Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack (70537 Views)

MNJTF Neutralises Insurgents In Babangida, Yobe. Recovers Weapons / Imo Attack: IGP Adamu Arrives Owerri, Security Beefed Up / Civilians Flee Homes As Troops Battle Insurgents In Marte, Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Whiteangel1234: 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2021
Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force and their counterparts from the Nigerian Army and DSS in a joint operation, in the early hours of today 24th April, 2021 stormed the operational headquarters of Insurgents (IPOB Militias) in Awomama Village Oru East LGA of Imo State.

The Insurgents are responsible for the attack on the Imo State Police Headquarters and the headquarters of the Nigerian Correctional Service on 5th April, 2021. They have also carried out series of calculated, violent attacks on security personnel and formations in the south east and south south of the country.

As the security forces approached the base of the insurgents, they came under rapid fire from the group. In a bold and clinical response, the joint security forces fought back gallantly.

The Forces eventually neutralized the overall commander of the insurgents in the Southeast popularly known as Ikonso Commander and six (6) other armed fighters of the insurgent group. Commander Ikonso is known as the Vice President designate as well as the coordinator of all the militia operations of the group.

He was the mastermind and coordinator of the attack on the Imo Police Headquarters and several other attacks on security and military personnel and facilities.

The operation is part of deliberate effort by the Police and other security forces to quel the activities of insurgents in Imo State and other States of the South East and South South region of the country.

After the fierce gun battle, the security team recovered the remains of Ikonso Commander and the six (6) of his fighters. Several sophisticated weapons including six(6) AK47 rifles, hundreds of ammunition of different caliber and lots of charms including bullet Proof charms were recovered from the insurgents.

At the time of filing this report, three policemen and one army officer are receiving treatment having sustained serious bullet injuries during exchange of gunfire with the insurgents.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/breaking-we-have-killed-commander-of-insurgents-police-sources-claim-graphic/

37 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by gasparpisciotta: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
Sunday Chukwuma ‘Igboho’

Nigeria is gradually turning to a trailer with failed brakes on high speed

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Sunshyne200(m): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
It's well with this Nation.

May God heal this country and restore peace to all and sundry

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by colorsofrainbow: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
grin so in otherwords, they mean attack from unknown gunmen has ended.
This could just be the beginning of vengeance on the military.Nnamdi Kanu's height of stubbornness will never accept defeat.
Wahala everywhere for this country

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Coldshisha: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
shocked

Police bullet don naked am, while Kanu flex in UK

Instead of ESN to go and beg the great Sunday Igboho to train them and give them jazz

Well both ESN and Police have scores to settle, so nothing concerns civilians

242 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by chatinent: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
Contradictory statements.

You killed overall leader.

You still call am vice.

You still call am 2ic.

Na wa o.

Where are the arms fa?

How about your own casualties...if you are playing not bias?

167 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Kaduna1stson: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
I don't trust any news that comes from the government. All lies.

233 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Zooposki(f): 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
grin grin

Hope you ain’t Yoruba. The North has already mapped out their path to Lagos seaport.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Coldshisha: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2021
Zooposki:
The whole South should join hands to fight against these Fulani Military because after defeating IPOB they will be coming for Niger Deltans and Yorubas.

They have already carved out the Yoruba territories they are interested in.

Go and humble yourself and ask Sunday Igboho to help you guys

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Faber(m): 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2021
Very sad indeed how this young man's life just ended like that.

15 Likes

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Zooposki(f): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
Coldshisha:

Go and humble yourself and ask Sunday Igboho to help you guys

I be “our Oyel” people.

4 Likes

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Stenewiser: 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
Zooposki:
The whole South should join hands to fight against these Fulani Military because after defeating IPOB they will be coming for Niger Deltans and Yorubas.

it's high time you think straight

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by TripleDdotcom: 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
IPOB Insurgents? is insurgency truly associated with IPOB or it's all a propaganda?

Modified: I now know what insurgency means. Thanks.

By the way, please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg. Thanks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Nigeriabiafra82: 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
Hahahahahhahaha
grin
Another pr
May God help those innocent civilians shot by Nigeria army
Let’s pray this is the commander
please do you mean ipob and ESN now wear military camouflage

30 Likes

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by RMoneyInTheBank: 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
At first, they said they were protecting their forest from killer herdsmen... And it was kind of cool...not until they started attacking security personnel and facilities ... I just hope the new security outfit created by the south east governors will be able to tackle the activities of killer herdsmen and kidnappers

And as for IPOB, no sane human will support their recent activities against security personnel

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Kaduna1stson: 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
Zooposki:

We must get our access to the sea from the middle of Lagos and ogun

2 Likes

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Ekejoestar(m): 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
NPF are jokers

You killed a young man and tagged him IPOB insurgent Commander,,,

ESN are in the bush but you ambushed an innocent man in his house

Go to the bush and get roasted.... Ndi ara

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
I talk am say juju no dey work

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by GTkester: 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
Hehehe. Nigerian police and their unsavoury claims. This was how they claimed they gunned down 12 ESN operatives and just two days after UGM attacked Imo state prison.

I'm not saying anything oh, but I would rather believe this news with pinch of salt.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by triple996(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
angry noooohh!!!!
y would you stop someone that said he wants to burn his backyard to ashes. let them continue to destroy their region. this is bad news 4 me, I don't like this type of news . grin. I

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Nbotee(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
Coldshisha:
shocked

Police bullet don naked am

Instead of ESN to go and beg the great Sunday Igboho to train them and give them jazz

Well both ESN and Police have scores to settle, so nothing concerns civilians

Wen some of una go get sense

5 Likes

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by UstazAhmed(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
Good one guys. I believe so much in our military forces. Smoke them all out. Nigeria must remain one

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Whiteangel1234: 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
Viknat:
I talk am say juju no dey work

Its an ambush , even the biggest Juju will fail if you are taken while asleep in the night unprepared

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Whiteangel1234: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2021
UstazAhmed:
Good one guys. I believe so much in our military forces. Smoke them all out. Nigeria must remain one

It will only get worst Bros .

Boko Haram got worst when Their leader was killed and paraded

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by UstazAhmed(m): 4:19pm On Apr 24, 2021
chatinent:
Contradictory statements.

You killed overall leader.

You still call am vice.

You still call am 2ic.

Na wa o.
Where are the arms fa?
How about your own casualties...if you are playing not bias?
Can't you see those arms displaced

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by UstazAhmed(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2021
Whiteangel1234:

It will only get worst Bros .
Boko Haram got worst when Their leader was killed and paraded
Igbos are not bokoharam. They value their lives

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by GTkester: 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2021
UstazAhmed:

Stop smoking that shit. Even if this news is true (which I'm sure it isn't), the military will never tell you how many of their men UGM killed.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by GodHatesBigots(m): 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2021
Nothing to celebrate here, all hell is about to break out in the east. Remember this is how Boko Haram terror expanded across the whole Northern Nigeria. The army killed their leader and the rest is history.

I feel sorry for the innocent families of the soldiers that will be experiencing mayhem soon..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by UstazAhmed(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2021
GTkester:

Stop smoking that shit. Even if this news is true (which I'm sure it isn't), the military will never tell you how many of their men UGM killed.

Nigeria army is well respected in Africa. You don't mess up with them anyhow!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by triple996(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
I don't trust any news that comes from the government. All lies.
igboman claiming North. be confident enough to accept your identitygrin

36 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photos Of Tinubu Addressing Protesters In Lagos Today / Military Stops Amaechi From Inspecting Polling Units In The State (Photos) / Tony Iwelu Dies Of Electric Shock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.