Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,579 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation - Crime (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation (99437 Views)

NDLEA Detects Drug (Meth) Lab In VGC, Lagos / EFCC Arrests Ajayi Oluwabukola Temitope, Ibadan Socialite For Alleged N25m Fraud / Mary Daniel, Amputee Hawker Didn't Lie Or Fake Her Identity - Lagos Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Matthew4sure(m): 7:53am On Apr 29, 2021
Trimjos:
Most Nigerians are plain evil and dubious in nature. Imagine an amputee lying fa

She should be made to return all the money already spent by her and also be forced to do a community service for a month .
those that promise you change give you change keep quite if you don't know what to say
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by wumi2017(f): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2021
It won't cost us anythingto be Truthful. May we never be disappointed at d edge of our breakthrough..Amin

2 Likes

Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Psoul(m): 7:58am On Apr 29, 2021
If our politicians can be investigated this same way and their accounts frozen, this country would have bn better than this.

1 Like

Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 29, 2021
Coolcalmcollect:

dullard.... didn't you read the part they said she was never a hawker and the pix was only staged?? how possible was it for a cripple to hawker pure water with walking stick in a busy place like oshodi?? lol how she wan comot pure water give buyer, which hand she go take give dem change and collect money

Steer clear
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 29, 2021
obynzo:

Oga you seem to be one of those who staged it for her. Why the energy in defending a fraudulent act?

cos you never use same energy to attack frauds in office
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 29, 2021
Reading the comments I was just shaking my head.
Nigerians are too emotional, hardly employ logic.
The people truly deserve the leaders they get. Here is my take.

1. Wrong is wrong. There is no sentiment in law. She deceived the public for sympathy period.
2. What is the laid down procedure for addressing such? Lagos state government's hand is tied because they have not been procecuting other fraudsters and wrong doers.
3. Our leaders are complicit in this things because they are always using social media to shine. Dashing Olajumoke and Laycon house....for what!!!! Tax payers money and public property for that matter.
4. Our institutions cannot grow because our leaders are constantly chasing shadows, playing to the gallery.

Until we all rise up against our common wealth being used for only a few, whether it's amputee or Olajumoke, nothing will change in Nigeria.
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 29, 2021
obynzo:

The honest thing to do is to return all the money donated back because this is money obtained fraudulently from people. No matter how you spin it, there should be no emotional clouding of the issue what she did is fraudulent in a sane society unlike ours she would either do community service or go to the nearest county jail

there are to places that money will go her pocket or that of those in office
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 29, 2021
obynzo:

The honest thing to do is to return all the money donated back because this is money obtained fraudulently from people. No matter how you spin it, there should be no emotional clouding of the issue what she did is fraudulent in a sane society unlike ours she would either do community service or go to the nearest county jail

there are two places that money will go her pocket or that of those in office
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 29, 2021
Paretomaster1:

Read again, It said her presence at Oshodi too was staged .....
i saw it too and even her one leg was staged
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by sameks08(m): 8:25am On Apr 29, 2021
because of money she voluntarily killed all her family members God no go shame good child
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by 9jaRealist: 8:25am On Apr 29, 2021
jaxxy:
What has amputatee got to do with unexpected favor? Was Jumoke an amputee?

That whole money belongs to her!!! Criminal Lagos state can’t change that.

U will have t prove beyond doubt how it was staged to her donors. If not carry ur paranoia and bad belle out of this because it doesn’t even concern Lagos state. They were not the ones who discovered her. They are only in shock that people can give her 25m.

Let them tell us how it was staged now.

She lied about her dad isn’t new. Many politicians have lied about themselves for reasons best known to them ask sanwolu.

The things she lied about doesn’t stop people from giving her money now and again. Is her leg and condition a lie?? undecided

U will be shocked with this so-called petty lie people will raise 50m for this gal and lambast Lagos state.

Not sure why you are blathering on about Lagos State...
The money does NOT belong to Lagos State, but to the donors.

Meanwhile, if the lie about her dad wouldn’t have made a difference, she wouldn’t have told it...
The sad reality is that there are scores of amputees in Nigeria, but her “story” was the game-changer.

Obviously, we all have different moral values (and I’ve no interest in a morality debate)...
But, legally, obtaining monies by deceit or false pretenses is FRAUD, and the donors deserve restitution.

