Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack (70498 Views)

MNJTF Neutralises Insurgents In Babangida, Yobe. Recovers Weapons / Imo Attack: IGP Adamu Arrives Owerri, Security Beefed Up / Civilians Flee Homes As Troops Battle Insurgents In Marte, Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by obama30: 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force and their counterparts from the Nigerian Army and DSS in a joint operation, in the early hours of today 24th April, 2021 stormed the operational headquarters of Insurgents (IPOB Militias) in Awomama Village Oru East LGA of Imo State.

The Insurgents are responsible for the attack on the Imo State Police Headquarters and the headquarters of the Nigerian Correctional Service on 5th April, 2021. They have also carried out series of calculated, violent attacks on security personnel and formations in the south east and south south of the country.

As the security forces approached the base of the insurgents, they came under rapid fire from the group. In a bold and clinical response, the joint security forces fought back gallantly.

The Forces eventually neutralized the overall commander of the insurgents in the Southeast popularly known as Ikonso Commander and six (6) other armed fighters of the insurgent group. Commander Ikonso is known as the Vice President designate as well as the coordinator of all the militia operations of the group.

He was the mastermind and coordinator of the attack on the Imo Police Headquarters and several other attacks on security and military personnel and facilities.

The operation is part of deliberate effort by the Police and other security forces to quel the activities of insurgents in Imo State and other States of the South East and South South region of the country.

After the fierce gun battle, the security team recovered the remains of Ikonso Commander and the six (6) of his fighters. Several sophisticated weapons including six(6) AK47 rifles, hundreds of ammunition of different caliber and lots of charms including bullet Proof charms were recovered from the insurgents.

At the time of filing this report, three policemen and one army officer are receiving treatment having sustained serious bullet injuries during exchange of gunfire with the insurgents.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/breaking-we-have-killed-commander-of-insurgents-police-sources-claim-graphic/

Story for the gods, when did IPOB get commandant? How come the charm vest hang in his body instead if wear

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by DropsMic(m): 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2021
Coldshisha:

That's your dead commander and Kanu together

Calm down.. Try and Show this picture to a photo manipulator.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Ojiofor: 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
My condolences to UGM and their families.
Those charms actually gives false confidence of invincibility. It is indeed too late for some people to borrow sense.

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
grin grin grin baba wan do like Sunday igboho, him no understand as e dey go
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by merits(m): 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
Wasted life.

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by DropsMic(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
Patrioticman007:

What a statement full of wisdom.

You must be a really myopic fellow
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by DropsMic(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
ignis:
I wish they go after the fulani bandits like this

They can but they won't. And there's a reason why.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Kingspin(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
The military and Buhari will jubilant like they captured IS hold in Afghanistan.

But back herdsmen killers with helicopter.

We must defend our father land by foreign aggressors.

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Mrbenny001: 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2021
You're right oo.. I don't know why they choose to toll that way
RMoneyInTheBank:
At first, they said they were protecting their forest from killer herdsmen... And it was kind of cool...not until they started attacking security personnel and facilities ... I just hope the new security outfit created by the south east governors will be able to tackle the activities of killer herdsmen and kidnappers

And as for IPOB, no sane human will support their recent activities against security personnel

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Omoluabi16(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ethnocentrist clowns we have in power. E dey sweet to kill IPOB and label them insurgents. Some uncircumcised prick entered a university abducted and killed students, yet we are still planning on granting them amnesty. This evil government has even refused to label them as terrorists.

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by fk001(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
Hungry looking basta!rd
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Factshunter: 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
WesternOligarch:
grin grin grin baba wan do like Sunday igboho, him no understand as e dey go

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Harunabisanti(m): 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2021
He has actualized his biafran sovereignty. Bad and unsaved journey
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Harunabisanti(m): 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2021
merits:
Wasted life.

Valueless life

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by kenzo25(m): 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2021
If they can kill this man why is Shekau is so difficult for them?? Who is thinking what I am thinking??!?!!
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Asour: 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2021
TripleDdotcom:
IPOB Insurgents? is insurgency truly associated with IPOB or it's all a propaganda?

By the way, please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg. Thanks.

