Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ (8317 Views)

8 Important Ways To Manage Yourself As A Christian. / Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself / Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by AntiChristian: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

My joy is that you believe in him, you'll never see a Christian that will strongly believe in muhamnad.. Baby Aishat husband doesn't worth emulating talkless of believing in him.

But you believe in him as your Messiah, even Muhammad while alive believe in Jesus as his Messiah. That's our joy too as Christians

Of cos Christians especially like are haters of Muslims. They are wired so by Paul in the letters he wrote to the Corinthians in Nigeria.

You have joy when we believe Jesus is the Messiah, son of Mary. But when we say Jesus is the slave of Allah and not son of God as stated in our texts you vex! Hypocrisy.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
Thank you, my Lord.

❤❤❤❤

Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by OyinO: 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2021
FAITH in Christ has FAILED Leah Sharibu. Nansense an ingredient.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by OyinO: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

Of cos Christians especially like are haters of Muslims. They are wired so by Paul in the letters he wrote to the Corinthians in Nigeria.

You have joy when we believe Jesus is the Messiah, son of Mary. But when we say Jesus is the slave of Allah and not son of God as stated in our texts you vex! Hypocrisy.

Both your Jesus and Allah are fa**. They are slave Masters of invading imperialists and Jihadists. They don't belong to Africa. They are two sides of the same coin. They are tools of divide and conquer.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by TruthHurts1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
We don't give a damn what you think about our Saviour!

Your illiterate child rapist "prophet" was created to be mocked and reviled like the low life he was.

[img]https://images./4UjOcSpTASmEOwHm05N0aO.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./6JEjhifCDNJ7gBqIY3BgOU.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:

Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by iamteegee(m): 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
Because after the sacrifice he said no more sacrifice to be made
AntiChristian:
I do believe in him but I don't believe in him as God or son of God or sharing divinity with God.

The Lord our God is one (Ahad), not three in one.

And what does the Lord need a son for?

1. To help him in what he can't do.

2. To represent him when he's not around.

3. To inherit him when he dies.

4. I really don't know why!

I can't imagine God having a son then sending same to be ritually sacrificed on the cross for others to be saved!

So why do we punish babalawo/dibia and their cohorts who commit similar killing for others to be saved from poverty, etc?
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by AntiChristian: 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
iamteegee:
Because after the sacrifice he said no more sacrifice to be made

Where did Yahweh say such?
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by nyiamfrank: 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
TruthHurts1:
We don't give a damn what you think about our Saviour!

Your illiterate child rapist "prophet" was created to be mocked and reviled like the low life he was.

[img]https://images./4UjOcSpTASmEOwHm05N0aO.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./6JEjhifCDNJ7gBqIY3BgOU.jpg[/img]

MrNipplesLover:
Thank you, my Lord.

❤❤❤❤
Pizzaaronmy:
100% sure bet 9ja game available today

Payment after winning

Msg me now on WhatsApp
Have you all seen how Christian posts are without declaration. When I write about this, the hypocrite Seun will order his jobless mynd419 to delete my post. I don't know why they refused to ban me but they keep deleting my write-ups. If this post was concerning Islam, will these terrorists come here to write rubbish like daily untrust newspaper? If you don't ban me you must hear from me. Nairaland just like Nigerian government, you tell them the truth, they section you
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by iamteegee(m): 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

Where did Yahweh say such?

Jesus paid the highest price, before he died he said its finished............... I hope your not anti God wiry your avatar
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by jimmynauty: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
Raycelove:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Here are five ways to have faith in Jesus Christ

1) You need to seek Jesus Christ(hope) Holy Spirit( Righteousness)

2) You need to believe in His words and He as the only begotten Son of the most high God.

3) You need to receive Him into your body, heart and soul .

4) You need to have the love of Christ in you

5) You need to have patience of the Holy Spirit to cast away fear and doubt.

