Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,482 members, 7,857,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? (8633 Views)

Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst / Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence / Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by annytee(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2011
leaders dont search for excusses, they look for solutions. pls encourage ours to do so!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by annytee(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2011
leaders dont search for excusses, they look for solutions. pls encourage ours to do so!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by ak47mann(m): 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2011
kobo junkie need to drink your mama breast again so that your brain will grow faster undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by Phonon: 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2011
Who is to blame?In my opinion,that is not the right question to ask.The question should be, "Why is nobody ever held responsible for these senseless killings."
Regardless of the gross inefficiencies of the security services, ethnicity and religion are the main reasons why nobody is ever prosecuted.If Christian southerners are being killed in the north,you send in the military composed of mostly northerners to quell the violence.Would they arrest their kind?Probably not.Would the governors of those northern states who have enslaved their people come out boldly and condemn the religious leaders inciting the youths to believe whoever doesn't practice their relignon is a threat to their existence. Since independence,the north has produced most of Nigeria's leaders,why did they not develop the place even with absolute power in their grasp.The killings will continue until we have what South Sudan had,a referendum to decide if we want to exist with people who don't regard others as humans.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by MaiSuya(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2011
who is to blame?

everyone but ourselves
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by manny4life(m): 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2011
ak47mann:

kobo junkie need to drink your mama bosom again so that your brain will grow faster undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

lol, that was funny, did u hear him madom Kobo?

In every case, someone has to take responsibility of their actions,; however, congress does charge the leader of the executive branch of govt to protect the lives and property of the people. It's an oath which he / she swore and affirmed to upon assuming office of the president. In this case, the office of the president is charged with protecting the lives and property of the people but in the absence of efficiency and yet incompetence of agencies delegated upon to see that law is not broken, someone is held accountable and not necessarily the president . The question shouldn't be who's to blame, it's happened already but question how do we do it better next time. There's a pattern in Nigeria that we never learn from mistakes rather choose to point accusing fingers.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by born2boink(m): 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2011
I blame Jonathan for not giving out orders to shoot the people direct and not arrest then,who causing the violence in the the country

KILLING AGAINST INDISCIPLINE. I am mad, they shoud stop killing our people over there, because I love both Hausa,Ibo and Yoruba but if anyone single out as evil, he should be kill and not arrested immediately
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by Limaoscar: 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2011
Buhari and his CONGRESS FOR PATHETIC CANNIBALS are to blame.

Buhari is the most irresponsible public figure in the history of Nigeria.

Spot on please change bold to read : [i[b]]"Buhari + Bakare are the most irresponsible Public Figures in the History of Nigeria"[/i][/b].

For a Major part of the blame that Bakare is the clue-less running tap draw responsible for  fuelling and feeding their supporters with hate Speeches.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by IykeD(m): 10:12pm On Apr 26, 2011
I am tired of reading all these threads about whom to blame for the post-election crisis and even sick of all these people calling Buhari! Is Buhari bigger than a Country of 150million people? Is he more powerful than the Government of the federal republic of Nigeria? If he is then why rig him out of the election, he would have as well be given the mantle of leadership. So if those animals kill one-quarter of people of Nigeria, you still sit here and say Buhari is the cause when the man has told anyone who cares to listen that he has nothing whatsoever to do with the killings which, even if he didn't say it doesn't really matter. Come on, we have a sitting president, who is meant to be responsible for every citizen. Just last week, the minister for interior or so was sacked and that made NL front page and you guys started hailing him saying he sacked him for not performing his duties as regards the security situations and that meant the security issues were going to be tackled, but two days later, your GEJ's goverment said he was sacked for engaging in inter-party affairs, can you beat that? A country is boiling so hot, almost being brought down by some uneducated animals and your president is talking about inter-party affairs.

Please, it is shameful and sheer cowardice for people to continue calling Buhari's name in this whole thing. This is a security issue which must be tackled by the Government. The continued massacre of innocent citizens by whatever guise and nothing is still done about it goes a long way to show Gej is not capable of ruling a country as complex as Nigeria and this has always been my number issue against him, he is weak and can only crawl when he is pushed to run. Let him do something and stop all these blame talks!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2011
Simply blame WEAK government!
Cretins would claim it is Buhari.

