Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta (25736 Views)

Igboho: Crowd At Yoruba Nation Rally In Ekiti (Pictures) / Yoruba Nation Rally: Sunday Igboho, Others Storm Osogbo, Defy Police Order / Atiku/pdp Rally Organisers Refused To Pay Us Our 10k- Young Lady Cries Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by OperationcowLeg: 8:23pm On May 02, 2021
Trailblazer1:
Yoruba ronu o grin

Life na turn by turn.

You can't fault the vision of Biafrans, who have given a lot and still all in their capability to leave this contraption called Nigeria.

My people have an adage, that whenever you wake up is your morning.

Good morning Yoruba people.

Yoruba run o grin
the problems with all u children currently on social medias is that if indeed most of these monikers like urs up there is indeed still coming from the south, then mark my words today, all u people in the south will be completely enslaved, u are goin to live under a caliphate forever very soon. They are indiscriminately decimating the south and all u can do is to be joking WT a big deal. Pls it's childish. You igbos and yoruba ( if indeed monikers have been reading indeed belong to these 2 ethnic groups) are very foolish.
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by Kingrefreshed: 9:00pm On May 02, 2021
budaatum:

Agitation for succession is a crime whether you are Yoruba or Biafra or Ipob.

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

Will you sharapppppp
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by ngjames2021: 9:31pm On May 02, 2021
Also during the COVID-19, Why is it that he can make 50k naira daily and you have no income?
Visit latest news: https://thisdayslive.com/how-to-earn-money-online-2021
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by fucktardgirl2(f): 9:47pm On May 02, 2021
budaatum:

If you are so blessed why are you here crying as if you are starving and unable to feed yourself?

Anyone who does not agree with you must indeed be aboki. Nigeria separate or no separate, buda will chop bellefull.
What is it with you guys and human skulls. Yoloba... They swear for una?

Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 02, 2021
Police better release those guys....na so craze dey start.
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by chiefdiye(m): 11:30pm On May 02, 2021
butterfly777:
Iyi owu kawi, t'Oluwa lase.

God has endorsed Yoruba secession from Nigeria. No police can stop it.

God bless freedom fighters.

God bless Oodua Republic.

God bless Biafra Republic.
I certainly believe it is coming from an Igbo man
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by chiefdiye(m): 11:40pm On May 02, 2021
My Yoruba people, make una no follow those Igbo oooo, what they tried that does not work out, they are currently trying and is not working and I see no positive results in the one they are planning... unless you want to sacrifice your youths, if staying in Nigeria does not help your mata, separating from Nigeria will not help either. Am sure the wise ones will understand
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by plaetton: 11:41pm On May 02, 2021
budaatum:

Its not that simple, you'd find. The greatest agitation for self determination in the history of Nigeria led to our only civil war, but I doubt the United Nations was on the side of the self determinationers.

Self determination, as far as the United Nations is concerned, applies to colonies and not to seccession of parts of countries. Nigeria got self determination according to the UN, when we got our independence in 1960.
Wrong again sir.

https://minorityrights.org/law/self-determination/#:~:text=The%20right%20of%20self%2Ddetermination,Charter%20of%20the%20United%20Nations.&text=By%20virtue%20of%20that%20right,economic%2C%20social%20and%20cultural%20development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by executive12: 11:44pm On May 02, 2021
budaatum:

Agitation for succession is a crime whether you are Yoruba or Biafra or Ipob.

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

How is that a crime?
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by executive12: 11:48pm On May 02, 2021
budaatum:

It's at least unconstitutional according to Chapter 1 Part 1 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

2. (1) Nigeria is one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign state to be known by the name of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

For your information, Nigeria has no constitution. What you are referring to as constitution is a military decree. It's not a crime to agitate for secession. There is a due process for secession, recognized by the United Nations.
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by executive12: 11:50pm On May 02, 2021
Imsoblessed:
Aboki ....Hunger nor go kill you if Nigeria seperate, afterall you are feeding the nation. cry cry baby

He is not aboki. He is a Yoruba Muslim.
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by jessedaflow: 1:09am On May 03, 2021
Why re they forcing this one nigeria like mango seed in our throats. undecided cry
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by theTranslator: 2:07am On May 03, 2021
brownemmanuel43:
Finally is about to go down.
West contributed to this rubbish happening in DA country. They were warned about this calamity of govt but bcs of their selfish interest they said that they are sophisticated.
Look at the situation in the country now, u can't protest peacefully again, no more freedom of speech. Let's not even talk about the economy bcs that one is suicidal.
I remember when KANU (not his fan) was shouting it about this govt but West felt that is not their business but I believe now is their business.
https://www.nairaland.com/6527131/azikwe-against-northern-secession-1953
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by budaatum: 3:19am On May 03, 2021
plaetton:

