Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:21 PM

Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? (8627 Views)

Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst / Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence / Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 27, 2011
Nothing could have stopped this from happening. Except of course if Buhari had won.

It was inevitable sooner or later.

No one can stop it.

No Society Ever Has Lived in Peace with a Sizable Population of Muslims Within It.

Look around the world
List of Islamic Terror Attacks For the Past 2 Months

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

Please take a look at this link.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 27, 2011

Are you telling me that if a racist white American stabs his black neighbour to death, the FBI will be blamed for not knowing who habours hate and who does not?'

Excellent analogy. Some folks nauseate me with their despicable and unrelenting attempts to sugar-coat the bitter truth.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 27, 2011
Credit to @mikeansy

jerseyboy:

'Are you telling me that if a racist white American stabs his black neighbour to death, the FBI will be blamed for not knowing who habours hate and who does not?'

Best aguement of the day.

Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 12:56am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

A cretin like you will never believe that there is TYPO! I just asked you to correct what is WRONG with emend. Good you had checked
your dictionary. Nagging woman girl. I only pity your husband.

Lol, reserve your negative emotions for yourself. My man will not be caught raising the points you raise in defense of killers. So don't worry your pea sized brain about it.

fxtopedia:

Can a leopard change its ##### Never! There you are. I guess you are not married yet. You in-law would teach you some lesson!!! grin grin grin

grin. Looking for another party to come join you in your attack? I am never intimidated by men of your pedigree or those that share the same ideologies with you. Apparently you come from a background where in laws teach their son's wife "lessons". Sorry buddy. The people I move with are far more refined than that. LOL!

IykeD:

Madam know-all, have you read in the papers or seen on TV that those animals are killing people because of political affiliation? I mean do they ask, are you a member of PDP or did you vote for GEJ or Buhari before the kill? Aren't there PDP northerners? Why are they not being killed? The problem at hand is not political, get that into your head, it's purely religious, sectional and tribalism (which was  timed with the electioneering period) and all in all, it's a security issue that falls on the table of the federal republic of Nigeria headed by your president, GEJ.

Sir make-very-little-sense, exactly what is your point? Did you read my posts before asking me all these questions? My point is, intolerance in the North is to blame. So long as people are taught to hate others based on religious, party or ethnic affiliations there will be problems. And "my Jonathan" as you succinctly put it, is between a rock and a hard place thanks to the miscreants from Niger and Chad, the presence of Al Qaeda and our mutual animosity for each other across the Niger.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by arrynet: 1:00am On Apr 27, 2011
Hi Virgo,

You are perfectly right that we need to educate the Northern youths (ie the illiterate ones among them) to in order to get thing under control. In life (whether at work, business, school), we all have target to achieve in life. The same goes for the violence we are experiencing, every now and then.From political, economic and developmental viewpoints, education are the best solution with lasting and permanent effects. However, it should be utilized along with other interventions, because these illiterates can only be transformed to “independent” human beings who are able to stand & reason for themselves. Education is the most effective tools to change any man. But don’t forget you we need to device short, medium and long-term solutions to this problem we are currently facing. These killings have been carried for so many reasons-religions, tribal and political. God helps us! It is too much and it is enough.

The problem at hand is critical, as lives are being lost. Human life is precious. The families of the deceased are psychologically wounded for life as a result of these killings. Hence I will say the problem needs urgent and drastic action to address this “wahala” in the north.

For peace to reign in any society, we need law and order, and it is one’s responsible to ensure this.

There are different ways for curtailing violence, and our law enforcement agencies should be able to appropriate to us force which is proportional to the situation they are dealing with. And through intelligence the ring-leader of the trouble-makers should be picked and put in custody. And in a volatile situation if necessary, rubber bullets, hot water canon, etc can be used against these criminals, without necessary killing.

