Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive (30367 Views)

What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? / Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos / 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by XYZo: 1:47pm On May 10, 2021
OfficialBrendan:

Just seeing this..thanks bro and I'll ask him to check the location out..although ikorodu has this notorious reputation for ritualist grin . Seems it's closer to ketu tho

Not anymore . The days of badoo are far over . Also , those stuff happened in inner ikorodu . He doesn't need to move inside inside . Around Agricole Ikorodu is just ok
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by akmaldini(m): 12:21am On May 11, 2021
Reasons why renting an apartment in Lagos is expensive..

1) We only have one mode of transportation which is road. If railway system is working effectively people can live in Ibadan and Ogun State, this alone will cause an outcry to the landlords.

2) Surulere most especially is competitive because its in the central of the state when going for your work activities..

3) An average Landlord/Lawyer/Developer is an agent, even if the agent is the one that bring the client to pay for the apartment,50% of the agency fee will be deducted.That why agent load the agency by 20%.. Definitely its the Landlord that is greedy not the agent..

4) Location: Surulere, Yaba and Island is a proximity environment route especially Surulere which is accessible to the Island and Mainland axis..
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by SaintUlot: 3:44am On May 11, 2021
BrickDevo:
When you calculate your rent money over a decade you will discover you could build your own house with that money.... that's why i always recommend you live a lowkey life while you build your own house, might not be fast but it is worth it. I swear

start planning now, start with me i design and construct buildings, affordable and reliable. Contact me on WhatsApp via my signature.

Maybe any how house, where you ll build one room and use nylon to cover the window or houses built inside bushes where they sell land @ 10,000 per plot.

Go and ask people who build standard house, the cost of completion of their house will pay 100 years rent of where they were leaving as @ the time.

My friend who is paying a rent of 150k per annum. 150k * 10 is 1.5m. Land alone where he wants to buy costs 3 million

This your assertion is only meant For those who just want to be called a Landlord with an uncompleted one room.
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by amedualiyu(m): 5:39am On May 11, 2021
XYZo:

He should move to Ikorodu . That is the best location for him and not far from Ketu. Houses are far relatively cheaper in Ketu .

Please forget about the proximity of ikorodu to Ketu. Ketu to ikorodu is always traffic. I just packed out from ikorodu recently due to the stress and transportation cost. I prefer to get mini flat in Ketu for 350k where I will wake up by 7:30 and get to work before 8am with N200 bike to & fro daily than to pay 200k in ikorodu where I will wake by 5am and face traffic. If you leave ikorodu by 6am you will not get to Ketu not until 8am and you will be spending 800 daily on transportation.
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by XYZo: 11:05am On May 11, 2021
amedualiyu:

Please forget about the proximity of ikorodu to Ketu. Ketu to ikorodu is always traffic. I just packed out from ikorodu recently due to the stress and transportation cost. I prefer to get mini flat in Ketu for 350k where I will wake up by 7:30 and get to work before 8am with N200 bike to & fro daily than to pay 200k in ikorodu where I will wake by 5am and face traffic. If you leave ikorodu by 6am you will not get to Ketu not until 8am and you will be spending 800 daily on transportation.

Wow . Is this the new normal ? shocked
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by NNAMDIII(m): 5:17pm On May 11, 2021
MajesticKris:
Me sef, I don't Deal on house's from 800 thousand...

If you need a good place, it starts from 3m.. and it's on the island
my house is 1.2m yearly on the mainland and I can beat my chest that it's better than many houses on the island..

Vex dey always catch me when una go just dey talk island nonsense, so good places no dey mainland? Or rich people no dey mainland?
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by BrickDevo: 8:30pm On May 11, 2021
SaintUlot:

Maybe any how house, where you ll build one room and use nylon to cover the window or houses built inside bushes where they sell land @ 10,000 per plot.

Go and ask people who build standard house, the cost of completion of their house will pay 100 years rent of where they were leaving as @ the time.

My friend who is paying a rent of 150k per annum. 150k * 10 is 1.5m. Land alone where he wants to buy costs 3 million

This your assertion is only meant For those who just want to be called a Landlord with an uncompleted one room.
150k in lagos where? Maybe you are taking about a squatter house where basic amenities are lacking no water, security and electricity, probably a face me i face where they might even be a shared toilet, am talking about a standard apartment in lagos with basic amenities that usually cost nothing less than 350k, it might not build you a house completely but it can overtime and it won't be easy. People have spent 30yrs+ paying rent that is ever increasing and never think about building theirs. Is bad

1 Like

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by SaintUlot: 8:01am On May 12, 2021
BrickDevo:
150k in lagos where? Maybe you are taking about a squatter house where basic amenities are lacking no water, security and electricity, probably a face me i face where they might even be a shared toilet, am talking about a standard apartment in lagos with basic amenities that usually cost nothing less than 350k, it might not build you a house completely but it can overtime and it won't be easy. People have spent 30yrs+ paying rent that is ever increasing and never think about building theirs. Is bad

By the time you wait for 10 years, 350k * 10 will not build the house + land. Infact you won't get land for 3.5 million in some areas. Let me tell you the benefit of building ones house is not to save cost or save money on rent. It is cheaper to rent than to build on the long run. Building a dream house will cost you 100 years rent. If you are about saving cost on rent, will you live up to 100 years more?

I am talking about dream house in my analysis, not make dem sha call me landlord too type of house.
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by Ekitibiased(m): 10:49am On May 13, 2021
With the way things are going at rapid speed,

The realistic feasible option will be shared apartments, with high costs of living - people will share...to cope, nothing more

2 Likes

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by Bigfish121(m): 8:14am On Jun 09, 2021
Me that is planning to move than to Abuja,I just hope the rent over there is relatively cheap.pease if you stay in Abuja hit me up let's connect.
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by yehmy(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
XYZo:

Not anymore . The days of badoo are far over . Also , those stuff happened in inner ikorodu . He doesn't need to move inside inside . Around Agricole Ikorodu is just ok
Do you know of any available house around Agric, Aruna or Benson?
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by okine4real: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
yehmy:

Come to Maya-Idafa. Would give a relative good price for my room and parlor self contain. In fact I wud rent it to you for 80k. The house has prepaid meter and light is good here.
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by yehmy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2021
okine4real:

Come to Maya-Idafa. Would give a relative good price for my room and parlor self contain. In fact I wud rent it to you for 80k. The house has prepaid meter and light is good here.
Maya is far
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by XYZo: 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
yehmy:

Oh no , but I'm sure if you contact agents , you will get

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Best POP Designs At Affordable Prices With Our Interior Decorations / The Newly Commissioned Olive Court In Ibadan - Photos / See What An Angry Landlord Wrote On an Ex Tenants Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.