If the donors thereafter elect that she should keep the money anyway, that’s fine...
And like I previously suggested, it could go towards a prosthetic limb and education (or seed capital) for her.
>

2 Likes

Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by solonubinho(m): 8:36am On Apr 29, 2021
babythug:
She was just going about her normal business when her story touched somebody and by sheer stroke of luck people donated for her rehabilitation. Whether or not she was an amputee from birth it doesn’t matter whether her father is alive or not is irrelevant. The funds should be put to good use and her quality of life made better

Did you read that her presence in Oshodi was staged??
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by DLioness(f): 8:46am On Apr 29, 2021
iamyemiakins:
This lady just further reduced the chances of rendering assistance to the less privileged in the society.
I tell you. I don't know whether to curse her or what
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by winner37(m): 8:47am On Apr 29, 2021
For me , it's makes no difference to me ,the donation was made to help the lady because of her disability although she gave false information about herself but that should not make the government to go after her again , it's left for the lady to used the money wisely and change her life....
The State governor to handed her over to social welfare is not all that right will the agency reclaim the money back or what ?

Trust God don't trust anyone human being because they will regret about they had done for you but when God give He can never regret making you rich and famous ..
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by lonecapone: 8:58am On Apr 29, 2021
zoeA:
Una for still give am the money... heartless country

No, no, no. Dishonesty should attract penalty. Otherwise we will be encouraging others to come up with more gory stories that touch the heart.

1 Like

Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Trimjos: 9:07am On Apr 29, 2021
Matthew4sure:
those that promise you change give you change keep quite if you don't know what to say

illiterate zombie. It is QUIET and not quite
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by jaxxy(m): 9:08am On Apr 29, 2021
9jaRealist:

Not sure why you are blathering on about Lagos State...
The money does NOT belong to Lagos State, but to the donors.

Meanwhile, if the lie about her dad wouldn’t have made a difference, she wouldn’t have told it...
The sad reality is that there are scores of amputees in Nigeria, but her “story” was the game-changer.

Obviously, we all have different moral values (and I’ve no interest in a morality debate)...
But, legally, obtaining monies by deceit or false pretenses is FRAUD, and the donors deserve restitution.

If the donors thereafter elect that she should keep the money anyway, that’s fine...
And like I previously suggested, it could go towards a prosthetic limb and education (or seed capital) for her.
>

How many of ur politicians in Lagos have not lied? How many have straight story’s even the present governor?

The fact is people have her money because of her condition and resilience not because she has or doesn’t have parents. Someone can have useless or absconded parents so that doesn’t matter.

What matters is her leg amputated and is she hussling. This has nothing to do with many amputatees in Lagos and this has nothing to do with Lagos state government either. Lagos state didn’t discover her.

Jumoke was not the only bread seller so what are u trying to say there are many amputatees who doesn’t know that. Some amputees are sleeping or in care homes bt she was hussling in the sun despite her condition and found Favour bt u guys are behaving like u have serious comprehension problem. I have to repeat myself.
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by murmee: 9:11am On Apr 29, 2021
nairalander2020:
but still she needs help now.
Yes, at least to get her an artificial leg!
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by jaxxy(m): 9:12am On Apr 29, 2021
zombieHUNTER:

You are definitely a naive teenager.... I don't want to waste my time and data enlightening you.

But let me ask you ... Who placed her there and took the picture?...
The people in oshodi said they have never seen her before....she doesn't sell or stay there

She told the government is was an orphan...
But after investigation.. they found her father
Why the lie ?

She told the government... She was amputated after an accident that only her survived in a bus.
It was later revealed it happened at birth...
Someone genuine don't do this..

The syndicates that trended her and staged it are now after their share.threatning her.. Here you are saying that people calling for money is normal...

Are you okay?
Yeah.. you are just a naive little kid

My FBI u when did u go to oshodi to ask questions and where was in stated in the write up? Stop saying what u wicked heart wants to believe. She was discovered good people not wicked bad belle guys who wish their neighbors bad every day.

Who and who don’t know her and how was it staged? How did they know she will be favored by planting her there?

The is bad belle is just too much ooo. grin

If I’m a kid Ure a new born baby.
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by uglodoh(f): 9:13am On Apr 29, 2021
jaxxy:

This is just bad belle. How was it staged exactly?? Let Lagos state who are playing directives tell us. That’s how they wud have said Jumoke’s Own was staged by ty bello.

Lagos state suffering from paranoia. The girl needs guidance not victimization.

The whole thing was staged. She claimed she sells at Oshodi. I go to Oshodi almost everyday. I have never seen her or heard of her. No body in Oshodi can attest to that. Some fraudters used her to make money and she fell for it. She is a fraudster. She even lied that she did have a father.

1 Like

Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by jaxxy(m): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2021
uglodoh:

The whole thing was staged. She claimed she sells at Oshodi. I go to Oshodi almost everyday. I have never seen her or heard of her. No body in Oshodi can attest to that. Some fraudters used her to make money and she fell for it. She is a fraudster. She even lied that she did have a father.

Explain how it was staged. Who planted her there? Many people come to oshodi to hussle, anybody can go there any day and hussle it’s not against the law to hussle st oshodi.

