Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married (38375 Views)

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Shows Off Her Backside In New Photos / Is This Albino Guy Hot? Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Asks (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by unmask: 5:39am On Apr 25, 2021
SQLmastar:
I believe her die!
We both featured in her waka pass role at age 15. I was her classmate in the movie "stillness" . She was paid $450 for the role.
So it's possible she was a millionaire at age 18.
I sincerely doubt this though. First the exchange rate was a lot lower and actors weren't paid much.....she would have had to be an A-list actor in those years to make that amount in that short period. Let's also not forget she had other responsibilities

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by unmask: 5:41am On Apr 25, 2021
Kirinwa:

Endorsement deals and goodwill.
endorsement in the 90s?

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 25, 2021
dangotesmummy:
Bitter and pained people everywhere

They just can't stand seeing a woman being financially successful and stable
Could acting pay her that much during the 90's?
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 25, 2021
Mysheperd:
Hmm hard work pays
Which hard work she do?

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by ibechris(m): 6:02am On Apr 25, 2021
dangotesmummy:

Her interview about being a millionaire at 18 is questionable. In fact,do u know how much civil servant were earning that time. How much was Mercedes Benz then?
Just listen to her,that she has been working since when she was 15 years old. Then I ask,what kind of work was she into. Abi work no get name.

For me,our young men and women should be careful who they choose to be their role model,because not all that glitters is gold.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by MrIcredible: 6:07am On Apr 25, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Hanty millionaire.
No disrespect, but that is VERY less than likely.
At 18, you were relatively just a nobody who had just been fortunate enough to have been picked to feature in Violated.

Can you tell me how you were a millionaire at 18?
How?

Movie roles at the time cost about 20thousand
to 40thousand naira and that was for lead actors like Liz Benson, Teco Benson, Olu Jacobs and Regina Askia.
Genevieve began entering that class and all she got was envy.

But what if NwaAmaikpe is wrong and you truly were a millionaire at 18, shouldn't you be ashamed that at almost 50, no one or verrrrry few people outside your immediate family can say you lifted them to their peak?

How has your millions impacted the lives of the people you are trying to motivate with this fable?
How many scholarships are in your name?
Asides clout chasing, how many hospital bills in the South East and South South have been taken care of courtesy of you?

If you are a thrillionaire, you are an imaginary thrillionaire in your own pocket.
People like this should go and ask Akon what it means to be successful or rich. It's useless if it benefits no one but you.

While the ignorant hail you, people like myself in my insanest state will not recommend you as a distant role model to anyone.
Is this one normal?
Must she help anyone?
Can't anyone work to become a millionaire too?
Nigerians and their miserable entitlement mentality...

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:16am On Apr 25, 2021
That millionaire is an over statement.
How much does she even cash out then from nollywood when there are not as much smiling endorsement here and there.

If fine to say she was already independent and self sufficient...
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dangotesmummy: 6:26am On Apr 25, 2021
ibechris:

Her interview about being a millionaire at 18 is questionable. In fact,do u know how much civil servant were earning that time. How much was Mercedes Benz then?
Just listen to her,that she has been working since when she was 15 years old. Then I ask,what kind of work was she into. Abi work no get name.

For me,our young men and women should be careful who they choose to be their role model,because not all that glitters is gold.
she said/inferred that she has been doing side hustle here and there and she wasn't a frivolous spender.

Ok let's assume she was into runs ( hypothetically speaking) how many preek she wan Bleep finish wey go turn am to millionaire before 18? No reason am na
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 25, 2021
dammyBoxes:
you are not thinking properly at all.
Emmanuelle is better positioned to make money because she was/is a youtube sensation. Earning about $3000 per youtube videos uploaded as she gets a lot of views. In naira, she is a millionaire and no one ever questions that
But omotola is most likely lying. In fact she is lying.
What roles did she play in 1996-1998 that made her a millionaire. Most movies were not even making up to N200,000 from sales and rentage.
I doubt you were born at this time.
This was a time when you could still buy garri for N1.
Where would she see N1m?
Yes, U Are Right. Omotala Is Lying.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dangotesmummy: 6:27am On Apr 25, 2021
Joysticks:
Could acting pay her that much during the 90's?
acting plus side hussle besides how many Deeks she wan Bleep wey go turn am to millionaire just like that
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by nams77: 6:36am On Apr 25, 2021
Beckysexy:
Started working at the age of 15 and became a millionaire at the age of 18 in the 90s.
OK.
E no shock you grin

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by nams77: 6:40am On Apr 25, 2021
dangotesmummy:

I pity your type.

