Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? (1875 Views)

What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? / When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] / She Lied About Her Age, Should I Divorce Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Amareal(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
Please house i need your advice on this matter. I married to a lady who was married before, and we have stayed together for more than 5 years though without any child.

Now my mind is telling me that she is not my real wife,should i divorce her and marry another woman?. I am a christian . please advice me.
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by BABE3: 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^^ Your mind is telling you uhn?!  smiley

This your mind won put you for trouble o.

I'm sure it was this same mind you listened to before you married her.

What kind of confused mind is that sef?  lipsrsealed

You know what, let's get this str8 OP, you want to divorce her coz she's not popping out babies, or because your confused mind is telling you to?
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by MrCork17: 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2011
Amareal:

I married to a lady who was married before, and we have stayed together for more than 5 years though without any child.

5 years though without any child? Bro, are you firing blanks? undecided (no oofeinse)
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Dyt(f): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2011
Bro where did u put ur faith as a xtain huh?
Y do u all put blames on female wen u seem nt b able produce a workin sp.erm
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Amareal(m): 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2011
What i mean is that she divorced her first husband and got married to me,as a christian is she my real wife?
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by BABE3: 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^ Why did she divorce her husband?
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by hollandis(f): 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2011
Hammer the girl and stop yarning dust
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by manmustwac(m): 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2011
Amareal:

What i mean is that she divorced her first husband and got married to me,as a christian is she my real wife?
you sound like a very confused soul. How can you be married to a woman to five years before you begin to realise that she is not your wife?

Why didn't you realise this during the time you spent with her before you got married?
Dyt:

Bro where did u put your faith as a xtain huh?
Y do u all put blames on female wen u seem nt b able produce a workin sp.erm
And why did you ignore the above question? tongue
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by omega25red(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
Amareal:

didn't you know that she was married before? or did you just find out? seems like you are looking for an excuse to get a divorce and you haven't told us the real issues you guys are having instead you want to hide behind the fact that you are a christian.
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Amareal(m): 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2011
She said her first husband is not man enough after 4years she has been married to him.
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by BABE3: 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^So it wasn't because of infidelity ba? Well, the only grounds the bible gives for a Christian to get divorced are INFIDELITY and DEATH of spouse!

So--- undecided What do you think?
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by chikeorji123(m): 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
BABE!:

^^So it wasn't because of infidelity ba? Well, the only grounds the bible gives for a Christian to get divorced are INFIDELITY and DEATH of spouse!

So--- undecided What do you think?

Answer this
b/c l'm still confuse here, u did not state your reason of divorce her.by the way have u people have a baby yet
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Jenifa1: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2011
Amareal:

we have stayed together for more than 5 years though without any child. Now my mind is telling me that she is not my real wife

so you didn't know that she was divorced before you married her?
please tell me this topic is a joke

why rubbish God because you don't love your wife anymore. just divorce her as a personal decision (your mind) rather than bringing God into it.
I'm sure Abraham didn't kick Sarah out of his house for infertility.
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by justwise(m): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2011
Amareal:

Please house i need your advice on this matter. I married to a lady who was married before, and we have stayed together for more than 5 years though without any child.

Now my mind is telling me that she is not my real wife,should i divorce her and marry another woman?. I am a christian . please advice me.

She divorced her husband cos he is not 'man enough' after 4yrs and married u and after 5yrs u want to leave her? Could it be that u are not 'man enough' as well?
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Isoke(f): 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2011
This is a cop out! Just be real, if you no longer want to be married don't create some flimsy excuse "Like my mind is not telling me you're my real wife."  If you want the relationship to be over, just be a real man and tell her you want a divorce.  Of all the crock I have heard in my life for a man wanting to divorce his wife or leave his woman, this by far has got to be one of the most ridiculous.  Just because she was married before does not invalidate your current marriage.  You are bound by vows, spirit and laws, and remember you chose this for better or worse, not because she has something in her past you don't like or until it is no longer convenient for you.  I feel sorry for this woman if she has a man like you for her husband, who has grown finicky for the weakest of reasons. For shame!  angry
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Spclst900: 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2011
i think so
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2011
Amareal:

No

She is not your wife, She is my wife, Because na me marry am
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by dami30: 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2011
May be the man is seeing someone else, just another way to discharge his wife
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by HighChief4(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
You have been with her for 5years and all of a sudden you are realizing she is not your real wife. So who is your real wife?
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by MrsChima(f): 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2011
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Dyt(f): 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
I suspect d OP s got a new chic outside his hm
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by MrsChima(f): 10:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
Exactly. He wants fresh punny and looking for excuses to ditch the old punny.
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Brite02(m): 12:00am On Apr 26, 2011
Amareal:

Hahaha grin grin cheesy cheesy ya mind is playing tricks berrra watch out grin
Mrs.Chima:

Exactly. He wants fresh punny and looking for excuses to ditch the old punny.

Chei suga! You barrro0 grin
Hw ya? Where u @ this easter? Was searching for ya via nairaland via internet grin
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by 677ano(m): 12:38am On Apr 26, 2011
what a confused man did you jump into the marriage with closed eyes? after 5 years she is suddenly not the one
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by MrsChima(f): 1:04am On Apr 26, 2011
Brite02:

Hahaha grin grin cheesy cheesy ya mind is playing tricks berrra watch out grin
Chei suga! You barrro0 grin
Hw ya? Where u @ this easter? Was searching for ya via nairaland via internet grin

I was humping the Easter's Bunny and how was your Easter's? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Brite02(m): 1:12am On Apr 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I was humping the Easter's Bunny and how was your Easter's? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Bored! No showdown for me grin
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by MrsChima(f): 1:13am On Apr 26, 2011
Awww. You didn't hump the Easter Bunny either? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Brite02(m): 1:19am On Apr 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Awww. You didn't hump the Easter Bunny either? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Showdown in tokyo was far away, i felt like crying, wetin man can do na. .
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by MrsChima(f): 1:22am On Apr 26, 2011
Better luck next year huh? You should have went to Magic City 2 tongue tongue
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Brite02(m): 1:33am On Apr 26, 2011
yeah, i forgot that 'magic city'

*whispers- i wasn't on boxers*
Little ve gat is for future plans na. .
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by Brite02(m): 1:34am On Apr 26, 2011
yeah, i forgot that 'magic city'

*whispers- i wasn't on boxers*
Little ve gat is for future plans na. .
Re: I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her? by N101: 1:36am On Apr 26, 2011
Amareal - barring the jokes and insults, lemme see here:

You've been married to this woman for 5 years without a child.
She was married before.
She divorced her previous husband because, according to you, she said he wasn't "man enough" (whatever that means).
Your Christian mind, after 5 years, is telling you that she isn't your wife because she was married before.

Now, does it not occur to you that if you marry another woman that  you will not be her husband as you will be the divorcee/adulterer - or is this status only for the wife you're looking to divorce?

You seem a bit confused.  Why divorce?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Far Would You Go To Pay Back An Ex? / Why Cant Our Gurls Adopt This Style Too? / Why Girls Are More Confused Than Guys (reasons)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.