Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:23 PM

Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? (631 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / See The List of God’s Divine Plans. / The Doctrine Of God's Divine Election ⚫⚫ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by FatherOfJesus: 7:22pm On May 06, 2021
If God gave freewill then how can everything be part of a divine plan? Freewill brings in several probabilities.

If God has a divine plan, how can it accommodate the probabilities in freewill?

A plan cannot be a plan when there’s freewill involved. Freewill allows for probabilities and an omniscient (all knowing God) should not work with probabilities rather he should work with precision and accuracy. If you say he works with precision and accuracy then it means that he already know those who won’t make heaven and that’s part of his divine plan.

So why Change the plan by trying to convert people or praying to him? He already has a plan and your prayers should not change it else his omniscient nature becomes compromised.

The ridiculous confusion in Christianity.
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by Daveambition(m): 7:29pm On May 06, 2021
This a brainwashing process that is taking place, y'all ignore this terminology the OP is tryna illustrate. No let who dey sleep for ground tell yu say foam no suppose cme with pillow.
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:53pm On May 06, 2021
In the event that occurred in Eden God told the couple "from every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction, but of the tree that's in the middle of the garden you mustn't eat" Genesis 2:16-17
This fruit symbolizes the freewill given to man that is humans are free to explore their domain and try everything manly possible they can think of but when it comes to setting standards that will guide them as a family, they must rely on God not their own understanding!
So God is not against Science as you're thinking Sir, the only thing God detests is when imperfect man wants to set standards regarding right and wrong for his fellow man whereas he himself must rely on God to live a happy life! Jeremiah 10:23
For your information, Jehovah's Witnesses are inventing lots of machines we use in our preaching and teaching program.
But one thing is a no go area for us:
Whose standard should guide us in life?
That's none negotiable, only Jehovah through the loving counsels we received from his only begotten SON (Jesus Christ) is our standard!
That's why we engage in all skills except whatever has to do with RULERSHIP! smiley
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by DappaD: 9:17pm On May 06, 2021
Yes. God allows for intelligent beings to choose their path/course in life but the decisions made by such ones can never alter/change his own divine purpose because he can always circumvent matters to fit in to what he desires. Isaiah 46:10

You’re still hammering on this “God is omniscient” issue even though it has been proved to be an unbiblical teaching. A very good example to use is the Flood of Noah’s day(which you claim is a fable but okay)
Ever since mankind fell to sin, generation after generation had seen moral bankruptcy to the extent that God could say that he “regretted that he made men on the earth”. (Genesis 6:6) Tell me how that is possible if God is omniscient? It simply means that it was after Adam’s sin that God fully saw the ripple effects of imperfection since it was not part of his original plans. Genesis 8:21, Ecclesiastes 7:29

The Bible says that the earth was made to be inhabited forever which is part of God’s will. Isaiah 45:18
But did the individual decisions made by those wicked men in Noah’s day disrupt his plan?
I guess you would know the answer to that.
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by FatherOfJesus: 9:21pm On May 06, 2021
DappaD:
Yes. God allows for intelligent beings to choose their path/course in life but the decisions made by such ones can never alter/change his own divine purpose because he can always circumvent matters to fit in to what he desires. Isaiah 46:10

You’re still hammering on this “God is omniscient” issue even though it has been proved to be an unbiblical teaching. A very good example to use is the Flood of Noah’s day(which you claim is a fable but okay)
Ever since mankind fell to sin, generation after generation had seen moral bankruptcy to the extent that God could say that he “regretted that he made men on the earth”. (Genesis 6:6) Tell me how that is possible if God is omniscient? It simply means that it was after Adam’s sin that God fully saw the ripple effects of imperfection since it was not part of his original plans. Genesis 8:21, Ecclesiastes 7:29

The Bible says that the earth was made to be inhabited forever which is part of God’s will. Isaiah 45:18
But did the individual decisions made by those wicked men in Noah’s day disrupt his plan? I guess you would know the answer to that.
The Bible and everything you posted makes no logical sense.
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by DappaD: 9:22pm On May 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
The Bible and everything you posted makes no logical sense.

Your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:24pm On May 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
If God gave freewill then how can everything be part of a divine plan? Freewill brings in several probabilities.

If God has a divine plan, how can it accommodate the probabilities in freewill?

A plan cannot be a plan when there’s freewill involved. Freewill allows for probabilities and an omniscient (all knowing God) should not work with probabilities rather he should work with precision and accuracy. If you say he works with precision and accuracy then it means that he already know those who won’t make heaven and that’s part of his divine plan.

So why Change the plan by trying to convert people or praying to him? He already has a plan and your prayers should not change it else his omniscient nature becomes compromised.

The ridiculous confusion in Christianity.

When will you get it that that is what it always means to be a creation?

Do you play chess or checkers or even scrabble?

We are just toys (pieces) on a gigantic board game!

The moves every creation can FREELY MAKE is Always limited.

Freewill is still limited!

In chess the knight can only move in any available L Shape on the board, the Queen, Rook and Bishop, Straight Lines.

No chess piece can ever defeat the plan of the Creator of the chess board. It is IMPOSSIBLE! grin
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:38pm On May 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

We Christians are trying to warn you that you are not playing chess alone, there is a High Grand Master watching your every move and He is part of this world's game of life Chess!

You make your move and it is His turn to make His Move.

