Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC (38896 Views)

Amachree: DSS Informed FG Of Pantami’s Extremist Views Before His Appointment / Isa Pantami Purchases 3 Houses For His 3 Wives In Abuja - Sahara Reporter Pics) / Abike Dabiri And Isa Pantami Clash Over Ejection From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
paddyDIGITAL:
Has he resigned already?

Such doesn't happen in Nigeria may be in 2090.
Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by traihit: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
helinues:
shocked

That's why it's very important not to attach too much emotions on anything...

Pantami's emotional reckless statement years back is hunting him now..

Big lesson for others to learn from..

Be the master of your mouth so that you won't be a slave to your words...

Emotional recklessness....see oyinbo from someone hiding away from the truth. It's in desperate times that we know desperate people so don't school us. The ideologies he held surfaced and now resurfaced and you say "emotional recklessness"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by mu2sa2: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
The man will not resign, off course. The president won't sack him either. That's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Hahahaha, Pantami's enemies wail in vain!

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by Kennydoc(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2021
helinues:
shocked

That's why it's very important not to attach too much emotions on anything...

Pantami's emotional reckless statement years back is hunting him now..

Big lesson for others to learn from..

Be the master of your mouth so that you won't be a slave to your words...

It's nothing about being emotional. He's a fanatic Islamic cleric and most of them have such views. He was simply being a Muslim, nothing about being emotional.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by Benrosaria(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2021
Some people may be pulling the strings underneath

Your last paragraph- I just hope this isn’t a diversified ��☯️distraction
Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by buckeyemedia: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:
You can wash a pig, dress a pig, it's still a pig. The "crusty bearded" Isa Pandemic is still who he is...a TERRORIST sympathizer and supporter.
Just like you? When you go for your visa interview, tell them at the Embassy that your President & his Ministers are Terrorist but you are not & see who will be deemed the joker of the year?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by Oracleforce: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
Patani is a true reflection of the principle and value of this present administration.....

I weep for his country. ...

Ha! Generation unborn should be prepared..to inherit some of the bad legacies of our past and present political leaders...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by officialmario(m): 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2021
paddyDIGITAL:
Has he resigned already?
Resign kee..
can a father disown his real son?
its impossible
this is terrorist regime, he has the backing of bubu who is the leader of the terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by buckeyemedia: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
Oracleforce:
Patani is a true reflection of the principle and value of this present administration.....

I weep for his country. ...

Ha! Generation unborn should be prepared..to inherit some of the bad legacies of our past and present political leaders...
You can’t run away from yourself, the Federal Government of Nigeria is only a reflection of You, Myself, & us Nigerians.
Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by nams77: 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2021
sexyking1:
These are the real terrorists, those with gun in d bush are just their accomplice
War is powdered by ideologies.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by buckeyemedia: 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
officialmario:

Resign kee..
can a father disown his real son?
its impossible
this is terrorist regime, he has the backing of bubu who is the leader of the terrorist.
Are you not Nigerian? You to is a Terrorist, Show me your leaders, I will tell you who you are. You think pointing fingers exonerates you? Talk is cheap my Nigerian terrorist brethren.
Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by ObalaEmma: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2021
Some said he is doing Gods work as a minister.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by bamideleniayo(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Emu4life:
All this epistles upon epistles is useless. Dr. Sheikh Ali Isah Pantami is going nowhere. He remains the Nigerian Minister of Communication and digital economy till 2023. He is not a terrorist and will therefore not resign. Those perverts, drunkards, prostitutes, pork/dog eaters, cannibals and confusionists who felt threatened by his pedigree ab initio should know that they can only do to Pantami what a dog can do to a LION.
Left to Pantami, he would have resigned (he never wanted to be a Nigerian minister anyway) but he was convinced by the northerners who know he is capable, to the detriment/resentment of inconsequential beings.

In case you all don't know, the Northerners love Pantami now more than Buhari so it's easier for Buhari to resign/get impeached than Pantami resigning or getting sacked. Una go cry tire.
MUMU4LIFE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by Rebuke: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
undecided
Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by Empiree: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
Kuginzi:

They'll start attacking you now!
they can bring it on. They are bunch of hypocrites. I wouldn't mind saying Isa Pantami should resign upon allegations. That's the standard protocol. But what I read to me disdain were attacks on Muslim and islam. Which means all the hullabaloo about Isa Pantami was tip of iceberg.

Big picture is they do not want muslims to hold top offices in Nigeria. I seen on Facebook and YouTube am attack Islam itself by the officials that are calling for resignation of Isa Pantami. Even Sahara Reporter did the same.

And later they would tell us their religion is is peace, loving and forgiving.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by Alakowe007: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2021
The matter tie gele undecided
Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by teemy(m): 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
Thegracefulness:
Ak-Pantami. Zion of Abednego. Code of Bureau the Change.

