Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) (51388 Views)

Shocker: Onitsha In 1950 Is More Decent Than Ibadan Of 2023!!! / Governor Yahaya Bello Playing With His Family (Photos) / Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto Playing Cricket In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by ChiefSosa(m): 7:30pm On May 07, 2021
The image speaks for itself
Mr. OP, What exactly does the image speak?
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Mightyhaiz: 7:30pm On May 07, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

what does this abobukugwa means pls?
could be one of those mumbo jumbo they yell before they blow themselves up
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 07, 2021
oscarlamba:
Mehn 1950 is a long time ago.I bet Everyone in that picture don kpuff
Except Audu that put his hands on his head.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Kingk47: 7:31pm On May 07, 2021
Nothing aboki sabi

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by dragunov: 7:31pm On May 07, 2021
QuotaSystem:
The great Sardauna.

Can you please define his greatness? Or are you just making the typical shallow eulogy Nigerians are known for?
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by jneutron4000: 7:33pm On May 07, 2021
Before Igbo Military officers send him 6ft by blasting his head off.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by ogbonti: 7:33pm On May 07, 2021
Mikehot:
Ahmadu bello the Terrorist

When Enahoro was demanding that British formulate a credible blue print to independence by 1954, it was this Terrorist that objected

If we had waited until 1970 or 1980 to get independence Nigeria would be better today. I believe we were not ripe for independence in 1960

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Tsolutions: 7:38pm On May 07, 2021
tishbite41:
Chai

Thank God sey January boys delete am
Werey! ��
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:38pm On May 07, 2021
triple996:
waillers go soon arrivegrin
You are already wailing

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Toosure70: 7:38pm On May 07, 2021
What news is this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by grandstar(m): 7:39pm On May 07, 2021
oscarlamba:

My dad was not there but he was alive then.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by mmsen: 7:40pm On May 07, 2021
QuotaSystem:
The great Sardauna.

What made him great?
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by tayoccu(m): 7:40pm On May 07, 2021
I see so many ignorant children talking rubbish on this thread, I curse the people that took history off the curriculum.
You guys should go back and study history, stop listening to all the hogwash politicians are feeding you. Those of you who still have octogenarians and nonagenarians in your families, go and sit with them, hear the truth from them, and be enlightened.
Peace be unto you all.

6 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Originalsly: 7:40pm On May 07, 2021
Cutezt:

The image speaks for itself

No doubt... it clearly shows a man who doesn't know to hold a bat.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Jolomenas: 7:40pm On May 07, 2021
EMMY76:
If not for Major kaduna Nzeogu this jihadist could have succeeded in islamizing the whole southern nigeria by now.
Ahmadu bello= 3million biafrans
Buhari= wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by SmartPolician: 7:41pm On May 07, 2021
StrongInBed:
[s][/s]

Trash from an illiterate from the North, We made this country, your terrorist wasn't even prime minister or anything important than a Jihadist, ZIK WAS THE GOVERNOR GENERAL OF NIGERIA AND THE FIRST PRESIDENT AND ONLY MAN WHO WAS PART OF THE ORIGINAL CONSTITUTION.

Igbos will rule you forever as long as this system of government continues, we brought the federal system that you animals are salivating today.

We control Abuja and other important cities while your illiterate brothers shine shoes and live like monkeys in the forest, so who is the slave.

If not for the mumu yorubas that kept supporting you half brains, can anyone of you ever be taking serious in this country? Where and which other country on earth that your people are excelling in life. Come to East if you think we consider you since one Mohamed is the governor there animalistic cow.

Keep kwayet when we talk, slave from Sahel..Ilegal immigrant from Guinea.

You people shouldn't turn every thread to a tribal war on Nairaland; it makes no sense.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by lastempero: 7:41pm On May 07, 2021
No 1 terrorist
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by harmargedon: 7:42pm On May 07, 2021
He still had the Danfodio kit on him.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Cali4by4: 7:42pm On May 07, 2021
Messi and Ronaldo should start wearing this type of jersey for soccer match. He's probably the chairman of the occasion and just a honorary play...

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by KingDash: 7:44pm On May 07, 2021
fun fact... all those muhfuckers behind him are all dead.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by jokaka89: 7:44pm On May 07, 2021
NA PEOPLE LIKE HIM LAYED THE FOUNDATION OF WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by MrFlavvor(m): 7:46pm On May 07, 2021
SmartPolician:

You people shouldn't turn every thread to a tribal war on Nairaland; it makes no sense.
it's all they're good at on this forum
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by lastempero: 7:47pm On May 07, 2021
The guy no even baff, see hm feet.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by SmartPolician: 7:48pm On May 07, 2021
ogbonti:

If we had waited until 1970 or 1980 to get independence Nigeria would be better today. I believe we were not ripe for independence in 1960

Nigeria is not even ripe for leadership now.

See the level of tribalism, hate and injustice.

Black man no sabi do anything apart from getting women pregnant

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by SmartPolician: 7:49pm On May 07, 2021
grandstar:

My dad was not there but he was alive then.

What's his name?

He must be one of the problems of this shithole country
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by pweetylass(f): 7:50pm On May 07, 2021
Radarada ati part 2.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:51pm On May 07, 2021
SmartProf:
Very superb sports kit. I believe the International cricket council will love to adopt this. He handled the cricket bat with seriousness as though he wanted to cut suya.

Ti e ti ba e

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 07, 2021
tishbite41:
Chai

Thank God sey January boys delete am

He wasn't a good leader, but thanks to the January boys' action millions died in an unnecessary civil war that won't have happened if the January boys did the right thing, left the army and joined politics.

The 1966 coup was a great move , done by men who beleived in their country, and was also very very very wrong.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 07, 2021
oscarlamba:

Actually a lot of people born before 1950 are still alive....

I've even met a few centenarians over the last few years myself by the way...
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by WelcomeToBiafra: 7:53pm On May 07, 2021
Useless political terrorist.

The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our grandfather, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use the minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow thier future.''

-SIR AHMADU BELLO, October 12, 1960.

I don't know when Nigerians will read meaning into the above statement and realise we are all enslaved.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nairaland.com/1977382/sir-ahmadu-bellos-statement-made&ved=2ahUKEwiP3IKYnLjwAhUB0uAKHRo7B18QFjABegQIFRAC&usg=AOvVaw0cQTQ4ZgB2N8VF6_5kpLgG

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by captainspear(m): 7:54pm On May 07, 2021
SmartProf:
Very superb sports kit. I believe the International cricket council will love to adopt this. He handled the cricket bat with seriousness as though he wanted to cut suya.
abi person head him wan cut
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 07, 2021
gawu1:

When he did that most inyameri were still using leafs to cover their body. Even Zik who was the most enlightened inyameri knew not how to play cricket at that time.

Zik was a decent boxer, and also played American football in his younger days.

Not everyone was into cricket. Even Sir bello preferred Eton fives (google that).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Names Prof. Charles Okigbo As Campaign Spokesperson (Photo) / Nuhu Ribadu's Daughter, Fatima Graduates From NTIC (Photos) / The Interior Of Jimoh Ibrahim's Dubai Office (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.