Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,630 members, 7,955,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:07 PM

Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) (51665 Views)

Shocker: Onitsha In 1950 Is More Decent Than Ibadan Of 2023!!! / Governor Yahaya Bello Playing With His Family (Photos) / Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto Playing Cricket In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Mivici: 8:47pm On May 07, 2021
oscarlamba:
Mehn 1950 is a long time ago.I bet Everyone in that picture don kpuff
na lie
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Elidrisy20: 8:48pm On May 07, 2021
God Punish all Biafrans, it will never be well with you, and you will continue to remain slave s in Nigeria forever and ever ameeen

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by WaterWalker5(m): 8:49pm On May 07, 2021

Maybe it was a function or something. That’s a beautiful picture by the way.
I concur bro For a 1950 photo to be that sharp. The pinhole camera the guy used must have been an expensive one
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Elidrisy20: 8:49pm On May 07, 2021
StrongInBed:

Shut up pig, even foolish Buhari have the scar of that war that took Murtala to his grave, How many millions died in useless North then and how many are dying now.

We are proud of that war.
na werey you be
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Segzy19: 8:56pm On May 07, 2021
I guess this was only for the camera otherwise who plays cricket with that type of clothing....
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Sojiboi(m): 9:26pm On May 07, 2021
Desmond idiot is stupid
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by tishbite41(m): 9:30pm On May 07, 2021
Wickedfacts:

Hmmn.

3M pigs fall for that thing wey January boys do.

Yap.
It was worth it.

No to Fulanization and Islamization.

We're ready for the Biafran War 2.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by sugarfrank(m): 9:38pm On May 07, 2021
Aboki will always be Aboki.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Patooz: 9:50pm On May 07, 2021
You sure Oga bello no cut ��� that ball, abi him think say na bomb � � him won hit back
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 07, 2021
ogbonti:

Economics own not the only yardstick to measure readiness for independence

what about political and social maturity ?

We were very mature poltically...or when would we have been ready? (Hundreds of years from now?)

Nigeria's problem is that we run a share the money economy. All our problems begin and end there. Even agitation for Biafra is partly because of control over oil money....same reason why the North opposes restructuring.

How long were we going to be under whitey before we got 'mature' enough? Maybe for you...and I am sorry for making fun , but your comment remids me of the white racists who think we Africans are dull, and Lord knows we are not dull....it would have been till they year 2092.

Besides the same whites used to be run by generations of despots and opressors...which they were getting over when they were colonising us (and even then, during the colonial perod, a lot of white people were broke ass poor.And poor).

We got independent at the right time. What we needed to do was to stop developing a system of sharing money, and evolve into using our natuiral resources to produce inustrial goods....that's how to develop. If we remained under Brtish rule...we would have been forever dependent on the British, and even more underdeveloped than we are now.

We were ready. High time we acted like it...and we can. Stop wating for a saviour....because from your comments you are one of them black people who think the whites will save us. Well, they don't have the money to come and recolonize us anymore. High time we used our brains for something doing.!
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Crayfish09: 10:00pm On May 07, 2021
Mikehot:
Ahmadu bello the Terrorist

When Enahoro was demanding that British formulate a credible blue print to independence by 1954, it was this Terrorist that objected

The only terrorists are children of the cursed tribe that murdered him. And for that, those cursed people shall forever remain forced in Nigeria and they shall never rule the land. Hoejukwu tried and failed, and now Namdi Cownu is on his way to join him in hell

3 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Crayfish09: 10:01pm On May 07, 2021
gawu1:

And the consequences were over 3 million lives of inyameri pigs in addition to condemning inyameri to slavery permanently.

Beautiful

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Crayfish09: 10:03pm On May 07, 2021
EMMY76:
If not for Major kaduna Nzeogu this jihadist could have succeeded in islamizing the whole southern nigeria by now.

And just 3 years later, we sent 3 million bastards to accompany the great Sardauna to the great beyond

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Benega9(m): 10:15pm On May 07, 2021
Go heaven Come Back,aboki na aboki
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by olowo1930: 10:22pm On May 07, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

grin
nice reply with funny classifications
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by ogbonti: 10:50pm On May 07, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

We were very mature poltically...or when would we have been ready? (Hundreds of years from now?)

