Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

"It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" (8369 Views)

Who Wrote The New Testament ? / Who Wrote The New Testament? / Who Wrote The Bible And Why It Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by thehomer: 6:55pm On May 11, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

you do not think properly >>> your knowing of Einsein theory of relativity is nil >>> if not you will know that his theory of relativity, makes the term 'slavery' a moral relative >>> you are a Canadian, so i will assume you have a poor grasp of the analytical underpinnings of the English language >>> go and read World History

You are obviously confused because you should have realized that the theory of relativity has nothing to do with moral relativism. Simply look them up and avoid being deceived. Also, I understand the English language well enough and my knowledge of World History has been steadily improving. You would do yourself a lot of good to realize that slavery is immoral.

Uyi Iredia:

when human science advances I predict that Malthus' theory of population will take effect and that we will be right back at where we started (Ex 20:21) >>> It will only change form >>> i believe the term for it is that stupidity behind family planning and birth control

a clear cut scenario of when science begins to tamper with morality >>> i need not delve into cases when birth control drugs caused disaster
here's how it was meant to be

Here again, you show your ignorance and dare I say it laziness. Do you not realize that infinite geometrical progression with limited resources is not possible? Then you go ahead and post a link about natural birth control. Do you understand the complexities involved in choosing a method of birth control? Have you thought about the ease of use, spread of STIs and rape? Please at least put some effort into educating yourself before you appear to spew forth rubbish.
Just to be clear, please tell me. Do you think birth control is a good idea?
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by UyiIredia(m): 7:16pm On May 11, 2011
Deep Sight:

^^^ Please can i politely beg you in the name of God to stop using these ">>>>>>" marks to make all your points. It is highly destabilizing, as it gives the reader the impression that he is conversing with an automated program, or an extra terrestrial robot, or some such thing

my reply to it is this >>> i think discretely, ponder 'scripturally', act accordingly and I intend to die easy >>> others think continuously, ponder erratically, act 'properly' and then die hard

to cut the story short >>> get used to it
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by UyiIredia(m): 7:28pm On May 11, 2011
thehomer:

You are obviously confused because you should have realized that the theory of relativity has nothing to do with moral relativism. Simply look them up and avoid being deceived. Also, I understand the English language well enough and my knowledge of World History has been steadily improving. You would do yourself a lot of good to realize that slavery is immoral.

slavery is not immoral >>> it has not been eradicated, and it is the basis of the existence of any societies >>> Slavery has only changed form >>>
menial jobs done by dayworkers as yourself is indeed slavery >>> go and read the book "Gods Of Management" by Charles B. Baker
It has everything to do with it the relativity of space makes morality to be relative >>> morals, like knowledge and truth are limited by the laws of space and time >>> this is why science has a say in morality >>> however, that is an area best left untouched

thehomer:

Here again, you show your ignorance and dare I say it laziness. Do you not realize that infinite geometrical progression with limited resources is not possible? Then you go ahead and post a link about natural birth control. Do you understand the complexities involved in choosing a method of birth control? Have you thought about the ease of use, spread of STIs and violation? Please at least put some effort into educating yourself before you appear to spew forth rubbish.
Just to be clear, please tell me. Do you think birth control is a good idea?

you obviously skimmed the article and worse yet grossly misstate my position >>> you did not read it >>> your reading is poor >>> prove to me (with an essay) how an infinite progression with limited resources is not possible (no links)
Re: "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" by thehomer: 7:46pm On May 11, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

slavery is not immoral >>> it has not been eradicated, and it is the basis of the existence of any societies >>> Slavery has only changed form >>>
menial jobs done by dayworkers as yourself is indeed slavery >>> go and read the book "Gods Of Management" by Charles B. Baker

Slavery is not immoral? Are you serious? Along with this outrageous claim, you go ahead and describe day workers and labourers who are paid for their work and who are not owned by their employers as slaves? Sheesh.
The fact that it has not been eradicated does not make it moral.
Just to clarify, what do you mean by slavery? This is the definition I'm using here.

Wiktionary:
1. An institution or social practice of owning human beings as property, especially for use as forced laborers.

Uyi Iredia:

It has everything to do with it the relativity of space makes morality to be relative >>> morals, like knowledge and truth are limited by the laws of space and time >>> this is why science has a say in morality >>> however, that is an area best left untouched

Sorry but you are again wrong and confused. Please look them up. I've given you the links here. Do yourself a favour and read them. Theory of relativity and here is relativism. Simply click and read. Click and read.

Uyi Iredia:

you obviously skimmed the article and worse yet grossly misstate my position >>> you did not read it >>> your reading is poor >>> prove to me (with an essay) how an infinite progression with limited resources is not possible (no links)

Here you are yet again being absurd. This fact has been demonstrated experimentally by bacterial growth in broth on a petri-dish. You will notice that after a while, the bacteria reach a stable population in which the birth rate equals the death rate.
Also, where did I misstate your position? Please refrain from making unfounded accusations.
Your request for an essay is just hilarious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yahweh And Freewill / Construction Of Mosque in Lagos State,with Special Design / Secret Mystical Powers Of The Bible & Christianity They Don't Want You To Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.