AIO

If Islam is what made muslims build Dome of the Rock does it make it Islam a good thing. What then of the Aztec religions?[/Quote]dome of the rock is a mosque that housed the rock. no one pay too much attention to the rock. it receives less attention than the Kaaba, which is the Quibla; direction is the meaning of Quibla. Kaaba is located in Haraam Mosque, just like the rock is located in the Dome of the Rock Mosque.

[Quote]So even if, though I disagree, that religion may have resulted in progress (religion has an uncanny tendencies of trying to attribute credit to itself when it is clearly not due), We need to ask ourselves,  at what cost? , Ask Galileo.

religion is at odds with science. and with progress.[/Quote]i wonder if this fella realizes that Islam allows stem cell research as long as it is not a process to foster 'playing God'? Islam is never at odd in real progress.

[Quote],  bring them here and slaughter them before me.’” Luke 19:27[/Quote]you need to quote the complete verse. if you are intending to be honest, go all out.

@Pastor AIO « #139 on: Today at 07:35:48 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: zataxs on Today at 07:20:37 PM
@Pastor AIO

So even if, though I disagree, that religion may have resulted in progress (religion has an uncanny tendencies of trying to attribute credit to itself when it is clearly not due), We need to ask ourselves,  at what cost? , Ask Galileo.

I never said Islam was a good thing, or any religion for that matter.  I said it would give a turbo-boost to your orientation, I didn't say it would give you that orientation.  ( I don't know the dome of the rock, I know the Kaaba stone though, but I'll google dome of the rock later).

I never said religion resulted in progress.[/Quote]it is islam that brought the arabs out of the caves of civilization to the peak of it as long they focused on what Muhammad [as] brought. it is the moving away from islam that brought down the 'muslims' [these days most are by name and tradition of birth/family] and plunged the arabs in the malaise that they are in, today. i am sure that in your mind it is ifa and opele that are the real religion combo. if you do not even know about dome of the rock, evidently you dont know about Al Aqsa Mosque, too. what do you know about islam while you have been play a pundit?

[Quote]I'm not sure if stem cell is progress.  In fact on the issue of progress one must first establish a goal and then (only then) can we say whether we are progressing towards the goal or not.

"Religion is at dods with science. and with progress.", so you say.  Can you back this statement up?[/Quote]can you back up your 'satanic verse' from the Quran?
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by DeepSight(m): 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2011
I say name your price na
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Sweetnecta: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^ You are still in school, being pampered by mom and dad, or you are on your own, so that i will know how eager you are to commit financial harakiri?

which state are you from so that i can know how to make the people hate you after you have bankrupted them by bankrolling your offer?

what country are you from, because the chaos you will bring about to her citizen, they will think the worst of the almajiris is financial paradise?

i do hope you are not from continental africa because i will hate to see the people being classified as fifth world?

i hope you are from another planet, the reason you do not have a really deep sight when you throw out this type of challenge thinking that my price is within you reach? in reality, it isn't. you will turn your society to a community of destitute if i name my price and they assist you to fulfill such a demand.

again is your youth that is running ring around you. everyone has a price. price of some people are jaw dropper. enjoy your show.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
Interesting thread.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by zataxs: 1:18am On Apr 30, 2011
Why are we threatening each other and getting all personal. This is the problem of religion. taking things to heart, instead of reasoning things out. in fact, taking things to weapons.

@Sweetnecta Islam vs Christianity is like pitting your left hand against your right. It really does not make sense, considering they are all so similar. It is very self defeating. they all stem from Judaism and they all carry forward the same fundamental flaws. It is an extremely retrogressive argument and serves no purpose at all. With or without the differences, religion has always and will always be at odds not only with science but with knowledge as a whole. Christianity perhaps benefits from the fact that most of its followers don't take it seriously and don't even know its bible. We just need to start taking religion less seriously.