You are the kind of person whose 17 year old child will drive in a Lexus SUV and you won't bother to ask questions because you don't want to be seen as bitter and pained grin

She said she started working at 15 and became a millionaire by 18 shocked
In Nigeria? If she said she was doing business, I would have overlooked it.
We are not all gullible you know?

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by greypencils: 6:45am On Apr 25, 2021
SirBunky85:
possible in the 90s for omotola who had no prior business other than acting in a waka pass role?omotola just lied
People seem to forget that 1mil as at then is not 1 mil as at now. The valuë of 1 mil in the 90's is no less than 10mil now. So Madame done get 10mil for account at age 18? I dônt think so.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Vipro(m): 6:57am On Apr 25, 2021
CardiNice:
You became a millionaire doing what?
Nigeria journalist don't know how to ask questions, they just ask random questions.
If it was an intelligent person asking her questions, she will be ask to tell the world what she was doing that made her a millionaire at the age of 18.

Because i know that in the western world, every young millionaire In Europe or America has what he or she is doing that has turned them into a millionaire at a very young age. But NIGERIA is so different, you see a young rich guy or lady and you can't tell the job or business he or she does that has brought about the money and cars.
That is Nigeria for you.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dangotesmummy: 7:05am On Apr 25, 2021
nams77:

I pity your type.

You are the kind of person whose 17 year old child will drive in a Lexus SUV and you won't bother to ask questions because you don't want to be seen as bitter and pained grin

She said she started working at 15 and became a millionaire by 18 shocked
In Nigeria? If she said she was doing business, I would have overlooked it.
We are not all gullible you know?
so tell me how many preek she wan Bleep that will make her a millionaire within 3 years? And if she rose to fame with clitocurrency like you are inferring,won't she have fizzled out? Won't her lack of depth have been exposed? Look at Moyo Lawal for example,she was within the same level as Funke Akindele some years back in the 90s ( I need to know) soap opera but hardwork and talent singled Funke out and today Funke Akindele and Moyo Lawal aren't in the same level because 1 used hardwork, consistency and dedication to enter and rise , while the other used clitocurrency and she's still at that same level as we speak

So what's my point if really Omotola used clitocurrency,she should have fizzled out and time should have exposed her source so please stop with the pull her down naija syndrome

Then again tell me how many Naija men no Matter their background will know that the lady who they want to marry is a high class prostitute and still with their eyes wide open marry such woman? If she was doing high class olosho to become a millionaire, will her husband have married her? Let's stop all this unnecessary casting Aspersions because of envy
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by nams77: 7:13am On Apr 25, 2021
dangotesmummy:
so tell me how many preek she wan Bleep that will make her a millionaire within 3 years? And if she rose to fame with clitocurrency like you are inferring,won't she have fizzled out? Won't her lack of depth have been exposed? Look at Moyo Lawal for example,she was within the same level as Funke Akindele some years back in the 90s ( I need to know) soap opera but hardwork and talent singled Funke out and today Funke Akindele and Moyo Lawal aren't in the same level because 1 used hardwork, consistency and dedication to enter and rise , while the other used clitocurrency and she's still at that same level as we speak

So what's my point if really Omotola used clitocurrency,she should have fizzled out and time should have exposed her source so please stop with the pull her down naija syndrome
U got me wrong I never mentioned anything about selling Herself. That is her business. I was only referring to one word she said which I presume to be false.
She said she started working at 15 and became a millionaire by 18( working in Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Awoo88: 7:14am On Apr 25, 2021
This woman dey lie. She got married before her 18th birthday. She was one pretty skinny face in the church when the agbaya impregnated her. They got married to cover the shame. Apparently what the man felt did no fade with time otherwise she would have be married to more than one man.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dangotesmummy: 7:16am On Apr 25, 2021
ibechris:

if she really was into something questionable to make her money by 18 then time will have exposed her source

Time exposed the source of hushpuppis (controversial) wealth
Time exposed the source of Funke Akindele wealth
No matter how clever or smart a person is in gathering money whether through legitimate or questionable sources,time will expose it no wonder an addage says

TIME IS A REVEALER OF ALL THINGS
nobody can cheat time.you can cheat yourself or ,lie to yourself but you don't have control over time
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dangotesmummy: 7:21am On Apr 25, 2021
nams77:

U got me wrong I never mentioned anything about selling Herself. That is her business. I was only referring to one word she said which I presume to be false.
She said she started working at 15 and became a millionaire by 18( working in Nigeria)
you cannot compare 15 year Olds of the 80s and 15 year Olds of now.those days 15 year Olds were matured and carried family responsibilities.they were also resilient.theyre completely different from 15 year Olds who cannot save , discipline themselves or cut down on their expenses to reach a goal within 3years
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Samakus(m): 7:46am On Apr 25, 2021
dangotesmummy:
but she has stated that she was an actress coupled with other side hussle and buisnesses she does here and there but in your myopic mind when women say they're having side hussle to back up the main hussle, your small mind goes to prostitution

Abeg make we hear word Joor

A very lame counter points. Do you know the time we're talking about here? At that time, movie roles don't cost up to 50,000 naira for A-list actors and actresses and she was still a novice.

