Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,116 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? (17515 Views)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by meobizy(f): 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hmm. More trolls make front page than contributing members. It’s good I gave up on being here a while ago.
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by DeFixer: 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Some are not necessarily social sociable, they keep to their close circle circles

Some are trying to avoid unnecessary billing and see finish

Some are trying to avoid extended family drama and it's accompanying fight the usual fights that follow.

Some have been religiously brainwashed that their extended family can/will hurt them.

Some already know the type of extended family they come from (remember they probably grew up with those extended members), and they know the best thing is to avoid them, if they've got a better family they will have mix freely

Some feels feel they have nothing tangible to gain by mixing with extended family

Fixed

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Friedfred(m): 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
Too much unnecessary competition from the extended family

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by engrben25: 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
use ur head before them go use am for you
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by LORDKing001: 1:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
Righteousness2:

No
But you have it. Ok I need any amount
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by DeFixer: 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2021
Bedrooomsecret:

Envy and jealousy are very common among amongst far distant relations. They do not want you to progress.
One's enemy is a member of his household.

Fixed

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by DeFixer: 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
kimez419:
Because many believe that most extended families family members are either witches and or wizards grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by FirmTR(m): 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
Esanboy111:
cheesy it’s either your cousins or extended families are poor or you’re poor... nobody want to associate with poverty... happy Sunday

That's not true.
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by oluwaseyi0: 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
DeFixer:

Fixed

Thanks
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by femi4: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
mamagee3:
Hi all, why would anyone not want to be close to their cousins or their aunts but are close to their immediate family ?

And is it strange for there not to be a cordial relationship between cousins?
When they are not in good terms with your parents
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by roldet804(m): 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
Wolfeye:

The only useful comment in the whole of this thread. But some people won’t realize till 2030.
I swear
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Oshokalo: 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
na different things dey cause am o,until u are in that shoe,come to spiritual,financial,neglect from childhood, I no u no

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Famocious(m): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
-Rivalry
-low key beefing
-inferiority complex
-for mental health and sanity..

4 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by GeneralPula: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2021
But ma own reason just get as e be..

Back then, if I hear say family members are coming for a visit, nah that day you no go find me for house!

I dislike feeling attached right from when I was young - zero familiarity !

Lord help sha!

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
mamagee3:
Hi all, why would anyone not want to be close to their cousins or their aunts but are close to their immediate family ?

Very funny. You must be an extended family person who likes partying around. So, one must be close to cousins. Right? Very funny..
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
mamagee3:

I don't know my cousins, really not interested in knowing them any time soon. My family and kid are enough responsibility.

We came alone, and should push the course our lives with this knowledge in mind

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by seyz91(m): 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
confirm!
saphiere:
Most of us don't just like wahala from extended family.
The smaller your circle the less your worries.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Herrmes: 2:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
Wolfeye:

The only useful comment in the whole of this thread.
But some people won’t realize till 2030.
Binance works in Nigeria?
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Mogadishuu: 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
mamagee3:

1st time I am seeing a reasonable topic from you
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by 2elliot: 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2021
The so called white people we emulate so much still value extended families, and so keep ties. So many of us were raised and trained by our extended family members when we lost our breadwinning parents. They became our support base. That bonding among extended families was what made us Africans. But since we want to throw away the bath water with the child, we can as well throw away common sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by BruncleZuma: 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Dem no sabi me, I no get "Our Brother" money...yet

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by 2elliot: 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

I don't know my cousins, really not interested in knowing them any time soon. My family and kid are enough responsibility.

We came alone, and should push the course our lives with this knowledge in mind
Just say you have very terrible extended family members you are a voiding or that you are a terrible person, if not there is no sense in cutting of anyone who is good to you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by vincentjk(m): 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2021
We used to but after my dad passed on, then I realised how divided the extended family has been all through lowkey. They began asking my mum what she did to my dad that killed him.

We're igbos and as usual cost of burial was so high, they all claimed they don't have money. If any of them call my name again in this life na thunder go fire that person

Family kee them dere

4 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Kebbiprince: 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
meobizy:
Hmm. More trolls make front page than contributing members. It’s good I gave up on being here a while ago.
How do you mean, mamagee asked a good question this time

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Kebbiprince: 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
Madd44:
Base on my intellectual capacity and my vast knowledge, tactically and tentatively, right from the beginning of times especially in the light of Ecclesiastes evolution I have come to a concrete definite and profound conclusion that I actually have nothing to say.
You don too cast, nobody de read this your nonsense anymore

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
2elliot:
Just say you have very terrible extended family members you are a voiding or that you are a terrible person, if not there is no sense in cutting of anyone who is good to you.

No need insulting people or passing judgement on someone you hardly know. Live life with your own convictions but don't force it down the throat of others. The beauty of life is having varying perspective yet living peacefully with others.

I was created to live my live to the full and not to look for cousins that I have hardly met all my life.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by FirmTR(m): 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
It's not necessarily because of money.
Most times its because of ego and maybe you weren't really close while growing up.

Our parents should be held accountable for this, they should try to bring their children closer to their relatives(immediate ones at least) when they are still young.

Like me, im closer to my mother's family and that's because my parents used to take me to their places when I was a child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by SavageResponse(m): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

No need insulting people or passing judgement on someone you hardly know. Live life with your own convictions but don't force it down the throat of others. The beauty of life is having varying perspective yet living peacefully with others.

I was created to live my live to the full and not to look for cousins that I have hardly met all my life.

All the best

But if one of your cousins suddenly becomes a state governor ot federal minister tomorrow I'm sure you will do everything possible to identify with that person!

3 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by GGirll: 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Some are not necessarily social, they keep to their close circle

Some are trying to avoid unnecessary billing and see finish

Some are trying to avoid extended family drama and it's accompanying fight

Some have been religiously brainwashed that their extended family can/will hurt them.

Some already know the type of extended family they come from (remember they probably grew up with those extended members), and they know the best thing is to avoid them, if they've got a better family they will have mix freely

Some feels they have nothing tangible to gain by mixing with extended family

I'm like that because of your 4th paragraph here....I grew up with them n I saw hell cos they never thought my family can amount to anything but today the table had changed n they now need my association but I made up my mind about them since 2006 n I kept my word. Not hating just avoiding d people that made my life very miserable as a kid.

6 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2021
Billing
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Paramount01(m): 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
mamagee3:

Are you saying it’s a bad thing?

Yes,it is bad.I was train like that but I am regretting it now,family first!!!
Eniyan laso eniyan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Facebook User Touching Tribute To His Mom / GEE WEARS!! Gowns,Sneakers,2pc, Jean,Hat,Turkey,Nig,China,Dubia, V / He Has Changed.. Almost Completely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.