Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) (51393 Views)

Shocker: Onitsha In 1950 Is More Decent Than Ibadan Of 2023!!! / Governor Yahaya Bello Playing With His Family (Photos) / Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto Playing Cricket In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by wink2015(m): 7:23am On May 08, 2021
He was still wearing agbada inspite of the hot weather in the northern region as at then.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Ikpongiton: 7:27am On May 08, 2021
Aboki and over sized dress did not start today oo
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by UKBobo(m): 8:22am On May 08, 2021
Mikehot:
Abdul, ojukwu dad was ordained a knight by the queen herself

When Queen came to Nigeria only ojukwu dad had a rolls Royce to carry her

All these even before 1950

No mind am, them think they are talking to their gworo chewing, fake certificate - quota holders.

If you see how he is standing, na lbw to every ball be dat.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Tzar(m): 9:20am On May 08, 2021
Isn’t this the so called founding father that told a BBC reporter how much he hated Igbos & wanted them removed from the North?
Do we need to celebrate people like this?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPbxt23nVTM

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by trendyteekay: 10:21am On May 08, 2021
Help me ask o.
Simplyleo:
Flagging off a cricket tournament/competition or playing cricket?

Every sport has dress code and agbada is never a dress code for any sport.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Stanleyq: 10:34am On May 08, 2021
Cutezt:
Rare Image Of Sir Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950

The image speaks for itself
a na eyi agbada apia table tennis?
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Kingzjayzee: 11:04am On May 08, 2021
Who draw this thing?
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by ogbonti: 11:46am On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

I am not emoitional...just angry with you that you seem to think we are too dull to be independent from the white people.

We were mature enough. It was time. Now we need to do the hard work of growing as nations. The Europeans are not going to teach us how to grow as nations. We are.

when you were in Primary 2 let’s say you were the best student in a private school. And because of that you asked the Head Master to allow you to go start start JS1 in the secondary school section because you felt you were smart

and when you got to Primary 3 you came out the best in the primary school too and your appeal to be allowed to go to Js1 became deafening because you felt you were too smart to be wasting time being the best in your class

So when you got to Primary 4 you were simply taken to Js1- you didn’t come first but you were average in the class at the end of the session and you congratulated yourself that at least you didn’t come last, after all you are in a superior class at a tender age

Then came Js2 and JS3 and the grades start falling like a rock inside water and when you got to SS2 it was apparent that your were not intellectually matured to have skipped those classes before going to the higher classes

So at a point you were the smartest in your class in Primary 2 and 3 and now you are a laughing stock in the school

If your Primary 3 Teacher now tell you to go back to Primary 6 so you can get it right, does it mean he thinks you are stupid or you are actually stupid for failing to realize you needed to make adjustment to go to a lower class and allow nature takes its course ?

I am done with my analogy, those who can think critically know what my point is - if you choose not to understand, no problem it is well - ka chineke me eziokwu!
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 11:55am On May 08, 2021
ogbonti:

when you were in Primary 2 let’s say you were the best student in a private school. And because of that you asked the Head Master to allow you to go start start JS1 in the secondary school section because you felt you were smart

and when you got to Primary 3 you came out the best in the primary school too and your appeal to be allowed to go to Js1 became deafening because you felt you were too smart to be wasting time being the best in your class

So when you got to Primary 4 you were simply taken to Js1- you didn’t come first but you were average in the class at the end of the session and you congratulated yourself that at least you didn’t come last, after all you are in a superior class at a tender age

Then came Js2 and JS3 and the grades start falling like a rock inside water and when you got to SS2 it was apparent that your were not intellectually matured to have skipped those classes before going to the higher classes

So at a point you were the smartest in your class in Primary 2 and 3 and now you are a laughing stock in the school

If your Primary 3 Teacher now tell you to go back to Primary 6 so you can get it right, does it mean he thinks you are stupid or you are actually stupid for failing to realize you needed to make adjustment to go to a lower class and allow nature takes its course ?

I am done with my analogy, those who can think critically know what my point is - if you choose not to understand, no problem it is well - ka chineke me eziokwu!

School analogy is not the same as country/nationstate analogy

You believe whites are superior to blacks and need to hang around to guide and direct them black babies. I am free to call that idea bunkum. I am also free to believe that we can and have great potential to grow without any additional guidance from the europeans, arabs, asians, or other africans for that matter.

And the best way to do that is simple. Work within the system
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by tishbite41(m): 12:00pm On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

He wasn't a good leader, but thanks to the January boys' action millions died in an unnecessary civil war that won't have happened if the January boys did the right thing, left the army and joined politics.

The 1966 coup was a great move , done by men who beleived in their country, and was also very very very wrong.

You can also leave what you are doing now and join politics so that you can salvage Nigeria. How about that?!

