Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment (57865 Views)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Man Slumps & Dies In Delta State (photos) / General Hospital Ambulance Dumps Sick Man On Drip Along The Road - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
Theben:

Oga, if you present your complete documents at the time of opening your account, no one would deny you access to your money.

You guys should stop pushing blame where there is need for none.
Oga this has nothing to do with opening the account with complete documents. Maybe what you are withdrawing is small money. Just try one day to withdraw something like 500k from your account and see if you will get express treatment like when you withdrew 50k

1 Like

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by osazsky(m): 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
providencia:

20 times!? And you still using the bank?
its my wife o...and I close late from work...had to stop o
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Kooldame: 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
Wicked ppl,there was no error on his name when he deposited, now that he wanted to make withdrawal the error was detected, his bolld is on their head
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Akabuking: 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
pocohantas:
Access to which money?

What is the correlation between taking his own money and bringing his NOK?

I know Nigerian banks could be crazy, but they tend to give preference to the aged, sick and/or pregnant women. Something doesn’t add up.
My dear you never jam. those people are wicked, I remember one a nursing mother's encounter with them, she wanted withdrawing her last card with Zenith Bank, the cashier was told her to bring this n that, she went back home, came back to the same guy n he was still asking for something else. the woman became frustrated, n told him that she just used her last cash for transport, the guy ignored her, she told him her baby is in need of medical attention, still the guy didn't even care.
Luckily for her I came to deposit n it was my turn, the guy was attending to and I looked at the woman, she n her baby was looking tattered, I asked her how much needed, she told me, immediately I asked the cashier to stop counting, took some money, gave it to her to take care of her child. She was thankful.
immediately she was about leaving, the guy out of guilt called her back.
my dear forget those people, the are heartless.

10 Likes

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Drizzy5001(m): 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
And they are even hiding the identity of the bank involved grin Those cashiers are something else, very wicked and lazy sef people dem go dey attend to you like say Una dey quarell before.
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Akabuking: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Henix:

FCMB
luckily for them I don't have an account with them.
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by pocohantas(f): 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Akabuking:
My dear you never jam. those people are wicked, I remember one a nursing mother's encounter with them, she wanted withdrawing her last card with Zenith Bank, the cashier was told her to bring this n that, m

No cashier will tell you to bring this and that to withdraw your own last card. You are not talking to an illiterate or someone clueless on banking procedures. Customers never say the truth and that is quite understandable, but I am very sure there is more to this story and your nursing mother’s story.

While they can use their discretion to waive certain things, it isn’t always compulsory they do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Wickedfacts: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2021
It is FCMB. Useless bank. They won't open the door, they are probably sleeping with themselves inside the bank.

Their MD was the one who produced bastards with his staff the other day.

4 Likes

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Maski87: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nigerians are very wicked to themselves and then will all be shouting Buhari, Buhari,

1 Like

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by vickydevoka(m): 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
osazsky:
What of unity bank that onces it 9pm any money u transfer to any account holder using your phone that money must lost..fg cbn pls come and investigate it..and the sender is also debited but the money go vanish and they wont recredit u the following day..or by 9pm them they off the bank and no one is talking. This thing has happened to me more than 20 times i nor know wairing my wife see go open unity..o funny bank
U know all of this and u are still banking with dem
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by ronyman(m): 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Name of d bank make we drag dem for Twitter
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by UTAN28(m): 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
I'm for everybody
And I'm for nobody

Nigeria president muhammadu buhari
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Blackdeewhy(m): 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
I'm sure its Gtbank. I had to bribe their security the last time I went their. I have a tooth surgery and I need some cash from a SKS account.
Gtbank, God will judge you!
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by DrSamOnowu87(m): 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
ena5four:
Giant Of Africows
This cowtrin sef. Everyday trouble everywhere and no one cares to atleast be different. Amu tired of dis cow republic.
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Coldie(m): 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2021
Banks deliberately delay and frustrate your access to money so you will go and patronize pos or atm.

This is a deliberate action by banks.

I so much love americans and cancel culture, if this happened in America fcmb career don end

1 Like

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Johel(m): 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2021
Insidenaija:
Nigerians on social media have expressed outrage after a video of an unidentified man slumped and died in front of a bank in Rivers state went viral newspremises reports.

According to an eyewitness, Uwaifo Obiano who share the video on Faceebok, the man died due to the unfriendly attitude of the new generation bank staff.

