Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem (22864 Views)

Tinubu: A Man Who Can't Hold Paper Has Won APC Primaries - Deji Adeyanju / Terrorism: Buhari & Pantami Are Terrorists / Garba Shehu: Those Calling For Secession Are Nigeria’s Greatest Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by fergie001: 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2021
Excerpts from Seun Okin's interview with SSA, Media & Publicity to the President, Garba Shehu on #PoliticsToday

If people will be fair . . . Pantami has thrashed the Boko Haram ideology. We believe he has changed. - Garba Shehu, Spokesman to President Buhari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0tjnkAp9PY

We say we are religious people . . . all the scriptures say if you are a bad man today, you are welcome to become a good person - Garba Shehu on Pantami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9mGR9cN2UE

Garba Shehu, a spokesman to President Muhammadu Buhari, suggests that former Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun's crime was greater than Isa Pantami's.
“If Pantami had forged certificate before coming into office, the attitude (of the presidency) would have been different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d43k-zSP4w

Those people who stand in criticism (of Pantami) and are not willing to forgive him are the problem. - Garba Shehu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnZ21OT0O0A

We are not happy people are killing one another, but the way reporting is done, it is as if this has never happened before. - Garba Shehu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEumwZJD3FQ

#PoliticsToday #CTVtweets

Those Unwilling To Forgive Pantami Are The Problem – Garba Shehu

Mr Garba Shehu has slammed the critics of the Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Pantami, for their unwillingness to forgive him.

He believes the failure to forgive the minister for the comments he made in support of extremist groups in the past is worse than the offence he committed.

The President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity made the remarks on Friday during his appearance on Politics Today on Channels Television.

He said, “I am saying to you that people who stand in criticism of this position of the man who said he had wronged himself, he had wronged the society, and has apologised that he has changed, and they are not willing to forgive to move on; they are the ones who are the problem.”

Pantami has been was widely criticised by various individuals and groups for the comments he made in the past in support of extremist groups.

‘We Change And Transform’

Recently, the remarks he was said to have made many years ago sparked debate and controversy, with many calls for his resignation or removal by the President.

The minister has since renounced his comments and said he was a changed person, but that was not enough for those calling for his removal.

Rather than sacking the minister as widely demanded, the Presidency said it was in support of Pantami and all Nigerians to ensure they receive fair treatment, fair prices, and fair protection in ICT services.

Defending the government’s position, Shehu stressed that it was wrong for any individual to deny their fellow beings a chance to be a better person.

“In all our lives, we change and transform … we don’t remain in the same position. The people just assume that he cannot change; if the One who created you gives it to you that from being bad, you can become good, what tells you to deny some other persons this right?” he questioned.

The President’s spokesman added, “They are the ones who are deeply intolerant, and who are telling the world that in this country, we have the set of people who don’t forgive, who don’t want to move on; they are the problem of the society.”

SOURCE

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by helinues: 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
I tired oo

If kidnappers and armed robbers can change and accept Christ, I see no reason why Pantami can't change and accept Mohammed... grin

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by Kriss216: 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
Cos terrorists don't change.

A changed terrorist is a dead terrorist.

184 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by Kriss216: 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
helinues:
I tired oo

If kidnappers and armed robbers can change and accept Christ, I see no reason why Pantami can't change and accept Mohammed... grin
You're becoming insanely myopic in your quest to defend failure.

300 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by donbachi(m): 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
Leopard skin no fit change,even if e rub the best bleaching cream.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by seunmsg(m): 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
To start with, Pantami has not publicly apologized and repudiate his extreme views. So, how do we forgive someone who does not see anything wrong with his past comments? To the best of our knowledge, he still hold those extreme views and can’t be trusted with sensitive national secrets.

In addition, he has been accused of conspiracy to murder. The Fatwa he issued on Sunday Achi as the chief Imam of ATBU led to the death of the young man according to his father. The allegation is criminal in nature and should be investigated. If possible, there should be a criminal prosecution. His alleged link to the death of Yakowa should also be investigated.

Forgiveness will happen after a public apology, open repudiation and a thorough investigation of the criminal allegations.

159 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by nyiamfrank: 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2021
Terrorist government. Is it very clear to you all now?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by iampeterben(m): 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thats is how I see it dude might have changed and turned from his evil ways so let's give him a break.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by nlreserve: 7:47pm On Apr 23, 2021
helinues:
I tired oo

helinues, you are a terrorist. If care is not taken, all Fulani's are terrorists. So, he was a terrorist and you all agree. And now, he has changed and you all agree. Once a soldier, always a soldier. I have never seen where someone with bad history is given sensitive position in government. Even if he's repented (which is what the government use to deceive us when they capture book haram and send them abroad with the excuse that they are repented while mostly the southern soldiers are killed for nothing) his bad history is enough not to put him in that position. Nigeria is in deep mess. Nigeria needs total breakup. I can't imagine myself in a country with terrorists. May God help us.

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by Sammy07: 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2021
seunmsg:
To start with, Pantami has not publicly apologized and repudiate his extreme views. So, how do we forgive someone who has not seen anything wrong with his past comments? To the best of our knowledge, he still hold those extreme views and can’t be trusted with sensitive national secrets.

