Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension (14653 Views)

How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? / “My Mum Says Am Wicked And Heartless”; Fresh Nigerian Soldier Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by contactikenna(m): 8:05pm On May 14, 2021
I am with OAK Pensions

Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 8:31pm On May 14, 2021
RemKen:

Has she retired? If No, you can't access the fund now,although this depends on her age. If she's retired, then you need to go to AIICO's office if you are one of the beneficiaries She filled while registering. Also, you will need a confirmation of her retirement, if she retired as a civil servant, there is usually aboard in charge that will issue a certificate to you. This holds for both voluntary retirement or death in service, God forbides the death one oooo
Retired? , nt exactly. Bt she's past 50. She got held up. Although i wouldnt say sacked. It happened like dz. She slumped at her work place nd got rushed 2 d hospital. She recovered nd on returning 2 work, she has gotten replaced. She got transfered to anoda place. She worked 4 a week. Then out of d blue, they told her d position has been reserved 4 someone else nd promising they'd find somewhere else 4 her. So ever since then, she hasnt officially work wit dem or 4 dem
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 8:42pm On May 14, 2021
Shoodboi:

Please you're on an online forum...

You should use appropriate capitalization, spacing, symbols and type in full.

I was confused reading this, and I'm sure the people who can help you are too. They won't go the extra mile for you if you aren't going an extra centimeter for yourself.
i use an itel2171. No vex. D amount of letters i can type is limited.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Dibodibo(m): 8:46pm On May 14, 2021
No stress yourself, na small money be her pension. 19k plus,
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2021
hibeatz200:
Is your mum out of job?
If she is, is she 50 years plus?
I doubt she is judging from her RSA balance.
But if she is tell her to visit any AIICO office with a white background passport, national ID card, disengagement/retirement letter, appointment letter, letter of accrued benefit ( private) if public, she will need to do a pencom verification, bank statement that matches her name ad it appears on her national ID

If your mom is still working and not disengaged, then tell her to relax, that money will keep coming to her RSA on a monthly basis till she's retired. She may then choose to process it.

Note: that money is employee+employer remittance+ investment return
Pension is an element of gross salary and it is not paid directly to the bank account, not until you're retired. It is paid to a chosen PFA and invested till she's either retired or disengaged temporarily.

I hope you've been schooled. Thank you
She's out of work nd she's past 50.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 14, 2021
PrinceofAgoAre:

i use an itel2171. No vex. D amount of letters i can type is limited.

Just Googled the phone... I was just voicing my concerns, that's all.

...She slumped at her work place nd got rushed 2 d hospital. She recovered nd on returning 2 work, she has gotten replaced...

But these civil service dudes can be mad and heartless. I'm sure someone received some money from whoever replaced her. A woman who slumped? May God help us.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2021
hibeatz200:
Is your mum out of job?
But if she is tell her to visit any AIICO office with a white background passport, national ID card, disengagement/retirement letter, appointment letter, letter of accrued benefit ( private) if public, she will need to do a pencom verification, bank statement that matches her name ad it appears on her national ID

If your mom is still working and not disengaged, then tell her to relax, that money will keep coming to her RSA on a monthly basis till she's retired. She may then choose to process it.

Pension is an element of gross salary and it is not paid directly to the bank account, not until you're retired. It is paid to a chosen PFA and invested till she's either retired or disengaged temporarily.

d money doesnt come on a monthly basis oo
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Oluwatosin6060: 8:59pm On May 14, 2021
So if doesn't go to brekete, the pension is gone? So myopic[color=#006600][/color]

Pele o ..."Mr myopic", dey there make shoe dey wear you...A day will come you will carry your own problem to the said place with your myopic grammar.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Labadi69: 9:06pm On May 14, 2021
That money is so small that it is not worth the trouble.

I really hope say you no be G boy wey dey try to know how to scam old people of their pension money. If that is the case, yamayama disease fall on you angry

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by LightUpWithKemi: 9:09pm On May 14, 2021
Brushstrokes20:
Those heartless criminals made it impossible for my to get her pension before she passed on...

She did not get a DIME of her accumulated pension arreas despite serving her father land for over 35 years.....
we eventually ran out of funds for her acute diabetes treatment at LASUTH and still setting debts till date...

# such a wicked country!

Why didn't you report to PENCOM?
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Brushstrokes20: 9:15pm On May 14, 2021
LightUpWithKemi:

Why didn't you report to PENCOM?
I'll give that a shot, thanks.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by LightUpWithKemi: 9:21pm On May 14, 2021
Brushstrokes20:

1.The crooks she met at the Abuja pension office before she fell seriously sick.

2. The crooks I met severaly at civil service club,TBS, lagos.

3. The heartless crooks that conducted the pension verification exercise...they insisted we bring a severe diabetic patient from LASUTH, yet, she wasn't paid.

Me and my siblings have been trying to see if we could retrieve her accumulated pensions to no avail.

She wept profusely on her death bed and vowed NEVER t to work for govt in another life.