The coup had super good intentions but the execution in the Southern Protectorates, especially the East was very poor. No thanks to Ifeajuna and his crew. Nzeogwu should have marched with his troops to the South and finish off the Eastern politicians.

As for the Civil War, the Igbos were killed in 1945 and 1953 in Jos and Kano respectively. How old was Nzeogwu then?

How many coup d'etat has Nigeria experienced? How many were followed by genocide of the perpetrators' tribesmen?!

Mind you, other tribes were complicit in that January coup. Infact one of them (Jallo) became a military administrator in this same Nigeria.

So, tell yourself the truth.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 08, 2021
tishbite41:

You can also leave what you are doing now and join politics so that you can salvage Nigeria. How about that?!

The coup had super good intentions but the execution in the Southern Protectorates, especially the East was very poor. No thanks to Ifeajuna and his crew. Nzeogwu should have marched with his troops to the South and finish off the Eastern politicians.

As for the Civil War, the Igbos were killed in 1945 and 1953 in Jos and Kano respectively. How old was Nzeogwu then?

How many coup d'etat has Nigeria experienced? How many were followed by genocide of the perpetrators' tribesmen?!

Mind you, other tribes were complicit in that January coup. Infact one of them (Jallo) became a military administrator in this same Nigeria.

So, tell yourself the truth.

I used to believe all that you have writiten above.

But the fact is, Nzeogwu had no business planning the coup...not with the kind of tribal society Nigeria is, where removing someone from public office, talkless of killing him is viewed as an attack on his tribe.,

Matters made worse by the fact that tribes in Nigeria , at least since the 1950's BELEIVE THAT the more people you have close to power, the more you get benefits from power (The concept of poltics being local , as seen in developed countries, hasn't fully caught on in Nigeria. You want the road fixed in your village...go to Abuja, not your councillor...unlike in the US. That's why true federalisim won't work in Nigeria).

Nzeogwu inadvertendly cut off the Northern regions' already 'tenous' link to power...which set off several dominoes that led to the death of millions of people by Jnauary 15 1970.

I don't like the First republic polticans (they were all darn too corrupt)....but the remedy of coup was far worse than the cure.

So, no thanks...if there was no coup, maybe them corrupt pols would have kept a looting...maybe Nigerians would have woken up and voted in better people..or no...but millions dead now would have been alive, and the disaster of the civil war and the pogroms of 1966 won't have happened.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by ogbonti: 12:19pm On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

You believe whites are superior to blacks and need to hang around to guide and direct them black babies. I am free to call that idea bunkum. I am also free to believe that we can and have great potential to grow without any additional guidance from the europeans, arabs, asians, or other africans for that matter.

The definition of insanity is doing one thing over and over again and expecting a different result - After 60 years revolving in circles - all motion no movement, it is apparent what we doing is not working. But I want to agree with you, we are so smart, so brave so intelligent, we need no guidance from anyone. We will soon prove it to the world very very soon that we are the very best and thanks for educating me, I take a bow Sir grin
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 08, 2021
cpu2006:
Is among of leader that scattered this country.
Did he rule your region? If Tafawa Balewa was your problem then Sardauna wasn't. No region has ever gotten a blessing like Sir Bello in Nigeria. As premier of Northern region, he defended the interest of North, he ruled without ethno-religious sentiment or bigotry among Northerners. He took North to prosperity.
No any region experienced the rapid growth North had within the period of his tenure.
A very rare gem!
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by IB444: 1:29pm On May 08, 2021
Sir, exercising with those clothes.... Heat no go kee you..... Just thinking aloud
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Godswrath(m): 1:45pm On May 08, 2021
This ethnic bigot that called himself a leader.
By their fruits you shall know them.
Sports man Wey dey wear agbada.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:57pm On May 08, 2021
Tzar:
Isn’t this the so called founding father that told a BBC reporter how much he hated Igbos & wanted them removed from the North?
Do we need to celebrate people like this?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPbxt23nVTM
How is this hate? He was just being honest about putting his people first.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:09pm On May 08, 2021
EMMY76:
If not for Major kaduna Nzeogu this jihadist could have succeeded in islamizing the whole southern nigeria by now.
If not for Nzeogu three milliion pigs would not haved perished. Can you tell us what he was doing to islamize you?

