Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? (43213 Views)

Truck Driving School / "Earning N50M Annually In Nigeria But Considered Poor In Developed Countries" / How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2021
I have a truck for sale....dm for price negotiation....
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by samwillyco1(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2021
antimason:

I learnt with a MAN diesel, but I have driven MACK and SCANIA trucks. its quite easy when you put your mind to it, especially if you know how to drive cars already.

How long will it take me to learn
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2021
I have trucks for sale....dm for price negotiation
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Hcqmela: 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2021
I have 3 Questions I would love to ask

1.Can a woman learn how to drive a truck?

2.How much is the minimum wage for truck drivers in Nigeria and Diaspora(if you know it)

3.Whats the beginner's friendly truck brand you can use to learn truck driving as a newbie?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by hardon1(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2021
dragnet001:
I knew we have Abdul... from Edo State

Yea... A lot of people don't know. Truck drivers make money. I live around truck drivers, these guys dont lack money unless dem no enter road

If no be liver wey I no too much get, I for don learn tagt skill

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Shellsploit: 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2021
Leun:
Yes, in fact I drive only in Euro Truck Simulator and see what I caused.

bro i sight u...
am an addict to euto truck simulator.
I have finished all trips on ETS!

Na to down American truck simulator remain.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Edipee(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
NawtyC001:

After finishing school, I have been looking for way to source means.
I read Education in school butbit difficult finding a school to teach that can pay up to #15k.

Now I'm independent, no parent care no means of surviving, the only option I have now is to go and learn yahoo.I have never considered the truck driving job.But I'm now interested. I don't know if you can assist me to learn it,and I want to be certain if I can get a job immediately I'm done learning. so I'm ready to come to learn or be your conductor.

it's better than scamming or begging online.
But na money to dey feed be issue now,if you go fit do am,make I carry my Kaya dey come like this.
life no kukuma fair oo

I feel your paids bro. Send me a dm.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by kponkedenge(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
gunnersway:
I used to be fascinated by trucks but not anymore. Not since I started seeing how the kind of trucks been used to convey containers look so awful, scary and very difficult a job to do. One incident like that, a truck conductor will jump down at every braking to put wedge to help slow the very old scary faced truck. The driver was just bare bodied and dragged the steering like it was in war front with sweats all over his body. I don’t think I have ever seen a truck with functioning air conditioner. It’s like everything stress and suffering is associated with truck driving.

Bro those are for trucks here in Nigeria.... Truck driving is more relaxed, better and lucrative abroad.... I have a friend driving truck living in the US.... He has bought his own house.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Techguy96(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ravenna:

Chaii you can lie for Africa.
Fyi..
1. Truck Driving is a cool job.
2. Accident is inevitable, humans can only manage it.

With the biggest fleet as Dangote, we are managing accidents to the least minimum.
Our drivers do more than 5000 trips daily- I'm sure you haven't seen or heard of any Dangote truck crash since past 3weeks.
FRSC are always on ground for training and retraining.
We got live speed limit monitors/ trackers installed on all our trucks, mechanics, maintenance, compliance, checkpoint, Convoy officers are doing great too.
Meanwhile, tell me anywhere in the world where a company has over 50,000 operational trucks without accidents?!

You'll never say shitt if it's a Gas/fuel tanker crash that kills thousands yearly.
But the moment it's Dangote truck?! nothing weh we no go hear
Dangote Transport is the best in sub Saharan Africa.
Its a company you should wanna join.

I am a proud Dangote Transport staff tho.
Lol, we have similar job role, I'm a jorney manager for an oil n gas company in Nigeria, managing more than 40 trucks. I didn't even know such job role existed until I got the job.
So far so good we have not recorded any accident for 2 months now.

But drivers can be dubious tho, it's not easy managing people, especially the older drivers wey be your papa age. U will tell them route to pass n maximum speed to drive they will get on the road n do something else very annoying.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by johhbekeboh09: 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
felixzo1:
how do you cope on bad Nigerian roads and how long did it take you to learn?/are there no training centres or school, or its mainly informal learning

What's the average wages of a truck driver daily or monthly?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Bluffly: 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
boykas:

from maintenance sir,

there are two sources trucks gain their brake.

1, from air i.e the air must be fill up the bar before moving to avoid stories.

2. from the pad, which all cars and trucks used, but recent trucks used both. that both the pad and the air...

Overloading causes break failure and Nigerian truck drivers are found wanting for that
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by ORIAYO70(m): 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2021
antimason:
hello guys, I am Abdulkabir from Edo state, my journey into the world of trucks came about after a misfortune I faced, at one time I was a student in Uniben department of Animal science under Agricultural faculty, I left school without differing the admission to travel abroad, An Ill fated trip that got me touring the airport in Turkey waiting for my transit flight to Ukraine.

I later got deported from turkey for fake visa and all my attempts to reintegrate into school proved abortive. hence I was left with either retrying to gain admission or find a way to fend for myself, so having decided to learn a vocation, I was interested in learning computer programming but funds was not available so I had to learn something more cost effective, other handy works I could learn required a certain capital and I was dead broke as I had been abandoned by my father who was my sole sponsor.

so I had to look for a skill to learn, still be earning while learning and have a greater prospect of meeting up with living standards at its culmination.
Now I am a certified truck driver currently employed by Ardova plc.

DM me with your questions in anything related with trucks.

This is my mail.. kindly contact me through it.

Ayodeleomoya70@gmail.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by inereunwa1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2021
antimason:
hello guys, I am Abdulkabir from Edo state, my journey into the world of trucks came about after a misfortune I faced, at one time I was a student in Uniben department of Animal science under Agricultural faculty, I left school without differing the admission to travel abroad, An Ill fated trip that got me touring the airport in Turkey waiting for my transit flight to Ukraine.

