Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey (3335 Views)

Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because Of Sex? / I Just Lost My Job Because I Was Looking At My Boss Hips , Help! / 'my Boyfriend Was Putting His Fingers Inside My Panties In Church' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Mivici: 6:50pm On May 01, 2021
A friend call me yesterday, telling me that there is a vacant position for a post of Direct Salesperson, librarian and also a digital marketing manager position, due to my qualification I just have to apply for the post of a direct sales person.

When I was about to be interviewed, the interviewer ask me if I'm an arsenal fan, I said no, I don't support any club rather I put on the shirt because I love the color.

He said, ok! Let's talk some other time.
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Hashabiah: 6:59pm On May 01, 2021
That does not mean anything now...mtchww undecided
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by LMS1(m): 6:59pm On May 01, 2021
So U Concluded Huh?
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by xpressionx(m): 7:01pm On May 01, 2021
You wear arsenal Jersey go job interview. No be juju be that?

Arsenal we never carry league in almost 20years,how you want company to grow?

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Austeeenxx: 7:10pm On May 01, 2021
Why you go wear Arsenal jersey for interview? Even your village people will be disappointed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 01, 2021
You are not a serious fellow. Jersey that you wear to viewing center, that you use to play monkey post, u still wore the jersey for a job interview. That is a serious blunder. And you know it. Probably u don't fancy the job that much. Nonsense angry

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by hakeem4(m): 7:14pm On May 01, 2021
Mivici:
A friend call me yesterday, telling me that there is a vacant position for a post of Direct Salesperson, librarian and also a digital marketing manager position, due to my qualification I just have to apply for the post of a direct sales person.

When I was about to be interviewed, the interviewer ask me if I'm an arsenal fan, I said no, I don't support any club rather I put on the shirt because I love the color.

Maybe the interviewer is a Tottenham or Chelsea fan. they are always jealous of arsenal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by ZeroWorries: 7:15pm On May 01, 2021
If it was winning/succeeding club Jersey, may be they would've considered you. Arsenal is not a winning team as of today.
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by folabayo(f): 7:21pm On May 01, 2021
The interviewer no try sha.
What will b yours will b, you self next time no wear Jersey go for interview
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by tosik(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2021
chai village people i hail oo....
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by WoundedLamb: 7:48pm On May 01, 2021
I don't think it has anything to do with the interviewer's preferred club, your dressing was just inappropriate. What people fail to realize is that how you dress to an occasion or place reflects how seriously you take that occasion or place. By dressing the way you did, you've insulted both the interviewer (who was probably properly dressed for the occasion) as well as the organization.

Organisations don't enforce corporate attires these days but common sense should tell us to appear in semi-formal outfits, at least, when invited to an interview.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Goldbw122(m): 8:19pm On May 01, 2021
Dress as you want to be addressed,ok you will be surprise that the interviewee did not like that shirt that u are wearing, you should have wore suit

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by paulolee(m): 8:39pm On May 01, 2021
not even Chelsea, city or united...na arsenal u choose....even arterta would b disappointed in u..

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by AfroKnight: 10:32pm On May 01, 2021
Why would you wear a jersey to a job interview? Even if you’re applying to be the coach of a school team you should wear a shirt and trousers and tuck in. Maybe you don’t want the job.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by GeneralPula: 10:39pm On May 01, 2021
Lol..

The owner of the job must be arsenal fan and he must have felt really disgusted seeing the jersey on you..

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 01, 2021
xpressionx:
You wear arsenal Jersey go job interview.
No be juju be that?

you mind am!

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by EmmySparky(m): 11:02pm On May 01, 2021
lol my guy of all the clubs na Arsenal jersey u see wear...u want give the company bad luck ba?...ur next job wear madrid or United jersey them go validate you...
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by VicM6: 11:12pm On May 01, 2021
folabayo:
@folabayo come let me teach you how to spread ur wings and fly.. audio. wen u no be bird grin
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by sapeleboi(m): 11:52pm On May 01, 2021
na good for u, u think say na football match u won go play b4

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Pretend: 11:55pm On May 01, 2021
Next time, try Real Madrid Jersey and thank me later
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by OGWILLS123: 12:19am On May 02, 2021
xpressionx:
You wear arsenal Jersey go job interview.
No be juju be that?

Guy you mad grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Charleys: 3:56am On May 02, 2021
Guy your own even better, I've seen people denied a job because they bear a particular name or come from a particular place.

A guy was denied a job because he bears Segun.

The former guy that was there duped the company so they didn't want to give this new guy the position.

Another guy was denied a job because he's from Bauchi state. Because people from Bauchi who were security guards connived to steal from the place.

So anywhere you are, try and do good, your actions might affect someone else.

You don't know how many times Arsenal don cut the guy ticket.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by TheAuthority(m): 5:37am On May 02, 2021
Mivici:

Them suppose flog you join
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by x2x2(m): 6:08am On May 02, 2021
Na coaching job you go apply for? Na you find trouble o. Arsenal fit don cut d guy ticket tire, so na the anger he put for your body.
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by chubinwa(m): 7:24am On May 02, 2021
Na football interview. some people are their own problem
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Kobicove(m): 7:34am On May 02, 2021
How can you go for a job interview wearing a football jersey? undecided
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by BigDawsNet: 8:12am On May 02, 2021
The owner and management of Arsenal cannot put on the jerseys to visit the queen

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by mytime24(f): 9:23am On May 02, 2021
U wear jersey go interview cry

If dem come employ u na singlet and boxer u go dey wear come work b dat cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by SILENTandSMART2: 10:04am On May 02, 2021
Haaaa which type of generations is this grin grin

Hahahaha grin

Jersey to interview ? grin , this is nothing but empty-headed behavior, it really sucks grin

Later Eleribuu go dey where night gown go office , hahahaha grin, oga wey sabi chase werey danu grin hehehehehe grin
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Nobody: 10:09am On May 02, 2021
folabayo:

native would have been better shey
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by blazepascal(m): 11:20am On May 02, 2021
you are the author of your problem. why wear a Jersey
Re: I Was Denied A Job Because I Was Putting On a Jersey by Vyzz: 11:56am On May 02, 2021
grin

Why Arsenal?

Lol

Na u disappoint ursef

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Please, No Daughters For Me, Please / How My Uncle's Wife Killed My Uncle / What Do You Think Of When You See A Pregnant Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.