Felt so sad reading the last paragraph. This country sha! You should have reported to PENCOM. There was a time I needed 25% of my RSA following my resignation (3/4 months), and PFA was asking all manners of stupid documents. I lodged a complaint with PENCOM at Ikeja GRA, my money came out with speed of light.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by pelmart: 9:27pm On May 14, 2021
There are few things to be started here.
1. If she is alive (I believe) she is the only one who can access the fund except in the case of demise where the started beneficiary(ies) after collection of letter of administration from an High Court.

2. Now, that she is retireed from which service (i.e State, Federal or Private). NOTE, both State and Federal retirees take longer before they can access their pension in other words, the awaiting Pension Bonds. Without the bond, no RSA account will be withdrawn.

3. According to Pension Reform Act 2014, She have access to part of the RSA balance, in form of huge sum to be paid at once (called The lump sum) while the remaining balance is being paid as salary in either two ways i.e Programmed withdrawal or annuity.
Programmed Withdrawal- means the remaining balance will be paid as salary by spreading the amount over a few years of max. 10years after which, the retiree is left with nothing again, or for the beneficiary
While,
Annuity - means the remaining balance is pooled together in a large group of Funds and a constant salary is being paid to the retiree for life (until death) plus a benefit Fund to the beneficiary (ies) in case of early demise.

Please if you need more information, kindly DM for details
PrinceofAgoAre:
So Aiicopensio sent dz
your Rsa(pen200*** nd so on) account summary as at 31/3/2021 is balance: n27,625.12, total contribution: n19,614.54 and investment income n8,010.58.
1st que: please which is d actual pension fee
2nd que: please how can i help her retrieve d pension.
3rd que: y is d pension fee nt paid direct to her bank acct
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by pelmart: 9:34pm On May 14, 2021
It saddens one's heart of the longer period it takes for retirees in both State and Federal Services access their pension. That is left to government budgetary quotes.

But note, if the Pension Bonds are released, there is no delay to accessing it and to guarantee one's future till death, ANNUITY is the only plan for you.
Kindly DM for more information
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Satioshi: 9:45pm On May 14, 2021
Pension cannot just be paid to your mum's bank account as certain conditions have to be met before it can be paid to her.

1. She must be 50 years or above and must be retired in order to be eligible to be paid the full amount. If she's over 50 and still working, she cannot be paid.

2. If she's less than 50, she must have stopped working for a period of not less than 4 months on order to be eligible to be paid 25% of her savings. If she's still working, she cannot be paid.

3. However, if she's late, the beneficiary(ies) should visit the Pension Fund Administrator (PFA) to begin the process of collecting the money.

4. If she died intestate (without a will) the person who provides the PFA with a letter of administration and other required documents and passes the due diligence of the PFA will get the money.

If your mum/beneficiary does not meet these conditions, don't bother visiting any agency or parastatal as the money won't be paid.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Brushstrokes20: 9:52pm On May 14, 2021
LightUpWithKemi:

Felt so sad reading the last paragraph. This country sha! You should have reported to PENCOM. There was a time I needed 25% of my RSA following my resignation (3/4 months), and PFA was asking all manners of stupid documents. I lodged a complaint with PENCOM at Ikeja GRA, my money came out with speed of light.
Thanks for your concern, the devastating scenario is about the worst in my life.
It's better imagined than experienced ,
I'll give give the pencom a trial, thanks.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by ptoall1000: 9:54pm On May 14, 2021
Just meet her PFA in Lagos period!
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by onlysose(m): 9:58pm On May 14, 2021
please visit brekete family
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Rexomania1111(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2021
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by pelmart: 10:53pm On May 14, 2021
Contact me on 0 8 0 6 5 9 5 2 5 9 4
pelmart:
There are few things to be started here.
1. If she is alive (I believe) she is the only one who can access the fund except in the case of demise where the started beneficiary(ies) after collection of letter of administration from an High Court.

2. Now, that she is retireed from which service (i.e State, Federal or Private). NOTE, both State and Federal retirees take longer before they can access their pension in other words, the awaiting Pension Bonds. Without the bond, no RSA account will be withdrawn.

3. According to Pension Reform Act 2014, She have access to part of the RSA balance, in form of huge sum to be paid at once (called The lump sum) while the remaining balance is being paid as salary in either two ways i.e Programmed withdrawal or annuity.
Programmed Withdrawal- means the remaining balance will be paid as salary by spreading the amount over a few years of max. 10years after which, the retiree is left with nothing again, or for the beneficiary
While,
Annuity - means the remaining balance is pooled together in a large group of Funds and a constant salary is being paid to the retiree for life (until death) plus a benefit Fund to the beneficiary (ies) in case of early demise.

Please if you need more information, kindly DM for details
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Housing(m): 10:58pm On May 14, 2021
Asquare84:
The question the guy provided above is not enough to give him advice, I can't imagine her mum contribution is 27000 and her monthly contribution is 19000 I think his explanation is not enough.

It is because you don't understand contributory pension. 27,000 is the summary balance that is the total balance as at 31st March 2021 while 19,000 of it is the contributions to her RSA (Retirement Savings Account) and the the 8,000 is the income realised from investing the money contributed (19,000).

