Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment (57863 Views)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Man Slumps & Dies In Delta State (photos) / General Hospital Ambulance Dumps Sick Man On Drip Along The Road - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Crystalom3(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2021
Over 3 years now my money has been locked in an access bank account.

Getting money out of bank is matter of luck nowadays. You just don't know the next thing they will ask you to go and bring before they release your money.

2 Likes

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Fidinno(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2021
our banks are like president buhari always forming deaf ears.

May his soul rest in peace!.
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by BennyDGreat: 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2021
Ohh God what is this madness in Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by GreenWire(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2021
pure shit
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by BennyDGreat: 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2021
osazsky:
What of unity bank that onces it 9pm any money u transfer to any account holder using your phone that money must lost..fg cbn pls come and investigate it..and the sender is also debited but the money go vanish and they wont recredit u the following day..or by 9pm them they off the bank and no one is talking. This thing has happened to me more than 20 times i nor know wairing my wife see go open unity..o funny bank

Thanks for the info.
Most likely they are short staffed in the I.T unit, this is rubbish of the highest order.

Too much chaos in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Akabuking: 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2021
Insidenaija:
Nigerians on social media have expressed outrage after a video of an unidentified man slumped and died in front of a bank in Rivers state went viral newspremises reports.

According to an eyewitness, Uwaifo Obiano who share the video on Faceebok, the man died due to the unfriendly attitude of the new generation bank staff.

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YmbQoKBtL0][/url]

Newspremises gathered that the deceased was allegedly denied access to hold money since Friday 23rd of April 2021, even when he came with his next of kin. He was asked to go to the court to get an affidavit even though courts are not in session due to the ongoing strike.

The man was said to have collapsed and died due to hunger, after not being allowed to withdraw, a young lady and two men came to the scene demanding that the bank opens the access door so they could deposit the man’s remains in the banking hall.

According to the young lady who spoke in tears, the man tears the victim was her father, adding that the man was sick and had come to the bank to get money for his treatment.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/outrage-as-man-slumps-and-dies-in-front-of-a-bank-after-allegedly-not-being-allowed-to-withdraw-his-money-video/
Tell us the name of the bank so that we can punish them by closing down our Accounts
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by lexy2014: 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2021
Does d new generation bank not have a name? Which one is new generation bank?

By d way, we are a country of drama. Normal normal, na to sue for damages. Oyibo no get time for all this drama
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by rollandben(m): 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2021
This could only happened in Nigeria bank...everything Jagajaga

1 Like

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by BennyDGreat: 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2021
pocohantas:
Access to which money?

What is the correlation between taking his own money and bringing his NOK?

I know Nigerian banks could be crazy, but they tend to give preference to the aged, sick and/or pregnant women. Something doesn’t add up.

Some bankers are non-challant.

They ought to have sent someone to check on the man outside and hasten the process of withdrawal. It's human life here

Many people just lack Emotional Intelligence.

6 Likes

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Benega9(m): 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2021
Now The Bank Will Chop The Money And Chop the Corps to..nonsense people Claiming the Are Working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by emperor863(m): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2021
pocohantas:
Access to which money?

I know Nigerian banks could be crazy, but they tend to give preference to the aged, sick and/or pregnant women. Something doesn’t add up.

Thanks for not being emotional. Surely there is more to this story. It is always of a great advantage when one reasons with his or her Brain.
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Theben(m): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2021
habsydiamond:
It's only in Nigeria that one will support to save money in the bank to collect it will be problem thats if they don't reduce the money as charges... Even if u won withdraw through some atm na wahala... If u won come enter bank na to die there remain...
Oga, if you present your complete documents at the time of opening your account, no one would deny you access to your money.

You guys should stop pushing blame where there is need for none.

4 Likes

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Oju4190: 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nigeria wit deir Die Die matter..... A little CPR administering might resuscitate that man. But people will just gather round a collapse person and b snapping pictures.... Even wit a small pulse that man can be resuscitate back to life

2 Likes

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
What happened to providing emergency healthcare for someone who's life is in danger? If no be Nigeria and our madness, where else in this world would a dying person have to pay money before he's treated?

1 Like

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Emperor4tune(m): 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
Adejare101:
Have never done this before. I open a new account to cover my identity. I'm really broke now . I'm fasting and I've not eating anything apart from akara I ate from mosque. I'm a very shy person. Any one can please help me with even if it's 1k to eat tonight. Please I'm also a ulcer patient. This is eating me deeply. It's better to speak out than to die in silence.

My number below please. cry
if you have can you give someone you dont know ?,at times people like you make good men hardened their mind never to help strangers,who knows if your story is fake or true in this world where scammers littered the street,i would have love to help you with 5k but am yet to prove your originality
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by providencia(m): 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
osazsky:
What of unity bank that onces it 9pm any money u transfer to any account holder using your phone that money must lost..fg cbn pls come and investigate it..and the sender is also debited but the money go vanish and they wont recredit u the following day..or by 9pm them they off the bank and no one is talking. This thing has happened to me more than 20 times i nor know wairing my wife see go open unity..o funny bank

20 times!? And you still using the bank?

1 Like

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by ipobarethieves: 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2021
sad angry D way some bank staff behave with customers money angry angry especially those contract staff angry.
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Maconstruct(m): 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
Neimar:
Omo GTBank suffer me for my own money

Mad people

GT!!! Yu tuuu!!!
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Victoria938(f): 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nigerians workers of all areas pour their frustration on customers too much even nurses and doctors

Too bad as they all act like mini god because they manage to have a job among millions of jobless people

2 Likes

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Henix(m): 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
FCMB
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Henix(m): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
lexy2014:
Does d new generation bank not have a name? Which one is new generation bank?

By d way, we are a country of drama. Normal normal, na to sue for damages. Oyibo no get time for all this drama

FCMB
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Henix(m): 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
Akabuking:

Tell us the name of the bank so that we can punish them by closing down our Accounts

FCMB
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by weslay: 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2021
Zero empathy. Most of these customers care reps don't have have the required skill to serve people.
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2021
pocohantas:
Access to which money?

Stop asking XYZ questions!!!!!!!

Furk the bank!!!!

1 Like

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by shegzydave(m): 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
I pity those of you that still save in bank
I prefer to do daily contribution in Yoruba they call them Alajo, if u see one that is reliable u will reason with me that is better to save with them than bank.... At the end of the month they will only remove 1percent of the total amount save...
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
emperor863:

Thanks for not being emotional. Surely there is more to this story. It is always of a great advantage when one reasons with his or her Brain.

So,those condemning the bank are not using their brains,right?

Spits

2 Likes

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by ipobarethieves: 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
undecided undecided why hide Ur identity sad? That identity u dey hide fit render assistance sad.Abi u are a troublesome, troublemaker,tribal warlord lipsrsealed undecided grin cheesy grin wink.Abi u don call iPOB OSU,fl@theads,pigs etc undecidedShow us Ur true moniker and we go help u undecided

1 Like

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
Theben:

Oga, if you present your complete documents at the time of opening your account, no one would deny you access to your money.

You guys should stop pushing blame where there is need for none.

There's more to the issues associated with banks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fertility Clinics In Lagos Pay N50k For Sperm - Doctor Tells Masturbators / Before And After Pictures Of Woman Who Got Pregnant / "How Painful Coronavirus Testing Is" - Woman Shares Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.