I later got deported from turkey for fake visa and all my attempts to reintegrate into school proved abortive. hence I was left with either retrying to gain admission or find a way to fend for myself, so having decided to learn a vocation, I was interested in learning computer programming but funds was not available so I had to learn something more cost effective, other handy works I could learn required a certain capital and I was dead broke as I had been abandoned by my father who was my sole sponsor.

so I had to look for a skill to learn, still be earning while learning and have a greater prospect of meeting up with living standards at its culmination.

I'm a driver too, I drive bus. Then it will be easier for me to learn how to drive trailer
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Clintonchiedzie(m): 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2021
Dey no de learn am you go first join as conductor from der you pick interest.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by samwillyco1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ravenna:

Chaii you can lie for Africa.
Fyi..
1. Truck Driving is a cool job.
2. Accident is inevitable, humans can only manage it.

With the biggest fleet as Dangote, we are managing accidents to the least minimum.
Our drivers do more than 5000 trips daily- I'm sure you haven't seen or heard of any Dangote truck crash since past 3weeks.
FRSC are always on ground for training and retraining.
We got live speed limit monitors/ trackers installed on all our trucks, mechanics, maintenance, compliance, checkpoint, Convoy officers are doing great too.
Meanwhile, tell me anywhere in the world where a company has over 50,000 operational trucks without accidents?!

You'll never say shitt if it's a Gas/fuel tanker crash that kills thousands yearly.
But the moment it's Dangote truck?! nothing weh we no go hear
Dangote Transport is the best in sub Saharan Africa.
Its a company you should wanna join.

I am a proud Dangote Transport staff tho.
Help me with a job please
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by SeunOshewaWife(f): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
Can I learn it too? I don't mind. I hope it won't turn my body into a masculine one?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
Udodiri01:
How much do you earn per month.... Plus are there other side hustle you can add to truck driving..... The last, why do truck drivers always live local lavish lifestyle and olo-sho carrying. Is it something you learn while learning how to drive... Why are dey broke when they retire cos the earn pass a lot of people

About the “Olosho carrying” the ones i know their excuse cos they travel a lot & you know body no be fire wood.
Also they spend all their money on hotels & women and you know those two don’t help your finance at all.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by AngelicBeing: 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2021
wink
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by mejai(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2021
Chijeep:
grin
You better don't learn it...that's the work of the 1st devil(Tempting you to go and learn how to drive truck).
The 2nd Devil will trick you into apply for Dangote job while the 3rd devil will teach you how to drive recklessly that will make to go and jam innocent citizens.
MY FRIEND, FLEE FROM THE DEVIL OOO
Despite I like ur comment, I still can't stop laughing. U be goat o grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Ravenna: 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2021
Techguy96:

Lol, we have similar job role, I'm a jorney manager for an oil n gas company in Nigeria, managing more than 40 trucks. I didn't even know such job role existed until I got the job.
So far so good we have not recorded any accident for 2 months now.

But drivers can be dubious tho, it's not easy managing people, especially the older drivers wey be your papa age. U will tell them route to pass n maximum speed to drive they will get on the road n do something else very annoying.
Honestly, you're very correct.
In Dangote we got over 2000 0fficers like you.
We've got hundreds of roles you'll never knew existed like Water officer, tyre officer, AGO officer etc
We've got some very good drivers, but wherever there's good, there also bound the bad.
It's crazy to read/hear things from peeps that doesn't own a tyre not to talk of a bicycle saying shitt about Multinational logistics like Dangote.
Cos if they own an okada, they'll know that Naija roads and it's numerous users are not friendly.

A good driver must assume all other drivers are mad except himself.
In so doing, he will avoid 90% of problems on the highway.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Plut01: 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2021

Why not Crane operator instead of Truck driving?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by anigbajumo(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
Higgies:
Nothing spectacular about trailer driving... I started driving our bakery bus at 17 ...
The day I told them i could drive tipper, they said lie so we place bet. I drive it and ate the 4k [b][/b]

Just because u drove tipper once by chance means u can drive any truck...The op failed to let people understand it's not about knowing how to drive but go through the learning process and be able to do minor work if there's any breakdown on the road.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by BigDawsNet: 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2021
boykas:
am a truck driver too, I drive for one of the multinational breweries company in Nigeria, have drive tata, man diesel, Volvo and currently driving mistubishi fuso..

I consider myself as an expert driving Sedans and SUVs... I wanna learn truck driving for fun

Can I learn on YouTube embarassed?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by anigbajumo(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2021
FASTCHOW:
I have a truck for sale....dm for price negotiation....

Which type of truck...Man diesel, Mack, Scania,Dad, Howo or Tsl.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Hardebayo(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2021
Nice thread, this is a very lucrative job in Canada and the US. Many drivers own their own trucks after driving for few years.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Ravenna: 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2021
Clintonchiedzie:
Dey no de learn am you go first join as conductor from der you pick interest.

That's the way to go.

We seen thousands of motoboys/conductors that doesn't make the grade.
Its a job you must have a personal thing/enthusiasm for.
Nowadays, many young apprentice doesn't wanna get dirty.
Trucking business in Nigeria is dirty job, if you can't get dirty .
Simply stay off!

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by AgentGoat: 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2021
antimason:

I wanted to sometime ago. I searched for a school i no see
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by heniford2: 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
Truck drivers make alot of money
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by arthurwillia(m): 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
Do you guys earn well in Nigeria?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by arthurwillia(m): 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
Do you guys earn well in Nigeria? Antimason
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Lucas4903: 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2021
Outside Naija I know this job is a goldmine. I wouldn't know how they are paid in Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other / Ghanaian Professional Women Mourners Paid To Cry At Burial Of Strangers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.