Feel free to drop your views, thoughts and ask questions

Faith or believe is simply mental accent to His promise.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Raycelove: 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
Columbine:
explain your no 5
To develop patience of the fruit of the Holy Spirit not to give up Hope in Jesus Christ.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Kobojunkiee: 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
jimmynauty:

Faith or believe is simply mental accent to His promise.
In the Bible, faith refers to the cumulative works done in submission and obedience to the commandments of God. undecided

The world's definition of the word "faith" which assumes mental accent is not according to the Word of God. undecided
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Akuruoulo(m): 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
Allforlove:

Send me message on whataspp
okay
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:29am On Apr 26, 2021
AntiChristian:

See effect of damage control, sorry ERU allah grin shey la inside Quran Paul wired Christians in his letters he wrote to the Corinthians in Nigeria

AntiChristian:

Yes, it is our joy that you believe in him as your Messiah. Wait Who's allah? Quran says There is No God except allah, how did you want us to believe in allah that is NOT God talkless of taking Jesus Christ as slave of allah? No one including muhammad ever heard directly from allah, you're serving a god (allah) that has eyes but couldn't see, you're serving a god that has mouth but couldn't talks
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by jimmynauty: 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
In the Bible, faith refers to the cumulative works done in submission and obedience to the commandments of God. undecided

The world's definition of the word "faith" which assumes mental accent is not according to the Word of God. undecided

Okay how do you 'receive' Him according to jn 1:12

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2021
jimmynauty:

Okay how do you 'receive' Him according to jn 1:12

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
To receive/accept Him entails trusting and obeying Him. Jesus Christ is a Law, the New Covenant agreement that God promised His people through His prophets. And the way you receive or accept a Law is to submit to and obey the Law. undecided
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by jimmynauty: 8:13pm On Apr 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
To receive/accept Him entails trusting and obeying Him. Jesus Christ is a Law, the New Covenant agreement that God promised His people through His prophets. And the way you receive or accept a Law is to submit to and obey the Law. undecided

I Accept that am replying to a person is to mentally accent so.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2021
jimmynauty:

I Accept that am replying to a person is to mentally accent so.
I see I misspelled the word there... it is instead "Assent" not "accent". undecided
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by jimmynauty: 8:44am On Apr 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I see I misspelled the word there... it is instead "Assent" not "accent". undecided

Mental assent is mental agreement.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Kobojunkie: 9:00am On Apr 29, 2021
jimmynauty:

Mental assent is mental agreement.
...where faith is submission and obedience to commandments/rules given in the teachings of Jesus Christ instead. undecided
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by jimmynauty: 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
...where faith is submission and obedience to commandments/rules given in the teachings of Jesus Christ instead. undecided

How do you obey this verse without mental assent?

Philemon 6

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
jimmynauty:

How do you obey this verse without mental assent?

Philemon 6

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
That verse was not given you by Jesus Christ and for good reason. Probably so that those whose hearts are still full of doubt can approach Him even in. undecided

Also bear in mind that Paul's letter to even Philemon was written to those who already believe, but Jesus Christ calls even those who do not believe to Himself. undecided
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by jimmynauty: 6:13am On Apr 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That verse was not given you by Jesus Christ and for good reason. Probably so that those whose hearts are still full of doubt can approach Him even in. undecided

Also bear in mind that Paul's letter to even Philemon was written to those who already believe, but Jesus Christ calls even those who do not believe to Himself. undecided

Have you mentally viewed a naked lady?
Have you then desired her?
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Kobojunkie: 6:29am On Apr 30, 2021
jimmynauty:

Have you mentally viewed a naked lady?
Have you then desired her?
No, and No. undecided

What has that to do with this? undecided
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by jimmynauty: 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No, and No. undecided

What has that to do with this? undecided

You mentally assented to what you know about you by reacting.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
jimmynauty:

You mentally assented to what you know about you by reacting.
Faith, as I already explained, has nothing to do with that. undecided
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by jimmynauty: 10:35pm On Apr 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Faith, as I already explained, has nothing to do with that. undecided

Your perception tho.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2021
jimmynauty:

Your perception tho.
This has nothing to do my perception but the Truth of God.