Nigeria's problem is that we run a share the money economy. All our problems begin and end there. Even agitation for Biafra is partly because of control over oil money....same reason why the North opposes restructuring.

How long were we going to be under whitey before we got 'mature' enough? Maybe for you...and I am sorry for making fun , but your comment remids me of the white racists who think we Africans are dull, and Lord knows we are not dull....it would have been till they year 2092.

Besides the same whites used to be run by generations of despots and opressors...which they were getting over when they were colonising us (and even then, during the colonial perod, a lot of white people were broke ass poor.And poor).

We got independent at the right time. What we needed to do was to stop developing a system of sharing money, and evolve into using our natuiral resources to produce inustrial goods....that's how to develop. If we remained under Brtish rule...we would have been forever dependent on the British, and even more underdeveloped than we are now.

We were ready. High time we acted like it...and we can. Stop wating for a saviour....because from your comments you are one of them black people who think the whites will save us. Well, they don't have the money to come and recolonize us anymore. High time we used our brains for something doing.!

you are very emotional and you are making very little sense. you can’t insult your way to make sense. If you don’t know what political maturity is, I will give you an instance

in 1961- Nelson Mandela thought the best way to end apartheid was through terrorism. If South Africa became independent in 1961 and lets say miraculously all whites left South Africa in 1961, then the culture of bombs and violence will be established as the only means to wield political power and it will cascade further over the years making South Africa a failed State

In 1990 when Mandela was released, he had gained political maturity and he knew he had to build consensus in the multiracial society - making concessions to have Fredrick De Klerk (a man who at some point was in charge of his imprisonment as his VP) and a political culture was established which you will agree is not volatile as compared to Nigeria or other African countries that gained independence in the 1960s.

Talking about the Mandela /De Klerk Administration- do you see a Nigerian president under APC making a concession move to have the PDP leader be his VP? That’s the political maturity I am talking about where “power sharing” is not just about the winner takes it all. That’s what is going on in Nigeria - so except you decamp to the ruling party the EFCC will hound you, embarrass you and lock you up for a crime everyone else commits and gets away with - Are you following me so far?

Does this happen in South Africa ? Is the opposition constantly living in fear of the ruling party victimizing and criminalizing stuff about her members ?

Look at Mugabe, he gained power through Guerilla warfare for the most part and despite his pan Africanist stand, do you remember how intolerant he was of the opposition from Joshua Nkomo to Morgan Tsvaginrai?

You are just spewing nonsensical platitudes about me being a servant of the white bla bla bla - is there any African dictator clad as a democratically elected leader in African country today that is not a puppet of the west?

If you doubt my last sentence- tell Buhari to talk rubbish against US interest today and see if he won’t be removed within 3 months either by a coup or assassination or any way by way

So I am not the problem. The problem is the political class who hurried independence and when they got it - they started cannibalizing themselves. Go read about the 1964 western region crisis which led to the Jan 15 1966 coup and you will know we were not ready for independence!
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Elidrisy20: 11:06pm On May 07, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Igbos killed this man,and they are still suffering for it till today
they will continue to suffer till entinity

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Sleekfingers: 11:31pm On May 07, 2021
Cutezt:
Rare Image Of Sir Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950

The image speaks for itself

wearing parachute to play cricket...na wa o
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Crayfish09: 11:52pm On May 07, 2021
hedonido:
No be today Abokki begin dey stupid. You wear your full traditional robes to play sport. Even the Queen of England wouldn't dress formal to do sport.

Animals. From the beginning.

Idiot. People in suits also perform for a few seconds just for the camera. The only animals I know are those useless children that we starved to death when that cuntt Ojukwu tried to fight us

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by hansomb: 1:55am On May 08, 2021
StrongInBed:

Shut up pig, even foolish Buhari have the scar of that war that took Murtala to his grave, How many millions died in useless North then and how many are dying now.

We are proud of that war.
is this what you proud of. You not born then. Am sure daddy and big Uncle will disagree.

4 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by hansomb: 2:00am On May 08, 2021
The Great Sardauna. A man of Principles .