JOS crisis is Buhari? [size=18pt]LOL[/size]
MEND wahala is Buhari? [size=18pt]LEL[/size]
ABUJA bomb blast is BUHARI?[size=18pt] LMAO[/size]
Post election n Suleja Bomb still Buhari? [size=18pt]ROFLMAO[/size]

Solutions:
[size=28pt]STOP RIGGING
STOP CORRUPTION
PROVIDE EMPLOYMENT TO THE PEOPLE(idle hands are devil's w***)
Constant Electricity
Unemployment benefits
Good Roads etc
[/size]
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2011
It is the almajiri apologists all over NL and Nigeria that I blame for not being sincere. Whether you like it or not, Nigeria cannot be compared to Western countries as we are culturally and religiously diverse. A country with citizens speaking different languages and abiding by different ideologies is not the same with one that speaks the same language and has the majority of its citizens belong to the same religion. As much as I agree that GEJ should take a bold step in fishing out perpetrators of these senseless killings that have been going on, I am aware of the fact that the average Hausa man is deeply distrustful of the Southerner. It doesn't help that their religious leaders have indoctrinated them and their so called leaders in power have conveniently found scapegoats to carry out their nefarious activities.

Gen. Buhari knows the make up of the Northern society and their insecurities, so he is every bit as guilty as the miscreants who killed innocent people by inciting them to use violence in the event of his loss to PDP. Since the North has more illiterate people than literate people, this man banked on their ignorance to whip up the already existing anti-West, anti- Christian, and anti- South sentiments. Why on earth was the president being referred to as a "Kaffir" in their fliers? Why did he completely disregard the South, banking on the underage voters and Islamic extremists to get him to be the president of a nation of over 250 tribes? Why did Buhari show such contempt for a culturally diverse country in the last election? You don't need to read the 48 Laws of power to know that his tears prior to the election was only for a section of the country.

People have been tired of PDP and their non delivery for 12 years. I occasionally fault the President's policies, but I hold anyone who suffers from superiority complex in complete disdain. Gen. Buhari and his cohorts had their part in the riots. As for those of you who pretend that Nigeria can be compared to Western countries that share a common language and religion, you need to look again at your claims by looking closely at Nigeria and its problems. Educated Northerners are also culprits because they will never come out to blame their extremists brothers, maybe for fear of sounding like they are pro South or out of sheer wickedness. Rather than solve their problems, they are determined to drag us down with them with their songs of one Nigeria. All of you making excuses for Buhari or the continued genocide of Southern Nigerians in the North, I pray that you experience the agony of parents who lost their children to the mayhem, AMEN. Until we all agree that there is a problem in the North, Nigeria is a failed project. angry
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by passyjango(m): 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2011
While we are busy looking for scapegoats, the Al-Qaeda is having a time of their lives recruiting ignorant Nigerians to help them achieve their global objective. Could you imagine how many people may have enlisted into Al-Qaeda in the past few weeks? Who knows it may take a suicide bombing in Alaba or Onitsha markets to unlock those docile brains of ours that we are sitting on a ticking time bomb. Maybe that is what we need to wake up from our slumber.

Although most of us see the Almajiris as nuisance, they can be turned into assets if only we have the right people in government. All we need is to enlighten them, provide them with useful skills, and build an economic ecosystem around them. Imagine those millions of idle youths used to drive agricultural and industrial revolution in Nigeria. With their expertise in begging, they can even be turned into marketers. Once they are busy and can earn some reasonable income, they will have a value of self worth, which will make them harder targets for extremists and Islamists.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by arrynet: 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2011
The Government and the law enforcement (security) agents should be held responsible for the carnage that it is repeatedly occurring in the north. Through their operation and strategies they have failed the nation, by not providing adequate security to the populace. Whenever they act, it is always too late, as lots of lives have always been lost by then.

The problem with us Nigerians is that we are reactive people and this has permeated through all the “building blocks” of our nation.

Don't we have SSS that are supposed to be gathering intelligence about what is happening in nation? With the good intelligence, even "common sense”, the security agents should knowledge of the major spots of violence, and they should be following the thread of events and should be able to predict where it will cumulate to.

They should act more proactively to prevent violence. Because if not prevented, chaos and lawlessness ruled the day and the criminals then have free hand to carry out their devilish acts.

I would like to ask these questions:

Are the security agents not being paid to provide protection for lives and properties?  Or what are their duties?