What can deduce from the information available is that her mummy work with company that have pension program for it's staff. For the investment income of over 42% of her contributions, the RSA is over a year old. She may just work with the company for a few period or her employee are not making remittances of her deducted contributions and that of the employer.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by InterpolEyes: 10:59pm On May 14, 2021
stunnert:
Just go to AIIICO PFA,

contact me if you need a private investigator or you need to find and locate someone ASAP !
can u locate shekau?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 14, 2021
Human Right Radio, Abuja would do wonders.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by galantjoe(m): 11:32pm On May 14, 2021
First of all
You will identify her PFA-pension fund administrator. It is them that will accept your documentations.
Your mom be 50yrs old or older.
Her last employer must have given a letter of retirement or accepted her retirement. If she retired on health ground, she must present medical report.
Her last employer must write a kind of understanding that they have remitted all deducted pension contributions to her RSA
She must present her last pay slip to the her PFA.
She must do data capture
Provide her bank account with BVN and NIN
It will take about 1 to 3 months to process
NA GOOD TO GO

I WISH HER BEST OF LUCK
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by AMBURSAA(m): 12:44am On May 15, 2021
VISIT BRAKETE FAMILY PROGRAMME AT HUMAN RIGHT RADIO KAURA DISTRICT ABUJA..YOU PROBLEM WIL BE END IN 4DAYS OR FOLLOW THERE LIVE PROGRAMME ON TV OR ON FACEBOOK EVERYDAY 8:30AM to 10:00AM (mon.to sat.)
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by IamAsiri: 1:22am On May 15, 2021
hibeatz200:
Is your mum out of job?

Does this RSA balance even show that she has been contributing for up to a year at all? The most likely scenario is that her previous pension is not being remitted to her PFA at all. Honestly, I don't know how this can be resolved except to go to PENCOM first of all like you rightly said.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by IamAsiri: 1:31am On May 15, 2021
Brushstrokes20:

Thanks for your concern, the devastating scenario is about the worst in my life.
It's better imagined than experienced ,
I'll give give the pencom a trial, thanks.

You can still get her gratuity and due pension payments back. I think it's easier to get it when she's dead than alive sef, though it's a pathetic one.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by BRATISLAVA: 4:36am On May 15, 2021
PrinceofAgoAre:
So Aiicopensio sent dz
your Rsa(pen200*** nd so on) account summary as at 31/3/2021 is balance: n27,625.12, total contribution: n19,614.54 and investment income n8,010.58.
1st que: please which is d actual pension fee
2nd que: please how can i help her retrieve d pension.
3rd que: y is d pension fee nt paid direct to her bank acct
Let us start from the beginning in order to answer you better.

Is she retired?

The balance is the sum of the interest and the investment income. You can check that for yourself. But answer the above first so that we can help you.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by Brushstrokes20: 6:37am On May 15, 2021
IamAsiri:

You can still get her gratuity and due pension payments back. I think it's easier to get it when she's dead than alive sef, though it's a pathetic one.
She actually got her gratuity but she mis managed it...

It's her accumulated pensions that she didn't get a dime from,
Pls, is there any Sure process as regards getting it?...

All my efforts to help her get it while she was alive proved abortive before she later died of stroke and diabetes...
we even took her to the verification exercise in an ambulance from
LASUTH to civil service club, ikoyi as directed by the govt then, despite seeing her serious condition, nothing came out. And when we ran out of funds, we resorted to borrowing.

we are not even done paying accumulated medical bills till date.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 6:57am On May 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Let us start from the beginning in order to answer you better.

Is she retired?

The balance is the sum of the interest and the investment income. You can check that for yourself. But answer the above first so that we can help you.
Yes, she is.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by pelmart: 6:59am On May 15, 2021
Good morning sir. Please specify if she has retired. You talk about she got her gratuity.
NOTE, after pension Reform Act 2004, the pension and gratuity process has changed.
For her and you to know the exact amount in her RSA balance is she/ you request for Her TEMPLATE from her PFA (please be mad at the PFA) they rarely release it out except you show them mad front or extremely educated behavior, Hope you understand me.
For more questions and information, kindly contact me on 0 8 0 6 5 9 5 2 5 9 4
Brushstrokes20:

She actually got her gratuity but she managed it...

It's her accumulated pensions that she didn't get a dime from,
Pls, is there any Sure process as regards getting it?...

All my efforts to help her get it while she was alive proved abortive before she later died of stroke and diabetes...
we even took her to the verification exercise in an ambulance from
LASUTH to civil service club, ikoyi as directed by the govt then, despite seeing her serious condition, nothing came out. And when we ran out of funds, we resorted to borrowing.

we are not even done paying accumulated medical bills till date.
Re: How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 7:01am On May 15, 2021
Labadi69:
That money is so small that it is not worth the trouble.

I really hope say you no be G boy wey dey try to know how to scam old people of their pension money. If that is the case, yamayama disease fall on you angry
U just said d money is so small, so y i go wan scam my own mama untop little money. Any gee guy wey dey run local na mumu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? / ACP Simon Lough Becomes First Nigerian Police Officer Accorded SAN / NBA Rejects Agreement To Let UK Lawyers Practise In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.