Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Two OAU Students Commit Suicide - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Two OAU Students Commit Suicide (44049 Views)

TRENDING PHOTOS: Two OAU Obafemi Awolowo University Students Commit Suicide / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by grandstar(m): 2:01am On Apr 21, 2021
flemsy15:
I thought they banned that Sniper
Though the dying is painful, d act of drinking it is painless and that's why a lot of people are choosing it. And it hardly fails, it's hard to survive it.
Two students in a day is very high.

All d same, Suicide has never been an option. It only ends d problems and pains for u but transfers them to your loved ones ten folds.

It's also contagious. Family may start doing same.
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by GboyegaD(m): 2:36am On Apr 21, 2021
Hausa:
My cousin was in BCH in Ife.

8-9 years spent.
About 4 to 5 extras and many COs.
But he no gree cross o. He finished there sha.
Now married with kids.

When he tells the story, na laughter.
He be like, "I entered Ife in 1998 through merit list number 5 that they brought the admission letter to my house o. I decided I didn't like MCB but BCH. My friends and colleagues told me, people are running from BCH and you're entering from frying Pan to Fire. Omo... Mth 101-F, BCH 101-F."
Na so him journey start o.

He dragged it till he finished sha.

BCH doesn't have a good reputation but funny enough, my graduating set produced a 1st class.
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by TechCapon(m): 3:26am On Apr 21, 2021
Drella:
The Emmanuel guy is a very funny dude who cracks jokes and very lively.Always happy,no one knew he was suffering depression.

He was still seen around 9pm yesterday looking for a pharmacy store.He drank sniper this morning.

Still can't can believe you're gone bro.
RIP coursemate!
please share a photo of him. I pray that he finds peace
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by LINTUNE(m): 4:10am On Apr 21, 2021
Starz825:

you don owe people money before like in millions lets say like 50m....wey Dem gather give you to do business...the money come enter voicemail and the next thing, more than 10 people wey give you money dey call your phone every single second to ask for their money knowing fully well say the money don enter voicemail but Dem still hold you responsible for the loss and they expect make you return the 50m.....
broda asswear if you dey that shoe...he go be like say make you die...or just vanish...

it's easier said than done because you ain't in there shoes.
but then suicide no be option
Lord knows , instead of commiting sucide, I go run go Ghana, cotonou or even cameroon , go start life for there...bro leave story..
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by cardoctor(m): 4:56am On Apr 21, 2021
What a country
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by izzy4shizzy(m): 5:50am On Apr 21, 2021
phorget:

Motivational speaker please stay away from me!!

Oya nau, go kill yourself
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by VTJN(m): 6:20am On Apr 21, 2021
Foreigna:

UNAD is not easy compared to OAU. Ask around.
Lol, you must be joking
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by VTJN(m): 6:27am On Apr 21, 2021
Olisehinnocent:
I hate that school. After all my mid night study I managed to graduate with 2.2. I applied for my transcript to further my studies since last year, up till now they haven't release it.
probably ASUU strike was behind the further delay
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by VTJN(m): 6:39am On Apr 21, 2021
Brainiac101:

unad ke bros no try am o . our school still dey trend for twitter and u you are still characterising our school as easy school, only a student from there can tell.
so you want to compare UNAD to OAU? You must have had a degree in comedy!
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by VTJN(m): 6:43am On Apr 21, 2021
femmyapson:

The UNAD that is now eksu??grin
FROM frypan to naked fire.. Just thank your God you didnt. grin
Lol, you mean unad is much more tougher than OAU? you be joker of the century!
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by bluefilm: 6:51am On Apr 21, 2021
The Satanic Bill Gates will be so happy now.

These fools are helping the Satanic Bill Gates to depopulate the world.
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by ahiboilandgas: 6:52am On Apr 21, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Imagine a useless man in his 40s that is on Nairaland lamenting about a lazy youth that he doesn’t know. At your age, you should not be on NL running after people wey you fit born. You should be with your wife and children. You are giving yourself stress and hbp for nothing o grin

You better not go and commit suicide o. You were sacked from your job at MRS and on top of that, lazyyouth dey live rent free for your head. Oga please put down that sniper and that rope. Everything will be okay when you deactivate and find a real life purpose other than insulting Igbos and yorubas on NL grin
eyya pointless ran out of points. Pleading for me to deactivate my moniker so you can have a free hand to fake investement professional.interchange moniker meanwhile in real live na palliative dependant u be ...U POSTED It YOUR SELF.send your accounts make i drop some change for to support your sister .why are you on a suicide thread any way ?Abi the End is near?
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by prettyaura: 6:54am On Apr 21, 2021
boolet:

10 years after graduating from OAU, I still regret it. I should have gone to UNAD or any other supposedly easy school.
from what you have written, its obvious you didnt graduate from OAU..nobody will go to a school like OAU and come online to write wat you have written here..except maybe you didnt graduate with a @least a 2:2..quote me anywhere...NO ONE GOES TO A PRESTIGIOUS UNIVERSITY LIKE OAU AND COME BACK AFTER 10YRS TO SAY THEY REGRET IT...WHATS YOUR POINT EXACTLY?
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 21, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
eyya pointless ran out of points. Pleading for me to deactivate my moniker so you can have a free hand to fake investement professional.interchange moniker meanwhile in real live na palliative dependant u be ...U POSTED It YOUR SELF.send your accounts make i drop some change for to support your sister .why are you on a suicide thread any way ?Abi the End is near?