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YmbQoKBtL0][/url]

Newspremises gathered that the deceased was allegedly denied access to hold money since Friday 23rd of April 2021, even when he came with his next of kin. He was asked to go to the court to get an affidavit even though courts are not in session due to the ongoing strike.

The man was said to have collapsed and died due to hunger, after not being allowed to withdraw, a young lady and two men came to the scene demanding that the bank opens the access door so they could deposit the man’s remains in the banking hall.

According to the young lady who spoke in tears, the man tears the victim was her father, adding that the man was sick and had come to the bank to get money for his treatment.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/outrage-as-man-slumps-and-dies-in-front-of-a-bank-after-allegedly-not-being-allowed-to-withdraw-his-money-video/

That bank should be burnt down.
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Akabuking: 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2021
pocohantas:

No cashier will tell you to bring this and that to withdraw your own last card. You are not talking to an illiterate or someone clueless on banking procedures. Customers never say the truth and that is quite understandable, but I am very sure there is more to this story and your nursing mother’s story.

While they can use their discretion to waive certain things, it isn’t always compulsory they do.
All I am to say is that the make unnecessary things necessary.

1 Like

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by DrChukki: 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
FCMB is a bank I vowed never to bank with no matter what.

I remember in 2012 when FUTO asked us to pay our acceptance fee in their branch in Owerri, it was a total hell for us.
Those guys has no value for their customers at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by 900warriorz: 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
emetisuccess:
I don't really save in my bank now adays, i do make use of piggyvest to save.

Can you get cash directly from Piggyvest without the aid of bank or POS? undecided
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by InvertedHammer: 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
/
Who knows the truth?

This is the third different version of this story.

/
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by osazsky(m): 10:34pm On Apr 27, 2021
vickydevoka:

U know all of this and u are still banking with dem
its my wife acc o...they have good services...u dont need to que once u go in within 3 min u are out of the bank.but the only prob is that I cant transfer money to her once it's one past 9pm...the thing just week me.and they will not do a refund..at times before them reverse .u must have forgotten abt the money.everytime she goes to their cuscare they keep telling her they have sent an email to their HQ

2 Likes

Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Polynek(m): 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
Too bad
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by zikmanjames: 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2021
Banks only appreciate you when you bring money..... please don't come to withdraw your money because you will be their greatest enemy
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by donwalome(m): 10:56pm On Apr 27, 2021
Why them come dey hide the bank name na?
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by AntiNigerian: 10:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
emetisuccess:
I don't really save in my bank now adays, i do make use of piggyvest to save.
For me, it's crypto i prefer
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by digitalman2811(m): 10:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
The movie,drag me to hell comes to mind.
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Olaniyi77(m): 11:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
what a pitty,Nigeria banking sector is very poor, we are still lacking behind, I will always saying it,to deposits wahala,to withdraw, some of there idiot staff will be carry solder up.to do transfer security will be forming manager, at the end of the day,sad news will also arrive. no network.
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by BabylonCruise(m): 11:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
pocohantas:
Access to which money?

What is the correlation between taking his own money and bringing his NOK?

I know Nigerian banks could be crazy, but they tend to give preference to the aged, sick and/or pregnant women. Something doesn’t add up.
I hope you realize it's a human being that Just died?
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by vickydevoka(m): 11:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
osazsky:
its my wife acc o...they have good services...u dont need to que once u go in within 3 min u are out of the bank.but the only prob is that I cant transfer money to her once it's one past 9pm...the thing just week me.and they will not do a refund..at times before them reverse .u must have forgotten abt the money.everytime she goes to their cuscare they keep telling her they have sent an email to their HQ
Open an account with gt or access Bank, for easy n reliable transaction. Besides, u can have multiple accounts
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by doggedfighter(f): 11:11pm On Apr 27, 2021
Wickedfacts:
It is FCMB. Useless bank. They won't open the door, they are probably sleeping with themselves inside the bank.

Their MD was the one who produced bastards with his staff the other day.

Nairaland I hail thee.

I can't stop laughing because of this post.

What kind of people are here. Kai
Zero chill.
grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment by Xantel(f): 11:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
Rip to the dead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fertility Clinics In Lagos Pay N50k For Sperm - Doctor Tells Masturbators / Before And After Pictures Of Woman Who Got Pregnant / "How Painful Coronavirus Testing Is" - Woman Shares Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.