Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? (1027 Views)

Ladies: Have You Ended A Relationship Before Because Of Penis Size? / Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee / Sure Ways To Spot An Emotionally Abusive Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
I've been in an abusive relationship before and I can tell that it wasn't healthy for me.

It wasn't the money but my peace of mind is what I cared about.

I always want to go out and work things out for myself.

Many things happened.
calling names, trust issues, making me always be afraid of going out with people because he thought I wouldn't be faithful �

I prayed and asked myself if this is really for me.

I struggled within me and almost went into depression because of someone who never took me as one of his top priorities.

His business was always first which I didn't dispute but for the fact that he never visited me for a whole year until December and that he never allowed me to visit him and never wanted me to see his family members or visit his home town made the whole thing worse.

So I started realizing that I was in a wrong relationship cause I suspected so many things which I never confronted him of.

When I did confront him, he was shocked and surprised how I was able to do that but I had enough courage and had to walk out of such relationship cause it wasn't healthy. �

So, have you been in such relationship or abusive relationship before? and how did you manage it.

Are you in it currently?
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Kobicove(m): 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
Anyone who had any sense of self-worth should not be in such a relationship!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
Exactly �✌️
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Guavo: 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
you will feel and know everything is not right,but then you feel so so powerless to walk away from that relationship. I felt emotionally and mentally drained and enslaved,but lacked the courage ,then,to make a more informed chioce. I could not believe i felt lost,empty and depressive when i finally left,within some months of dissociating from her but my mood got better with time . I have been scared to love ever since then,even at my tender age. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Bola146(f): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
I thank God for my life, i don't wait until the abusive start. I love my precious life cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2021
Guavo, being in an emotionally abusive relationship is one thing, walking out of it is another thing..

Then, finding love again is another thing.
One thing you should understand is that true love isn't easy to find..

Let me put it this way.
Finding someone who knows your value, someone who understands and has the same interests, ambitions, understanding with you isn't easy.

So the whole thing lies on what you feel about it.
What you believe.

I'm not trying to motivate but what you feel and think is what gets attracted to you.

If you are not able to find love again, probably because you've made up your mind not to.

Or because whenever you remember what has happened in the past, you won't think of loving someone anymore.

You have to let go of your past.
Because if you keep allowing your past to disturb you, moving on will be a big problem.
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
Guavo:
you will feel and know everything is not right,but then you feel so so powerless to walk away from that relationship. I felt emotionally and mentally drained and enslaved,but lacked the courage ,then,to make a more informed chioce. I could not believe i felt lost,empty and depressive when i finally left,within some months of dissociating from her but my mood got better with time . I have been scared to love ever since then,even at my tender age. It is well.

Guavo, being in an emotionally abusive relationship is one thing, walking out of it is another thing..

Then, finding love again is another thing.
One thing you should understand is that true love isn't easy to find..

Let me put it this way.
Finding someone who knows your value, someone who understands and has the same interests, ambitions, understanding with you isn't easy.

So the whole thing lies on what you feel about it.
What you believe.

I'm not trying to motivate but what you feel and think is what gets attracted to you.

If you are not able to find love again, probably because you've made up your mind not to.

Or because whenever you remember what has happened in the past, you won't think of loving someone anymore.

You have to let go of your past.
Because if you keep allowing your past to disturb you, moving on will be a big problem.
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
lipsrsealed

Like I do tell my dudes--"that my peace of mind is over everything"..... Infact, I can't trade my peace of mind for anything else,no matter how and what...

Tho it hasn't happened to me before but it happened to someone my friend knew....That should be about four years ago precisely...A female and a student of Delsu as at then...

She was in an abusive relationshiip,to the extent that the cultist whom she was dating used to beat her at any slightest provocation

Wetin pain me pass na be say na only her be the child of he parents..She couldn't even report the guy to her parents via say they'd feel so disappointed..

My guy was already crushing on her but no body warned him to run for his life before his life would be endangered like hers'
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Truthabulabula(m): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
Yeah
Ended up with she being after the money.
Worst experience with any lady.
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

Like I do tell my dudes--"that my peace of mind is over everything"..... Infact, I can't trade my peace of mind for anything else,no matter how and what...

Tho it hasn't happened to me before but it happened to someone my friend knew....That should be about four years ago precisely...A female and a student of Delsu as at then...