Cant you see how useless your life is? At your age of over 40 you wake up for morning during Ramadan and na lazy youth wey you fit born you dey chase up and down for Nairaland. Don’t you have family to feed? Abeg drop that sniper o. Make them no talk say na lazy youth drive you to commit suicide. Agbaya oshi. Ewugambia. If them born your papa and mama well enter investment thread make Foreigna destroy your tribalistic ass finally grin

Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by ahiboilandgas: 7:21am On Apr 21, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Imagine a useless man in his 40s that is on Nairaland lamenting about a lazy youth that he doesn’t know. At your age, you should not be on NL running after people wey you fit born. You should be with your wife and children. You are giving yourself stress and hbp for nothing o grin

You better not go and commit suicide o. You were sacked from your job at MRS and on top of that, lazyyouth dey live rent free for your head. Oga please put down that sniper and that rope. Everything will be okay when you deactivate and find a real life purpose other than insulting Igbos and yorubas on NL grin
he too pain cos I exposed him .300-level student, Rhoda Agboje, and her boyfriend, Ifeanyi Nwankwo, have been arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for allegedly selling drugged cookies to schoolchildren and other unsuspecting members of the public. He currently on bail and change his moniker to target kids online .change your ways Lazyyouths. Try and hustle legit even if na bus conductor

Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 21, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
he too pain cos I exposed him .300-level student, Rhoda Agboje, and her boyfriend, Ifeanyi Nwankwo, have been arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for allegedly selling drugged cookies to schoolchildren and other unsuspecting members of the public. He currently on bail and change his moniker to target kids online .change your ways Lazyyouths. Try and hustle legit even if na bus conductor

Oga, at your age look at the tribalistic nonesense you are posting on NL. No wonder they say a fool at 40 is a fool forever. To God, na your family I dey pity. You clearly do not have one. If you did, you won’t have time to be playing games on NL with kids wey you fit born.

From the your audio lies and tribalistic and religious nonesense you write on this forum, it is very clear that you have mental issues and this explains why you were fired from MRS. I be lazy youth but I can’t even waste my time exchanging with a mad man in his 40s. Make I just leave you before dem say na me push you to suicide o. Oluku. Ewugambia. Agbaya oshi!

Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by 22brains(m): 7:36am On Apr 21, 2021
InsideOAU:

Source: https://www.insideoau.com/2021/04/20/two-oau-students-allegedly-commits-suicide-3/
Die now or later, we will all die. Enjoy your rest jare.
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by ahiboilandgas: 7:39am On Apr 21, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Oga, at your age look at the tribalistic nonesense you are posting on NL. No wonder they say a fool at 40 is a fool forever. To God, na your family I dey pity. You clearly do not have one. If you did, you won’t have time to be playing games on NL with kids wey you fit born.

From the your audio lies and tribalistic and religious nonesense you write on this forum, it is very clear that you have mental issues and this explains why you were fired from MRS. I be lazy youth but I can’t even waste my time exchanging with a mad man in his 40s. Make I just leave you before dem say na me push you to suicide o. Oluku. Ewugambia. Agbaya oshi!
ifanyi I have advised your sha like a Elder brother dont used for bail time to sell drugs online .300-level student, Rhoda Agboje, and her boyfriend, Ifeanyi Nwankwo, have been arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for allegedly selling drugged cookies to schoolchildren and other unsuspecting members of the public.get a legit hustle

Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by femmyapson(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2021
VTJN:
Lol, you mean unad is much more tougher than OAU? you be joker of the century!
UNAD where 2nd class lower graduates usually bag 1st class(M.sc) in other institution and law school. Do you know how it feels to get to 400lv and start looking for your 100lv results that you passed and you are told you will have to spillover inorder to rewrite the exam and sometimes you will be advised to change dept and start over again in 200lv.. you will spend 7years to study engineering instead of 5 and 6years instead of 4.Not because you failed but cos of multiple strike. Imagine knowing you will have extra year in 200lv cos you failed a prerequsite exam. Like I said earlier, just thank your stars you did not graduate from there.
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by Humanoid01(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Honestly, I'd rather chose to keep my mouth closed than open it and say r.i.p to these two young fellows..