At 15, she's very likely still in secondary school. So obviously it's either she's lying or she started whoring from a young age

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dangotesmummy: 7:52am On Apr 25, 2021
Samakus:

A very lame counter points. Do you know the time we're talking about here? At that time, movie roles don't cost up to 50,000 naira for A-list actors and actresses and she was still a novice.

At 15, she's very likely still in secondary school. So obviously it's either she's lying or she started whoring from a young age
ok so a 15 year old school girl Will suddenly become a millionaire within 3 years from whoring Abi? grin cheesy

Please receive sense cheesy
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Starz825(m): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2021
she didn't even get married at the age of 18...if I am not mistaken...
she only got pregnant at that age ..not that she was ready for marriage....
I guess she been opening her legs since 15 ( it's possible...illicit sex and under age sex don dey since aiye gbon o) no be today....
funny enough..her body physique sef even at that age no be wetin guy man go fit avoid to touch...
little wonder she got pregnant early
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Bornboy4: 8:14am On Apr 25, 2021
Millionaire at 18?
Father died when young?
It adds up....inheritance!

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Samakus(m): 8:18am On Apr 25, 2021
dangotesmummy:
ok so a 15 year old school girl Will suddenly become a millionaire within 3 years from whoring Abi? grin cheesy

A young woman can become a millionaire in 3days by whoring. Don't act like you are in Mars

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by nams77: 8:21am On Apr 25, 2021
dangotesmummy:
you cannot compare 15 year Olds of the 80s and 15 year Olds of now.those days 15 year Olds were matured and carried family responsibilities.they were also resilient.theyre completely different from 15 year Olds who cannot save , discipline themselves or cut down on their expenses to reach a goal within 3years
You still don't get it. Which company or organization would someone work in the space of 3 years as a 15 year old child and become a millionaire?
Being a millionaire is not just having one million in your account o

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by OdogwuEkeke(m): 8:29am On Apr 25, 2021
All na clout!!

How were you a millionaire at 18 and your face never appear for Forbes by now?

By the way, are you now a billionaire??

Stop all these social media lies abeg cos me sef go talk say we don date for way back. Shebi everyone wan stupid ni
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by OdogwuEkeke(m): 8:31am On Apr 25, 2021
You are not a millionaire because you have 2million in your account ooo
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dammyBoxes: 8:40am On Apr 25, 2021
dangotesmummy:

your case is very special. People are claiming she is lying and they have given valid points. You are just barking. There is absolutely no way omotola had one million naira from working for 3 years in the 1990s. Totally impossible. It is possible now that we have stuff like endorsement deals, the internet etc.
But luckily for her she married a rich man.
Now that changed her story but she does not want to admit that her husband's money has helped her career. She wants us to believe she was equally rich when she married her husband.
I know you would still not understand as I have seen at least 5 of your unreasonable comments here.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dammyBoxes: 8:43am On Apr 25, 2021
Samakus:

A young woman can become a millionaire in 3days by whoring. Don't act like you are in Mars
very true. Some are just more lucky than others.
It is either she is lying or there is another explanation that is most likely shady or as some people said, she probably inherited money or property from her dead dad. But she should not come here deceiving us that she WORKED 3 years and became a millionaire in 1996-1998
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dangotesmummy: 8:45am On Apr 25, 2021
Samakus:

lol smh
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by soojar(m): 8:46am On Apr 25, 2021
dangotesmummy:

Actually, nobody asked her if she was a millionaire or 'hundrednaire', she chose to tell us about it and so it is imperative of her to tell us how she made the money. (Note: this was in the 90s when there was nothing like blogging, you tubing, etc.

Either she lied about being a millionaire or the source of the millions is not something that can inspire people positively.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by seyz91(m): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2021
cheesy
inoki247:
Welcome Motivational Speaker....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Another Lady, A Ghanaian Has Claimed To Be Mercy Johnson's Mother (pic/video) / BBNaija: Tuoyo Begins His Media Tour, Rocks Nadine, Presenter At The Beat FM / Mercy Aigbe Slams 'Nosy' Fan Who Criticized Her Skin Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.