What are the lessons that our security agents learnt from the previous violences and killings? And what are they doing with these lessons and experience, in dealing with present situation. The old adage says “that prevention is better that cure”

Why don’t we have law enforcement compliant commission or any other such bodies that our security agents should be answerable to, especially when they failed in their duties or for their inadequacies.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 11:33pm On Apr 26, 2011
arrynet:

The Government and the law enforcement (security) agents should be held responsible for the carnage that it is repeatedly occurring in the north. Through their operation and strategies they have failed the nation, by not providing adequate security to the populace. Whenever they act, it is always too late, as lots of lives have always been lost by then.

The problem with us Nigerians is that we are reactive people and this has permeated through all the “building blocks” of our nation.

Don't we have SSS that are supposed to be gathering intelligence about what is happening in nation? With the good intelligence, even "common sense”, the security agents should knowledge of the major spots of violence, and they should be following the thread of events and should be able to predict where it will cumulate to.

They should act more proactively to prevent violence. Because if not prevented, chaos and lawlessness ruled the day and the criminals then have free hand to carry out their devilish acts.

I would like to ask these questions:

Are the security agents not being paid to provide protection for lives and properties?  Or what are their duties?

What are the lessons that our security agents learnt from the previous violences and killings? And what are they doing with these lessons and experience, in dealing with present situation. The old adage says “that prevention is better that cure”

Why don’t we have law enforcement compliant commission or any other such bodies that our security agents should be answerable to, especially when they failed in their duties or for their inadequacies.

I understand your point completely. Security agencies need to move up to their responsibility, but I however wish to state that people are much closer to their local government chairmen, clerics, pastors and governors than the Federal govt, and if all these people do not encourage a culture of tolerance among their youths, it will be very difficult for security agencies to carry out their duties effectively. The culture of intolerance and incitement must be stamped out in the North. It is up to the Clerics who these misguided youths look up to tell them the truth that the South, or Christianity is not their enemy. Until that is done, the security agents are practically helpless because we are a complex society bitterly divided on religious and ethnic lines.

Let the re-orientation begin in the grassroots. Let their be mutual trust and understanding. Let there be respect for other tribes and cultures. Otherwise we are just not going anywhere in this country. I reiterate my statement that we are too culturally and religiously diverse to compare Western countries where security agencies paid to do their work can do so without facing the problems we have in Nigeria. Can you imagine Goodluck asking the army to give a shoot on sight order at this time in the North? Because the way things are going, mere arrests will do nothing to stem the violence. Yet if the president should step up his game, you'll see what will happen.

What we need now is educated Muslims coming out to educate their illiterate brothers on the need for peaceful co-existence with other tribes, otherwise there is very little the security agencies can do about it now without inflaming the already volatile situation. Look around you and listen to the people's arguments. Never in the history of the country have we been bitterly divided like this. But then again, since the North opened the borders to extremists, and Al Qaeda in the country, coupled with the killing of innocent corpers, the South has realized that things have actually fallen apart. Don't hate on those calling for the split of this country. A people can only take so much.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by dboyfams: 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2011
GeJ shud shoulder d blame of d violence. Wat hapnd in d north didnt com as a suprise. Jo shud av envisiaged ds n put up security forces evn b4 elctn results were anouncd. Buhari didnt av 2 instigate ds rioter b4 they start their thin. In Gombe 4 instance, these almajirs startd their thin on sat night evn wen all they knew ws the result of their ward. And it ws CPC DT won, yet that didnt stop them 4rm riotin.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 11:43pm On Apr 26, 2011
virgo:

It is the almajiri apologists all over NL and Nigeria that I blame for not being sincere. Whether you like it or not, Nigeria cannot be compared to Western countries as we are culturally and religiously diverse. A country with citizens speaking different languages and abiding by different ideologies is not the same with one that speaks the same language and has the majority of its citizens belong to the same religion. As much as I agree that GEJ should take a bold step in fishing out perpetrators of these senseless killings that have been going on, I am aware of the fact that the average Hausa man is deeply distrustful of the Southerner. It doesn't help that their religious leaders have indoctrinated them and their so called leaders in power have conveniently found scapegoats to carry out their nefarious activities.