1. From the Genesis, to Revelations, you are continually told that the only way to please God is through obedience of His commandments undecided

2. You are given examples of men who obeyed God's various commands and rules, and how each one of them when rewarded for it and you are also told of numerous men who chose disobedience and were punished for it. undecided

3. Then you are reminded that sin is disobedience, a choice made against God. And that those who obey God do so by faith, your first hint that faith has to do with obedience where sin is the opposite undecided

4. Then Jesus Christ came preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, promising it only to those who obey. The same Jesus Christ also states that those who love Him are those who obey Him. Then He goes on to say that for those who abide in Him(trust and obey His teachings), He will abide in, and they will ask anything in His name and He will do it. Again liking the idea of faith which He preached to obedience of His commandments. undecided

.... I can go on but anyone who has really studied that book called the Bible, and gleaned the teachings of Jesus Christ will come away realizing that indeed Faith as spoken of in scripture has to do with obedience of the word of God and not some mental assent to ideas of a positive kind. undecided
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by jimmynauty: 7:05am On May 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This has nothing to do my perception but the Truth of God.

1. From the Genesis, to Revelations, you are continually told that the only way to please God is through obedience of His commandments undecided

2. You are given examples of men who obeyed God's various commands and rules, and how each one of them when rewarded for it and you are also told of numerous men who chose disobedience and were punished for it. undecided

3. Then you are reminded that sin is disobedience, a choice made against God. And that those who obey God do so by faith, your first hint that faith has to do with obedience where sin is the opposite undecided

4. Then Jesus Christ came preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, promising it only to those who obey. The same Jesus Christ also states that those who love Him are those who obey Him. Then He goes on to say that for those who abide in Him(trust and obey His teachings), He will abide in, and they will ask anything in His name and He will do it. Again liking the idea of faith which He preached to obedience of His commandments. undecided

.... I can go on but anyone who has really studied that book called the Bible, and gleaned the teachings of Jesus Christ will come away realizing that indeed Faith as spoken of in scripture has to do with obedience of the word of God and not some mental assent to ideas of a positive kind. undecided

Hebrews 11
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Let's dissect this definition of faith. Note substance/evidence. Give us the Greek meaning and the part of speech used.
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On May 01, 2021
jimmynauty:

Hebrews 11
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Let's dissect this definition of faith. Note substance/evidence. Give us the Greek meaning and the part of speech used.
For the umpteenth time, Hebrews 11 does not give you a definition of faith but instead a description of the place of faith where that which you ask/seek/knock for is concerned. undecided

Even the very act of believing in Jesus Christ is an act of obedience to the commandment given by Jesus Christ to those who will follow Him. undecided

Faith and believe is not unique to believers since unbelievers also practice it too. For example, as an employee at any firm, you obey your employer when you believe that he will, as he stated, honor whatever contract he made 2with you. undecided

By your obedience to the commands given you as far as you work schedule, your responsibilities and duties each day, you express your faith in his process. And all that work you do is the substance of what you hope for, your paycheck and or promotion; the evidence of the things you expect or hope for in this agreement that is the job you have. undecided

Again, Hebrews 11 is not a definition of faith but a description of the relationship between faith and that which you expect or hope for. undecided
Re: Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ by jimmynauty: 3:40pm On May 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
For the umpteenth time, Hebrews 11 does not give you a definition of faith but instead a description of the place of faith where that which you ask/seek/knock for is concerned. undecided

Even the very act of believing in Jesus Christ is an act of obedience to the commandment given by Jesus Christ to those who will follow Him. undecided

Faith and believe is not unique to believers since unbelievers also practice it too. For example, as an employee at any firm, you obey your employer when you believe that he will, as he stated, honor whatever contract he made 2with you. undecided

By your obedience to the commands given you as far as you work schedule, your responsibilities and duties each day, you express your faith in his process. And all that work you do is the substance of what you hope for, your paycheck and or promotion; the evidence of the things you expect or hope for in this agreement that is the job you have. undecided

Again, Hebrews 11 is not a definition of faith but a description of the relationship between faith and that which you expect or hope for. undecided

You keep dribbling yourself. Oh dear.

Using your analogy

The employee mentally assent to the employers ability to honor his part hence his obedience. You cannot obey what you mentally do not assent/agree to...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? / How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? / Don't Imitate Celebrities When You Want To Do Charitable Deeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.