@Pastor AIO
Stem cell is of course progress, just read about it online,

Maybe you are just pretending not to know about the conflict of science and the religion. I really doubt that you'd miss substantial evidence of this. From stem cells, which you are opposing here, to condoms for aids, ottoman empire stalled its progress because of religion etc etc we can go through specific examples if you want, but this stuff is all over the net. are you really saying this because you don't know?
Granted, some works of art have "passion" but this is not confined to only religious pieces and differently not within certain religion. Michelangelo's talent was not as a result of God's hand but Michelangelo's hand. And his passion, his brains, that's why we celebrate him. Not every religions person can draw. Not every non-religious person can draw. drawing has connection with religion. Probably more with culture. But mostly it is just talent.

I think there is a big misunderstanding of what the significance and importance of religion is. Religion had done a lot of good things. and this window for this post does not have enough room to write all of them. No one is denying this. Gregor Mendel was a monk and a scientist. There are many muslims scientists who have done amazing things. Religions, Islam, Christianity, have done very great things. And that's why you are all up in arms defending religion.

But so did slavery. slavery resulted in cheap labour which in turn enabled rapid development.

The fact that something resulted in something good happening especially in the past does not mean, whatever it is, is still good and relevant now. It also does not mean we will forget it, if we adopt something better and more relevant now. This argument has to have a modern inclination and it must look at the impact (mostly bad) of religion now. Otherwise, if we want to talk about great historical events, we might as well talk about the Egyptians.

we cannot overlook the atrocities committed by religion today just because they "allow" certain things.

about:
bring them here and slaughter them before me.’” Luke 19:27
you need to quote the complete verse. if you are intending to be honest, go all out. hahahah there isn't enough space allowed for the signature.
This is if course the evil parts of religions text that many would like to see hidden. You can read the whole verse if you like.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by JeSoul(f): 2:21am On Apr 30, 2011
Nice discussion fellas.

I would argue that Religion merely amplifies (or exposes) what a person is inside - which is why we see great acts of love and hate both resulting from religious adherents. Religion itself is not the problem, we are.

If religion did not exist, people would merely substitute it with something else.

Hi Inesqor.
Hi Vesc.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Sweetnecta: 2:40am On Apr 30, 2011
@Zatas; « #145 on: Today at 01:18:13 AM »
[Quote]Why are we threatening each other and getting all personal. This is the problem of religion. taking things to heart, instead of reasoning things out. in fact, taking things to weapons.

@Sweetnecta Islam vs Christianity is like pitting your left hand against your right. It really does not make sense, considering they are all so similar. It is very self defeating. they all stem from Judaism and they all carry forward the same fundamental flaws. It is an extremely retrogressive argument and serves no purpose at all. With or without the differences, religion has always and will always be at odds not only with science but with knowledge as a whole. Christianity perhaps benefits from the fact that most of its followers don't take it seriously and don't even know its bible. We just need to start taking religion less seriously.[/Quote]If man discusses other issue where there are different views points, you will see the same problem that you are ascribing to religion. it is in human nature to differ and show it in different degrees.

Islam is not against Christianity. Telling christians that they are wrong is a sign of endearment, if you ask me. When our professor says you are wrong and gives you the reasons, he is not against you. But he simply wish you well, by telling you the truth. Islam is not from Judaism. And being similar is not a sign of commonality. Finally, Islam is not against stem cell research if it does not have the agenda to play God; creating lives and or destroying potential lives. If it is developed to cure diseases and improve existing lives, it is in agreement with Islam.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Sweetnecta: 2:51am On Apr 30, 2011
if you youtube 'stem cell research and islam', you will learn something about the view of this noble religion. islam is really progressive, though the muslims may not.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 30, 2011
Sweetnecta:

if you youtube 'stem cell research and islam', you will learn something about the view of this noble religion. islam is really progressive, though the muslims may not.

I seem recall that you are opposed to evolution. If islam/muslims cannot bring themselves to accept this fundamental tenant of Biological Science, then I would have to say progressiveness within the Quran is at best a coincidence and at worst an accident.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by vescucci(m): 8:06am On Apr 30, 2011
Hiya JeSoul.