Wrong again sir.

https://minorityrights.org/law/self-determination/#:~:text=The%20right%20of%20self%2Ddetermination,Charter%20of%20the%20United%20Nations.&text=By%20virtue%20of%20that%20right,economic%2C%20social%20and%20cultural%20development.

From what you've posted you can see it's an ongoing debate that countries need to resolve by themselves, and not a right as has been suggested. If that were not the case, Catalan would be a separate country from Spain already, as would Scotland from the United Kingdom.
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by rummmy: 3:52am On May 03, 2021
only 25?this people are not serious,this their own version of session looks staged..
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by plaetton: 3:56am On May 03, 2021
budaatum:

From what you've posted you can8 see it's an ongoing debate that countries need to resolve by themselves, and not a right as has been suggested. If that were not the case, Catalan would be a separate country from Spain already, as would Scotland from the United Kingdom.
Both Catalan and Scotland have the the right of self-determination, and can take that step by conducting a simple referendum. Once that referendum is affirmative, then the rest depends on negotiations with other parties involved. Catalan has to negotiate with Spain and Scotland with Britain or the UK.

My point here is that an agitation for self-determination is a Fundamental Right, not a crime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by Nobody: 11:01am On May 03, 2021
Trailblazer1:
Yoruba ronu o grin

Life na turn by turn.

You can't fault the vision of Biafrans, who have given a lot and still all in their capability to leave this contraption called Nigeria.

My people have an adage, that whenever you wake up is your morning.

Good morning Yoruba people.

Yoruba run o grin

This one's happy.

You probably haven't heard. Let me spoil your happiness small, they were released that same hour with the police telling them they were in support of their agitation and telling them how to word the agitation so that they won't get into trouble.

Ntorrr...
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by Kaymansion(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2021
This one's own don done shocked they will use them as a scapegoat tongue
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by DaveDanny: 12:47pm On May 03, 2021
Ok...
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:11pm On May 03, 2021
theTranslator:
https://www.nairaland.com/6527131/azikwe-against-northern-secession-1953
U would hv asked yourself that ever since zik joined his ancestors, have u ever come across any of his family before?
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by Jdbrasco2: 2:20pm On May 03, 2021
budaatum:

If only you would bother to educate yourself instead of yelling "Nonsense".
https://www.nairaland.com/6534010/police-arrest-25-pro-yoruba-nations/3#101320941

Do let me know when you get this so called human right please.

HUMAN RIGHTS, THE RIGHT OF SELF-DETERMINATION
AND THE RIGHT TO FREEDOM https://www.gmu.edu/programs/icar/ijps/vol4_1/takayuki.htm
Re: Police Arrest 25 Pro-yoruba Nation's Rally Organisers In Abeokuta by budaatum: 3:23pm On May 03, 2021
plaetton:

Both Catalan and Scotland have the the right of self-determination, and can take that step by conducting a simple referendum. Once that referendum is affirmative, then the rest depends on negotiations with other parties involved. Catalan has to negotiate with Spain and Scotland with Britain or the UK.

My point here is that an agitation for self-determination is a Fundamental Right, not a crime.

No, Catalan and Scotland do not have the right of self determination. They are both parts of sovereign states that have signed up to the United Nations Charter who are refusing them that right, even to negotiate.

Your point however, that they have the right to agitate, as in request for self determination, is indeed correct, so long as in their "agitation" they do not destroy the peace or can be perceived to have done so in any way whatsoever.

I have the right to stand on the street and agitate for buda republic until I begin to annoy people.

Sánchez and Cuixart, who both espouse nonviolence, are now sitting in jail cells at the Soto del Real prison in Madrid, held in preventive detention, without bail, on charges of sedition against the state, which carries a maximum sentence of 15 years.

Meet the two jailed activists behind Catalonia’s independence movement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Hails Yemi Osinbajo For Showing Concern&Compassion Towards Nigerians / When Obasanjo Joined The Nigerian Army (Picture) / Caption This Photo Of Otedola, Fashola And Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.