Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree (41408 Views)

Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) / Man Electrocuted While Trying To Save A Bird Trapped On A High Tension Wire / 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Louisojibe(m): 12:57am On Jun 08, 2020
Chief Superintendent of Police, Lasaka Habila, has been electrocuted in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

The deceased was said to be cutting branches of a tree opposite the National Intelligence Agency, Garki, in Nigeria's capital when the incident happened.

Idriss Abbas, Director-General, FCT Emergency Management Agency, announced Habila’s death in a statement on Sunday.

Abbas advised Abuja residents to always seek approval from the Parks and Recreation Department before cutting any tree.

He added that in the rainy season, most trees would bloom and come in contact with electricity cables, which may transmit high currents through leaves and branches.

The statement reads, “At the scene of the tragedy was a cutlass seen lying around the tree after the incident said to have been used by the victim to cut down branches from the tree which were seen littered around the scene.

“It is also believed that the victim may have been electrocuted by a high voltage from the high tension wire close to the tree.

“The victim who was seen stuck on the tree was eventually brought down by the Search and Rescue team of FEMA.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/07/policeman-electrocuted-abuja-while-cutting-tree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Mkayfrenzy(m): 1:01am On Jun 08, 2020
I still believe deaths like this are very unnatural. Same with thunder striking someone, well , RIP to the dead.

For the first time in my 7 years on nairaland, I made FTC. Hooorah....

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Freestainworld(m): 2:03am On Jun 08, 2020
R.I.P, hope he didn't take bribe while alive.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by WayStage(m): 2:33am On Jun 08, 2020
I wish him quick recovery.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by XXLMANDIGO: 5:37am On Jun 08, 2020
cheesy

R.I.P

But I get little or no joy for Police officers in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 08, 2020
That CSP was unenlightened!
RIP tho!
But didn't he see the cables run over the tree?
Na wetin make i dey avoid trees wey dey under HT and LT cables, one for my area like that the branches joined with the HT cable, rain com dey fall ontop. Oboy i jejely cross to the other lane, FG should set up a taskforce to checkmate these overgrowing trees under powerlines.
But a whole Csp was that jobless to carry knife and climb a tree? were there no constables and corporals at his disposal to do the job?
Orishirishi somtin.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 08, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
cheesy
You're doing well, booking space everywhere.
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 08, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
cheesy
You're doing well, booking space everywhere.
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Nbote(m): 6:41am On Jun 08, 2020
WayStage:

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Sacchi1162(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2020
How?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by osamz007: 7:43am On Jun 08, 2020
RIP POLICE OFFICER!

BUT THIS COUNTRY SEF EVERYTHING DEY UPSIDE DOWN

NA THE WORK OF POLICE MAN TO CUT TREE ABI TO MAINTAIN LAW AND ORDER IN THE SOCIETY

VERY PITIFUL COUNTRY

SPITS!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:44am On Jun 08, 2020
Why should IGP send a police officer to go cut tree way
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by QweenM(f): 7:45am On Jun 08, 2020
Nigerians will never read! Somebody even said up there that "I wish him quick recovery".......... O ma se ooo. undecided

Back to the story, I'm still thinking about what made a CSP to be cutting down trees. undecided Don't they have people contracted to do that for them. Even if they don't have people who are contracted to do that, wouldn't he have sent his junior associates who could have done it when it was not raining at all?

Well, the deed is done and there's a kind of mystery surrounding the incident. cry

May his soul rest in peace!

Modified:

I don't know what to do to Nigerians who lack comprehension...... Chai!
Before quoting me unnecessarily, open your eyes, read carefully and comprehend!

I wouldn't wish death on a fellow human being like me, never! However, there are companies/people who are awarded this kind of contract to fell trees and they are meant to do that strictly when it's safe to do it and they take necessary precautions before doing this kind of a job because it's their field of expertise.

The late officer's junior colleagues could have been assigned to do that (since it's a government thing and they might not be able to hire contractors) "when it was not raining at all" and when it's safe to do that.

Safety is the paramount thing here!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:45am On Jun 08, 2020
It is also believed that the victim may have been electrocuted by a high voltage from the high tension wire close to the tree.
Chai!

This is a very sad one.
We can only wish him RIP and advice people to be more careful.

Freestainworld:
hope he didn't take bribe while alive.
Where is the Love?
Where is the empathy?

Love = Zero.
Empathy = minus Zero.

What a shame!!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:45am On Jun 08, 2020
NaijaOlosho:

grin
Naija olosho, what is funny to you in this very sad news now?
Do you realise this is someone's father, son, uncle and husband?

You Nairaland kids won't stop amazing us on this forum!
Shaking our heads

WayStage:
Dey look dis one again o!
You no like quick recover.
Dis Nairaland sef!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by bigfish3k: 7:45am On Jun 08, 2020
Poloyanabo1:
That CSP was unenlightened!
RIP tho!
But didn't he see the cables run over the tree?
Na wetin make i dey avoid trees wey dey under HT and LT cables, one for my area like that the branches joined with the HT cable, rain com dey fall ontop. Oboy i jejely cross to the other lane, FG should set up a taskforce to checkmate these overgrowing trees under powerlines.
But a whole Csp was that jobless to carry knife and climb a tree? were there no constables and corporals at his disposal to do the job?
Orishirishi somtin.
Why blame him. It might be a hobby. Nothing wrong in what he did

2 Likes

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Joshualee: 7:46am On Jun 08, 2020
Na Nigeria you go see security wey dey check temperature of Doctor and police dey cut tree . Dis life no balance undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by lexoft(m): 7:46am On Jun 08, 2020
Why not provide us with pictures not not just text

1 Like

Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Anneka101(f): 7:46am On Jun 08, 2020
This doesn't sound right to me.

RIP officer!
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by sammysmiles(m): 7:46am On Jun 08, 2020
Police dey cut tree..... As Brazil presidio Don yarn death na every body destiny.... I no know whether our Nigerian lockdown,,,, our useless politicians dey consider theirselves or na masses dem dey consider because I know say dem no get masses for mind
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Ejlove4u(m): 7:47am On Jun 08, 2020
denmn niggar it's alright... so he was smiling while dieing
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by nurusystem(m): 7:48am On Jun 08, 2020
If he was a good police rest in peace.
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by GeniusWeb: 7:48am On Jun 08, 2020
Sad
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by ThinkB4mention(f): 7:48am On Jun 08, 2020
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by fasho01(m): 7:48am On Jun 08, 2020
So sad.. What a way to die
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by sammysmiles(m): 7:48am On Jun 08, 2020
WayStage:
Your mumu no too much?
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by Sunnycliff(m): 7:49am On Jun 08, 2020
It's a pity
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by BABANGBALI: 7:49am On Jun 08, 2020
Freestainworld:
R.I.P, hope he didn't take bribe while alive.
he tooked now
Re: Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree by bolaayenimo: 7:49am On Jun 08, 2020
There are some trees you can't cut except you appease the gods

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A 21-year-old Man Who Drank 4 Energy Drinks A Day Hospitalized / Can A Man With One Testicle Impregnate A Woman? / Asa: Ogun State Community Where People Are Suffering — Man Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.