It is wise you Move in line with His Moves for you do not want Him to play against you, you will lose very very painfully, ask Pharoah, Goliath and Co. grin
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:43pm On May 06, 2021
Daveambition:
This a brainwashing process that is taking place, y'all ignore this terminology the OP is tryna illustrate. No let who dey sleep for ground tell yu say foam no suppose cme with pillow.

Ah, bros many foam no dey marry pillow oh, and no fit eva marry pillow. Go federal and state boarding school make you check am.

Dem no fit match at all, at all!
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by FatherOfJesus: 10:05pm On May 06, 2021
DappaD:

Your opinion.
its the fact, Bible doesn’t agree with reality and fact. Always unverifiable claims
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:20pm On May 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
its the fact, Bible doesn’t agree with reality and fact. Always unverifiable claims

It is Always impossible and beyond the reach for any and all creations to measure their Creator! grin
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by DappaD: 10:55pm On May 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

Whatever you say is not necessarily a fact but just your own opinion but it seems you’re intent on forcing your opinion on me even though I thoroughly covered the topic of discussion.
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by FatherOfJesus: 11:00pm On May 06, 2021
DappaD:

Whatever you say is not necessarily a fact but just your own opinion but it seems you’re intent on forcing your opinion on me even though I thoroughly covered the topic of discussion.
not my opinion dude, it’s the opinion from realism.
If the Bible is fact then let’s test whatever is written there in reality.
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by DappaD: 11:04pm On May 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
not my opinion dude, it’s the opinion from realism.

Isn’t this what MaxInDHouse normally does on your threads and you ignore? If I happen to go that lane, you’d pass it off as just my own interpretation or even air me totally.
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by FatherOfJesus: 11:29pm On May 06, 2021
DappaD:

Isn’t this what MaxInDHouse normally does on your threads and you ignore? If I happen to go that lane, you’d pass it off as just my own interpretation or even air me totally.
I ignore him because he doesn’t make sense most times.
I don’t have strength to engage long unending arguments with people with low I.Q.

He will be going back and forth without presenting any substantive evidence for anything. If you do that, I will ignore you as well because there’s no amount of argument you have with a scientifically illiterate person that can make him know science and how to present verifiable and testable evidence.
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by DappaD: 11:45pm On May 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
I ignore him because he doesn’t make sense most times.
I don’t have strength to engage long unending arguments with people with low I.Q.
He will be going back and forth without presenting any substantive evidence for anything.
If you do that, I will ignore you as well because there’s no amount of argument you have with a scientifically illiterate person that can make him know science and how to present verifiable and testable evidence.

Oh yes he has always provided substantial evidence—which you ignore because it’s not what you want to hear from those who believe in the Bible.

@bolded, Oh boy! are you such a narcissist. Look, everything does not revolve around you. I, for one am under no obligation of speaking with an obstinate person from the Bible. Matthew 10:11, Acts 13:48

Also, your goal-post shifting techniques really needs to be studied because I saw how you veered right off topic after it was addressed thoroughly.
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:45pm On May 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

Is this not reality Proverbs 5:3-5

...The lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:

4 But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword.

5 Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.

Romance and Family Section already Prove The Truth of this "whatever written in it"! grin
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by FatherOfJesus: 12:00am On May 07, 2021
DappaD:

Oh yes he has always provided substantial evidence—which you ignore because it’s not what you want to hear from those who believe in the Bible.

@bolded, Oh boy! are you such a narcissist. Look, everything does not revolve around you. I, for one am under no obligation of speaking with an obstinate person from the Bible. Matthew 10:11, Acts 13:48

Also, your goal-post shifting techniques really needs to be studied because I saw how you veered right off topic after it was addressed thoroughly.
The Bible is not evidence.
Why can’t y’all educate yourself? you can’t convince someone who doesn’t believe the Bible with the scriptures. That’s fallacy of begging the question.

That is why I always ignore the other guy, there’s no single statement he makes without a fallacy.

What are the testable evidence that will give repeatable results from the Bible? Give the the testable method and stop quoting the Bible for me, I have read that book times without number and I still don’t believe every bit of it because it’s a fairytale. You think quoting it now will make any difference?

It’s simple, if you think the Bible is evidence, give us a method to test it.

What goal post? Give method to test all the rubbish in the Bible and stop playing childish pranks
Re: Is It Possible For Freewill To Work With God’s Divine Plans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:51am On May 07, 2021
What business do i have with an atheist? cheesy
As long as he keep off from mentioning God and Bible there's no reason to engage him.
Let him go and create his own society and see how easy it will be without God in the minds of the inhabitants.
Whenever i come to his thread he always feel everything revolves around him but i simply present my response with Bible's believers in mind (not him) while he's battling with spectacular display of past recorded events in his mind i go straight to the practical application of what the Bible teaches and the undeniable benefits.
Let him tell everyone the benefits of the theory of evolution in the human society while i use the Bible to show him countless benefits of God's word in the history of mankind.
So whether he ignores or try to argue when he is cornered, i will always poke the bubble of lies he tries to post against God's word.

What he doesn't know is Churchgoers may ignore him because they're not fully competent and completely equipped to dismantle his prideful rebellious spirit but we are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES we always live up to our name! wink

DappaD:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please If You Can Interpret Dream Help Me Interpret Please / Patrick Eholor Slams Apostle Suleiman Over Another Sex Scandal Allegation / Where Can I Get Opelope Anointing CD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.