Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. (19768 Views)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Why We Mix Hypo, Detergents And Potash With Cassava -fufu Producers | / My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by solace89(m): 3:14am On Oct 19, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Pls who knows current price per tone of a dry maize?.. I don't want to be cheated cheesy
I have seen ur contact down here thanks, but the YouTube link isn’t working?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by FarmTech(m): 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2021
Krak:

One of my friends suggested I use Lifeline but I could not find it in my area, I think I will settle for glyphosate and apply it carefully.
U shud remove all lower leaves that will get on the way b4 spraying. Although some people in my area just spray without doing that.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Krak(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
FarmTech:

U shud remove all lower leaves that will get on the way b4 spraying. Although some people in my area just spray without doing that.

I have started doing that already.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:49am On Oct 21, 2021
solace89:

I have seen ur contact down here thanks, but the YouTube link isn’t working?
http://youtube.com/channel/UCtmihslDu6dRM_AJ0Mwn1kA/videos you will see meaningful video by weekend. I paid #500 per full bag of this sack (harvest), best way to enjoy dry maize is to shell,put photoxin then store till February before you sell it. It seems both of us is having thesame issue because me too want to pay some bills grin, so am selling 1or 2 tones out when i thrash it. I will post video by weekend....go through my playlist.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by solace89(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
http://youtube.com/channel/UCtmihslDu6dRM_AJ0Mwn1kA/videos you will see meaningful video by weekend. I paid #500 per full bag of this sack (harvest), best way to enjoy dry maize is to shell,put photoxin then store till February before you sell it. It seems both of us is having thesame issue because me too want to pay some bills grin, so am selling 1or 2 tones out when i thrash it. I will post video by weekend....go through my playlist.
Thanks a lot I will check the vids out by the end of the weekend then. Okay, thanks. I may need to speak with you on fone if it’s okay.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
solace89:

Thanks a lot I will check the vids out by the end of the weekend then. Okay, thanks. I may need to speak with you on fone if it’s okay.
you can check now...I start shelling yesterday

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by solace89(m): 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
you can check now...I start shelling yesterday
Okay thanks, will check out the YouTube page
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Phosphine is inside this one's, and I will be selling it by February or early March next year

3 Likes

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2021
I have started selling this one today at #130 per kilo, I don't put Phosphine inside it. More insight tomorrow.,.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:12am On Oct 30, 2021
56 bags of un-shell maize is equivalent to 26 bags of shell maize.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by aquadude15: 8:25am On Oct 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
56 bags of un-shell maize is equivalent to 26 bags of shell maize.
baba I wan buy make oooo.
can I still get from you
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:25am On Oct 30, 2021
aquadude15:

baba I wan buy make oooo.
can I still get from you
sure now... God bless our hustle bro!
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Lekan239(m): 11:33am On Oct 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I will be planting some hectares of maize intercrop with cassava. I will be posting the video on my channel and IG. I plough today. This will be a year thread and if you have interest (insight) follow!
I'm a newbie, I have kind of passion for agriculture, cassava and maize farming. I'm in Ekiti state presently, I honestly do not know where to start from. How to get a land for lease and all others
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I have started selling this one today at #130 per kilo, I don't put Phosphine inside it. More insight tomorrow.,.

That's like 130,000 per tonne.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Phosphine is inside this one's, and I will be selling it by February or early March next year

Can dry maize last that long. What about those insect pests, weevils n Co., rats nko.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:

Are you saying you paid ₦500 for them to harvest and fill each bag with maize.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:57am On Nov 14, 2021
northbird:

Are you saying you paid ₦500 for them to harvest and fill each bag with maize.
yes, I paid #500 for each bag.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:00am On Nov 14, 2021
northbird:

Can dry maize last that long. What about those insect pests, weevils n Co., rats nko.
yes it can last, you will put Phosphine inside it, then use any poison to kill rat.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by bihok(m): 8:57am On Nov 14, 2021
Please how many tablet is good for one bag
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by bihok(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2021
How many phosphine tablet per bag and how many kg is in one bag
Farmerakinloye6:
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Ramon92: 10:12am On Nov 14, 2021
Hi OP,

How much in kg or tonnes approx can I harvest from two plots of only maize?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:22am On Nov 14, 2021
bihok:
How many phosphine tablet per bag and how many kg is in one bag
1 is okay for 100kg bag, you will put the tablet inside rag before you put it inside maize. One per one bag should make the maize last for like three months.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2021
Ramon92:
Hi OP,

How much in kg or tonnes approx can I harvest from two plots of only maize?
1000kg is equivalent to 1tonnes, your yield will depend on the maize density and maintenance. Maybe 100kg of shell maize
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Exporthub: 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
BUYER OF MAIZE AND SOYABEANS! BUYER OF MAIZE AND SOYABEANS!! BUYER OF MAIZE AND SOYABEANS !!!

Our company buys maize and soyabeans in large quantity at very good prices. Interested and serious suppliers should contact us;

Call - 08060146455; WhatsApp - 07088673436; Email - info@exporthub.ng

Commodity - Maize, Soyabeans
Moisture - 12% or less
Payment Terms - Upon Delivery (Within 48hrs Max)
Quality - Free from weavils, insects or molds
Type - Old & New Crop
Minimum Supply per batch - 30tons
Maximum Supply per batch - As much as possible
Delivery Location - Lagos/Ibadan/Shagamu/Oyo/Ilorin

An Irrevocable LPO will be issued.

Our buying price is the best in the industry,

BUYER OF MAIZE AND SOYABEANS
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Pls who knows current price per tone of a dry maize?.. I don't want to be cheated cheesy

Please, how much is current market price of dry maize/tonne.

I hear maize is lways scarce around March. Is that true?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
northbird:

Please, how much is current market price of dry maize/tonne.

I hear maize is lways scarce around March. Is that true?
140k maybe over in some place though! Yes feb-march.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Solababa91(m): 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
How do you quantify the bagging for 100kg and 50kg? Do you weigh or you use mudu. Been following your thread Sir. A good job weldone.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:10am On Nov 26, 2021
Solababa91:
How do you quantify the bagging for 100kg and 50kg? Do you weigh or you use mudu. Been following your thread Sir. A good job weldone.
when I weigh, even at a selling point we always scale each bag till will finish even if it is 10 tones.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Solababa91(m): 8:53pm On Nov 26, 2021
Alright, thanks Sir.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by betabread: 8:50am On Nov 30, 2021
Can some-one tell me his yield data in terms of this type of bagging........My Current yield is 1bag per alakpin and 2 bags per plot............ Not fantastic as I have seen 4 per alakpin and 7 per plot

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2021
My cassava farm was brush finished yesterday, I paid 22k per hectare. Anything April-may I will start the harvest...I will post the length soon on my IG.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by folmus: 8:35am On Dec 25, 2021
When is the time to start planting cassava?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export / Official Launching Of Niger Star Rice (Photos) / Maintaining A Clean Pig House In Modern Pig Farming (video/pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.