We know say life hard for this country but that ain't a criteria for someone to take his/her life...For what?
Unless someone will have to tell me that there's something behind their death, probably someone poisoned them..
.. Because,no matter what,I don't see any reason why I'd have to end my own life simply because say life hard..

Abeggy,make I buy chilled black fearless drink jor...

Bro, I hope you're not Insinuating that they probably took their lives due to financial hardship?
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by Drella(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2021
Teaser4:
lol when did they start bro.. I graduated in 2015.... There are 4 departments in the faculty of Administration.. management and accounting, public administration, international relations and local government administration..

The first set were those admitted in 2017/2018 session(now in part 3).The second set were admitted in 2018/2019 session(now in part 2).They stopped admitting bus admin for now so no part one student.....Only two sets are studying it now.

They are under management and accounting department.
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by Drella(m): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2021
Realday:

So painful,we were in the same block in Angola then.
Yeah I do see him in Angola.
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by Drella(m): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2021
TechCapon:
please share a photo of him. I pray that he finds peace

I can't bro.
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by Hausa(m): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2021
prettyaura:
from what you have written, its obvious you didnt graduate from OAU..nobody will go to a school like OAU and come online to write wat you have written here..except maybe you didnt graduate with a @least a 2:2..quote me anywhere...NO ONE GOES TO A PRESTIGIOUS UNIVERSITY LIKE OAU AND COME BACK AFTER 10YRS TO SAY THEY REGRET IT...WHATS YOUR POINT EXACTLY?
A lot of people have expressed that feeling.

Are you him to know what/how he feels?
I was in Ife too, and I nearly got depressed. Or maybe I did sef. I got frustrated and just wanted to leave. Well, eventually I didn't sink. But I tell you what, people sink in that school.

For those who really had a good foundation of planning academically from primary-secondary school, who have had a natural reading culture, Ife is not as tough as it is as per workload for these set of people.

But what happens if you missed that foundation and then stumble into Ife as a student?
First, there'd be excitement as per I'm a student of Ife, but subsequently it starts to creep in. Things that are not load start becoming loads... and then they turn to stress. Coupled with fetching water from upstairs, going as far as Edm or Agric to read just because your room mates in Awo or Angola perpetually cannnot give you the light of day. And then the fact that you'll struggle to cook, eat, etc.
For some, it is strength. Some, building up tough mentality.
What about others? They fall apart like a deck of cards and then start to get disenchanted. Some lose grades and start to go down academically, some can no longer plan their time.
It is for that reason that I tell people that there's a reason there're all sorts of orientations... from school mgt, faculty, dept, hostel, church, lecturers, etc., when you come in. Because people know how tough it is. It isn't for the weak. These orientations in one way or the other tries to reset your mind once in a while. Because there, your mind setting can go haywire. I know because I've been there. I've seen with my eyes.

So if you really passed through Ife, you'd know this because you HAVE BEEN THERE DONE THAT.
Unless you didn't.
Cos it begs the question as to why you'd make that statement.

2 Likes

Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by Teaser4(m): 9:22am On Apr 21, 2021
Drella:

The first set were those admitted in 2017/2018 session(now in part 3).The second set were admitted in 2018/2019 session(now in part 2).They stopped admitting bus admin for now so no part one student.....Only two sets are studying it now.

They are under management and accounting department.
oh, OK bro...
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by Hausa(m): 9:22am On Apr 21, 2021
GboyegaD:

BCH doesn't have a good reputation but funny enough, my graduating set produced a 1st class.
Abi?

They have people that do well, albeit. But omo, e tough.

It is well sha.
Last last, OAU isn't for the faint-hearted.
My cousin used to say, "Ije Ife, ikwete."
More like, "If you go, na him you go gree."

It's difficult to tell what OAU is like when you're not a student. Until you go... and then confirm.
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by SexytorresE(f): 10:00am On Apr 21, 2021
Even if I'm owing you 100m I will never commit suicide
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by samuel900(m): 10:27am On Apr 21, 2021
Police harrasment....have been locked up

Starz825:

bro... chill and relax...my debt is over 4m ...u see say your own still better...so just chill and strategize aw you can pay back
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by samuel900(m): 10:28am On Apr 21, 2021
Thanks

DSC7:

Hold on bro.....

Better days ahead.....
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by samuel900(m): 10:29am On Apr 21, 2021
Hmmm... thanks...as at yesterday now he came to my house with police, but I fled

Chummynoni
post=100970033:

chill bro. people wey u dey owe dey owe people too. dem no fit kill u, las las, police go settle d mata onto say make u try pay up
Re: Two OAU Students Commit Suicide by BETINI(m): 10:31am On Apr 21, 2021
[b][/b][color=#000000][/color] Inside life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkout This Homework Given To A 5-Year-Old Pupil (Photo) / LAUTECH Professor, Abass Olajire Slumps, Dies In Mosque / PHOTOS: Muslims Students Of UNILAG Protest Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.