So how was it staged? By who exactly? Do u know her history with her father? Do u know how many politicians have denied their parents?
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by fuadbusari: 9:17am On Apr 29, 2021
IF PANTAMI COULD BE PARDONED LET Her be pardoned too, she needs help. give her the money
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Howyeh(f): 9:17am On Apr 29, 2021
iamyemiakins:
This lady just further reduced the chances of rendering assistance to the less privileged in the society.
"Further" capitalized and stressed sir.!!!
If this is true, then this lady together with her team has just done a big damage to philanthropy in Nigeria!
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by uglodoh(f): 9:18am On Apr 29, 2021
jaxxy:

How many of ur politicians in Lagos have not lied? How many have straight story’s even the present governor?

The fact is people have her money because of her condition and resilience not because she has or doesn’t have parents. Someone can have useless or absconded parents so that doesn’t matter.

What matters is her leg amputated and is she hussling. This has nothing to do with many amputatees in Lagos and this has nothing to do with Lagos state government either. Lagos state didn’t discover her.

Jumoke was not the only bread seller so what are u trying to say there are many amputatees who doesn’t know that. Some amputees are sleeping or in care homes bt she was hussling in the sun despite her condition and found Favour bt u guys are behaving like u have serious comprehension problem. I have to repeat myself.

Which hustling are you talking. She lied that she sells at Oshodi. I go to Oshodi almost everyday. There is nobody like her there.

2 Likes

Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Ayobami7(m): 9:22am On Apr 29, 2021
na wa ooo
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Brunicekid(m): 9:22am On Apr 29, 2021
bolaayenimo:
That's very bad if true that she lied. Will people want to help others with this kind of lie?
As in eeenn...

If she had said the TRUTH, her help will still have come.
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by jaxxy(m): 9:23am On Apr 29, 2021
uglodoh:

Which hustling are you talking. She lied that she sells at Oshodi. I go to Oshodi almost everyday. There is nobody like her there.

So u know everybody selling in oshodi? undecided

What are u even saying do I know how big oshodi is? U want to see everybody in oshodi? Lol. Smh
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by uglodoh(f): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2021
jaxxy:

Explain how it was staged. Who planted her there? Many people come to oshodi to hussle, anybody can go there any day and hussle it’s not against the law to hussle st oshodi.

So how was it staged? By who exactly? Do u know her history with her father? Do u know how many politicians have denied their parents?

I said there is nobody like her in Oshodi. Read the story again. Why did she lied that she did not have a father. Her family members all perished in an accident. Why did she go to that length? To gain more sympathy. Who was the person she was promising 500K. Who were those calling her. Oga me read the story and everything she said.
There is old woman in front of my son's school I gifted money everyday because of her condition. I believe I was not the only one. It was just recently that I heard she has died.
I am not against giving to the poor and the needy but using your condition to defraud the public is bad.

1 Like

Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Calitoscassius(m): 9:34am On Apr 29, 2021
Nigerians!! Always inventing new scams and frauds.

How can anyone render help to the real needy with all this scams?
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Calitoscassius(m): 9:36am On Apr 29, 2021
uglodoh:

I said there is nobody like her in Oshodi. Read the story again. Why did she lied that she did not have a father. Her family members all perished in an accident. Why did she go to that length? To gain more sympathy. Who was the person she was promising 500K. Who were those calling her. Oga me read the story and everything she said.
There is old woman in front of my son's school I gifted money everyday because of her condition. I believe I was not the only one. It was just recently that I heard she has died.
I am not against giving to the poor and the needy but using your condition to defraud the public is bad.
Absolutely!

1 Like

Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by somehow: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2021
richmond500:
exactly, defensing this lady is like defending our politicians

See people consoling and defending her actions.

Trying to put up excuses for her.

Yet, expect angels as leaders.
Re: Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation by Calitoscassius(m): 9:41am On Apr 29, 2021
jaxxy:

My FBI u when did u go to oshodi to ask questions and where was in stated in the write up? Stop saying what u wicked heart wants to believe. She was discovered good people not wicked bad belle guys who wish their neighbors bad every day.

Who and who don’t know her and how was it staged? How did they know she will be favored by planting her there?

The is bad belle is just too much ooo. grin

If I’m a kid Ure a new born baby.
You are truelly a naive kid as that grown man said, grin are you trying to say that she is genuine? Do you know her? Perhaps you should tell us exactly what happened and who she is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Woman Rapes Her Daughter’s Boyfriend 300 Times(photos) / Notorious Cult Leader, Mukaila, Arrested By Police In Lagos (Photo) / Man Attempts To Cut Off Woman's Breast For Ritual In Anambra (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.