I see your point clearer now Pastor. But I don't consider spirituality and religion to be the same thing. Religion is stiff and dogmatical and anti-reason. You can be a spiritual Christian or Muslim. No need to pay tithe like you're giving God egunje. There're spiritual atheists. There're some who have spiritual experiences but are so stubborn that they'll be the last to admit it.

Em, sweetnecta. Even though you've written plenty dissertations nothing concern Islam or even Christianity with this topic na.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by DeepSight(m): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2011
vescucci:

But I don't consider spirituality and religion to be the same thing. Religion is stiff and dogmatical and anti-reason.

Gbam.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Sweetnecta: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2011
@Idehn; « #149 on: Today at 07:45:03 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 02:51:17 AM

I seem recall that you are opposed to evolution. If islam/muslims cannot bring themselves to accept this fundamental tenant of Biological Science, then I would have to say progressiveness within the Quran is at best a coincidence and at worst an accident.[/Quote]Evolution as in the stages of the development of the fetus, islam supports. Evolution as in Fish changing to modern human at a long period of time, islam does not support it. i wonder when i spoke about evolution? if you want to know where islam stands, consult the Quran, Hadith and scholarship materials on that specific subject. i am a beginner in islamic knowledge. i am still learning, so you can expect mistakes from a kindergarten child when you give me linear algebra problems.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Sweetnecta: 11:33am On Apr 30, 2011
and the first 5 verses of Surah Alaq was the first revelation to the prophet. these 5 verses dealt with evolution from lack of knowledge to acquisition of knowledge and that biological evolution of human fetus. are these coincidences or accidentals or pure declaration of what it is; deliberate?
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 30, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Idehn; « #149 on: Today at 07:45:03 AM »Evolution as in the stages of the development of the fetus, islam supports.

That is not evolution, that is just fetal development.

Sweetnecta:

@Idehn; « #149 on: Today at 07:45:03 AM » Evolution as in Fish changing to modern human at a long period of time, islam does not support it. i wonder when i spoke about evolution?

That is not evolution either. This is a good summary of evolution(from the wiki page).

Evolution (also known as biological or organic evolution) is the change over time in one or more inherited traits found in populations of organisms.Two processes are generally distinguished as common causes of evolution. One is natural selection, a process in which there is differential survival and/or reproduction of organisms that differ in one or more inherited traits. Another cause is genetic drift, a process in which there are random changes to the proportions of two or more inherited traits within a population.

You were not talking about evolution in particular, you just stated that you believed in the creation story espoused by the Qur'an. I assumed then that you rejected evolution as a matter of course. I cannot seem to find the thread exactly though.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by KunleOshob(m): 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2011
@idehn

For once I have to support sweetnecta, the evolution myth is scientifically flawed and is not only illogical but it is also un provable. It takes a lot more delusion to believe in evolution than the little you need to believe creation which is the only logical explanation.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2011
KunleOshob:

@idehn

For once I have to support sweetnecta, the evolution myth is scientifically flawed and is not only illogical but it is also un provable. It takes a lot more delusion to believe in evolution than the little you need to believe creation which is the only logical explanation.

Considering that almost the whole of Biological science is grounded by evolutionary theory(not to mention the plethora of evidence that supports it) doubtful. The fact that you say with certainty that it scientifically flawed and illogical is indicative of the fact that you either have no idea what Evolution actually is beyond some silly caricature you have projected onto it or you simply do not care too understand it.

Furthermore, the current fashionable creation myths that describe a infinitely complex "thing" creating the universe with what can only be described as magic, requires a lot more than a "little" delusion.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Nobody: 5:19am On May 01, 2011
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing man that he didnt exist." Satan is not a conspiracy, he is as real as the eyes or eye on your face. True knowledge is knowing God and fearing him.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by Sweetnecta: 2:10pm On May 01, 2011
@Idehn; « #156 on: Yesterday at 07:50:16 PM »
[Quote]Considering that almost the whole of Biological science is grounded by evolutionary theory(not to mention the plethora of evidence that supports it) doubtful. The fact that you say with certainty that it scientifically flawed and illogical is indicative of the fact that you either have no idea what Evolution actually is beyond some silly caricature you have projected onto it or you simply do not care too understand it.