Sociologically and psychologically, if there is no sanction, the devil people in our society will do want they feel like doing. But if there is there is sanction, they will feel checked in a way. If nothing done about this violence consistently, it will happen again, and that is the unfortunate thing that I would not like to imagine.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 1:06am On Apr 27, 2011
arrynet:

Hi Virgo,

You are perfectly right that we need to educate the Northern youths (ie the illiterate ones among them) to in order to get thing under control. In life (whether at work, business, school), we all have target to achieve in life. The same goes for the violence we are experiencing, every now and then.From political, economic and developmental viewpoints, education are the best solution with lasting and permanent effects. However, it should be utilized along with other interventions, because these illiterates can only be transformed to “independent” human beings who are able to stand & reason for themselves. Education is the most effective tools to change any man. But don’t forget you we need to device short, medium and long-term solutions to this problem we are currently facing. These killings have been carried for so many reasons-religions, tribal and political. God helps us! It is too much and it is enough.

The problem at hand is critical, as lives are being lost. Human life is precious. The families of the deceased are psychologically wounded for life as a result of these killings. Hence I will say the problem needs urgent and drastic action to address this “wahala” in the north.

For peace to reign in any society, we need law and order, and it is one’s responsible to ensure this.

There are different ways for curtailing violence, and our law enforcement agencies should be able to appropriate to us force which is proportional to the situation they are dealing with. And through intelligence the ring-leader of the trouble-makers should be picked and put in custody. And in a volatile situation if necessary, rubber bullets, hot water canon, etc can be used against these criminals, without necessary killing.

Sociologically and psychologically, if there is no sanction, the devil people in our society will do want they feel like doing. But if there is there is sanction, they will feel checked in a way. If nothing done about this violence consistently, it will happen again, and that is the unfortunate thing that I would not like to imagine.

Thank you for your very valid points. It is just irksome that some of us fail to appreciate the value of human lives. I sincerely hope the incessant violence in the North is brought under control, because it is the biggest challenge to our unity.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by IykeD(m): 1:06am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

Sir make-very-little-sense, exactly what is your point? Did you read my posts before asking me all these questions? My point is, intolerance in the North is to blame. So long as people are taught to hate others based on religious, party or ethnic affiliations there will be problems. And "my Jonathan" as you succinctly put it, is between a rock and a hard place thanks to the miscreants from Niger and Chad, the presence of Al Qaeda and our mutual animosity for each other across the Niger.

At least i make little sense and if you are smart, you would have understood where i am coming from. What i am saying is no one person can be accused or held responsible for all  these, we have had many of such before. We can't sit back and continue shouting Buhari while people are being killed everyday, something has to be done, i can't do it, you can't do it, only the government can tackle this mess!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 1:09am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

Lol, reserve your negative emotions for yourself. My man will not be caught raising the points you raise in defense of killers. So don't worry your pea sized brain about it.

grin. Looking for another party to come join you in your attack? I am never intimidated by men of your pedigree or those that share the same ideologies with you. Apparently you come from a background where in laws teach their son's wife "lessons". Sorry buddy. The people I move with are far more refined than that. LOL!

I can handle you alone. Refined in deed!  tongue tongue tongue
Your reasoning is even poor. Nagging girl, keep barking!!! Time and future will tell.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 1:20am On Apr 27, 2011
IykeD:

At least i make little sense and if you are smart, you would have understood where i am coming from. What i am saying is no one person can be accused or held responsible for all  these, we have had many of such before. We can't sit back and continue shouting Buhari while people are being killed everyday, something has to be done, i can't do it, you can't do it, only government can do tackle this mess!

Well sir, my point is we must also start with ourselves before government can do anything. And in any case, the almajiris in the North must undergo serious orientation to be able to become better citizens. This burden falls on the educated elites of the North that have treated their own children to education in foreign countries at the expense of their own people.