Apparently, there are some persons of the opinion that Pantami is being witch-hunted, until I broke down the implication of having such a man heralding the affairs of IT and communications in this country. I hope so many of them reads this.

I would even buttress on such implications.

Imagine being a diplomat of a nation and having to make calls in Nigeria. Sometimes, such calls might pass through the local network using local sims/lines. To get the sim, your details would have to be collected and included in the national database before you are issued a foreigner NIN you can link to the sim. Your calls possibly recorded as well.

The security implication is that you just added your personal data into a database headed by someone who was once a terrorist apologist in the past. If Pantami was an extremist within the first 30 years of his life, it would have been ingrained deeply within him. His old-time pro-terrorist contacts would still have a hold either by collusion or blackmail make him hand over sensitive items of government to them thereby placing millions at risk.

There is a reason those with double nationality can't be president. Should we say because we know where their loyalty lies we should sideline that and place our sovereignty at risk? Ex-convicts can't be public office holders also for a reason despite they paid the time and that could count as forgiveness but common sense that it is easy to return to a life of crime will not allow us to place ex-criminals in places of power over the entire citizenry. Pantami might be a changed man but him being a power holder at a time when terrorism holds sway within the country and with him being in support of terrorists in the past chimes all the wrong bells at this time.

It also reflects on how Pantami was selected for his ministerial position. Despite his past, he got past the DSS and Senate screenings showing that we are not serious as a nation that we want to end terrorism. Outside nations won't take us seriously for support anymore. Not at a time we are shouting that saboteurs are within our power and security corridors.

Not to throw the baby out with the bathwater, his policy of connecting the NIN with SIM cards is a good one as it would solve a lot of crime, and adding that to the banking system would reveal lots of scammers, terror funders, kidnappers that hitherto circumvented BVN. However, he should not be the man heading it.

cc@Kuginzi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by Kuginzi: 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
Empiree:
they can bring it on. They are bunch of hypocrites. I wouldn't mind saying Isa Pantami should resign upon allegations. That's the standard protocol. But what I read to me disdain was attacks on Muslim and islam. Which means all the hullabaloo on Isa Pantami was tip of iceberg.

Big picture is they do not want muslims to hold top offices in Nigeria. I seen on Facebook and YouTube am attack Islam itself by the officials that are calling for resignation of Isa Pantami. Even Sahara Reporter did the same.

And later they would tell us their religion is is peace, loving and forgiving.
Rightly said.
Pantami is their secondary target, their primary target is Islam. They have a hidden agenda which they want to achieve.
And by the Grace of God! Islam will prevail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by lolu2019: 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
Pantami is gay.
Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by dazzlingd(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
Government of terrorism

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by lexy2014: 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
LibertyRep:
Clearly, Pantami is dear, indispensable to the Presidency and very pivotal to whatever goal they intend to achieve.

However it will be pleasing for then to consider redeployment of Pantami to another ministry.
So many people wouldn't be comfortable having a man with such extremist views in the past superintend over the collective data of all Nigerians.

Now we can understand why the government insisted on the policy of rehabilitating and reintegrating captured Boko Haram members despite public outcry.

Some people may be pulling the strings underneath

When this sim/bin started, I always several times on this platform. Why is Patami so obsessed with NIN and sim synchronisation in d name of fighting crime? Is he d minister of crime or d minister of communication & digital economy?

Once again, Nigerians refused to ask questions & decided to without effort hand over their details to a man with serious questionable credentials

3 Likes

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by slowice(m): 6:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
This isn't just his past but his present conviction as well.... That haven't changed a bit

2 Likes

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by officialmario(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Are you not Nigerian? You to is a Terrorist, Show me your leaders, I will tell you who you are. You think pointing fingers exonerates you? Talk is cheap my Nigerian terrorist brethren.

what's this one saying?
you better go and reset your brain.

4 Likes

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by chatinent: 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
I gave up on man's rulership long ago.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by RealEzee(m): 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
MANNAABBQGRILLS:
The killings and invasion happening simultaneously across the whole of Nigeria are too systematic to escape notice.

Gov Ortom was nearly assassinated the other day by some of these marauding beasts. They seem to have backing in the corridors of power. No wonder Gov Ortom called one of the current governors from one region like that a terrorist.

If people do not quickly develop their thinking and evolve very fast, their tribe and lineage will be ethnically cleansed to a bare minimum that will fade away fast in a handful of generations. I feel particularly sorry for tribes like the Adara, indigenous to Plateau. I also am sceptical of the resistive power of the Biroms and Tivs in Benue. They will finally be overrun.