She was in an abusive relationshiip,to the extent that the cultist whom she was dating used to beat her at any slightest provocation

Wetin pain me pass na be say na only her be the child of he parents..She couldn't even report the guy to her parents via say they'd feel so disappointed..

My guy was already crushing on her but no body warned him to run for his life before his life would be endangered like hers'

Wow, that's a very sad story.
Anyways, I see no reason why a man should beat his woman.

I know women, we have mouth to talk but the ability to control it is another thing too..

This leads to physical abuse which is another content for another day but the moment a man beats a lady, there's no proof that he's going to stop when he gets married to the person except the intervention of our creator. (God)
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
Truthabulabula:
Yeah
Ended up with she being after the money.
Worst experience with any lady.

Chaiii, well some women are after the money but you should be able to perceive from afar.

Though people do pretend.

That's why some men like hiding their identities to actually know if the lady is after their money or for real love.
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Truthabulabula(m): 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2021
Preciouskalu:

Chaiii, well some women are after the money but you should be able to perceive from afar.

That's why some men like hiding their identities to actually know if the lady is after their money or for real love.
Men aren't all that bad, it's just experience.

Then I hated women so much you'll believe a man carried me for nine months.

Whenever she was in need, she'll purchase CD's while coming.
Play the seducing games you ladies play and viola! Things must drop

Feel so sad typing this right now.
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Truthabulabula:

Men aren't all that bad, it's just experience.

Then I hated women so much you'll believe a man carried me for nine months.

Whenever she was in need, she'll purchase CD's while coming.
Play the seducing games you ladies play and viola! Things must drop

Feel so sad typing this right now.

You're right..

Experience make people change.
People also make people change.

But you can't continue living in your past or remembering your past cause it's going to make you slow down in moving on or not moving on at all..

It's all about what you feel and believe.

I've passed through shits but letting them go has been the best decision ever.

But, never making those mistakes again.

That's the lesson.

When you experience something, you either learn from it or you Continue making those mistakes or it slows you down.

Slow down in moving ON happens when you're not able to forgive yourself and set a prisoner free, realizing that the prisoner was you.
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Skyfornia(m): 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
Preciouskalu:

So have you found love?
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 5:25pm On Apr 25, 2021
Skyfornia:

So have you found love?

smiley Finding true love isn't easy.

But giving love a try isn't bad.
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Skyfornia(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
Preciouskalu:

smiley Finding true love isn't easy.

But giving love a try isn't bad.

Do you want to give it another try? I'm here
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
Skyfornia:

Do you want to give it another try? I'm here

grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Skyfornia(m): 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
Preciouskalu:

grin grin grin

You won't consider me?
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Truthabulabula(m): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
Can't tell what took me to your profile though but, you got a cute smile. smiley

Thanks for the words of wisdom. You just got a new follower wink

Preciouskalu:

You're right..

Experience make people change.
People also make people change.

But you can't continue living in your past or remembering your past cause it's going to make you slow down in moving on or not moving on at all..

It's all about what you feel and believe.

I've passed through shits but letting them go has been the best decision ever.

But, never making those mistakes again.

That's the lesson.

When you experience something, you either learn from it or you Continue making those mistakes or it slows you down.

Slow down in moving ON happens when you're not able to forgive yourself and set a prisoner free, realizing that the prisoner was you.

Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
Skyfornia:

You won't consider me?

You're funny grin

Finding love isn't easy though (for me I believe it's from your mindset)

So, I have a partner currently.
Trying to figure out how things are gonna be.
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
Truthabulabula:
Can't tell what took me to your profile though but, you got a cute smile. smiley

Thanks for the words of wisdom. You just got a new follower wink

Awww, thanks so much smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Skyfornia(m): 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
Preciouskalu:

You're funny grin

Finding love isn't easy though (for me I believe it's from your mindset)

So, I have a partner currently.
Trying to figure out how things are gonna be.

Okay..wishing you luck. Hope it turn out good. You deserve to be happy and loved...me too.
Re: Have You Ever Been In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship Before? by Preciouskalu(f): 5:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
Skyfornia:

Okay..wishing you luck. Hope it turn out good. You deserve to be happy and loved...me too.

Thanks so much.

Wishing you luck too.

Everyone deserves to be happy it's just finding the one you can term PERFECT

(1) (Reply)

Red Pill: This Particular Trait Makes You A Beta Male. / Be careful, Else Your Misery Starts The Day You Have Unprotected Sex !!! / See Why I Will Breakup With My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.