We cannot isolate the government and ask them to do the impossible. You should never underestimate passions my friend. People filled with hate or indoctrinated to hate others based on religious convictions will go any length to thwart efforts by the government to bring security to a country. Without speaking for Jonathan (mind you, I am one of his most ardent critics), If the government deals with this crisis with a firm hand, trust that some mischievous elements will tell the almajiris "i told you so. you see that the "kaffirs" are your enemies?". Then, enter suicide bombing. See Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan for reference. Let us use this opportunity presented by the recent outbreak of violence in the North to sit down and carve a new path for Nigeria or simply see how we can part ways amicably if it will save lives. That is my stand.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 1:32am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

I can handle you alone. Refined in deed!  tongue tongue tongue
Your reasoning is even poor. Nagging girl, keep barking!!! Time and future will tell.  

Lol! grin. I have presented arguments and all you have done is veer off track with senseless dribble. Yeah, I can see you handling me alright. grin grin I forgot more than you'll ever learn dear. Go read and then come back and say something sensible. grin grin
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by IykeD(m): 1:33am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

Well sir, my point is we must also start with ourselves before government can do anything. And in any case, the almajiris in the North must undergo serious orientation to be able to become better citizens. This burden falls on the educated elites of the North that have treated their own children to education in foreign countries at the expense of their own people.

We cannot isolate the government and ask them to do the impossible. You should never underestimate passions my friend. People filled with hate or indoctrinated to hate others based on religious convictions will go any length to thwart efforts by the government to bring security to a country. Without speaking for Jonathan (mind you, I am one of his most ardent critics), If the government deals with this crisis with a firm hand, trust that some mischievous elements will tell the almajiris "i told you so. you see that the "kaffirs" are your enemies?". Then, enter suicide bombing. See Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan for reference. Let us use this opportunity presented by the recent outbreak of violence in the North to sit down and carve a new path for Nigeria or simply see how we can part ways amicably if it will save lives. That is my stand.

I see you are in Abuja, you can easily communicate your stand to Aso Rock and Senate. I am far away hence, can do little or nothing, so we can start with you. If you feel the matter is too sensitive for the Government to deal with, then you can help us educate some of them to turn their hate to love, as if you do not know that those animals are trying so hard to make Nigeria be even worse than those countries you mentioned. Let the Government start at all with "soft hand" and we see where it will lead to. Gotta rest and worry less about this failed country!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 1:35am On Apr 27, 2011
IykeD:

I see you are in Abuja, you can easily communicate your stand to Aso Rock and Senate. I am far away hence, can do little or nothing, so we can start with you. If you feel the matter is too sensitive for the Government to deal with, then you can help us educate some of them to turn their hate to love, as if you do not know that those animals are trying so hard to make Nigeria be even worse than those countries you mentioned. Let the Government start at all with "soft hand" and we see where it will lead to. Gotta rest and worry less about this failed country!

Lol. I hear you. So you agree that Nigeria is a failed project?
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by IykeD(m): 1:38am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

Lol. I hear you. So you agree that the country is a failed project?

I knew it was 12 years ago!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by Nobody: 1:41am On Apr 27, 2011
^^^^
Lovely you guys made up. Great.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 1:42am On Apr 27, 2011
IykeD:

I knew it was 12 years ago!

Good. Those who destroy the country are the old recycled soldiers in our midst. You can put them in any party. Their ideologies remain divide and rule. So if Nigeria is a failed project, then it is time to part ways.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 1:47am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

Lol! grin. I have presented arguments and all you have done is veer off track with senseless dribble. Yeah, I can see you handling me alright. grin grin I forgot more than you'll ever learn dear. Go read and then come back and say something sensible. grin grin

No! I was not trolling at all. I was against the CURSE.
Read because of dummy like you? LOL never!!!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 1:49am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

No! I was not trolling at all. I was against the CURSE.
Read because of dummy like you? LOL never!!!

grin One word for you- silly. *Pats fxtopedia on his misshapen head*
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 1:57am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

grin One word for you- silly. [size=28pt]*Pats virgo on her misshapen head*[/size]

Mumu,   grin that[b] ROFLMAO[/b]
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 2:01am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

Mumu,   grin that[b] ROFLMAO[/b]

cheesy grin grin On encoute les imbeciles par les silence.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 2:10am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

cheesy grin grin On encoute les imbeciles par les silence.