Gen. Buhari knows the make up of the Northern society and their insecurities, so he is every bit as guilty as the miscreants who killed innocent people by inciting them to use violence in the event of his loss to PDP. Since the North has more illiterate people than literate people, this man banked on their ignorance to whip up the already existing anti-West, anti- Christian, and anti- South sentiments. Why on earth was the president being referred to as a "Kaffir" in their fliers? Why did he completely disregard the South, banking on the underage voters and Islamic extremists to get him to be the president of a nation of over 250 tribes? Why did Buhari show such contempt for a culturally diverse country in the last election? You don't need to read the 48 Laws of power to know that his tears prior to the election was only for a section of the country.

People have been tired of PDP and their non delivery for 12 years. I occasionally fault the President's policies, but I hold anyone who suffers from superiority complex in complete disdain. Gen. Buhari and his cohorts had their part in the riots. As for those of you who pretend that Nigeria can be compared to Western countries that share a common language and religion, you need to look again at your claims by looking closely at Nigeria and its problems. Educated Northerners are also culprits because they will never come out to blame their extremists brothers, maybe for fear of sounding like they are pro South or out of sheer wickedness. Rather than solve their problems, they are determined to drag us down with them with their songs of one Nigeria. [size=18pt]All of you making excuses for Buhari[/size] or the continued genocide of Southern Nigerians in the North,[size=28pt] I pray that you experience the agony of parents who lost their children to the mayhem[/size], AMEN. Until we all agree that there is a problem in the North, Nigeria is a failed project. angry

Why this course?
May YOU AND YOUR FAMILY EXPERIENCE THE SAME  AGONY FAMILY OF PEOPLE WHO DIED IN JOS,SULEJA,ABUJA HADetc.
Idiot.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 11:46pm On Apr 26, 2011
fxtopedia:

Why this course?
May YOU AND YOUR FAMILY EXPERIENCE THE SAME  AGONY FAMILY OF PEOPLE WHO DIED IN JOS,SULEJA,ABUJA HADetc.

Next time, you want to address me, speak proper English. Why are you afraid of curses? What goes around comes around brother. Shameless apologist!!! angry
Insincere bigot!!! When people like you try to make people forget the real issues at hand, you are just as guilty as the perpetrators of the violence we have been witnessing in the North these past years. silly!!!! angry

BTW, your words can't touch me, because I say it as it is. You are afraid because you see no matter where bigots and extremists and their promoters run, karma will always catch up with them. The universe rejects anything that contravenes its laws, including the laws of fairness and equity. If I can condemn Jonathan's policies and you excuse extremism. Well my friend, Karma will catch you. Those that you try to excuse their deaths will forever haunt you. AMEN!!!! IDIOT!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Apr 26, 2011
IykeD:

I am tired of reading all these threads about whom to blame for the post-election crisis and even sick of all these people calling Buhari! Is Buhari bigger than a Country of 150million people? Is he more powerful than the Government of the federal republic of Nigeria? If he is then why rig him out of the election, he would have as well be given the mantle of leadership. So if those animals kill one-quarter of people of Nigeria, you still sit here and say Buhari is the cause when the man has told anyone who cares to listen that he has nothing whatsoever to do with the killings which, even if he didn't say it doesn't really matter. Come on, we have a sitting president, who is meant to be responsible for every citizen. Just last week, the minister for interior or so was sacked and that made NL front page and you guys started hailing him saying he sacked him for not performing his duties as regards the security situations and that meant the security issues were going to be tackled, but two days later, your GEJ's goverment said he was sacked for engaging in inter-party affairs, can you beat that? A country is boiling so hot, almost being brought down by some uneducated animals and your president is talking about inter-party affairs.

Please, it is shameful and sheer cowardice for people to continue calling Buhari's name in this whole thing. This is a security issue which must be tackled by the Government. The continued massacre of innocent citizens by whatever guise and nothing is still done about it goes a long way to show Gej is not capable of ruling a country as complex as Nigeria and this has always been my number issue against him, he is weak and can only crawl when he is pushed to run. Let him do something and stop all these blame talks!