The oars largely rest on the Igbos, the Yorubas and maybe the Ijaws to save the remnant of the populations from this onslaught. If these 3 tribes should fail to fill in this gaping hole and sacrifice all they can, then shame on them.
focus, stay on topic.

try dey sleep well

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by Thegracefulness: 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
teemy:

I would even buttress on such implications.

Imagine being a diplomat of a nation and having to make calls in Nigeria. Sometimes, such calls might pass through the local network using local sims/lines. To get the sim, your details would have to be collected and included in the national database before you are issued a foreigner NIN you can link to the sim. Your calls possibly recorded as well.

The security implication is that you just added your personal data into a database headed by someone who was once a terrorist apologist in the past. If Pantami was an extremist within the first 30 years of his life, it would have been ingrained deeply within him. His old-time pro-terrorist contacts would still have a hold either by collusion or blackmail make him hand over sensitive items of government to them thereby placing millions at risk.

There is a reason those with double nationality can't be president. Should we say because we know where their loyalty lies we should sideline that and place our sovereignty at risk? Ex-convicts can't be public office holders also for a reason despite they paid the time and that could count as forgiveness but common sense that it is easy to return to a life of crime will not allow us to place ex-criminals in places of power over the entire citizenry. Pantami might be a changed man but him being a power holder at a time when terrorism holds sway within the country and with him being in support of terrorists in the past chimes all the wrong bells at this time.

It also reflects on how Pantami was selected for his ministerial position. Despite his past, he got past the DSS and Senate screenings showing that we are not serious as a nation that we want to end terrorism. Outside nations won't take us seriously for support anymore. Not at a time we are shouting that saboteurs are within our power and security corridors.

Not to throw the baby out with the bathwater, his policy of connecting the NIN with SIM cards is a good one as it would solve a lot of crime, and adding that to the banking system would reveal lots of scammers, terror funders, kidnappers that hitherto circumvented BVN. However, he should not be the man heading it.

cc@Kuginzi

Wise words, Teemy.

I’m not even going to imply anything. But how do you think the Boko-Haram sect is able to access strategic locations and bombing down airflyers? Or how do you think they’re able to persistently evade call screenings, or location detectors from cell towers, and interception of audio call recordings? How do you think the cankerworm that is Insecurity, has thrived in a Nation that budgets roughly N22, billion annually as security budgets. These are just questions I ask myself, openly soliloquizing. May God help Nigeria.

Sad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by yavo2: 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
Emu4life:
All this epistles upon epistles is useless. Dr. Sheikh Ali Isah Pantami is going nowhere. He remains the Nigerian Minister of Communication and digital economy till 2023. He is not a terrorist and will therefore not resign. Those perverts, drunkards, prostitutes, pork/dog eaters, cannibals and confusionists who felt threatened by his pedigree ab initio should know that they can only do to Pantami what a dog can do to a LION.
Left to Pantami, he would have resigned (he never wanted to be a Nigerian minister anyway) but he was convinced by the northerners who know he is capable, to the detriment/resentment of inconsequential beings.

In case you all don't know, the Northerners love Pantami now more than Buhari so it's easier for Buhari to resign/get impeached than Pantami resigning or getting sacked. Una go cry tire.

Nigeria is in such a bad state because of fools like you!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by LordOfTheGame: 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
Pantami is a terrorist and all Muslims are terrorists. Islam is a dangerous virus more deadlier than corona and Ebola viruses.
Kill Pantami and buhari and all Muslims and watch the world get better.

5 Likes

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by officialmario(m): 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
Confirmed terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by onuman: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
BBC rarely takes sides on issues.

I can still remember a BBC female Reporter asking then governor of Zamfara state, Sani Yerima, if Yerima didn’t understand that the Sharia Criminal Justice System he brought to Nigeria which the political and religious leaders of the 12 northern sharia states adopted in 2001, would lead to break up of Nigeria.

Boko Haram emerged shortly after this, and says it’s fighting for a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal justice system.

BBC is ever alert on Nigeria’s affairs, perhaps more than many Nigerian journalists.

2 Likes

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by ipobarethieves: 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
cool thank u BBC .Patanla is a TERRORIST.Wish pa Trump still Dey.I for write am

2 Likes

Re: Isa Pantami: The Nigerian Minister Haunted By His Extremist Views - BBC by Oracleforce: 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
buckeyemedia:
You can’t run away from yourself, the Federal Government of Nigeria is only a reflection of You, Myself, & us Nigerians.

You are missing sth...
The present administration is not a true reflection of the whole country...because leadership determine where the pendulum swing..i'm cork sure that if oshibajo is the president the county wouldn't have swung to this kind of Fulani/ Islamic jihadist route....

May their ulterior motives or agenda be frustrated....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Snubs Arise TV Townhall Meeting, Arrives UK / Ooni Of Ife Meets Buhari In Aso Rock / Buhari Receives Indicting Documents On Ex-ministers, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.