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 08, 2021
StrongInBed:

Said by one cow dung terrorist like his dead master, Zik is too much to be compared with this bloody terror that can't pronounce Kola correctly.
zik was among the iyameri who created biafra on their own intrest and turn nigeria to currupt nation with terrorist oll over south
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by EMMY76: 3:40pm On May 08, 2021
Crayfish09:

And just 3 years later, we sent 3 million bastards to accompany the great Sardauna to the great beyond

Just make sure u people don't produce such
jihadists amongst ur midst again cause nobody will support ur blood thirst this time.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by KelChinon202: 3:45pm On May 08, 2021
Mikehot:

I love this revelation...lol
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Brenn594(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2021
Now i see y the 5 naira note is worthless n mocked upon.bello na u caue am ooo
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Tzar(m): 5:48pm On May 08, 2021
So there was never ONE Nigeria at any point . I wonder why some people are trying to sell that narrative to this generation?
BeLookingIDIOT:

How is this hate? He was just being honest about putting his people first.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Tzar(m): 5:56pm On May 08, 2021
Greatness is not just mouthed, it MUST be demonstrated. So far Nigeria has not demonstrated greatness, it has only mouthed it. Scarce resources in the hands of a prodigal child demands harsh consequences... Nigeria is a prodigal child with very scarce resources in her care.
Lazycapitalist2:

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 08, 2021

Maybe it was a function or something. That’s a beautiful picture by the way.

The pic is actually comical. From from statements credited to him he sounded like a bigot. He was probably a member of the Klu Klux Klowns.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 08, 2021
Mikehot:
Ahmadu bello the Terrorist

When Enahoro was demanding that British formulate a credible blue print to independence by 1954, it was this Terrorist that objected

That side has always drawn Nigeria back.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Cromagnon: 6:49pm On May 08, 2021
ogbonti:

you are very emotional and you are making very little sense. you can’t insult your way to make sense. If you don’t know what political maturity is, I will give you an instance

in 1961- Nelson Mandela thought the best way to end apartheid was through terrorism. If South Africa became independent in 1961 and lets say miraculously all whites left South Africa in 1961, then the culture of bombs and violence will be established as the only means to wield political power and it will cascade further over the years making South Africa a failed State

In 1990 when Mandela was released, he had gained political maturity and he knew he had to build consensus in the multiracial society - making concessions to have Fredrick De Klerk (a man who at some point was in charge of his imprisonment as his VP) and a political culture was established which you will agree is not volatile as compared to Nigeria or other African countries that gained independence in the 1960s.

Talking about the Mandela /De Klerk Administration- do you see a Nigerian president under APC making a concession move to have the PDP leader be his VP? That’s the political maturity I am talking about where “power sharing” is not just about the winner takes it all. That’s what is going on in Nigeria - so except you decamp to the ruling party the EFCC will hound you, embarrass you and lock you up for a crime everyone else commits and gets away with - Are you following me so far?

Does this happen in South Africa ? Is the opposition constantly living in fear of the ruling party victimizing and criminalizing stuff about her members ?

Look at Mugabe, he gained power through Guerilla warfare for the most part and despite his pan Africanist stand, do you remember how intolerant he was of the opposition from Joshua Nkomo to Morgan Tsvaginrai?

You are just spewing nonsensical platitudes about me being a servant of the white bla bla bla - is there any African dictator clad as a democratically elected leader in African country today that is not a puppet of the west?

If you doubt my last sentence- tell Buhari to talk rubbish against US interest today and see if he won’t be removed within 3 months either by a coup or assassination or any way by way

So I am not the problem. The problem is the political class who hurried independence and when they got it - they started cannibalizing themselves. Go read about the 1964 western region crisis which led to the Jan 15 1966 coup and you will know we were not ready for independence!
What did Mandela achieve in south Africa?
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Ochuko24endy: 6:57pm On May 08, 2021
Cha na agbada Dem take dey play golf?
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by ogbonti: 7:16pm On May 08, 2021
Cromagnon:

What did Mandela achieve in south Africa?

Go South Africa and you will find out what Mandela achieved immediately you step into the country or decide to use the local currency to buy anything, awon argumentator grin
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Cromagnon: 8:34pm On May 08, 2021
ogbonti:

Go South Africa and you will find out what Mandela achieved immediately you step into the country or decide to use the local currency to buy anything, awon argumentator grin

Was that Mandela or the white ppl?
Abi you no de watch zuma travails or the new nincompoop in power or the idiot youth that wants to replicate Zimbabwe?

There is reason you argumentate before you take action that will affect millions for decades
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by theone3010: 8:35am On May 10, 2021
Simplyleo:
Flagging off a cricket tournament/competition or playing cricket?

Every sport has dress code and agbada is never a dress code for any sport.

This is a fulanization dress code for cricket
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Kubernetes: 7:16pm On May 11, 2021
Mikehot:

Which Ojukwu Dad was that?
Was he the one that stayed and enjoyed Zungeru food so much that his wife gave birth to Ojukwu in the northern village of Zungeru in Niger state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Names Prof. Charles Okigbo As Campaign Spokesperson (Photo) / The Interior Of Jimoh Ibrahim's Dubai Office (Photos) / Pictures From Gwoza After It Was Captured By The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.