Furthermore, the current fashionable creation myths that describe a infinitely complex "thing" creating the universe with what can only be described as magic, requires a lot more than a "little" delusion.[/Quote]Can science proof that something can come out of nothing considering the same science saying that; for every action there is equal reaction [this is how equilibrium is achieved] and energy can not be created or destroyed [it may occur in different form of energy]?

why not apply the principle of your argument against creation, above, to evolution as see if it will hold, considering nothing can evolve into these many complex 'things [human and iron are just two of the many uncountable things we know, but even more are still unknown from the group of things from your evolution concept], whereby at least the scientist will have to readjust the concepts of equilibrium and impossible destruction of energy if not many more?

iron can't substitute for human like the way zebra may for donkey or a horse. there is noway a single particle, so small that they think it has position but no size to reckon with, will give a loud banging noise! at best it is a whimper noise and such a particle that is singular in unit content since it has no size can not break into bigger and more complex complex matters and substances that we find biological and non biological 'magically' emanating from it.

it is a theory untested and unsubstantiated at best. in reality it is delusional hypothesis.
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by mantraa: 7:16pm On May 01, 2011
Hello sweetnecta.

I know the topic has been covered many times before on this site so i dont know how you can still say the following about evolution.
it is a theory untested and unsubstantiated at best. in reality it is delusional hypothesis.

Here is a link to the wikipedia site about evolution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

"Evolution (also known as biological or organic evolution) is the change over time in one or more inherited traits found in populations of organisms.[1] Inherited traits are particular distinguishing characteristics, including anatomical, biochemical or behavioural characteristics, that are passed on from one generation to the next. Phenotypic expressions of these traits can be influenced by gene–environment interactions. Evolution may occur when there is variation of inherited traits within a population. The major sources of such variation are mutation, genetic recombination and gene flow.[2][3][4][5] Evolution has led to the diversification of all living organisms, which are described by Charles Darwin as "endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful".[6]

Two processes are generally distinguished as common causes of evolution. One is natural selection, a process in which there is differential survival and/or reproduction of organisms that differ in one or more inherited traits.[1] Another cause is genetic drift, a process in which there are random changes to the proportions of two or more inherited traits within a population.[7][8]

In speciation, a single ancestral species splits into two or more different species. Speciation is visible in anatomical, genetic and other similarities between groups of organisms, geographical distribution of related species, the fossil record and the recorded genetic changes in living organisms over many generations. Speciation stretches back over 3.5 billion years during which life has existed on earth.[9][10][11][12] It is thought to occur in multiple ways such as slowly, steadily and gradually over time or rapidly from one long static state to another.

The scientific study of evolution began in the mid-nineteenth century, when research into the fossil record and the diversity of living organisms convinced most scientists that species evolve.[13] The mechanism driving these changes remained unclear until the theory of natural selection was independently proposed by Charles Darwin and Alfred Wallace in 1858. In the early 20th century, Darwinian theories of evolution were combined with genetics, palaeontology, and systematics, which culminated into a union of ideas known as the modern evolutionary synthesis.[14] The synthesis became a major principle of biology as it provided a coherent and unifying explanation for the history and diversity of life on Earth.[15][16][17]

Evolution is currently applied and studied in various areas within biology such as conservation biology, developmental biology, ecology, physiology, paleontology and medicine. Moreover, it has also made an impact on traditionally non-biological disciplines such as agriculture, anthropology, philosophy and psychology."

If you click on the link and read and learn more about it you will see that it is the polar opposite to what you think it is.
The overwhelming amount of evidence supporting evolution is way too much for it to be just a delusion.

There is no evidence to support any of the many magical African creation stories. likewise there is no evidence to support the magical Jewish creation story or any other supernatural creation stories from around the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Music: Oba Aseda ~ Tope Alabi / How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? / Yahweh And Freewill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.