To add to this, if I may, Government has had 12 years to prepare itself to effectively response and handle these things. Yet, each time there is a disaster of this sort, we get stories of massacres and chaos but no control. This problem is seen by most of the world as a regular occurrence in Nigeria. That the Government still isn't as reactive as it ought to, after years of experience with this level of violence and the PRE-KNOWLEDGE of the violence to come, is unacceptable.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2011
virgo:

Next time, you want to address me, speak proper English. Why are you afraid of curses? What goes around comes around brother. Shameless apologist!!! angry
Insincere bigot!!! When people like you try to make people forget the real issues at hand, you are just as guilty as the perpetrators of the violence we have been witnessing in the North these past years. silly!!!! angry

LOL! ''Speak proper English''? That expression showed how good you are in deed! Oloodo.
Try to emend any error ok! But you lack moral. How on earth you are the only one trolling
here. F***
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2011
fxtopedia:

LOL! ''Speak proper English''? That expression showed how good you are in deed! Oloodo.
Try to emend any error ok! But you lack moral. How on earth you are the only one trolling
here. F***

grin grin grin You are so dumb, I feel bad responding to your comment. Jeez, I feel like I just lost IQ points talking to you. Shoooooo, go away!!!! grin grin
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 12:05am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

grin grin grin You are so dumb, I feel bad responding to your comment. Jeez, I feel like I just lost IQ points talking to you. Shoooooo, go away!!!! grin grin

Cretin! Why won't you feel bad? When everything about you is bad. Bad manners! bad parlance!! Bad comments!!! ROFLMAO,
Go and sleep joo
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 12:16am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

Cretin! Why won't you feel bad? When everything about you is bad. Bad manners! bad parlance!! Bad comments!!! ROFLMAO,
Go and sleep joo

Hush my friend. See who was calling someone olodo! Did you go to the dictionary before you coughed out "cretin", and "bad parlance?" You are pathetic!!! Every comment I have read from you always has poorly thought out arguments and reeks of insensitivity to the plight of victims of violence in the North. And you have the nerve to open your mouth to say someone else is bad. You are just as self righteous as the people who kill others for belonging to a different faith. I am still laughing at your bad spelling. "emend?" LOL! Poor sod! I bet you sound intelligent to your ears huh?
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 12:23am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

Hush my friend. See who was calling someone olodo! Did you go to the dictionary before you coughed out "cretin", and "bad parlance?" You are pathetic!!! Every comment I have read from you always has poorly thought out arguments and reeks of insensitivity to the plight of victims of violence in the North. And you have the nerve to open your mouth to say someone else is bad. You are just as self righteous as the people who kill others for belonging to a different faith. I am still laughing at your bad spelling. "emend?" LOL! Poor sod! I bet you sound intelligent to your ears huh?

Oh I see! Stop exposing your ignorance. I can understand that you have not seen or heard the word EMEND before now. I mean ENEND not AMEND.
I am laughing ooo.  grin grin grin

So sorry, you need to check dictionary to understand some ''words'' grin grin grin grin
OLOODO RABATA!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by IykeD(m): 12:23am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

Why this course?
virgo:

People have been tired of PDP and their non delivery for 12 years. I occasionally fault the President's policies, but I hold anyone who suffers from superiority complex in complete disdain. Gen. Buhari and his cohorts had their part in the riots. As for those of you who pretend that Nigeria can be compared to Western countries that share a common language and religion, you need to look again at your claims by looking closely at Nigeria and its problems. Educated Northerners are also culprits because they will never come out to blame their extremists brothers, maybe for fear of sounding like they are pro South or out of sheer wickedness. Rather than solve their problems, they are determined to drag us down with them with their songs of one Nigeria. All of you making excuses for Buhari or the continued genocide of Southern Nigerians in the North, I pray that you experience the agony of parents who lost their children to the mayhem, AMEN. Until we all agree that there is a problem in the North, Nigeria is a failed project. angry

What right have you got to curse anyone here? I am entitled to my opinions as it affects me as much as you do. It's people like you that are causing the problem we are having in Nigeria. Please next time restrain caution, this is a public forum, don't bring your ill-mannered domestic habits here! Now take back your curse!
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 12:28am On Apr 27, 2011
fxtopedia:

Oh I see! Stop exposing your ignorance. I can understand that you have not seen or heard the word EMEND before now. I mean ENEND not AMEND.
I am laughing ooo.  grin grin grin

So sorry, you need to check dictionary to understand some ''words'' grin grin grin grin
OLOODO RABATA!!!!!!!!!!

Oh oh, so you changed from "emend" to enend" now?  grin. LOL. Hope you won't change your incorrect sentence "how on earth you are the only one, " because that sounds like someone is more the olodo than he would like everyone to believe. LMAO
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by virgo(f): 12:32am On Apr 27, 2011
IykeD:

What right have you got to curse anyone here? I am entitled to my opinions as it affects me as much as you do. It's people like you that are causing the problem we are having in Nigeria. Please next time restrain caution, this is a public forum, don't bring your ill-mannered domestic habits here! Now take back your curse!

