Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Should I Get Married To Her??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Get Married To Her??? (3226 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Married To Italian Men & They Are Happy (Photos) / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Getting Married To A Man Who Earns 35,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get Married To Her??? by Grabezz: 10:07am On Apr 24, 2021
Good day NL I will go straight to the point please pardon my typos, poor construction and spelling errors.

There was this ex of mine Ethel (not real name) we are age mate and very good friends I can say bestie as popularly termed. We were very close with no feelings attached cos I was already in a relationship aimed at marriage.

We became so close that feelings got in and we started dating, it was possible cos my woman was very far from me I mean 12 to 14hrs journey.
The relationship blossomed owing to the fact that we are age mates and best of friends. I can say it's a relationship I find difficult forgetting though my other part wasn't much into it because I already took a step with the other lady and don't want to disappoint her. My friend here was aware of the other relationship as well but what can we do.

One thing led to the other, Ethel left cos she's seen that it won't be easy to divert my attention completely from the other lady. She travelled to her brother's place and met with another guy and they got married.

The marriage didn't last upto two years and they separated as a result of problems from husbands family. Myself left the same relationship that didn't allow me concentrate fully on her which eventually made her entered the said marriage. She never told me she's divorced it was when I called to check up on her and asked after hubby and son that she opened up.

Right now I am considering going back to her, I feel we weren't suppose to leave each other cos of the much understanding we have about each other and the love we've shared.

We've been talking and am thinking marriage with her but still thinking what my people will say and especially what the bible says "And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Matthew 19:9 KJV[color=#000099][/color
] please I need your sincere advise on this.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Enoch07: 10:11am On Apr 24, 2021
sorry bro, you're on your own on this one

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by SUPERPACK: 10:12am On Apr 24, 2021
If love is blind then marriage is an eye opener.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 24, 2021
this one pass me jor..

let me light up my Mary J and wait for our Elders

Modified: ok inspiration don enter my brain now..
op don't go that route with her,it may not end well. let her return back to her husband or date someone else.
no be only her dey this world for you.

lol but Sha my happiness be say during una deceptive bestie bestie entanglement u been sharply shift her pant. I know say u be badguygrin

5 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Sunnybay7: 10:17am On Apr 24, 2021
Your on your own.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by yanabasee1(m): 10:25am On Apr 24, 2021
They say that relationship is different from marriage and the nice girl you date might be a devil when you marry her....

If the first man would divorce her and you only listen from her side of the story that she divorce him because of the troubles from his family.... You should listen from the other side to come to conclusion that what she said is actually true....

Don't rush into what you might regret and open another thread seeking for assistance....

Learn to operate without attaching too much emotions to it as a man.... Your emotions will mislead you.... Men think through without feelings...

I wish you good luck!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by pyyxxaro: 10:37am On Apr 24, 2021
Let’s welcome Pastor Righteousness89 to the podium

As he presides over this issue undecided
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by magnificient7: 10:39am On Apr 24, 2021
Wouldn't have bothered to comment untill I saw the scripture you quoted. Making this post at the religion section would also have been good, so as to get more scriptural opinion.

Now to the topic, no matter the translation you use to read that part of the scripture, the meaning is the same...'whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery'

It is difficult to accept but that is what the scripture says. The fact that your conscience even brings it to your notice is enough not to proceed. Why? Because you will keep second guessing yourself if you are on the right path. Though according to the society, you are legally married but your spirit will always be telling you that you are only committing adultery.

If the promptings become too much, you may wake up one day and 'divorce' her. That would be the worse thing to do to her. Then everyone sees her as an 'unmarriageable" woman, who is just good for sex. You wouldn't want to put her in that position. Let her go and settle her own issues.

You should go find a relationship that you would have absolute peace, ...spiritually, emotionally and physically.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by DaddyRochie1642: 11:07am On Apr 24, 2021
Experience has taught me to always patiently wait and hear the other person's side of the story, no matter how convincing that person is, I'll patiently wait to hear the other person's side of the story before coming to any conclusion or passing judgement or condemning anyone.

From here I can smell Love still dey shack you.... establish communication with the so called EX-husband and try to hear his own side of the story why the marriage collapsed.

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Reex12(m): 11:29am On Apr 24, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Experience has taught me to always patiently wait and hear the other person's side of the story before coming to any conclusion or passing judgement or condemning anyone.

From here I can smell that Love still dey shack you.... Better Open your eyes and establish communication with the so called EX-husband and try to hear his own side of the story why the marriage collapsed.

guy why you dey use female tag you be homo?

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by folabayo(f): 11:44am On Apr 24, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Experience has taught me to always patiently wait and hear the other person's side of the story, no matter how convincing that person is, I'll patiently wait to hear the other person's side of the story before coming to any conclusion or passing judgement or condemning anyone.

From here I can smell Love still dey shack you.... establish communication with the so called EX-husband and try to hear his own side of the story why the marriage collapsed.

I think you should follow this advice.
Love de make person think say life na fairy tales, untill reality sets in

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Freestainworld(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2021
Did you find out why she and her husband divorced? be careful, do a thorough investigation before jumping into a relationship, so you may not regret it later, marriage is different from boyfriend and girlfriend thing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by SavageResponse(m): 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
Be sure of your feelings for her before you go back
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Joetttimua1811(m): 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
pyyxxaro:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Angelacruz: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
D ball is in your court...
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by JONSYN7154: 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2021
Angelacruz:
D ball is in your court...
He doesn't have a ball nor does he have a Court.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by JONSYN7154: 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
pyyxxaro:

He has gone to the mountain to seek for wisdom before answering.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2021
undecided
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2021
Never marry anyone out of pity.

When commitment becomes difficult, it's a sign that you should leave.

Had you guys simply married each other, you probably wouldn't be here seeking for this advice.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Grabezz: 5:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
JONSYN7154:
He has gone to the mountain to seek for wisdom before answering.

Ok am waiting for him too oooo let him come and comment on the matter on ground
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by helinues: 5:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
You need to find out yourself what made her to leave the marriage...

You might have heard one side of the story...
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Debzempire(f): 5:49pm On Apr 24, 2021
Are yhu still with the other lady?
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by DEMZEE(m): 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
U are very dumb. Why settle for an ex wen u can get a brand new bitch!

Dump the bitch and focus on yasef dude
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by fineberry(m): 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
Op you know what they say that "expectaction makes the heart grows fonder" ... By the time u fiinally have this lady you're craving for, baba na you go tire o.

Anyways wetin I know. You need red pillars advice. Good luck man.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Grabezz: 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
Debzempire:
Are yhu still with the other lady?

No
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Grabezz: 10:27pm On Apr 24, 2021
pyyxxaro:

He's yet to comment on this post Sha
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by phemy36(m): 9:27am On Apr 25, 2021
Nigerian females should be avoided by all means
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Fuudz: 9:39am On Apr 25, 2021
I need someone to please give me a list of Federal Government estates located in Aboru, Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by ikillbrokegirls: 10:17am On Apr 25, 2021
Useless post. Don't do broke girls.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Grabezz: 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
ikillbrokegirls:
Useless post. Don't do broke girls.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Get Married To Her??? by Sammy07: 1:19pm On Apr 25, 2021
pyyxxaro:

He's now righteousness2

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Refused To Be Fu*k Last-night. / Some Ladies Are Just Ingrate / Check Out These Pictures From My Court Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.