Oponu! grin!!! Beautiful face rotten heart!!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 2:12am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

Oponu! grin!!! Beautiful face rotten heart!!!! tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin A real Buhari supporter. SMH
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 2:19am On Apr 27, 2011
I dey laugh oooo
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 2:21am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

grin grin grin A real Buhari supporter. SMH

You got it! And that confirmed your nas***
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 2:24am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

I dey laugh oooo

Oh oh, done with spewing garbage?  grin

fxtopedia:

You got it! And that confirmed your nas***

grin grin Oh dear! Whatever! Just go to bed! grin
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 2:27am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

Oh oh, done with spewing garbage? grin

grin grin Oh dear! It's "you're", not "your" grin grin

Dummy! Dummy!! You don't understand what I had in mind except you are a wit### cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 2:33am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

Dummy! Dummy!! You don't understand what I had in mind except you are a wit### cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hehe, I have been moved by your display of "intelligence" and humanity to the killers of those corpers. Now, I am firmly convinced that you are a real "smarty". It is simply hard to miss your lack of focus in arguments. I am very "impressed". Seriously. You can keep the insults coming, I am always amused to read from you. grin grin
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 2:45am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

Hehe, I have been moved by your display of "intelligence" and humanity to the killers of those corpers. Now, I am firmly convinced that you are a real "smarty". It is simply hard to miss your lack of focus in arguments. I am very "impressed". Seriously. You can keep the insults coming, I am always amused to read from you. grin grin

hypocrite!!! Fool will not empathise with family(ies) of those corps member!
I never against any of your comments save the curse you placed on Buhari
and his supporters. Too bad!

Think about it!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 2:52am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

hypocrite!!! Fool will not empathise with family(ies) of those corps member!
I never against any of your comments save the curse you placed on Buhari
and his supporters
. Too bad!

Think about it!

grin grin cheesy first highlighted, slow down and make sense.

Second highlighted, huh?

Third highlighted, your words bear no resemblance to my comments. "Almajiri apologists?" "Bigots?"- Sound familiar? Don't try to sensationalize things. Keep it rational. I'm off to bed.  kiss kiss grin
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 2:56am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

grin grin cheesy first highlighted, slow down and make sense.

Second highlighted, your words bear no resemblance to my comments. "Almajiri apologists?" "Bigots?"- Sound familiar? Don't try to sensationalize things. Keep it rational. I'm off to bed.  kiss kiss grin

You will zoom to bed and leave me here? Too bad!
We gotta continue next time you make any obnoxious comments.
"Almajiri apologists?" "Bigots?" The words look good for you my dear, LEL
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 3:00am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

You will zoom to bed and leave me here? Too bad!
We gotta continue next time you make any obnoxious comments.
"Almajiri apologists?" "Bigots?" The words look good for you my dear, LEL

grin Obnoxious comments? LOL. Interesting!! Please feel free to follow me around all you want. As for now, toodles,,, grin
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 3:03am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

grin Obnoxious comments? LOL. Interesting!! Please feel free to follow me around all you want. As for now, toodles,,, grin
GREAT! I salute your courage jare! See ya! Mo gbadun re gan!!!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by oseo1(m): 4:24am On Apr 27, 2011
When Buhari was on the campaign trail and making statements like ", carry sticks and break their heads open" what did he think would happen if he lost? There are some things you should never say, except if your intention is to incite violence and stir up trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Mourns Shehu Shagari, Urges FG To Name A National Institution After Him / PDP Condemns Buhari’s Private Trip To UK Amid Insecurity / Detained Nigerian Activist, Chido Onumah Has Been Released By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.