What a joke!!! Well listen dear, I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. If the cap fits, please gladly wear it. If you excuse murderers, don't come here ordering me around or shoving your chauvinism down my throat because I am not easily cowed by your testosterone charged diatribe. By the time, Al Qaeda shows up at your door step, you will know the real problem in Nigeria.  angry SMH
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 12:35am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

Oh oh, so you changed from "emend" to enend" now?  grin. LOL. Hope you won't change your incorrect sentence "how on earth you are the only one, " because that sounds like someone is more the olodo than he would like everyone to believe he is not. LMAO

A cretin like you will never believe that there is TYPO! I just asked you to correct what is WRONG with emend. Good you had checked
your dictionary. Nagging woman girl. I only pity your husband.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 27, 2011
'Are you telling me that if a racist white American stabs his black neighbour to death, the FBI will be blamed for not knowing who habours hate and who does not?'

Best aguement of the day.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 27, 2011
Who is to blame? I find this question ridiculous and downright hypocritical. It's like asking who is to blame in the case where a seductive woman is despoiled a randy fool: do you blame her for appearing seductive, or do you blame the he-goat who couldn't control his own violent lust. Of course you would blame the latter. That is why the northen he-goats should be blamed for demonstrating yet again - as they have done times without number - that they are as bestial and brainless as the wildest of brutes.

Anybody blaming the government or whatnot for the post election violence is either imbecilic or utterly hypocritical. Why not ask yourself why such outbreaks of unprovoked attacks on people of other tribes/religions ALWAYS happen in the north? Does that not show that something is FUNDAMENTALLY wrong with the creatures up north and their value systems? Is there a different government for the south than there is for the north? Why not blame the northerners who ALWAYS resort to ethno-religious violence at the slightest provocation TIMES WITHOUT NUMBER? I just don't understand why some people would prefer to stand the truth on its head in order to sound politically correct.

If post-election riots had broken out in the south, I can bet it would have been purely political - northerners, youth corpers, mosques and whatnot would not have been specifically targeted. But up north? Every slightest issue is Islamized and used as an excuse to target southerners and Christians (and perhaps northerners who are deemed to side with southerners and Christians). Isn't this fact clear enough, with several historical examples? Why mince words about it and prefer to blame the government?

The savage beasts and extremists that populate the core north (including, or in fact especially Buhari and his co-zealots) should all be blamed for the waste of precious innocent lives that occurred as an aftermath of the elections. It is not as if it's an isolated one-off case; it has kept happening over and over again ALWAYS in the north. Why the north, always? Can someone explain? This has NOTHING to do with the government. . .afterall it's the same government that governs the more sane and civilized south.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by Akosbaba(m): 12:39am On Apr 27, 2011
Everybody calling for buhari's head should take a secomd to examine the state of mind of the people rioting for someone somewhere chilling someplace while their loosing their lives on the streets.
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by fxtopedia(m): 12:40am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

What a joke!!! Well listen dear, I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. If the cap fits, please gladly wear it. If you excuse murderers, don't come here ordering me around. By the time, Al Qaeda shows up at your door step, you will know the real problem in Nigeria.  angry SMH

Can a leopard change its ##### Never! There you are. I guess you are not married yet. You in-law would teach you some lesson!!! grin grin grin
Re: Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? by IykeD(m): 12:43am On Apr 27, 2011
virgo:

What a joke!!! Well listen dear, I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. If the cap fits, please gladly wear it. If you excuse murderers, don't come here ordering me around. By the time, Al Qaeda shows up at your door step, you will know the real problem in Nigeria.  angry SMH

Madam know-all, have you read in the papers or seen on TV that those animals are killing people because of political affiliation? I mean do they ask, are you a member of PDP or did you vote for GEJ or Buhari before they kill? Aren't there PDP northerners? Why are they not being killed? The problem at hand is not political, get that into your head, it's purely religious, sectional and tribalism (which was  timed with the electioneering period) and all in all, it's a security issue that falls on the table of the federal republic of Nigeria headed by your president, GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3-year Jail Term Awaits One-way Traffic Offenders In Lagos. / Tunde Oladunjoye: Tinubu Is The Most Media-friendly Presidential Candidate / Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.