Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? (17499 Views)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by wpadmin: 12:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
Many reasons
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Austin179: 12:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
simply because family problem no day finish

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by helinues: 12:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
Not everyone is interested in familiarity

OBALOLA55

3 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Righteousness2(m): 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
The Brother or Sister I have is the one that Believes what I Believe.
The Brother, Sister I have is the one that Loves JESUS!

That's how I Live.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Sailorsoldier1: 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
The only family I know is me, my wife and my kids... Then my mum n dad....all others na OYO

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by jaxxy(m): 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
mamagee3:
Hi all, why would anyone not want to be close to their cousins or their aunts but are close to their immediate family ?

And is it strange for there not to be a cordial relationship between cousins?

Family is who is there for u and cares for u. Anything else is unnecessary baggage.

Now seeing ur relatives shud be based on how much of a family u are with them.

5 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by tunary(m): 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
Because of their wickedness

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Image123(m): 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
It largely depends on upbringing and financial status of the two parties. You tend to flow with people you are compatible with. If the two parties are compatible, they will flow. If there is incompatibilities like in mindsets, religion, finance, education, in-laws etc, they will not flow.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by kimez419: 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
Because many believe most extended families are witches and wizards grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by LORDKing001: 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
Tony142:

billing
Bill gate
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by LORDKing001: 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Brother or Sister I have is the one that Believes what I Believe.
The Brother, Sister I have is the one that Loves JESUS!

That's how I Live.
I believe in Jesus. Can I get 5k from you awaiting your reply

9 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Tony142: 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
Kentuforchrist:
to avoid "so u make it before my son,we shall see"

Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Wolfeye: 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
This differences between Spot trading and Futures trading, and introduces basic concepts to help you read deeper into futures contract.

In a futures market, prices on the exchange are not ‘settled’ instantly, unlike in a traditional spot market. Instead, two counterparties will make a trade on the contract, with settlement on a future date (when the position is liquidated).

Important note: Due to how the futures market calculates unrealized profit and loss, a futures market does not allow traders to directly buy or sell the commodity; instead, they are buying a contract representation of the commodity, which will be settled in the future. The main difference between spot and futures prices is that spot prices are for immediate buying and selling, while futures contracts delay payment and delivery to predetermined future dates. The spot price is usually below the futures price.

Good morning,
Use the link to register we both get $200 coin
https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=H1R24WDO

https://chat(dot)hatsapp(dot)com/GLIe4YCQNKwHvG9lmwM0N3

Replace the dot with . as in full

The only useful comment in the whole of this thread.
But some people won’t realize till 2030.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by hibeebeeking: 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
Its complicated. Don't compare your family to others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Righteousness2(m): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2021
LORDKing001:

I believe in Jesus. Can I get 5k from you awaiting your reply
No

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by dederocs(m): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2021
mamagee3:
Hi all, why would anyone not want to be close to their cousins or their aunts but are close to their immediate family ?

Normal, love them from far...if you no get money dem no know you, and they are selfish, some not all.
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by BareFacedLies(m): 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2021
mamagee3:

Mamagee3 you made it to front page grin

This is worth celebrating.

I will be merciless when next I catch you in Za oza room

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by humberjade: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2021
9jayes:
One thing I noticed is that cousins always very close, play together when they’re kids but they start giving themselves space as they’re growing older.

Exactly...it happens alot...especially when their parents start murmuring into their ears...they start comparing

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by dododawa1: 12:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
dey your LINE and I dey my LINE method

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Unified07: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2021
that's one of the most precious things Nigerians threw away in the name of civilisation and mind your business
as for me my cousins are my best friends nothing beats a united extended families nothing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by ikorodureporta: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2021
Parents are the cause.
They don't bring them together during visitation, meetings, making calls, etc
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2021
so many reasons but first it has to do with orientation from parents to there kids about there other cousins.....whatever parents tells there kids at young age tend to sink deep, so they may not want to come close especially if its those cousins that stay abroad.

another is ill treatment..if you have ever gone to your uncle's and aunties for assistance and they refuse, you may not want to come close to there kids, your cousins.

what they hear daily about us here in this part of the world, especially if they stay abroad

lastly, what they must have heard about you. so everyone tend to stay away from you!

never mind about extended families not coming close or staying far from you, just be focus and succeed in life first, then your success will attract them and everyone to you!

3 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Savagethe21st(m): 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2021
humilitypays:
as if you have 1 kobo to give to anybody angry

The only truly successful Nigerian lady that have enough to give out true her personal hardwork is Linda Ikeji. The rest of you are selfish, wicked, brokeass forming classy wannabes feeding off men undecided
humility where have you been?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by BareFacedLies(m): 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by ordovicianonly(f): 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
To avoid unnecessary dramas,taxing ,see finish and haters .

Families have plenty dramas especially the toxic ones

So the best thing to have your sanity is to totally avoid them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by BareFacedLies(m): 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
This differences between Spot trading and Futures trading, and introduces basic concepts to help you read deeper into futures contract.

In a futures market, prices on the exchange are not ‘settled’ instantly, unlike in a traditional spot market. Instead, two counterparties will make a trade on the contract, with settlement on a future date (when the position is liquidated).

Important note: Due to how the futures market calculates unrealized profit and loss, a futures market does not allow traders to directly buy or sell the commodity; instead, they are buying a contract representation of the commodity, which will be settled in the future. The main difference between spot and futures prices is that spot prices are for immediate buying and selling, while futures contracts delay payment and delivery to predetermined future dates. The spot price is usually below the futures price.

Good morning,
Use the link to register we both get $200 coin
https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=H1R24WDO

https://chat(dot)hatsapp(dot)com/GLIe4YCQNKwHvG9lmwM0N3

Replace the dot with . as in full

No be this one we dey talk for here angry

4 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by alexola20(m): 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
Me wey don cut off every family member nko?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

n / Mom Whose Kids Burnt To Death In Ondo State Speaks In Heartbreaking FB Post / Are Men Really Polygamous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.