The word 'Insurgency' means rebelling against authority.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Drdreyy: 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2021
how market? see your juju Check page 1 for all the pictures.
CC: Fooolishbuharri Ammishaddai Sammy07 Benbellamor Dabronze InvestingExpert

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by CalmElder(m): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2021
RMoneyInTheBank:
At first, they said they were protecting their forest from killer herdsmen... And it was kind of cool...not until they started attacking security personnel and facilities ... I just hope the new security outfit created by the south east governors will be able to tackle the activities of killer herdsmen and kidnappers

And as for IPOB, no sane human will support their recent activities against security personnel

I'm not Igbo but the atrocities the security personnel did in Obigbo is wrong at all levels.
If the fear of you keep me in check and you go ahead to hurt me, how did my fear help me?
Unnecessary show of force is never the way to go.

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Omoluabi16(m): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2021
RMoneyInTheBank:

I do not really like Ipob, but let's cut them some slack. They have always denied being unknown gunmen behind he attacks. And lets ASSUME they are, why is the government not exploring the option of dialogue or amnesty? They have not kidnapped or murdered 10's of thousands of people.

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Omoodutodaiwa1: 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2021
Security are killing for Nigeria or politicians I just need to ask because I know that our problem is politicians,i think is better for for military to come in now just to cool off all this mention.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by AmbaliJ: 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2021
Smh. Dem don do fake 'ayeta'/bulletproof jazz for this one. Ibos and fake everything.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Harunabisanti(m): 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
Bullet proof charm fails
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by TripleDdotcom: 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
Asour:

The word 'Insurgency' means rebelling against authority.

Thanks jare. I thought it was terrorism cause they use it when talking about boko haram attacks but I now know which characteristics of boko haram they're referring to with the word.

Thanks again

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Naajjii: 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
ha ha good job Nigeria police, kill all those terrorists, we are yet to get rid of Boko haram terrorists in the north east and bandits in north west another insurgents and terrorists are springing in the south east, clampdown on them all

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Kingspin(m): 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
Coldshisha:

Go and humble yourself and ask Sunday Igboho to help you guys

Can you remember how many times that IPOB HAVE been killed by army over the years to think they'll end IPoB now.

You should be worry on the future of the country after your president openly backed terrorism (Pantami). How many kidnapping and killed this week alone?

You posted 350 terrorist in East another hand you kicking against self defence group.

Your hate for ipob deny you reasonable. You neither here or there

Sunday is just coming into the game.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Masterito(m): 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
No one can win Nigeria Army, Sunday Igboho can not even do shit at all.
Coldshisha:

Go and humble yourself and ask Sunday Igboho to help you guys

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Invitationn: 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
GodHatesBigots:
Nothing to celebrate here, all hell is about to break out in the east. Remember this is how Boko Haram terror expanded across the whole Northern Nigeria. The army killed their leader and the rest is history.

I feel sorry for the innocent families of the soldiers that will be experiencing mayhem soon..
So you mean they should leave the leader because 'hell is going to break loose'? grin
Osama bn Laden has been dead for like a decade now ; Alqaeda is still unable to loosen any hell.

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by IpobAntidote: 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2021
chatinent:
Contradictory statements.

You killed overall leader.

You still call am vice.

You still call am 2ic.

Na wa o.

Where are the arms fa?

How about your own casualties...if you are playing not bias?

Pls increase the crying and wailing.

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by EmekaBlue(m): 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
None here is an ESN member

I know what I'm saying. You just killed ipob menber
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Ikea81: 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
lies lies lies , but what was that guy thinking using burnt tyre as bullet proof vest.

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by GodHatesBigots(m): 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
Invitationn:

So you mean they should leave the leader because 'hell is going to break loose'? grin
Osama bn Laden has been dead for like a decade now ; Alqaeda is still unable to loosen any hell.

You want to compare the Nigerian rag tag military to the world’s mightiest army ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lucky Obire: How Kenneth Gbagi Brutalized Me In 2019 - Ex Staff / Photos Of Hauwa Suntai And Her Younger Husband, Ahmed Jarman / Rotimi Amaechi As Best Man To Celestine Omehia During Wedding (Throwback Photo)