Gbam!

[s]
helinues:
I tired oo

[/s]

Take a cue from what Seun said

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by helinues: 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2021
Sammy07:

Gbam!

Take a cue from what Seun said

Why should I do that... That's his opinion...

I have made mine

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by nlreserve: 7:50pm On Apr 23, 2021
nyiamfrank:
Terrorist government. Is it very clear to you all now?
Yes, it is very clear that we are in terrorist government. Now I know why killers are always coming from that part of the country and when reasonable youths from the south wishes to be separated from them, they call them terrorist.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by ZeroWorries: 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2021
Changed indeed

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by helinues: 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2021
nlreserve:
helinues, you are a terrorist. If care is not taken, all Fulani's are terrorists. So, he was a terrorist and you all agree. And now, he has changed and you all agree. Once a soldier, always a soldier. Nigeria is in deep mess. Nigeria needs total breakup. I can't imagine myself in a country with terrorists. May God help us.

Yhen Yhen Yhen

Bla bla bla bla..

Come up with something creative

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by nlreserve: 7:53pm On Apr 23, 2021
helinues:

Yhen Yhen Yhen

Bla bla bla bla..

Come up with something creative
You are a terrorist. The truth is gradually coming out.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by helinues: 7:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
nlreserve:
You are a terrorist. The truth is gradually coming out.

Don't get yourself ban for no reason....

Stop repeating that line or

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by Sammy07: 7:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
helinues:

Why should I do that... That's his opinion...

I have made mine

Yet you want us to be patriotic to Nigeria, you want us to fight corruption and go out and vote.

How do you want us to do that with mentality like that?
You even supporting patamin and no way asking for his resignation is no way good.

Try to be objective, criticize even if your party is wrong.

That's why I like seunsmg comments sometimes. (In politics)

29 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by helinues: 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2021
Sammy07:

Yet you want us to be patriotic to Nigeria, you want us to fight corruption and go out and vote.

How do you want us to do that with mentality like that?
You even supporting patamin and no way askinf for his resignation is no way good.

Try to be objective, criticize even if your party is wrong.

That's why I like seunsmg comment sometimes.

You are really funny ooo... What different would it make if I joined you guys to demand for Pantami's resignation?

That Buhari refused to sack Pantami, That Pantami refused to resign honorary should be something for Southern region to save into their notebook.

What happened during Kemi's case? Sebi Southerners no wan receive sense abi....

You should know I am a one man squad.. I have no influence about others opinions/thoughts

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by fineboynl(m): 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
many of the prisoners in prison have changed and repeat. so what are they still doing there. also dasuki has changed.

the only way a terrorist can change or repent is to renunce Islam. pantumi is still seen in mosque.

the excuse is so lame.

37 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by nlreserve: 8:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
helinues:

Rule 2
Hahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by nlreserve: 8:03pm On Apr 23, 2021
fineboynl:
many of the prisoners in prison have changed and repeat. so what are they still doing there. also dasuki has changed.

the excuse is so lame.
Don't mind them. They are always fighting for their selfish interest. They knew someone was a terrorist and still went ahead to put him in charge of government. His bad history is his bad history whether repented or not. I wonder how these people think they can be fooling the whole Nigerians. When others want to break up, they begin to cry - you will need visa to go to Bornu oo. Who wan go Bornu before?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by iJhoe(m): 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
you believed he has changed?? what if he hasn't.

I don't know how these people do it. They are just flawed at best, doomed at worst.

when does Garbage Shame becomes an attorney?

6 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by flamingREED(m): 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
We prefer a chained one.

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by Maxymilliano(m): 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2021
If Garba Sheu and and the Presidency could see nothing wrong in rejecting a changed Patanmi, the government should also consider prisoners that are above 48 years who committed offense in their twenties because times have passed and they might have turned new leaf, just like Patanmi

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by BabaO2: 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
18years is the age of accountability and responsibility in Nigerian law. Why are southerners this coward and stewpid sef?

11 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by Kingspin(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
Buhari has openly show his support for terrorism

14 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by TruthHurts1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2021
In that case bring back Abdul Rashid Maina and make him Governor of the Central Bank,

Appoint full anus herdsmen as police men,

Appoint a serial rapist as Minister of women affairs,

And appoint LIAR MUHAMMAD as Minister of truth

[img]https://images./DlJKaLEkhHTqH5wgU7YGF.jpg[/img]

helinues:
I tired oo

20 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by helinues: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
TruthHurts1:
In that case bring back Abdul Rashid Maina and make him Governor of the Central Bank,

Appoint full anus herdsmen as police men,

Appoint a serial rapist as Minister of women affairs,

And appoint LIAR MUHAMMAD as Minister of truth

That lacks creativity... grin cheesy

You can do better than that

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Those Who Can't Forgive Pantami Are The Problem by TruthHurts1(m): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
You don't deserve better. "Better" is for those with brains and integrity.

helinues:

That lacks creativity... grin cheesy

You can do better than that

35 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

June 12: We Don't Have Their Guns, All We Have Is Our Voices - Mr Macaroni / Reno Omokri To FFK: I will very much hate to be your Friend and brother / Peter Obi: Labour Party Now Mass Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.