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by CXLVII: 2:31am On May 08, 2021
oscarlamba:
Mehn 1950 is a long time ago.I bet Everyone in that picture don kpuff

Some of us are still here.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Hausa(m): 2:32am On May 08, 2021
hansomb:
is this what you proud of. You not born then. Am sure daddy and big Uncle will disagree.
So you're happy putting this up?
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by hansomb: 2:35am On May 08, 2021
Hausa:
So you're happy putting this up?
For Educational purpose. Those who forget their past are bound to make the same mistakes again. How about this then. . . .

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by miraculousGod(m): 3:46am On May 08, 2021
playing cricket with agbada
learn white board animation and e-commerce website creation. see my number underneath this comment
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Kuginzi: 4:09am On May 08, 2021
Mikehot:
Ahmadu bello the Terrorist

When Enahoro was demanding that British formulate a credible blue print to independence by 1954, it was this Terrorist that objected
Terrorist calling another person Terrorist.
You're the real terrorist if u don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Kuginzi: 4:13am On May 08, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

grin
Iyanmiri na iyanmiri

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:28am On May 08, 2021
cpu2006:
Is among of leader that scattered this country.
What about Nzeogwu, Ironsi, and Ojukwu?

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by IpobKiller: 5:18am On May 08, 2021
Mikehot:
Abdul, ojukwu dad was ordained a knight by the queen herself

When Queen came to Nigeria only ojukwu dad had a rolls Royce to carry her

All these even before 1950

Rolls Royce he bought by selling his brothers. The reason Nyameris keep killing their brothers for money ritual and do all illegal things just to get rich. Anuofia.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by firstratedcitiz(m): 5:42am On May 08, 2021
Thank God it was the same "inyameri" who taught your enlightened Sardauna the bloodiest lesson of his life in 1966.
gawu1:

When he did that most inyameri were still using leafs to cover their body. Even Zik who was the most enlightened inyameri knew not how to play cricket at that time.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by cpu2006(m): 5:53am On May 08, 2021
MajorLeaguePlay:
What about Nzeogwu, Ironsides, and Ojukwu?

All of them
Re: Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:47am On May 08, 2021
ogbonti:

you are very emotional and you are making very little sense. you can’t insult your way to make sense. If you don’t know what political maturity is, I will give you an instance

in 1961- Nelson Mandela thought the best way to end apartheid was through terrorism. If South Africa became independent in 1961 and lets say miraculously all whites left South Africa in 1961, then the culture of bombs and violence will be established as the only means to wield political power and it will cascade further over the years making South Africa a failed State

In 1990 when Mandela was released, he had gained political maturity and he knew he had to build consensus in the multiracial society - making concessions to have Fredrick De Klerk (a man who at some point was in charge of his imprisonment as his VP) and a political culture was established which you will agree is not volatile as compared to Nigeria or other African countries that gained independence in the 1960s.

Talking about the Mandela /De Klerk Administration- do you see a Nigerian president under APC making a concession move to have the PDP leader be his VP? That’s the political maturity I am talking about where “power sharing” is not just about the winner takes it all. That’s what is going on in Nigeria - so except you decamp to the ruling party the EFCC will hound you, embarrass you and lock you up for a crime everyone else commits and gets away with - Are you following me so far?

Does this happen in South Africa ? Is the opposition constantly living in fear of the ruling party victimizing and criminalizing stuff about her members ?

Look at Mugabe, he gained power through Guerilla warfare for the most part and despite his pan Africanist stand, do you remember how intolerant he was of the opposition from Joshua Nkomo to Morgan Tsvaginrai?

You are just spewing nonsensical platitudes about me being a servant of the white bla bla bla - is there any African dictator clad as a democratically elected leader in African country today that is not a puppet of the west?

If you doubt my last sentence- tell Buhari to talk rubbish against US interest today and see if he won’t be removed within 3 months either by a coup or assassination or any way by way

So I am not the problem. The problem is the political class who hurried independence and when they got it - they started cannibalizing themselves. Go read about the 1964 western region crisis which led to the Jan 15 1966 coup and you will know we were not ready for independence!

I am not emoitional...just angry with you that you seem to think we are too dull to be independent from the white people.

We were mature enough. It was time. Now we need to do the hard work of growing as nations. The Europeans are not going to teach us how to grow as nations. We are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BokoHaram Members Caught IDP Camp In Gwoza (Photos) / AIT Deletes Online Poll As Peter Obi Leads By 82% / 22 APC Senators Planning To Defect To PDP - Fani-Kayode Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.